POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You’re right about that, I’m not a race baiting prick.
You don’t realize it, or maybe you do, but you’re strengthening actual racists by calling everyone you disagree with racist.

You know why nothing can get done to help prevent the shootings in Chicago? Because only one party can bring ideas. If Republicans or Trump bring up ideas they get drowned out with racist accusations. So people continue to die.

Chicago...the go to for acting like you actually give a shit. What, master of sociological ideas and concepts, is your solution? Trump’s solution? Any Republican?

If by calling out a racist, which once again I didn’t do, strengthens racists, that says more about them, does it not?

Here’s a great question, though. For all you kind hearted Republicans: are you upset we paid reparations to Japanese Americans? Should we have not done that?

Are you satisfied with Japan's efforts to compensate our POWs who were used as slave labor and often worked to death or even used as guinea pigs for biological weapons? Very few Japanese were ever tried for war crimes.

Canadian-POWs.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: blubo
When Obama took office the Dow Jones was 7900, on his Election Day it was 9000.
On Trumps Election Day it was 18332, and 19700 on his inauguration.
Almost 20% of the markets gain under Obama was due to Trumps election. The market gained as much in 2 months as it had in the prior 2 years.

Furthermore, the market reached 14000 under Bush, so most of Obama’s market “growth” wasn’t actual growth, but simply recovering lost market. So 33% of actual market growth Uber Obama was after Trumps election.
you gonna get a real spicy meme for this rambling data

That is just not true. Were whites subjected to slavery, Jim Crow, discriminatory housing, etc? Do you deny that happened?

Sure, escaping poverty is difficult for anyone, regardless of race. But it was much more difficult when an entire system was geared towards keeping you in poverty.

To say that has no lasting effect is simply ignoring realities such as The Black Codes, Homestead Acts, redlining, etc.
I'm not denying any of that, and what I said is absolutely true. Y'all just keep proving how racist you are by acting as if your racist statements are not racist. You are a racist. Just own up to it.

I missed all of that and I'm not searching through this cesspool to find it. How about the Cliff's notes version of why you want to limit the amount of my hard earned money that I can pass down to my kids???
The discussion was about inheritance taxes and of course how evil they are. The fact that less than one half of one percent of people pay inheritance taxes seems to get lost.

Wealth is power and I'm not sure that generational wealth is any better than generational poverty...except if you're maybe on the receiving end. What is wrong with your children making their own way just as the other 99.7% of kids have to do. $5 or $10 million isn't a trivial amount, especially when added upon the other years of gifting the parents most likely did. With the least bit of responsibility they are set for life and in a position to do the same for their kids.

Chicago...the go to for acting like you actually give a shit. What, master of sociological ideas and concepts, is your solution? Trump’s solution? Any Republican?

If by calling out a racist, which once again I didn’t do, strengthens racists, that says more about them, does it not?

You don’t get it, it’s when you call EVERYONE that disagrees with you a racist, you dilute the actual meaning of the term.

The children’s story “ the boy that cried wolf” comes to mind.

Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
Liberal Hollywood actresses (Milano and Messing) losing their minds over Ohio special election. Claiming Russian interference and crying about the green party.

"You know what sucks? Because of our unwillingness to pass policy that protects our election integrity, I immediately think the Green Party votes tonight are Russian meddling.

Why else would anyone cast a protest vote in Ohio when there’s so much at stake?#OH12"

— Alyssa Milano (@Alyssa_Milano) August 8, 2018

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...g-in-ohio-special-congressional-election.html

There is massive spending each year allocated by various parts of federal govt (and other govt) targeting assistance to african americans for education, housing, and many other areas. Every year.

Reactions: CrittendenWildcat

You do it automatically, and don’t even realize it. We do give a shit about Chicago, it’s a GD shame that US citizens in a major US city live in fear, and no one does a thing except place blame in the past. We can’t change what Black people went through, no one can. Only thing we can do is change from here on out, and whatever Chicago has been doing, ain’t working.
First thing to do is get law and order back in place, keep people safe. It that means placing cops on foot on every block so be it, if cops don’t have the manpower, put national guard in place. That’s the easy part.

The hard part is come to grips that welfare, at least as we have implemented it has failed certain segments of the population. The family group has broken down, boys and girls need a father figure in their life. The US govt in its attempt to help, has eroded this.

The last part is jobs, companies are simply not going to move good jobs in areas of high crime, it will not happen. There must be a push to incentivize this to occur.

We have a President that would listen and try to help in anyway possible, the Dems just need to realize it. Unfortunately they’re afraid it’ll erode their base I fear.

Liberal Hollywood actresses losing their minds over Ohio special election. Claiming Russian interference and crying about the green party. Who's the Boss, Alyssa and Debra Messing?

You know what sucks? Because of our unwillingness to pass policy that protects our election integrity, I immediately think the Green Party votes tonight are Russian meddling.

Why else would anyone cast a protest vote in Ohio when there’s so much at stake?#OH12

— Alyssa Milano (@Alyssa_Milano) August 8, 2018

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...g-in-ohio-special-congressional-election.html
If I was Green Party, voting my heart and conscience, I'd be telling all these Hollywood hens to shove their glib opinions right up their @sses about now.

The discussion was about inheritance taxes and of course how evil they are. The fact that less than one half of one percent of people pay inheritance taxes seems to get lost.

Wealth is power and I'm not sure that generational wealth is any better than generational poverty...except if you're maybe on the receiving end. What is wrong with your children making their own way just as the other 99.7% of kids have to do. $5 or $10 million isn't a trivial amount, especially when added upon the other years of gifting the parents most likely did. With the least bit of responsibility they are set for life and in a position to do the same for their kids.
This is not a slippery slope, it is a gd cliff of stupidity and reckless push of govt seizure.

You do it automatically, and don’t even realize it. We do give a shit about Chicago, it’s a GD shame that US citizens in a major US city live in fear, and no one does a thing except place blame in the past. We can’t change what Black people went through, no one can. Only thing we can do is change from here on out, and whatever Chicago has been doing, ain’t working.
First thing to do is get law and order back in place, keep people safe. It that means placing cops on foot on every block so be it, if cops don’t have the manpower, put national guard in place. That’s the easy part.

The hard part is come to grips that welfare, at least as we have implemented it has failed certain segments of the population. The family group has broken down, boys and girls need a father figure in their life. The US govt in its attempt to help, has eroded this.

The last part is jobs, companies are simply not going to move good jobs in areas of high crime, it will not happen. There must be a push to incentivize this to occur.

We have a President that would listen and try to help in anyway possible, the Dems just need to realize it. Unfortunately they’re afraid it’ll erode their base I fear.
So, you think welfare is the mai cause, it at least what comes to mind first, of the violence?

So, you think welfare is the mai cause, it at least what comes to mind first, of the violence?

No, I thinks it’s simply one of the factors.
Drugs are another, but drug use is multiplied by hopelessness.

There’s multiple factors, the problem is we aren’t capable of talking about them. The people that live there need to take control of their situation too.

just in case you were wondering, I know you’re not, my main concerns would be:

Eliminate the War on Drugs
Legalize drugs and treat it as the mental health issue it is
Legalize and heavily regulate prostitution
Eliminate mandatory minimums
Shut down all for profit prisons
Universal healthcare
Raise minimum wage
Increase taxes on the super wealthy and close loop holes
Reasonable student loan nd tuition rates (if not free)
Etc

People saved the money, weren't spendthrifts as apparently you prefer, so why shouldn't they be able to have it go where they like? I mean two people each make $20M over their life & one has nothing at the end & the other $10M. Why does the government get part of the $20M of only one person?

just in case you were wondering, I know you’re not, my main concerns would be:

Eliminate the War on Drugs
Legalize drugs and treat it as the mental health issue it is
Legalize and heavily regulate prostitution
Eliminate mandatory minimums
Shut down all for profit prisons
Universal healthcare
Raise minimum wage
Increase taxes on the super wealthy and close loop holes
Reasonable student loan nd tuition rates (if not free)
Etc

Young man, you’re hearts in the right place, but none of that will benefit the inner cities or anywhere else at all.

No, I thinks it’s simply one of the factors.
Drugs are another, but drug use is multiplied by hopelessness.

There’s multiple factors, the problem is we aren’t capable of talking about them. The people that live there need to take control of their situation too.

Sure.
Young man, you’re hearts in the right place, but none of that will benefit the inner cities or anywhere else at all.

I disagree.

But I meant in general.

if cops don’t have the manpower, put national guard in place. That’s the easy part.

That's actually not as easy as you would think. Those in charge in Chicago are rejecting help and have said Chicago is a Trump free zone.

If Trump forces it the Ds will use it to call him a police state racist dictator that sent the National Guard in to terrorize the black community.

Emanuel: National Guard out of the question

Mayor Rahm Emanuel on Wednesday rejected the idea of the National Guard patrolling the city as "antithetical" to the trust he's trying to build in law enforcement.

The mayor's comments came after President Donald Trump on Tuesday evening took to Twitter to suggest he would "send in the Feds!" if Chicago doesn't "fix the horrible 'carnage' going on."

The president's tweet, however, did not specify what form that could take. At a Wednesday press briefing, White House spokesman Sean Spicer didn't respond directly when asked whether Trump was talking about deploying National Guard troops to Chicago.

"There's no one thing," Spicer said. "There can be aid, if it was requested up through the governor through the proper channels that the federal government can provide on a law enforcement basis. But there's other aid that can be extended as well through the U.S. attorney's office or other means that will ensure the people of Chicago have the resources to feel safe. That's what he means. And part of it is that no American, whether or not you live in Chicago or Nebraska, shouldn't feel like you can walk down the streets of a city in this country and fear for your life. And I think too often that's happening in Chicago."

At City Hall, Emanuel said the National Guard "has nothing to do with public safety" and that he was "against it, straight up."

Spicer indicated Trump was waiting for Emanuel to ask for help dealing with Chicago crime, referencing a meeting the two had in New York prior to Trump's inauguration. "I think the president-elect at the time extended his support to Mayor Emanuel to say that the resources of the federal government are here for you," Spicer said. "To the best of my knowledge, that return call for help has not occurred."

Aldermen reacted cautiously to the presidential tweet, saying the city could use more federal money and assistance but that armed troops patrolling the streets would be a mistake.

"I don't think we need troops in the city," said Ald. Pat Dowell, 3rd. "Nobody wants to be subject to a curfew, home-to-home searches, cordoning off neighborhoods. I think we need more investment in terms of jobs, investment in our schools."

South Side Ald. Toni Foulkes said sending National Guard units into the city's African-American neighborhoods would worsen conditions in those communities, where there is already a distrust of law enforcement.

"When the National Guard gets involved, you end up with curfews, militarization of neighborhoods," said Foulkes, 16th, who represents parts of Englewood, West Englewood, Chicago Lawn and Gage Park. "And especially in places like Englewood, neighborhoods where residents already feel like there's a racial basis to some of these decisions, that will not help matters."

Cardinal Blase Cupich, who was at City Hall to be honored for his recent elevation to cardinal, said the situation is "more complex" than one that can be dealt with simply by posting federal troops on Chicago streets. "The problem is surely much more complex than that type of a solution," he said.

Emanuel is in a tough spot. With Chicago's ongoing crime problems eroding local trust in his administration and garnering so much national attention from Trump and others, it could be difficult for the mayor to reject outright offers of help. But he might not want to be seen as turning over crime fighting to federal officials.

Raising minimum wage to 15$ will put people out of work. The more a business has to pay the more they'll cut expenses and the less they'll hire. They'll start with the people with the least education and experience and skills. The same exact people you're claiming you want to help. It's simple math.

Minimum wage jobs aren't supposed to be careers. It's the first rung on the ladder. It's to get your foot in the door and gain experience. You're supposed to continue climbing the ladder not stay at the bottom forever.

Reactions: CrittendenWildcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT