POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yall can't be reasoned with and do not argue in good faith, there is no point. You all routinely dismiss things overwhelming majorities of scientists tell you they know as a fact. You all are either too stupid or too disingenuous to respect your opinion. You know that is true.
Lazy as usual. From the Paris Accord to Net Neutrality you have been proven wrong every time you pop up with an actual opinion (that always uses the same phraseology as the mass media). As Ida said, you then go into knee jerk racebaiting etc. Stop lying about your history/ideology and have some substance and people won't treat you like a troll. You were here the whole Obama administration and were mute.

The best way to disrupt an "echo chamber" is with logic, reason, facts and evidence. If all you want to argue are feelings, you'll get run off.

Case in point, I don't think I've seen a post from 1984 in a few days ever since he couldn't wrap his head around the concept of using hypotheticals to explore legal precedent.

The US trade deficit grew to $60 billion in December, according to a new report from the Census Bureau.

That contributed to an overall deficit of $621 billion in 2018, the agency said — a $69 billion increase from the year before. It’s also a 10-year high. Since Trump took office, the deficit has grown by more than $100 billion, the Census Bureau reported.

MAGA!
I won't post it again because you are a dumb but the CBO has projected these deficits since 2014. How are revenues? Why did Obama oppose the sequester cuts, the reason it dipped for a bit?

The best way to disrupt an "echo chamber" is with logic, reason, facts and evidence. If all you want to argue are feelings, you'll get run off.

Case in point, I don't think I've seen a post from 1984 in a few days ever since he couldn't wrap his head around the concept of using hypotheticals to explore legal precedent.
plat's tax return had a special deduction for "feelings"

I like Rand Paul a lot but he has quite the big ego at times. I wonder if this vote will hurt him politically in Kentucky. I'm sure a lot of Trump voters will not be happy with his vote.

The majority of voters have no clue who votes for or against anything. They just vote for a name with a letter beside it.

Reactions: Levibooty
Just trying to nail down your stance big fella.
Im just making sure you drones understand how full of shit Trump is. He promised the deficits would rapidly plummet as soon as he took office. That it would be bigly easy because he is the worlds best negotiator. All he has done is skyrocket every form of deficit we have because he is completely clueless how our economy & government actually work.
Is the wall built yet? The pentagon reported yesterday that not a single dime of Trumps "emergency" money or even the new bill has been spent because they still haven't spent even half of last years money. He is really in a hurry to get that wall built. Seems to me like he is purposefully dragging it out to make sure it is still an issue he can campaign on for 2020.

Reactions: Levibooty
^Yet, instead of arguing salient, relevant points, you continue to generalize about every single poster, based on his or her political persuasion. I thought that type of monolithic, stereotypical thinking was anathema to America and its ideals.
Great description of Fox News.

Gotta admit this guy has a point.
53318720_2778219452209667_8456987530074521600_n.jpg

Don't know why she is trying not to lie. She has perjured herself every other time she went before congress. "we have no policy of child separation"

@CatsFanGG24 So you now agree that there is nothing wrong with trade deficits and Trump is an idiot?
You do know that USA trade deficit is a measure of how well the economy is doing, right? Note how it dropped with the 2001 & 2009 recessions. See that? Net, the 2018 deficit shows how great the Trump economy is doing - more people are working & thus spending. Aren't you happy?

MW-HF122_USgood_20190306100301_MG.png

Reactions: ymmot31
Thoughts on Trump and the potential veto after the senate passes the bill saying he has no emergency money ? Most think he veto's ?

You do know that USA trade deficit is a measure of how well the economy is doing, right? Note how it drop with the 2001 & 2009 recessions. See that? Net, the 2018 deficit shows how great the Trump economy is doing - more people are working & thus spending. Aren't you happy?

MW-HF122_USgood_20190306100301_MG.png
no shit sherlock. a stronger economy means more purchasing power and more trade deficits. And the US just has a shitload of money and doesn't produce a lot of goods other countries want so our deficit always goes up. Europe and Asia hate our industrialized food products and only buy them because we force them to as the price of doing business. Maybe you should try explaining that to the ****ing moron that sits in the oval office.

Last edited:
Thoughts on Trump and the potential veto after the senate passes the bill saying he has no emergency money ? Most think he veto's ?
of course he veto's, he looks like a complete imbecile if he doesn't. The question is how far will he push the GoP away to the point where they may even override the veto. Rand Paul says at least 10 republicans will vote against his emergency. He is generally full of shit but if it gets close to that kind of number Trump is in a lot of trouble. If the GoP see the winds shifting they will turn on Trump without a 2nd thought. re-election is all they care about and will happily cut loose dead weight.

[QUOTE="Platinumdrgn, post..... and doesn't produce a lot of goods other countries want .......

That seals it. You are as silly as I suspected you were.

Reactions: ymmot31
republicans argue about tariffs like they the same way they argue about the national debt, or the deficit, their perspective will change completely according to who is in office at the time.

[QUOTE="Platinumdrgn, post..... and doesn't produce a lot of goods other countries want .......

That seals it. You are as silly as I suspected you were.

Yeah, he's pretty clueless on this one. The United States is the second biggest exporter in the world.

:cool2: I just noticed at the top of the thread list, the last post to this thread was made by "ignored member". Since I know who that is, it made me smile. Prolly saved about 47 brain cells to boot. #winning #MAGA

Will someone send to plat? He is afraid of me I guess. From 2014.

Under CBO’s revised baseline projections, growth in spending – especially for Social Security, health care and interest on the federal debt – will outpace growth in revenues over the coming decade. Under the latest CBO scenario, deficits will increase modestly through 2018 but then start to accelerate, reaching $1.4 trillion in 2026 absent some legislative intervention to slow the growth of spending.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT