POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Affecting the environment is totally different than affecting the climate. No doubt we've affected the environment. We've built cities, we've built dams, we've pumped chemicals into the water and the air, we've created huge farms. That changed the environment.

We have not changed the climate in any appreciable amount. The climate changes itself with or without us.

China and India causing more environmental damage to the planet, but taxing American tax payers will totally fix this problem.

Of course humans effect the environment. Impossible to know how much and if it's preventable.

The scary part is how to fix it. Let's say we leave it up to bunch of "experts" and we give them a f ton of tax money only to do irreversible damage. Of course that will only give them the excuse to tax us more to fix the mess that they made.

After all that how to do we control the sun? How much research do we have on it?

Think about the microsoft AI commercial during the superbowl. "If we can't measure it we can't manage it." In other words whatever they can measure they will tax you to manage it. Total control of everything. Control freaks hungry for power.

Ticks me off that these climate change wackos don’t put their money where their mouth is! Live off the grid.
[roll]

A "green new deal" that's takes on the biggest most elaborate infrastructure project ever attempted by man leaving a carbon footprint that India and China combined are in envy of.

But remember they're going to phase out coal as well. Right after burning through a crap ton of it for decades to come in order to build their train to Australia.

In Broward County too. Lol

Democrats are pure dog shit. The shit that happens any time they need to deflect is amazing.

Bad press for total lunatics storming restaurants and movie theaters and giving death threats over the Kavanaugh crap while Republicans run ads for “jobs not mobs” all of a sudden gets a “Oh, look at these hoax bombs that were mailed to Democrats from one of the most corrupt Dem counties.”

You’ve seen what Democrats will do to stage shit. Do we really think they’re above a hoax bomb? Lol.

And for the record I'm not denying that climate change isn't real. I'm refuting the bogus talking point that 97% of experts agree or that it's mostly (keyword) caused by human activity.
I believe it to be real and that’s its possible that man could be affecting it somewhat. My problem is how much and what can really be done about it without bankrupting companies and causing actual deaths. The poor would be affected the most if the crazy GND was put into place.

51474532_2005182499600923_1256648499563331584_n.jpg

And for the record I'm not denying that climate change isn't real. I'm refuting the bogus talking point that 97% of experts agree or that it's mostly (keyword) caused by human activity.

I have no problem saying the climate has changed. There are just too many variables, including urban heat island effect, to think for a second that humans have raised the temperature to a measurable amount.

The Sun that provides all of our external heat, along with the oceans, decide most of our climate. Everything below that has a decreasing amount of influence and if you follow it far enough, you will finally get to the affect man has made. It's a long trip.

I believe it to be real and that’s its possible that man could be affecting it somewhat. My problem is how much and what can really be done about it without bankrupting companies and causing actual deaths. The poor would be affected the most if the crazy GND was put into place.
Temperature has gone up about 1.3-1.6° in the last 300 years or so. Not a real worry here. In fact, more deaths are caused by cold weather than hot and longer warmer climates will contribute to a longer growing season. More food for a growing population.

Like building a speed rail to replace all airplanes and upgrading every structure in the country?

I guess they think those projects could be achieved using solar and wind.

Literally all of it. Every part of the Green New Deal is an obvious joke. But more generally false demand is a problem. The left literally campaigns on wealth redistribution to increase consumption. Given the premise that it would actually work . . . How is that added consumption good for the environment? What kind of bullshit has to happen to fulfill that added demand? Where does the tuna and avocado come from when literally everyone is living the Millennial dream of avocado toast and sushi?

If you believe this is an apocalyptic problem, how would you talk about anything else? How can you with a straight face slide some bullshit like "give everyone a living wage whether they are willing to work or not" into a bill preventing the apocalypse?

Best thing we could do for the planet would be to build huge factories to produce CO2. Would help all the plants to grow which would increase the oxygen level. Warming by a couple of degrees would produce more food and make living conditions better for all the folks up north.

Don't let the oceans rising faze you. There will still be beaches. [winking]

Reactions: warrior-cat
Literally all of it. Every part of the Green New Deal is an obvious joke. But more generally false demand is a problem. The left literally campaigns on wealth redistribution to increase consumption. Given the premise that it would actually work . . . How is that added consumption good for the environment? What kind of bullshit has to happen to fulfill that added demand? Where does the tuna and avocado come from when literally everyone is living the Millennial dream of avocado toast and sushi?

If you believe this is an apocalyptic problem, how would you talk about anything else? How can you with a straight face slide some bullshit like "give everyone a living wage whether they are willing to work or not" into a bill preventing the apocalypse?
This is common sense, a realm beyond the understanding or reality for the left.

Best thing we could do for the planet would be to build huge factories to produce CO2. Would help all the plants to grow which would increase the oxygen level. Warming by a couple of degrees would produce more food and make living conditions better for all the folks up north.

Don't let the oceans rising faze you. There will still be beaches. [winking]
Most of the beaches are from the left and Mexico.

Reactions: ymmot31
Let's concede for the sake of argument that climate change is real, and that it is man-made. Now, the question to ask is, what is the extent, and do the benefits received from the activities that cause climate change outweigh the effects? How does the cost of preventing the negative effects compare to the cost of suffering the negative effects? And finally, is the cost of the negative effects being borne by those who are actually causing the negative effects?

We were told decades ago that our shores would be under 10 feet of water by now. Gradual sea level elevation increases are not catastrophic. It is manageable. We can't justify spending billions of dollars to maintain the status quo if the cost of change is minimal.

Finally, there is no reason why the USA should bear the brunt of the cost of addressing climate change, especially if they are not the primary cause. We all know the polluters (China, India, etc.) are not being asked to pay for the damage they are causing. Instead, not only are we being asked to pay the price for compliance with stringent regulation of pollution, we are also being asked to pay for the failure of other countries to regulate at all. It's so unfair, so blatantly inequitable, that we are the equivalent of environmental cucks to even consider footing the bill for the evolving industrialized countries.

Tell me I'm wrong, Bro.

Let's concede for the sake of argument that climate change is real, and that it is man-made. Now, the question to ask is, what is the extent, and do the benefits received from the activities that cause climate change outweigh the effects? How does the cost of preventing the negative effects compare to the cost of suffering the negative effects? And finally, is the cost of the negative effects being borne by those who are actually causing the negative effects?

We were told decades ago that our shores would be under 10 feet of water by now. Gradual sea level elevation increases are not catastrophic. It is manageable. We can't justify spending billions of dollars to maintain the status quo if the cost of change is minimal.

Finally, there is no reason why the USA should bear the brunt of the cost of addressing climate change, especially if they are not the primary cause. We all know the polluters (China, India, etc.) are not being asked to pay for the damage they are causing. Instead, not only are we being asked to pay the price for compliance with stringent regulation of pollution, we are also being asked to pay for the failure of other countries to regulate at all. It's so unfair, so blatantly inequitable, that we are the equivalent of environmental cucks to even consider footing the bill for the evolving industrialized countries.

Tell me I'm wrong, Bro.

Remember, telling China and India to clean up their act is racist.

Tell me I'm wrong, Bro.
He does not understand what you posted. Ignorance is his right of passage. That and compliance to mob rule.

Odd how all the players have been fired, facing charges and/or stepped down but it's a conspiracy to suggest they were up to no good, abused their power and targeted Trump.

Meanwhile Trump is still in office facing zero charges or impeachment but collusion definitely happened.

Up is down and true is false in their world.

I think the environment issue encapsulates what pisses me off most about the left. It's all just a collection of nice sounding shit that really sounds nice in isolation. Save the environment! Don't discriminate! Nobody needs guns! Everyone should be middle class! Pay your fair share! Cops are oppressive! Pro Choice! If you string their solutions for any 2 of those exclamations together you get contradictions . . . and nobody cares because it sounds nice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT