POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
John James Is the damn man. I wish he'd take Obama by his big ol' ears and pull them off and punch Obama in his dopey face till his nose breaks and then put Obama's teeth on the curb and push his military boot through Obama's skull.

John James. Future American president. Him or Tim Scott will be thr first true black American president.

Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
Ruh roh. [laughing]

38814375_2189289867955583_8675033802692624384_n.jpg

It “assumes” that there is, especially was, a tendency, or outright refusal, to hire someone based on their skin color when they HAD/HAVE the proper qualifications.

False. No proof. At all. If that was true, how'd any minority get a job beforehand? How'd Asians and Indians get hired with ease?

Truth is they assumed minorities could never be smart enough to compete in ability alone. Which is ridiculous.

Since this is such an easy logical slam dunk, I'll continue:

If that WAS true that it started due to hesitancy to hire, then why does the notion persist today when it's obviously no longer the case?

If the notion is such a concern - does your side plan on stepping up for underrepresented whites in the NBA and NFL?

If racial proportion is such a concern, i assume you will start your campaign to hire more white men?

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Portland protesters storm City Hall building to shut down a meeting and confront the Mayor about the police enforcing the law and going after Antifa during their riot last weekend. Protesters got into fist fights with the police. Once the building was secure it was put on lock down and the mayor and counsel members snuck out a side door.

Trump is going after the root of the problem now.

http://thehill.com/latino/401023-ic...and-minnesota-in-vast-tax-fraud-investigation.

ICE raids a dozen businesses in Nebraska and Minnesota in vast tax fraud investigation

Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents raided businesses in Montana and Nebraska on Wednesday, indicting 17 business owners and mangers for fraud and money laundering.

The agents in the Homeland Security Investigations arm of ICE led the raids on businesses they allege knowingly hired and illegal immigrants.

False. No proof. At all. If that was true, how'd any minority get a job beforehand? How'd Asians and Indians get hired with ease?

Truth is they assumed minorities could never be smart enough to compete in ability alone. Which is ridiculous.

Since this is such an easy logical slam dunk, I'll continue:

If that WAS true that it started due to hesitancy to hire, then why does the notion persist today when it's obviously no longer the case?

If the notion is such a concern - does your side plan on stepping up for underrepresented whites in the NBA and NFL?

If racial proportion is such a concern, i assume you will start your campaign to hire more white men?

I don't even know where to start with this.

1) You could keep giving what YOU think is the reason Affirmative Action began. Your thoughts contradict every reason for its origination.

2) Despite what you may think, again, racism is not dead. Sure, we have made strides, but it doesn't mean that we killed it when the Emancipation was signed.

3) Why do people keep bringing up the NBA and NFL? This is ridiculous. First of all, players are drafted and signed because they are the best at what they do. It has zero to do with skin color. Second of all, IF that wasn't the case, more white players would actually be signed due to white people being the largest portion of the audience.

4) No. I'm not starting a campaign to hire more white men because white men don't need one.

1) You could keep giving what YOU think is the reason Affirmative Action began. Your thoughts contradict every reason for its origination.

2) Despite what you may think, again, racism is not dead. Sure, we have made strides, but it doesn't mean that we killed it when the Emancipation was signed.

3) Why do people keep bringing up the NBA and NFL? This is ridiculous. First of all, players are drafted and signed because they are the best at what they do. It has zero to do with skin color. Second of all, IF that wasn't the case, more white players would actually be signed due to white people being the largest portion of the audience.

4) No. I'm not starting a campaign to hire more white men because white men don't need one.

1) learn logic. The assumption is they can never obtain positions based on ability. We know that, because otherwise intervention would've never occurred

2) racism isn't dead. Fact. However it isn't as rampant as the left would have us believe. Also racism against whites is also racism.

3) lol the irony of this response is hilarious

4) noone wants a campaign to hire more white men. Only to remove race and gender, of any sort, from consideration

Why do people keep bringing up the NBA and NFL? This is ridiculous. First of all, players are drafted and signed because they are the best at what they do. It has zero to do with skin color.

I just had to quote this once more for good measure. The fact you so egregiously misunderstand this issue and the logic behind it is mind blowing.

In this day and age it's not needed for any race. The days of large companies not hiring someone due to the color of their skin are gone. Hires should be merit based.

1) learn logic. The assumption is they can never obtain positions based on ability. We know that, because otherwise intervention would've never occurred

2) racism isn't dead. Fact. However it isn't as rampant as the left would have us believe. Also racism against whites is also racism.

3) lol the irony of this response is hilarious

4) noone wants a campaign to hire more white men. Only to remove race and gender, of any sort, from consideration

I just had to quote this once more for good measure. The fact you so egregiously misunderstand this issue and the logic behind it is mind blowing.

I'm done responding to you. It's not worth it, honestly.

I'm done responding to you. It's not worth it, honestly.

You're stating the same thing he's stating. The best person for the job should be hired for a job based on qualification, not based on their race or sex. Thats exactly how the NFL and NBA do it, and you're fine with that,why should it be any different in the real world?

You ever notice votes are always found in Democrat areas and the votes always add up to just enough to put them over the top. Russians.
Didn't Al Franken win his original election bid, thanks in part, to boxes of votes found in someone's trunk? I mean, that whole election was filled with voter fraud, but the "OOPS JUST FOUND 150 VOTES ALL FOR FRANKEN IN MY CAR LOL WOW" had to be the cream of the crop for not even trying to pretend you're not cheating.

If you think corporate america tries to avoid hiring people of color, you clearly are not in corporate america. And probably make up very frequently hearing racist remarks.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
You're stating the same thing he's stating. The best person for the job should be hired for a job based on qualification, not based on their race or sex. Thats exactly how the NFL and NBA do it, and you're fine with that,why should it be any different in the real world?

Man...IN A PERFECT WORLD, the best person should/would be hired for the job. The world is not perfect so affirmative action exists.

As far as I know, minorities do not have trouble obtaining jobs in the NFL or NBA. However, they do when it comes to being a head coach, hence, the Rooney Rule.

White people do not get discriminated against (waiting for "but at least one guy does!") so, therefore, there does not need to be any affirmative action for us whites.

It's not that hard to understand, really.

Yes
I don’t understand why he doesn’t understand this point. Black guys are better at basketball and there should be more of them in the NBA. Is it possible that white dudes are better at engineering and would probably have more white engineers, not because whites are keeping blacks from getting an engineering job because they black.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Affirmative action in preparing minorities for the workforce is needed (within reason, too much weight is not) but in the competitive world of jobs/bids etc anything more than a tiebreaker is wrong.

Ironically the State of OH forces almost all purchases to flow through minority entities that are just paper pushers that add several % to every purchase. These entities are mostly single digit employers and cost the taxpayers that margin in their budget.

Man...IN A PERFECT WORLD, the best person should/would be hired for the job. The world is not perfect so affirmative action exists.

As far as I know, minorities do not have trouble obtaining jobs in the NFL or NBA. However, they do when it comes to being a head coach, hence, the Rooney Rule.

White people do not get discriminated against (waiting for "but at least one guy does!") so, therefore, there does not need to be any affirmative action for us whites.

Mike Tomlin is a great coach and I hate the Steelers. Hue Jackson is a terrible coach and I hate the browns too.

40 years ago the Rooney rule was needed, not today.

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat

It is for some people. That is because they are not used to thinking beyond what makes them comfortable. There is all kinds of data showing how institutional racism works but some people do not want to face the reality:
https://www.theatlantic.com/busines...c-school-funding-and-the-role-of-race/408085/

Reactions: Levibooty
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT