POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
^ So much for the rules I guess .. Dems say " eff the rules " if they need too.
The whole thing is an absurd shit show. But its also being blown way out of proportion. The emails are 2 guys discussing opinion on racial profiling after 9-11. For Scotus nominations this kind of discussion shouldn't have been held back by the white house for release. Both sides are playing stupid games with his documents because of how far we have taken the politicization of scotus. This just shows that SCOTUS needs to be expanded dramatically so we don't have these national freakouts every time a nomination occurs.

41026155_900175340173033_5831132756813283328_n.jpg

I think the more important reveal is his position on Roe v. Wade not being settled law. Even then though, nothing is settled law. Amendments are the closest thing to that and even prohibition was overturned. Not sure Revealing anything was worth it just yet.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
I think the more important reveal is his position on Roe v. Wade not being settled law. Even then though, nothing is settled law. Amendments are the closest thing to that and even prohibition was overturned. Not sure Revealing anything was worth it just yet.

Did it reveal that's his position?

This just shows that SCOTUS needs to be expanded dramatically so we don't have these national freakouts every time a nomination occurs.

Or shows the opposite. That Scotus is fine where it stands and your party needs to stop treating them as activist to advance your agenda and actually win and the ballot box and govern through congress.

Or shows the opposite. That Scotus is fine where it stands and your party needs to stop treating them as activist to advance your agenda and actually win and the ballot box and govern through congress.

They can't do it at the ballot box or pass it through Congress so they rely on activism from the bench. Dems strategically shop for judges for their bullshit because in the leftist world, the Dem Party dogma outweighs law, the will of the American people, and even sovereignty.

I think the more important reveal is his position on Roe v. Wade not being settled law.

He never said that. He was speaking in general terms. Never once did he say it was "his position". He actually said the opposite during the hearing.

In the email he was reviewing an op-ed. He simply said that he is not sure if all legal scholars consider it settled law which is an absolutely true statement because not all of them do.

Dmaz67zXgAABif_.jpg:large

He never said that. He was speaking in general terms. Never once did he say it was "his position". He simply said that he is not sure if all legal scholars consider it settled law which is an absolutely true statement because not all of them do.

Dmaz67zXgAABif_.jpg:large
That's true, and I don't know exactly why Booker decided to release these emails.

“Unruly whites were seen vandalizing property, damaging well-mown lawns and setting fire to running shoes that had chiefly been worn for purposes other than running,” the Huffington Post article exclaims.

Insert a different race and imagine the inevitable freakout.

Author-
5818dd0317000017005bb0c4.jpg

Julia Craven writes about race for HuffPost. She’s the self-proclaimed worst half of #RunThatBack, a series about black pop culture with Taryn Finley.

Also, HuffPo's cover photo is a protester holding an "Abolish ICE" sign.

That's true, and I don't know exactly why Booker decided to release these emails.
Because they were no longer privileged. At least that's what's being reported and looks to be confirmed. Booker and Mike Lee worked to get these specific documents cleared for release last night. It was a show by Booker. He was bluffing and auditioning for '20. The entire time he knew the documents he was going to release had already been cleared.

You're right, that's not exactly what he said.

"That's not exactly what he said" implies he was in some way talking about his position and you missed a couple details.

In no way did he imply he feels Roe v Wade is not settled.

I just don't want anyone here to get the wrong impression.

Reactions: Kaizer Sosay
. Both sides are playing stupid games with his documents

You're making that up. Reps have handed over more documents on Kavanaugh than the last 4 Scotus nominees combined.

Kagan also worked in the WH and the Clinton WH held back every single one of those documents during her nomination because they were privileged and Reps agreed it was fair because it also had nothing to do with her time on the bench.

Reps didn't act like foaming at the mouth insane loonies and threaten to release them against the rules and dare the other side to expel them. There is no comparison here.

Only shit show is by Dems. Their vote is no regardless. They've already announced it. Why do they need more documents when they already know what their vote is? More documents isn't going to get them to yes. They're only trying to halt the proceedings. For the 73366437737 time join us in reality.

"That's not exactly what he said" implies he was in some way talking about his position and you missed a couple details.

In no way did he imply he feels Roe v Wade is not settled.

I just don't want anyone here to get the wrong impression.
You're right, I just feel that is a slick way to imply your own position. That's speculation on my part. Like when someone writes, "some argue..." on wikipedia.

You're right, I just feel that is a slick way to imply your own position. That's speculation on my part. Like when someone writes, "some argue..." on wikipedia.
But he has said his position is the exact opposite at least 3 times during these proceedings and that's it's settled law. Do you think he's lying?

Btw I thought you were a conservative that only hated Trump and was a never Trumper? You seem hate conservatism and be never conservative.

He was apparently correcting a factual error in an op ed. How is that implying his position?

If you say everyone agrees Roe v Wade is settled, and I say, well no everyone doesn't agree because there are at least 3 SCOTUS Justices who disagree with you, I'm correcting your factual error not giving my position. Lawyers argue shit they don't agree with all day every day.

Take a step away from the lunatic fringe.

This whole thing reminds me of when I was in high school we had the fake government conventions and it was just a complete **** show. People yelling over each other, not taking anything serious and those 1 or 2 teachers in the background just shaking their head wondering what is the point of doing this.

Well this is the real government now doing this. This looks like 2 cliques that are just yelling over each other because they dont want to hear the other person talk, and basically just throwing tantrums.

The Booker thing is one of the most embarrassing intentional things I can remember when it comes to politics. It was so obvious that he did this so he can put this in adds and bring this up in future debates when he makes his run in 2020. It was so obvious that's what the entire stunt was. The crap he released showed absolutely nothing and he knew it showed nothing, but that wasnt the point. When his campaign starts, he is going to be able to say he stood up to Trump and the GOP more than anyone else. It really just seems like its Booker and Harris trying to one up each other. It's embarrassing because its so obvious.

He was apparently correcting a factual error in an op ed. How is that implying his position?

If you say everyone agrees Roe v Wade is settled, and I say, well no everyone doesn't agree because there are at least 3 SCOTUS Justices who disagree with you, I'm correcting your factual error not giving my position. Lawyers argue shit they don't agree with all day every day.

Take a step away from the lunatic fringe.

You're questioning his cult. You can see a lot of similarities in how Muslims behave when you disagree with their cult and when you disagree with the left.

Reactions: cat_chaser

You guys beat me too it. Still that just confirms this was all show for Booker (even though that was blatantly obvious from the start).

This was supposed to be the week of the resistance, its turning into the week of Dems looking stupid and continually shooting themselves in the foot.

Corer Booker knows it doesn't matter. Headlines will continue to imply this was an act of defiance.

And take EastKY as the perfect example.

He thought Kavanaugh was of the opinion that Roe v Wade was not settled law.

When it was pointed out to him that he is 100% incorrect and Kavanaugh has repeatedly said the opposite multiple times over the last few days, he still says he speculates that Kavanaugh actually is of the opinion Roe v Wade is not settled.

Has no evidence, but just wants a reason to not like him so he crafts something out of thin air.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT