POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You mean Catholics who systematically rape thousands upon thousands of children?

I agree. That Lexington priest (or whoever) had the nerve to come out and defend himself and, all the local outlets let him do that. It was fn pathetic. Let s a southern baptist honky not report child rape and see how nice local media is to him. Guarantee their would be a march. We must protect our children from those Baptist rapists!
Yes I do mean those catholics but I also mean people like Roy Moore. The evangelical churches have the very same problem. Check out Phil Robertson's advice to marry girls as young as you can. If you research it you will find out what is not reported all that well.

^^^^

Judge in Manafort case refuses to give out names of the jurors.

Why would the New York Times and Wash Post want/need that info? Are they trying to get someone hurt?

It seems like I get called to serve a month of jury duty every 2 or 3 years.

I’ve only had one trial where I was remotely close to being seated.

I was initially gung-ho about serving. Work was slow. Civic duty and what not.

It was a high profile murder case and the dude lived five miles from me. When they walked him into the courtroom, reality set in.

If I’m on that jury, he will know my face. Eventually our paths would have to cross. I’m not looking over my shoulder forever.

The judge didn’t want anybody on that jury that didn’t want to be there. If anyone had a half ass excuse, he let them go home.

That was all it took for me. I can’t imagine if the media was threatening to hound me.

Regarding this trial, does anyone know if the jury is sequestered?

How in the dark about that CNN motion are they?

If the jury knows, CNN just had a win-win.

They got to intimidate a jury either way.

So now your personal anecdotes with individual members of certain religions trumps empirical, observable data?

Oh, I forgot, you have a lifetime of dealing with people...defending their faith...? I don't know, your assertion is so stupid it's hard to follow what you're actually claiming
Again from what you post and what I know, you are very ignorant of this issue. I certainly do not have to argue with ignorance about my own experience and you sir with all due respect are ignorant of what I know and the data you allude to. Again I have no reason to engage people who insist their biased views are worth my time. I will just tell you straight you do not know as much as you think and I hope that will lead you to listen a bit more and drop the internet warrior act. Have a good day.

We’re finding all kind of Muslim privileges as of late:

Build a terrorist training grounds, sacrifice your son, and instruct children on how to carry out a school shooting: no biggie. No harm no foul (well... other than his son, but it’s his son!)

Rape patients under heavy sedation: at least he didn’t kill her!

Murder and rape are no issue. Arming children and plotting to kill X number of children/people isn’t worthy of punishment. Wonder what privilege we’ll find out they have next?

Yes I do mean those catholics but I also mean people like Roy Moore. The evangelical churches have the very same problem. Check out Phil Robertson's advice to marry girls as young as you can. If you research it you will find out what is not reported all that well.
Phil Robertson is genuine in his faith. He’s not talking about child abuse.

I always get the overwhelming sense that people are trying to say very quietly, "Please shut up and go away, you are disturbing my faith-based comfort zone." What good is any faith if you use it to hide from and deny evil?

2_obama_wright.gif

Again I have no reason to engage people who insist their biased views are worth my time.

:clap:

As for Roy Moore, dude is a creep not worthy of a senate seat but those accusations were from a time that underage dating was more prevalent. As bad as he is I would take a 100 of him over a 100 Bernie's any day. One was shunned and one gets free air time with no challenge any time he wants with ideas very destructive to this country.

Have you ever noticed when a story comes out about a religious leader be it priest, preacher, minister, (it doesn't really matter which because there are many stories of each) has been exposed for molesting children, the lay people of each corresponding church come out defending their church and their faith. Maybe I'm wrong but it does seem to me that if people concerned themselves with protecting the children as much as they rush to defend their beliefs, their church, their pedophiles, their politics,----then their church, their faith wouldn't need so much defending.

I always get the overwhelming sense that people are trying to say very quietly, "Please shut up and go away, you are disturbing my faith-based comfort zone." Then even more children are molested, abused, stolen from their parents trying to protect them. It only follows that if you will not stand up and protect your own you won't care what happens the the children of other people's. I don't think that is in any way the message Jesus was supposedly teaching us. What good is any faith if you use it to hide from and deny evil?
I am for castration for these loons. What are you for?

Levibooty going hard this morning.

Claims he's been diddled by so many priests any statistical data is irrelevant to him and continues to scour the internet for obscure memes and videos.

The very same problem?

Appears you have a problem with downplaying the systematic rape of children.

The white-owned farm seizure in SA is very interesting to me.

If I were a poor black South African I'd be all for it. You could say, "well, it's not fair, they settled that land fair and square (perhaps) generations ago, plus they have the know-how to run a farm". And I'd say, "I don't freaking care - I live in a slum. Besides, we were treated like trash for generations by those guys so eff them."

If I were white South African I'd say, "this is exactly why we had apartheid."

Bottom line: I don't see this working out well for anybody. I think you'll see a huge shift in property from whites to blacks - but not to the level of Zimbabwe, decreased farm output (again, not as bad as Zimbabwe), and continued turmoil until it comes to a balanced point of where white people hold around 25% of the land.

Seems to me like this jury is taking a while in the Manafort case. What's the average time a jury spends deliberating?

The white-owned farm seizure in SA is very interesting to me.

If I were a poor black South African I'd be all for it. You could say, "well, it's not fair, they settled that land fair and square (perhaps) generations ago, plus they have the know-how to run a farm". And I'd say, "I don't freaking care - I live in a slum. Besides, we were treated like trash for generations by those guys so eff them."

If I were white South African I'd say, "this is exactly why we had apartheid."

Bottom line: I don't see this working out well for anybody. I think you'll see a huge shift in property from whites to blacks - but not to the level of Zimbabwe, decreased farm output (again, not as bad as Zimbabwe), and continued turmoil until it comes to a balanced point of where white people hold around 25% of the land.

I visited S.A. two years ago and had a great guide. He was white and had been an officer in the military. When the government change happened he and most of the other white officers were "retired" from the military. He explained that it was the British that set up the old system and basically put non-whites on their version of reservations. He said that now basically anyone can make a claim to farmlands and the farmers have to buy them off or risk losing the land in court. Also anyone can squat on your land and if you don't get them off in a few days then it takes years to do so through the courts. The only lands that are safe are in and around Cape Town. That is because those lands were populated by tribes that 100% died off when it was colonized. My guide and his family were in the process of trying to immigrate to Australia. He said that the writing was on the wall for another Rhodesia/Zimbabwe to happen in S.A. and tens of thousands of people want out.

Why is it ok for Amazon to shutdown local businesses, all the while Amazon isn't opening a store in the those towns. Yet Walmart is demonized for doing the same, but they do have stores in the towns?

I'm not defending Walmart, not a big fan, but it's ridiculous to promote Amazon in one breath, and shame Walmart in the next. That doesn't even take into account Amazon silencing views they don't agree with.
Great points, Bill. There's more. According to Bloomberg,

Amazon Isn’t Paying Its Electric Bills. You Might Be.

The company’s rate discounts have pushed up utility costs for everyone else.

eek.gif

Seems to me like this jury is taking a while in the Manafort case. What's the average time a jury spends deliberating?

Depends. Traditional thought is the longer the deliberation the more likely a conviction.

I don't prescribe to that. And that has nothing to do with this case. Just the common theory

I visited S.A. two years ago and had a great guide. He was white and had been an officer in the military. When the government change happened he and most of the other white officers were "retired" from the military. He explained that it was the British that set up the old system and basically put non-whites on their version of reservations. He said that now basically anyone can make a claim to farmlands and the farmers have to buy them off or risk losing the land in court. Also anyone can squat on your land and if you don't get them off in a few days then it takes years to do so through the courts. The only lands that are safe are in and around Cape Town. That is because those lands were populated by tribes that 100% died off when it was colonized. My guide and his family were in the process of trying to immigrate to Australia. He said that the writing was on the wall for another Rhodesia/Zimbabwe to happen in S.A. and tens of thousands of people want out.
I served in the US Army with a white guy from South Africa, and met his parents while stationed in Germany. They could not immigrate to the USA quickly enough during the late 60s. I can only imagine all the crap going on over there now. It's only going to worsen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT