POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How is due process involved? This wasn't a trial. Acosta still has his job. CNN still has reporters at the WH. If Acosta was kicked out of a bar for being rowdy, would a judge say he has a right to be there because he was kicked out without due process?

This judge was appointed by Trump by the way.
Man, I don't understand the judge's reasoning at all. I'm not a lawyer and maybe there is something I missed. It sounds exactly like left wing ideology but this guy was appointed by Trump. I wonder if he has any idea how many press conferences Acosta has ruined with his grandstanding before this most recent one. How could anyone watch the footage of that debacle and not see that Acosta is there simply to lecture the president.

I think what hurt the WH the most was the talk about Acosta putting his hands on the intern. That implied that he assaulted her or something and that definitely was not the case. They had sufficient reason to do it without claiming he put his hands on her.

He did push her arm aside. It wasn't violent, but he did physically resist her effort to take the mic. Jim Acosta does not have a "right" to be in the WH. He has a right to write whatever lies the dems tell him to write.

Man, I don't understand the judge's reasoning at all. I'm not a lawyer and maybe there is something I missed. It sounds exactly like left wing ideology but this guy was appointed by Trump. I wonder if he has any idea how many press conferences Acosta has ruined with his grandstanding before this most recent one. How could anyone watch the footage of that debacle and not see that Acosta is there simply to lecture the president.

I think what hurt the WH the most was the talk about Acosta putting his hands on the intern. That implied that he assaulted her or something and that definitely was not the case. They had sufficient reason to do it without claiming he put his hands on her.

Are you blind? That was the most violent karate chop I have seen delivered since the outtakes of Enter the Dragon. Bruce Lee himself could not have generated such vicious and devastating force with his arm. Acosta should be registered as a deadly weapon.

I wasn't slamming you either but I think the ultimate goal of trickle-down is also misleading when people will often react in their own best interests moreso than an employee for example. The 40-year discrepancy in income and benefits between the top 1-10%% and the bottom 90-99% mirrors these economics.

The problem you mention isn't caused by trickle down, trickle down is simply a patch to a larger problem.
The problem is rooted in post WWII America, we were the only major producing nation not affected by war at home. We produced everything for the world. Times were good for a few decades, then the world started catching up.
We had grown acustomed to a lifestyle that was unsustainable. Trickle down was an incentive, Free trade was an incentive. The problem is those 2 have side affects, Free trade is a really quick fix as in the long run it benefits employers to go to where cheap labor is located.
So once those companies leave, how do you get them back to where higher labor is located? Thats where the latest tax cut comes into play.

That doesn't even take into account that we've basically created modern day China to a point they are a threat globally. They are an existential threat to the United States, maybe not right this moment, but it's not far off.

He did push her arm aside. It wasn't violent, but he did physically resist her effort to take the mic. Jim Acosta does not have a "right" to be in the WH. He has a right to write whatever lies the dems tell him to write.
The contact that I saw was an inevitable result of him pulling away. Her hand was on the mic as he pulled away causing him to hit her arm. No doubt he should have shut up and given up the mic, but let's not get it twisted. He did not put his hands on her. I think that is the part where the judge thought his rights to due process were violated. Maybe the act of falsely accusing her of putting his hands on her. Especially if that was the reason initially given. Big mistake. Just point out he has been an asshole too many times and point out how disrespectful he always is.

Reactions: ymmot31
The problem you mention isn't caused by trickle down, trickle down is simply a patch to a larger problem.
The problem is rooted in post WWII America, we were the only major producing nation not affected by war at home. We produced everything for the world. Times were good for a few decades, then the world started catching up.
We had grown acustomed to a lifestyle that was unsustainable. Trickle down was an incentive, Free trade was an incentive. The problem is those 2 have side affects, Free trade is a really quick fix as in the long run it benefits employers to go to where cheap labor is located.
So once those companies leave, how do you get them back to where higher labor is located? Thats where the latest tax cut comes into play.

That doesn't even take into account that we've basically created modern day China to a point they are a threat globally. They are an existential threat to the United States, maybe not right this moment, but it's not far off.

But it doesn't just benefit employers. Yes, we pay offshore resources roughly 25% of what we pay domestic resource (although offshore benefits are much higher than here.) Our loaded cost per FTE in the Philippines is about 40% of what our loaded cost per FTE is in most US delivery centers. We pass those savings on to our customers, though. For one of my major clients, we are charging $5.70 per call domestically. We charge them $2.19 for that same call offshore. We take hundreds of thousands of calls per month for this client. So, that savings keeps their costs down, which in turn keeps their customers costs down.

Additionally, offshore attrition is much lower and work ethic is much better. Attrition costs a lot of money - recruiting costs, training costs, etc ultimately are paid for by the consumer. Like it or not, the economy is a global entity. We can't put that back in the bag.

He did not put his hands on her.

iu

But it doesn't just benefit employers. Yes, we pay offshore resources roughly 25% of what we pay domestic resource (although offshore benefits are much higher than here.) Our loaded cost per FTE in the Philippines is about 40% of what our loaded cost per FTE is in most US delivery centers. We pass those savings on to our customers, though. For one of my major clients, we are charging $5.70 per call domestically. We charge them $2.19 for that same call offshore. We take hundreds of thousands of calls per month for this client. So, that savings keeps their costs down, which in turn keeps their customers costs down.

Additionally, offshore attrition is much lower and work ethic is much better. Attrition costs a lot of money - recruiting costs, training costs, etc ultimately are paid for by the consumer. Like it or not, the economy is a global entity. We can't put that back in the bag.

I know we can't, but we can't incentivize companies to leave either.

I can tell you from experience, and I would bet most people agree, when I hear a foreign voice that can barely speak english, I tune out.

Point taken. It was very quick because you can't really see it very well unless freeze framed. I still think Sander's tweet was a mistake. The contact was not a big deal. His attitude and constant disrespect of the POTUS is a bigger deal to me. Even if you don't respect the man respect the office. Reporters are supposed to ask questions, not accuse the president of being racist with no evidence, lecture him, etc. He is just a really ugly person inside and he has pushed his luck far enough that he has earned a timeout at the very least.

I can tell you from experience, and I would bet most people agree, when I hear a foreign voice that can barely speak english, I tune out.

Offshore call centers have come a long way. The Philippines is the preferred location now, not India, and Filipinos in the metro areas in which we hire speak very fluent English. They essentially sound like Americans with Latino accents. We put all of our agents through accent neutralization training and teach them how the US Healthcare system works.

Also, you can tune them out if you want to, but if you call a customer service number and get an offshore agent, you can call back as many times as you want and you're just going to get a different offshore agent. We handle millions of calls every month with offshore agents, so I guess they aren't being tuned out by everyone.

Last edited:

Actually, our biggest incentives come from going into economically depressed areas and opening shops. That's why so many small towns in Eastern and Central Kentucky have BPOs in them. London, Somerset, Mt. Vernon, Beattyville, Annville, Monticello - we get tax breaks from all of those locations.

Offshore call centers have come a long way. The Philippines is the preferred location now, not India, and Filipinos in the metro areas in which we hire speak very fluent English. They essentially sound like Americans with l
Latino accents. We put all of our agents through accent neutralization training and teach them how the US Healthcare system works.

Also, you can tune them out if you want to, but if you call a customer service number and get an offshore agent, you can call back as many times as you want and you're just going to get a different offshore agent. We handle millions of calls every month with offshore agents, so I guess they aren't being tuned out by everyone.

I'm just telling you how people feel, you get a million calls because there is no other option. If you asked do you want to speak to an American or a Filipino, people would choose the American every time.

Reactions: ymmot31 and KRJ1975
Actually, our biggest incentives come from going into economically depressed areas and opening shops. That's why so many small towns in Eastern and Central Kentucky have BPOs in them. London, Somerset, Mt. Vernon, Beattyville, Annville, Monticello - we get tax breaks from all of those locations.

What are you getting at here ,John?

What are you getting at here ,John?

I think you're under the impression that we go offshore because the government incentivizes us for it. Not true. We go offshore because our customers are constantly demanding cheaper options. Since labor is our largest expense, the best way to offer cheaper options is to find cheaper labor.

He slid his arm down to play defense (definitely made contact) and keep his power of the mic. He bullied her, plain and simple.

If DT put the same maneuver on someone I can only imagine the type of movement that would sprout up.

I saw X Rays posted on Reddit and her arm was shattered at the joint. She will likely never regain use of that arm. And allegedly that is her handy arm - so Acosta has essentially destroyed her sex life as well. He should rot in Gitmo.
In today's #metoo and death-to-all-white-men climate, What Accost(a) did was equivalent to the Taliban burying a woman up to her neck and stoning her to death.

Had that been Sean Hannity at an Obama presser.......shew-f*cking-wee.

Let's not forget, some people wanted Ted Nugent indicted for using a metaphor. Can't imagine a conservative media operative doing that to democrat WH press intern.

And really there was no need for it, no matter how innocuous it may have been. Good rule to live by - don't put your hands on a woman unless you are protecting yourself. In today's climate everything can be misconstrued (unless, I guess, you are a democrat).

Reactions: KRJ1975
I think you're under the impression that we go offshore because the government incentivizes us for it. Not true. We go offshore because our customers are constantly demanding cheaper options. Since labor is our largest expense, the best way to offer cheaper options is to find cheaper labor.

No, thats not what I meant, I guess I should've worded it differently. I meant by removing the barriers of tariffs, it allows Corporations to move plants to third world countries, then turn around and ship the product back with no penalty.

Reactions: KRJ1975
I already know the answer to this so it’s rhetorical but do Democrats really fail to see how similar they are to Communists?

Reactions: JumperJack
A picture of teenagers giving a nazi salute sparked a criminal investigation. Let's not forget that recent gem.

Teens being stupid- Dems outraged
Democrat adults dressing up to harass, beat the shit out of conservatives, block highways and riot= “They’re like WW II soldiers.”

Reactions: Mashburned
Have you watched the video?

I'm just perplexed as to how people can watch the video and claim he didn't touch her.

Exactly. Not only had the POTUS told him his answer was over, he had tried to take questions from other reporters and Acosta wouldn't allow it. Seems to me like Acosta violated those reporters first amendment rights.

Acosta is to blame for his actions and the results. But as we know, the dems don't accept blame, only assign it.

A picture of teenagers giving a nazi salute sparked a criminal investigation. Let's not forget that recent gem.
You talking about those Wisconsin kids? The one where the photographer said he simply asked them to pretend like they were waving goodbye to their parents as they go off to college?

We had one of our resident libs post that picture.

“ORANGE MAN’s AMERIKKKA!!1!1!1!!11!!”

Stupid f*cking assholes. The entire lot of them.

And THAT is the exact thing that is protected by the 1st. They have the right to give a nazi salute if that's what they want to do at the time. I don't understand why anyone living in this country would want to give a nazi salute, but I do understand why they have the right.

"The school district is investigating this situation and is working with parents, staff and local authorities," she said in a statement. "If the gesture is what it appears to be, the district will pursue any and all available and appropriate actions, including legal, to address the issue."

^
This nazi salute picture thing didn't even happen on school grounds. This is weird stuff. Legal action because of gestures in a picture.

Exactly right ymmot. Doesn't apply here, though. Tough crap kids, you can't look like that. We are going to punish you because we don't agree with what you're doing!

Weird and dangerous times.

No, thats not what I meant, I guess I should've worded it differently. I meant by removing the barriers of tariffs, it allows Corporations to move plants to third world countries, then turn around and ship the product back with no penalty.

That makes sense Bill. I'm honestly not super familiar with how manufacturing works with regard to taxes/tariffs. I'm much more versed in the services side of things.

"The school district is investigating this situation and is working with parents, staff and local authorities," she said in a statement. "If the gesture is what it appears to be, the district will pursue any and all available and appropriate actions, including legal, to address the issue."

^
This nazi salute picture thing didn't even happen on school grounds. This is weird stuff. Legal action because of gestures in a picture.

Exactly right ymmot. Doesn't apply here, though. Tough crap kids, you can't look like that. We are going to punish you because we don't agree with what you're doing!

Weird and dangerous times.

And yet it's ok for queers to march half naked in parades in the presence of children.

Still think this Acosta/Trump thing may be a work. A Trump appointed judge sided with Acosta, right? This may be the best angle since Hogan leg dropped Savage at Bash at the Beach.
I thought the Judge arguing Trump didn't give Acosta "due process" was bizarre. The WH isn't a court of law. Its too bad Trump can't rescind that Judge being nominated. Theres always gonna be an idiot in the bunch though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT