Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[laughing]

Screen-Shot-2018-08-09-at-3.25.23-PM.png

Reactions: WKBlu

If you’re a politician with “D” at the end of your name, it grants you certain privileges from an all too friendly press. They go easy on you in interviews, give you the benefit of the doubt, and if you’re ever charged or convicted of a serious crime, they’ll mostly ignore it. This double standard was on full display Wednesday when New York GOP Congressman Chris Collins was arrested for alleged insider trading.

In all on Wednesday night, the liberal broadcast networks of ABC, CBS, and NBC dedicated a combined 7 minutes and 26 seconds on Collins’s arrest. ABC’s World News Tonight spent the most time with two minutes, 50 seconds. CBS Evening News came in second with a total of two minutes and 37 seconds, while NBC Nightly News brought up the rear with one minute and 59 seconds.

The accusations against Collins were serious and deserved to be covered fully. But this coverage exposed a blatant double standard by the liberal networks. On two notable occasions, the three major broadcast networks had either downplayed charges of corruption against Democrats or ignored the legal proceedings altogether.

In the summer of 2016, Florida Democratic Congresswoman Corrine Brown was indicted on 24 federal charges in connection to a “fraudulent education charity” she was running. At the time, the networks ignored it. And in May of 2017, when she was finally convicted on those charges, the three networks were also nowhere to be seen. The networks were also out to lunch when she was sentenced to five years in prison.

So, let’s recap: The liberal networks spent over seven minutes on just the arrest of a Republican House member, but spent zero time on the indictment through the sentencing of a Democrat. What a blatant double standard. But of course, they all made sure to note that Collins was one of the first members of Congress to endorse President Trump in the presidential election.

In another similar instance, the networks downplayed the July 2015 indictment of Pennsylvania Congressman Chaka Fattah (D) on racketeering and conspiracy charges linked to the misuse of campaign funds and federal grant money. CBS Evening News gave it a scant 22 seconds. NBC Nightly News gave it 30 seconds and had to mention that Fattah was married to a news anchor at the local NBC affiliate in Philadelphia, NBC 10. When Fattah was convicted in the summer of 2016, those networks didn’t say a word.

“In fact, the networks barely covered the entire year-and-a-half from the indictment to the conviction and sentencing of Chaka Fattah (July 2015 to December 2016). CBS and NBC morning and evening news shows only managed to mention the scandal for just over a minute (68 seconds) combined,” stated the Media Research Center’s Mike Ciandella at the time. “Meanwhile, ABC morning and evening news never gave the ordeal any coverage. Fattah, who had been in Congress for 21 years, was convicted on federal corruption charges.”

One more recap: The network with the least coverage of Collins’ arrest was NBC with one minute, 59 seconds (for one evening). NBC and CBS combined had just over a minute of Fattah coverage over the course of a year and a half. Meanwhile, ABC had nothing on Fattah and the most on Collins (nearly three minutes).

Here's "Jennifer", the author. CNN is #FAKENEWS and the enemy of the people.

My goodness, you should google some of her other stuff. It’s nothing but white bashing. That’s it.

Another gem “Are we raising racists?”

Trayvon Martin, the Legacy of Lynching, and the Role of White Women

Book titles
“Whiteness and morality: Pursuing racial justice through reparations and sovereignty.”

“Dear white Christians”
“How to raise white kids.”
“Disrupting white supremacy from within.”

Oh, and you guessed it, she’s a professor, a religious studies professor and a lesbian.

Last edited:
You mean the conservative Twitter feeds that haven't been shut down yet? Chill out my ass. Your side is shutting down free speech and trying to control the narrative. And it's only going to get worse. The left will push this country to the breaking point, and I don't think they fully realize the ramifications.

I hope you sleep well in your tinfoil hat. Seems like it would disturb your sleep. But whatever helps you rest your head at night.

They're patriots not impatient spineless doomsdayers. They're willing to ride it out even if hits them negatively for the sake of America. They're just as tired of the US being kicked around as Trump is. Only cowards are ready to give up and allow China to continue to rape us because of some bad press or collateral damage.

If Trump manages to create tariff free trade it'll not only be his greatest accomplishment but one of the greatest accomplishments of all time and everyone will benefit. It could possibly change the world and will be well worth it in the end.

https://www.axios.com/business-owne...de-b2a9d5de-3d0c-4111-a5ca-25de670316bb.html?

Poll: 71% of business owners want more China tariffs

A majority of business owners, including small business owners, surveyed in a new poll support additional tariffs on China, Mexico, Europe and Canada, although most expect negative effects on the economy if there's a trade war, according to new UBS polling provided exclusively to Axios.
My post from last week. First business owners now farmers. They are sticking with Trump. They know what he's doing is best for the country. They know he's trying to level the playing field to help them. He has their support and gaining more. They want unfair trade fixed as bad as he does.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/08/tru...val-among-rural-base-in-farm-states-poll.html

Trump's approval rating remains high among his rural base, even as the trade war rages, poll shows

• Trump's rural approval rating is rising or staying the same in key farm states, according to a poll by Morning Consult provided exclusively to CNBC.
  • Farmers are absorbing business shocks, but they're still supporting Trump's agenda
As farmers figure out how to absorb the shocks of global trade disputes, they're not taking out their frustration on President Donald Trump. Since May, Trump's approval rating among rural voters has remained intact or improved, according to Morning Consult polling data exclusive to CNBC.

Voters in states feeling the squeeze of the trade war still think highly of Trump. Brent Bible, managing partner of Indiana's Stillwater Farms, said farmers in his community have compartmentalized a fear for their business versus their overall support for the platform carried out by Trump.

The overall support provides something of a safety net for Trump's "America First" agenda, as he studies brazen new tariff packages and plays hardball with trading partners.

Mike Beard runs Meadowlane Farms, a 2,000-acre property where he farms soybeans and corn and raises pigs in Frankfort, Indiana. He estimates he has already lost $15,000 this year due to the drop in corn prices.

"The recovery for a $15,000 loss means that I won't buy one piece of equipment this year," Beard said. Despite the market impact, "I don't believe it's shaken my support [for Trump]. I supported the need for the change in how we do business with other countries."

Eric Nelson, who grows grain and soybeans, raises cattle and sells seed in Moville, Iowa, said farmers may have to change their crop mix based on price outlook, but they won't be changing their political allegiances.

"Sure it's worrisome for all of us; our livelihood depends on it," Nelson said of the uncertainty of the trade negotiations. "But to say that all trade has been great the last 20 years, the facts would belie that."

Approval for Trump has strengthened among rural voters in Iowa, Morning Consult survey data show, despite the slump in the price of soybeans, of which Iowa produces the most in the country. From January to May, 48 percent of self-identified rural voters approved of the job Trump was doing, which improved to 50 percent and 51 percent in June and July, respectively, as the trade war heated up.

Indiana displayed a similar trend. Some 56 percent of rural voters approved of Trump between January and May; on July 22, that number stood at 60 percent.

Of the 19 agriculture-heavy states surveyed by Morning Consult for CNBC, 11 showed Trump's approval rating rising during the sample period of Jan. 1 through July 22. In seven states, it remained stagnant. And in one, Idaho, it showed support eroding from 64 percent to 59 percent.

The sample size included 197,923 self-identified rural voters. The margin of error for the national survey was plus or minus 1 percentage point, but it varies by state.

Individual voters may speak out about trade at town halls and social media, but they are giving the White House time.

"I'm a firm believer that, if you're in a bad deal with a trading partner, you owe it to yourself to step up and try to make it better for both parties," said Nelson, the Iowa farmer. "I think that is what this administration is attempting to do."

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Brown,white, black. If any liberal tries taking my guns I'll kill'em all. I'd like to see those commies try it. I cannot wait. I have a lot of bullets just waiting for a liberal attempt.
Liberals themselves won’t try it, they will get the government(somebody besides them) to do it.

The handwritten notes exposing what Fusion GPS told DOJ about Trump

A memory stick quietly exchanged in a coffee shop.

An admission of a “Hail Mary” leak.

An unmistakable effort to push the Russia investigation closer to Donald Trump’s inner circle with uncorroborated tales.

Those are just some of the highlights from the day that Fusion GPS founder Glenn Simpson — paid by Hillary Clinton’s campaign to find dirt on her GOP rival — met secretly with a top Justice Department official, right after Trump won the 2016 election.

And all of it was captured in the official’s handwritten notes — a contemporaneous record that intelligence professionals tell me exposes the flaws plaguing the early Russia collusion case.

Simpson admitted in sworn testimony last year to the House Intelligence Committee that he had contact with Ohr after Trump’s election victory. But Ohr’s notes provide the first detailed public account of what the two men actually discussed.

One notation that stands out is Simpson’s account that he asked Steele to talk with Mother Jones reporter David Corn about their muckraking on Trump and Russia in the final days of the election. At the time, Steele still worked as an FBI source.

Corn’s Oct. 31, 2016, story was one of the most definitive to allege possible ties between the Trump campaign and Moscow, creating an important talking point for Democrats in the final days of the campaign.

“Glen asked Chris to speak to the Mother Jones reporter. It was Glen’s Hail Mary attempt,” Ohr wrote.

Ohr made clear he took possession of some evidence from Simpson, writing: “Glen gave me a memory stick.”

Two days after Ohr's meeting with Simpson, the senior DOJ official met with the FBI and submitted to an interview about what he had learned.

I shared the Ohr notes I obtained to career intelligence professionals with scores of years of experience analyzing data, sorting the reliable from the garbage.

All had the same reaction: The information, on face value, has the lowest level of credibility. It was second- or third-hand, they noted, and couched with lots of caveats like “may,” “possibly,” and “others disagree.”

The alleged Simpson statement that he went to the media as a “Hail Mary” stood out to those professionals as an act of desperation that they would see as weighing against the motives of an intelligence source.

A couple of the experts flagged that most of what Simpson allegedly told Ohr was not from Moscow — where the alleged plot was supposed to be based — but from a reported Russian in the United States who later seemed to disappear, according to Ohr’s notes.

“First thing I’m wondering is whether that Russian was part of a ‘kompromat' operation to further roil the U.S. election rather than a whistleblower,” one of the experts opined.

And all wondered why a Justice official — Ohr — who was not in the chain of command in the Russia counterintelligence probe, and whose wife worked for Fusion GPS on the Trump project, interviewed Simpson at all.

The Ohr interview and many other now-public actions in the Russia collusion case are “breaking every protocol at the fundamental level of intelligence gathering,” one highly decorated intelligence professional told me.

Whatever their assessment, Congress has a wide, new mandate to investigate the Simpson-Ohr-Steele contacts with renewed vigor and lots of questions that did not exist just a few short weeks ago: What was on the memory stick? What did Ohr do with the information? Did the FBI rely on it for future court actions? Did the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) court that approved surveillance warrants know Ohr was getting information from the Simpson-Steele operation after Steele had been dismissed?

Those answers could make for a long, politically hot autumn in Washington.

Last edited:
When will people realize these losers say these insane things because they know it will get them some attention that they will turn into profit?? Just ignore their nonsense because losers like Moore whose only power is to get fatter is just using people's emotions to make themselves richer just like most of the losers in Congress on both sides of the aisle have been doing for decades.

Not a headline from The Onion or Scrapple Face. Happy to see this, however.

Hollywood's Walk of Fame vandalized with dozens of Donald Trump stars.

9e37df6dd546ea860b1ddf6ee5eadff7

Maaaaaaaan......."they" are gonna absolutely ruin whoever did this. I mean, they are gonna threaten him and his family, do everything possible to get him fired/ruin his business, and will no doubt prosecute to the fullest extend of the law (while the dude who destroyed it will have charges dropped - may even back pay him for completing the job).

https://www.wsj.com/articles/judge-orders-return-of-two-deported-asylum-seekers-to-u-s-1533853702

The quote by the woman from the ACLU that we are putting these women in danger by sending them back to their culture is typical liberal thought. There is no thought given whatsoever to the fact that allowing this culture in puts Americans in danger. The safety of Americans should come before the safety of third world Democratic voters that leave votes lying around.
It is loud liberal advocacy that has driven the surge up which continues even with the harsher stance by border control. They are endangering women and children, straining our border resources, and causing the need to hire more personnel. All for the goal of future votes/power.

Is there no moment in life or story in the news that the left doesn’t use for some racial commentary?

"What also isn’t rare? The overwhelming national attention Tibbetts’ case is receiving compared to that of other missing women — particularly women of color. Research has shown that missing white children and women receive vastly more media attention than missing people of color, something we are continually seeing play out on mainstream American news programs.

Sadly, Tibbetts' disappearance is all too similar to cases of several Black women college students and other women of color who have been missing for years, but whose cases have only received a blip of media attention, especially not from national outlets."

Leftist media outlet thinks racism involved because other leftist networks won't cover the story as much. lol

Is that lost on them? Which political ideology do they think makes up over 90 percent of our media?

When will people realize these losers say these insane things because they know it will get them some attention that they will turn into profit?? Just ignore their nonsense because losers like Moore whose only power is to get fatter is just using people's emotions to make themselves richer just like most of the losers in Congress on both sides of the aisle have been doing for decades.

Asking the media not to report what Michael Moore says about Donald Trump, is like asking that 600-lb man not to have dessert.

You want me to read something, post it here. Don't expect me to read your links & figure out whatever point you're trying to make.

I'm waiting for you to get off your a$$.
Amazon topped LinkedIn’s list of America’s 50 best places to work, according to a list released Wednesday that also included disruptors like Uber, Airbnb, Alphabet, Facebook and Salesforce.

• The list also includes Apple (number six), French fashion conglomerates LVMH (19) and Kering (38) as well as Nike (35) and Starbucks (46). Companies with some retail operations, like Disney, Dell, Verizon, Tesla and WeWork, also made the list.
  • The list, which was formulated based on billions of actions taken by LinkedIn members (but didn’t include LinkedIn itself or owner Microsoft), focused on four main pillars: interest in the company, engagement with the company’s employees, job demand and employee retention, according to a blog post from LinkedIn Editor in Chief Daniel Roth.

Had a couple friends work at Amazon - said it was going downhill fast...both left and took paycuts to get out. Said promotion from within was non-existent at the back end of their time there.

Had a couple friends work at Amazon - said it was going downhill fast...both left and took paycuts to get out. Said promotion from within was non-existent at the back end of their time there.

What would they know. Certainly not more than a bunch of random assholes that don't work there searching jobs on LinkedIn. I'm with fuzz on this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT