POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, I decided to find out what was up. It's not ad blocker, or twitter. It's the browser you're using. I used firefox and tried IE, neither let you see them. I tried Chrome with ad block and without and it shows them both ways.

John are you a yes or no vote today?

Cmoooon......I know you’re a normal.

43476087_1933447323387971_3230206429004562432_n.jpg

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Baby Boomers, I blame your generation. Nothing was “normal” about teaching your kids to think for themselves.

Now my generation is destroyed. Thanks dad.

Baby boomers attacked the notion of respect for your elders. Imagine what it will be like for gen x ers retire. Lots of homeless, medically untreated, left for dead. At least the boomers will get off this rock before the real shat hits the fan

Reactions: warrior-cat
I’m going to say this about Kavanaugh. He better turn out to be the conservative the right has touted him to be. He’s a Washington insider and a Jesuit two strikes against him already. After that brutal battle he bettter be the guy to push Kennedy’s eat to the right. Roe, gay marriage, wedding cakes whatever he bettter be the guy to stand up to that stuff. The fact W was so involved in his confirmation bothers me too. He better be the guy

It’s not w/r/t those hot button social issues that Kavanaugh is a threat to the left. That stuff is for all intents settled law, and the rational ones on the left know that (but still use those issues disingenuously to get the rebble rousers fired up). Where Kavanaugh crediblly threatens the left is towards the dismantling of the “state”, the vast labyrinth of rules and regulations and overreach that has been growing largely unchecked since FDR. It is monolithic, and is now threatened for the first time, really. That’s why they are freaking....

Reactions: ymmot31 and rudd1
I have him on my laptop. It is very difficult to watch and listen to him without throwing the thing across the room. Lies, misrepresentations and dishonesty are his badge of honor. His words are laughable and such a joke. This is who they are
Sound like most liberals on this site.

It’s not w/r/t those hot button social issues that Kavanaugh is a threat to the left. That stuff is for all intents settled law, and the rational ones on the left know that (but still use those issues disingenuously to get the rebble rousers fired up). Where Kavanaugh crediblly threatens the left is towards the dismantling of the “state”, the vast labyrinth of rules and regulations and overreach that has been growing largely unchecked since FDR. It is monolithic, and is now threatened for the first time, really. That’s why they are freaking....

There is no settled law unless Congress has passed a law or it exists explicitly in the constitution. The Supreme Court through out history has consistently overturned “setttled law”. If those social issues are overlooked and this guy is another Souter or Breyer it will be hell to pay from the conservatices toward the Republican Party.

Reactions: blubo
Some personal insight: I'm in a bit of a mixed marriage: wife raised as a liberal in NYC and DC. But she's also the mother of a teen-age son, and a daughter we have raised not to be a victim and to handle herself.

She's now 100 percent committed to voting for Republicans in November - this attack on Kavanaugh and these moronic protesters have totally disgusted her. Especially, she understands this kind of sneak attack could damage her son and she's having none of that.

I think these idiots like Schumer and Feinstein have no idea how foolish this was tactically.

Last edited:
Nice to see Republicans actually come out fighting for once.

They are becoming emboldened by seeing how the big dog rules the pack. Don't fear the press, bark at it and bite it if necessary.

I’m going to say this about Kavanaugh. He better turn out to be the conservative the right has touted him to be. He’s a Washington insider and a Jesuit two strikes against him already. After that brutal battle he bettter be the guy to push Kennedy’s eat to the right. Roe, gay marriage, wedding cakes whatever he bettter be the guy to stand up to that stuff. The fact W was so involved in his confirmation bothers me too. He better be the guy

Roe v Wade will not be overturned. Gay marriage will not be illegal. Forcing someone to bake a cake against their wishes won't hold up.

Well, I decided to find out what was up. It's not ad blocker, or twitter. It's the browser you're using. I used firefox and tried IE, neither let you see them. I tried Chrome with ad block and without and it shows them both ways.
I'm on Chrome and sometimes it takes a few seconds but it usually shows up. I have ad blocker turned on.

Want to know how those liberal protesting nut jobs got in there? Investigate all of the democrat senators and you will get your answer. And some people were angry at Trump wanting to take some people's clearances from them. We should investigate them all and punish the guilty party. Take away all of their senator rights for a predetermined time and then if they do it again, expel them from the senate floor indefinitely. Clean the swamp as you drain it.

Want to know how those liberal protesting nut jobs got in there? Investigate all of the democrat senators and you will get your answer. And some people were angry at Trump wanting to take some people's clearances from them. We should investigate them all and punish the guilty party. Take away all of their senator rights for a predetermined time and then if they do it again, expel them from the senate floor indefinitely. Clean the swamp as you drain it.

No! Let these idiots continue to destroy themselves. So few pay attention to what is going on but when they do we want the left out in their full glory! No moderate (and the majority of the country is moderate) can see this behavior and want to identify with them.

Let the elitist, smug and lunatics continue to have all the exposure they want. This exposure will continue to marginalize these idiots despite the media trying to normalize.

They are becoming emboldened by seeing how the big dog rules the pack. Don't fear the press, bark at it and bite it if necessary.

Roe v Wade will not be overturned. Gay marriage will not be illegal. Forcing someone to bake a cake against their wishes won't hold up.

I'm on Chrome and sometimes it takes a few seconds but it usually shows up. I have ad blocker turned on.

I’m not so sure. If Kavanaugh isn’t a vote to send these things back to the states to decide then you’ll see a major revolt in the Republican Party. Abortion and gay marriage are not federal issues

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT