POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
there is 8k votes that because of Ohio rules they aren't allowed to count for 2 weeks. with a margin of 1500 nobody is going to call it. how is it a big loss? its been a GOP seat for 40 years. its only competitive because of Trump, a 10% swing away from the GOP from 2016.
Which party do you think spent everything they had? Not the GOP. Remember when pajama boy ran in georgia and dems spent a record amount of money...only to lose to the first ever woman in that district (weird bc I thought everyone was sexist who didnt vote dem and pajama boy was a white male) and he ended up losing more than Hillary did there. Then dems played it off like "no bigs, its GA!"

Which party do you think spent everything they had? Not the GOP. Remember when pajama boy ran in georgia and dems spent a record amount of money...only to lose to the first ever woman in that district (weird bc I thought everyone was sexist who didnt vote dem and pajama boy was a white male) and he ended up losing more than Hillary did there. Then dems played it off like "no bigs, its GA!"
the GOP spent 5 million, had Pence come stump, and had Trump hold a rally. The dems spent 3 million and as far as i saw had no heavyweights weigh in on the race. all this for a meaningless seat that they get to literally do nothing with. get seated in september and fight for the vote again in november. both sides were fighting for some kind of morale victory. no matter what happened tonight Oconnor isnt going to win that seat in November unless the GOP completely collapses.

Last edited:
The Blue Wave is undeniable and imminent.

Washington's 8th district has been held by an R since '83. It's also been won by a Democrat president every year since '92. Hillary won it in '16 by 3 points.

The pundits and pollsters and media just knew this would be the year a Democrat would flip the seat because of the blue wave. They wrote think piece after think piece. Did tv segment after tv segment. All waxing poetic about the undeniable and imminent blue wave. Rossi won it tonight by 24 points.

Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
its only competitive because of Trump,

But not for the reasons you're trying to imply. It wasn't competitive because Trump sucks or whatever and the R base is leaving him like they've been selling you on the news. The R base is still strong and firmly behind Trump. You can keep buying the msm spin and denying this reality all you want but it's completely false. It's was competitive because Ds are foaming at the mouths like rabid dogs and showed up to the polls.

You should be thanking Trump for getting those worthless losers off their asses and to the polls. How many of them did we see at the inauguration in the streets breaking stuff and whining about who's president? Then when a reporter stuck a camera and mic in their face they admitted they didn't vote. Well they're motivated now and are voting. You're welcome.

Last edited:
This district has been securely republican forever. Won by double digits every time there's even a contest. Just like Connor Lamb in Pennsylvania, these districts would not be in play in any normal political cycle. The massive Trump backlash is the only reason they're even close.

I'll gladly eat crow if Balderson wins by 10 in 3 months. Democratic turnout always increases with the size of the election.
You will eat crow if the dems don't retake the house as you have been predicting. It's the mandatory meal.

People are starting to realize Democrats are no longer Democrats. They're off the wall crazy extremists, who if they don't get their way, cry, complain, riot and blame everything on something else besides themselves. I don't understand how anyone with a sane mind would support the Left at this point in time. They lie, they cheat, they go to unbelievable measures just to get their way.

Only 3 more months of smugness yall.

38751356_2188239941393909_6227283862838312960_n.jpg

I knew nothing about the election yesterday other than seeing a bunch of headlines about the blue wave and referendum on Trump. The most predictable thing in the world was having a lefty come here to claim this election was completely meaningless once things looked bad for the Ds.

Liberals were all hopped up on Roy Moore juice when he lost.

That Roy Moore defeat was basically Hillary winning the presidency.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Liberals were all hopped up on Roy Moore juice when he lost.

That Roy Moore defeat was basically Hillary winning the presidency.
Anybody other than Roy Moore would have won. It was a terrible nominee on behalf of republicans, just like Hillary was.

Why does anyone care about the Balderson Ohio race at all? The winner gets to serve for 2.5 months before the same exact election?

Apparently, BECAUSE THE BLUE WAVE!!!!

Oh wait.

Yeah, you're right, no one should care about that election. Totally meaningless. Doesn't matter.

It's been the #1 election story for weeks, Trump went there and it's the lead story on nearly every outlet.

And honestly, it was rather meaningless. Particularly because now they are going to have a recount, count absentee ballots, the results won't be confirmed for weeks, etc.

A waste of time and money. Just leave the seat open until November.

Anybody other than Roy Moore would have won. It was a terrible nominee on behalf of republicans, just like Hillary was.

Well, it took tons of money from California, constant media coverage and using the Gloria Allred/Lisa Bloom clan to create pedophilia claims in order to win.

Reactions: Pelosigalore
It's been the #1 election story for weeks, Trump went there and it's the lead story on nearly every outlet.

And honestly, it was rather meaningless. Particularly because now they are going to have a recount, count absentee ballots, the results won't be confirmed for weeks, etc.

A waste of time and money. Just leave the seat open until November.

Yep. The only single solitary reason it mattered, as with most things on the left, is they said it mattered. Logic, reason, reality, etc. have no bearing.

Just read this.

A democrat congressional candidate in Pennsylvania has desires to tax parents who have more than two children as “irresponsible breeders.”

All the Democrats have to do is not be insane. They just can’t.
It is why controlling the media is more important than ever for them. In their minds if they don't cover the nut job stories then they actually didn't happen. See Antifa.

Reactions: Mojocat and sefus12
A feminist whose profile pic is her pushing her tits together. "BUT BUT SHES A ACTRUSSS", screams the idiot with so much cognitive dissonance it could fill up one Hillary's medical muumuus
She is also a gun expert per CNN who had her on several times to discuss the printed gun debate. Step off.

Reactions: Brandon Stroud
I'm in favor of doing whatever it takes to drive down birthrates with people who shouldn't be having kids, so if we can tax them rather than give them tax credits for more than 2 kids, I'll vote for that guy.

Reactions: KingOfBBN
If Trump maintains the house and senate I really hope he goes full on attack on entitlements. Reform everything and remove all incentives to be lazy.

Honestly if it doesn't happen now, we're doomed. Too many people receive government assistance and can outvote those of us that pay for it. We have generational dependence on the government unfortunately and it just keeps expanding.

Those people aren't paying taxes.
This is a dumb question, but why do we give federal tax money to people that don’t pay federal taxes? If somebody is disabled or by no fault of there own not able to work, I get it, but tons of others drawing a check or getting a tax credit is insanity and we can’t afford it.

This is a dumb question, but why do we give federal tax money to people that don’t pay federal taxes? If somebody is disabled or by no fault of there own not able to work, I get it, but tons of others drawing a check or getting a tax credit is insanity and we can’t afford it.
When I say tax credit, I mean credits for people that don’t pay any federal taxes at all.

When I say tax credit, I mean credits for people that don’t pay any federal taxes at all.

Refundable tax credits. Because Congress said so.

Trying to decipher the "why" of a lot of things in the tax code is an exercise in futility if you're trying to rely on logic and reason. Congress wanted it that way. So it's that way.

Reactions: sefus12
Populism is the "why" and also why once enacted it is very difficult doing away with them. Avoiding being demonized by the media has made most republicans play the game.

People are starting to realize Democrats are no longer Democrats. They're off the wall crazy extremists, who if they don't get their way, cry, complain, riot and blame everything on something else besides themselves. I don't understand how anyone with a sane mind would support the Left at this point in time. They lie, they cheat, they go to unbelievable measures just to get their way.

Another trait of libs is they literally accuse the other side of what they are doing

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT