POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not only that, but since she (Omarosa) is black, and Trump is countering and 'attacking' her, the press corp is tying themselves in knots trying to twist it and somehow imply that it's a racial thing, and that Trump is only 'attacking' her because of the color of her skin.

Not only that, but since she (Omarosa) is black, and Trump is countering and 'attacking' her, the press corp is tying themselves in knots trying to twist it and somehow imply that it's a racial thing, and that Trump is only 'attacking' her because of the color of her skin.

Headline: "That dog" is Trump's latest insult aimed at Black people

From the article - other Trump "dogs": Ted Cruz and Ariana Huffington

Mr. Trump has deployed the “dog” insult previously, in one case saying his onetime political rival Ted Cruz “lies like a dog” and, in another, calling Arianna Huffington, co-founder of HuffPost, a “dog.”

:joy:

"free health care" is a common alternative description for universal health care, in that it is free to the consumer at "point of purchase" (i.e. the hospital). You claimed health care is a human right. If that is the case, then you have to be arguing for a system similar to this (which you are, you're arguing for universal health care provided by the government). How could a human right cost money? These are the types of questions you haven't shown the capacity to understand, let alone answer.

You really are making a fool of yourself by continuing to use "rights" the way you are. Literally everyone else in this thread understands that a "right" is not a "good thing" or a statute and that it has a specific meaning. You're the only one who can understand this concept.
I guess "alternative description" = "alternative facts" in your world. Regardless if you thought my original intent was to insinuate that I wanted "free healthcare" or not, I think I made it very clear that under no circumstances have I ever considered it free. Yet you want to continue your word games.

I once belonged to a HMO where most services were "free" given your definition. I never saw them as free as I'm not a moron and understood that deduction that appeared on my paycheck was paying for the service.

Are public schools free or do we pay for them through our taxes, property tax and others?
Are public parks free or do we pay for them through our payment of taxes?
Are the roads free to use?
Is police and fire protection free or do we pay for it through our payment of taxes?

All rights be they constitutional or otherwise have a cost, be it direct or indirect. Nothing in life is free.

You've yet to answer a single question I've put forth. Am I to take it that you have neither the capacity to understand or ability to answer?

You can apply the noun of your choosing to describe those services that a nation decides are "right and proper" to provide to its citizenry. You sir are the one making a fool of yourself.

Here's the headline to a Maggie Haberman NYT piece about Omarosa. This is what most will see and read, especially those on Twitter since tweets only show the headline.

But, if you actually read the story, buried eight paragraphs down they give a small, four sentence reference to the truth in a 30 paragraph article...

Frank Luntz, the veteran Republican pollster who Ms. Manigault Newman says was believed to have told people he heard Mr. Trump utter the epithet, posted on Twitter to deny that had happened and to point out that he had not been contacted by the author.
This is another perfect example of how dishonest and fake the media is. They highlight the negative and damaging stuff regardless of it being true or not. They have no problem reporting lies and slander as long as they're negative for Trump.

This is an article that should have never been written. There's zero proof to back up Omarosa's claim and her only source, who has much more credibility than her, flat out denies it to the point of claiming he was never even contacted and asked about it.

Even if this article had to be written because it was the news of the day, then it should've been framed entirely differently.

Here's the headline to a Maggie Haberman NYT piece about Omarosa. This is what most will see and read, especially those on Twitter since tweets only show the headline.

But, if you actually read the story, buried eight paragraphs down they give a small, four sentence reference to the truth in a 30 paragraph article...

Frank Luntz, the veteran Republican pollster who Ms. Manigault Newman says was believed to have told people he heard Mr. Trump utter the epithet, posted on Twitter to deny that had happened and to point out that he had not been contacted by the author.
This is another perfect example of how dishonest and fake the media is. They highlight the negative and damaging stuff regardless of it being true or not. They have no problem reporting lies and slander as long as they're negative for Trump.

This is an article that should have never been written. There's zero proof to back up Omarosa's claim and her only source, who has much more credibility than her, flat out denies it to the point of claiming he was never even contacted and asked about it.

Even if this article had to be written because it was the news of the day, then it should've been framed entirely differently.
Haha, the "fake media" has been pretty clear in pointing out Omorosa's hypocrisies... in things she has said then and now. But none of that will matter if she can produce the tape she now says she has heard. She previously stated she had only been told accounts of it happening.
She is right in that had she not recorded things, nobody would believe her.

Regardless of all of this, Trump brought this upon himself by putting her on his team in such a high position. Even his advisers told him it was a bad idea. But he only hires the best people. LMAO!

Still waiting on dems to explain how tax cuts were bad and the govt knows how to spend my money better than me. They're really gonna start ramping up the hysteria..too bad for them ppl with a brain dont believe their antics

Let me get this straight: It was a big deal when at a Trump rally people yelled "CNN sucks!" when Jim Acosta appeared, but he wasn't touched in anger & people took selfies with him. Right?

Yet, "A journalist was assaulted by a soon-to-be congresswoman while asking her questions at a political rally for U.S. Congressional candidate Ilhan Omar in Minnesota on Saturday." And we hear nothing about it, right?
Why is that?

Note that the to be Congresswoman was a lefty, a Muslim. The reporter was female & a Jewess. I'd think the MSM would be up in arms that a press member was assaulted, particularly one from a minority group, but dang if I can find.

"Rashida Tlaib, a Palestinian Muslim who won her primary in Michigan’s 13th Congressional District on Tuesday, forcefully grabbed Jewish journalist Laura Loomer and stole her phone when Loomer approached her to ask questions...."

"During the assault and ensuing skirmish, Tlaib was pulled away from Loomer by Omar, whom Loomer has investigated in the past for violations of Minnesota House ethics rules and allegedly marrying her brother [roll] for fraudulent immigration purposes."

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/pales...ssaults-jewish-journalist-at-political-event/

Haha, the "fake media" has been pretty clear in pointing out Omorosa's hypocrisies

You obviously didn't read the linked NYT article. Thanks for proving my point.

By the way, lies and slander aren't "hypocrisies". For days the fake media has given her a platform to repeat her lies/slander - most of which are being denied by her own supposed sources - without challenge.

But none of that will matter if she can produce the tape she now says she has heard.

You're putting an awful lot of faith into Omarosa and a tape that possibly doesn't exist. It still won't change the fact that most of her claims are false and 99% of her book is made up.

She previously stated she had only been told accounts of it happening.

And everyone who supposedly 'told' her has denied it.

She is right in that had she not recorded things, nobody would believe her.

So far, none of what she recorded has backed up anything she's claimed, so her recordings aren't helping her any because still nobody believes her. Except maybe those in the media pushing an agenda, and I'm pretty sure they don't believe her either, just using her to further their narrative.

Headline: "That dog" is Trump's latest insult aimed at Black people

From the article - other Trump "dogs": Ted Cruz and Ariana Huffington

Mr. Trump has deployed the “dog” insult previously, in one case saying his onetime political rival Ted Cruz “lies like a dog” and, in another, calling Arianna Huffington, co-founder of HuffPost, a “dog.”

:joy:

Headline...

DklhoNbW0AAvQi_.jpg

From the article (paragraphs 12 and 13, the only two mentions of "plea deal" in the entire article)...

DklhqGQXcAElAUl.jpg

Reactions: DidneyWorl
America’s Newspapers Just Played Right Into Trump’s Hands

Nothing flatters an independent journalist less than the sight of him forming a line to drink from the same fountain as his colleagues. Such a spectacle will unfold on Thursday, August 16, as 200 or more editorial pages will heed the call sounded by Boston Globe op-ed page editor Marjorie Pritchard to run editorials opposing President Donald Trump’s unrelieved press-bashing. Participating dailies include the Houston Chronicle, the Minneapolis Star Tribune, Miami Herald, the Denver Post, as well as the Globe. Joining the movement are the American Society of News Editor and the New England Newspaper and Press Association. Dan Rather is on board as is the Radio Television Digital News Association.

“Our words will differ. But at least we can agree that such attacks are alarming,” Pritchard’s appeal declared.

Most journalists agree that there’s a great need for Trump rebuttals. I’ve written my share. But this Globe-sponsored coordinated editorial response is sure to backfire: It will provide Trump with the circumstantial evidence of the existence of a national press cabal that has been convened solely to opposes him. When the editorials roll off the press on Thursday, all singing from the same script, Trump will reap enough fresh material to whale on the media for at least a month. His forthcoming speeches almost write themselves: By colluding against me, the fake media proved once and for all, that they are in cahoots with the Democrats and have declared themselves to be my true political opposition …

The Globe’s anti-Trump project is also an exercise in redundancy, not to mention self-stroking. Most newspapers have already published a multitude of editorials and columns rebuking the president for his trash-talking of the press. Most major editorial boards opposed Trump’s candidacy, according to this tally by Business Insider. The largest of the 19 newspapers to endorse Trump was the Las Vegas Review-Journal, owned by one of his faithful donors, Sheldon Adelson. More than 240 endorsed Hillary Clinton. Editorial-page sentiment against Trump remains largely unchanged since the election, making the call for a collective reprimand all the more pointless.

Most newspaper editorials are already a watered-down product of groupthink. It’s unlikely that expanding the size of the group and encouraging everybody to bake and serve a tuna-fish casserole on the same day will produce editorials that are more interesting and persuasive than the normal fare.

But maybe I’m wrong. If a single day of pro-press editorials is a good idea for a collective assignment, then maybe newspapers should set aside next Saturday for 200 editorials on tariffs and next Sunday for 200 editorials on global warming and next Monday for 200 editorials on Afghanistan. Surely these issues are as compelling and urgent as press freedom.

For all its faults, the American press refuses the commands from critics who would have it operate like some monolithic entity. Almost daily, our best newspapers express their independence by rejecting the marching orders issued by corporations, politicians and governments. Editorial pages of America, don’t unite! Think for yourselves! Reject this stupid pro-press assignment!

More on Omarosa and her claims of NBC Apprentice tapes.

How many times does it have to occur before people realize blacks will claim someone said the N word as a "get out of jail free" card and excuse anything they do and paint the other one as the "bad guy?"

I've seen this a thousand times. A few that come to mind.

UNC's N'Diaye claiming that Utah player called him the n word during the Final Four. He lied about it.

Marcus Smart attacked a guy in the stands. Then claimed he said the n word. False.

Albany bus hoax.

Little boy in Tennessee who was bullied and had his video went viral was then ran into the ground by blacks claiming he was calling black kids 'n word.' False.

Guy who threw a drink in the face of the Trump supporter teenager was excused because a guy claimed the kids were saying the N word and wanting to purge them. False.

They will make this claim at the drop of a hat because the accusation has been weaponized.

Trump is from NYC. He's not racist. lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT