POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
moe, I specifically said "White Nationalist" which is a proper noun.

Yes, and I specifically explained to you someone can be white and a nationalist and that doesn't make them a Nazi, white supremacist or racist. Again, you're trying to conflate an extreme, obscure, fringe example and label everyone who is white and also a nationalist.

Reactions: warrior-cat
Say what?

OPEC ministers agree to raise oil production but don't say by how much

• OPEC ministers announced a deal on Friday that will increase oil supplies from the producer group.
  • Producers agreed to start pumping more so that they are no longer overshooting the production limits they agreed to in November 2016.
  • Analysts say the agreement is likely to add around 600,000 to 800,000 barrels a day to the market, helping to tame oil prices that have soared to multi-year highs recently.

Here's the latest on Cheapside Cafe's Facebook controversy

After a viral Facebook post led to backlash and accusations of racism against a downtown cafe, police body camera footage backed up the owner's version of events and a city councilwoman who caused the post to go viral apologized.

Pamela Joy Miller, whose LinkedIn page lists her as a social worker and attorney in Cincinnati, posted on Facebook on June 19 about an incident at Cheapside Cafe at 326 E. Eighth St. downtown, where police were called to remove an African-American man who had been disruptive at the restaurant, cursing and yelling at employees, and had fallen asleep after another patron purchased him a meal.

Miller's post only recounted the removal and none of the prior events, and she shared it to her private Facebook page where only her friends could view it. However, one of those friends was Cincinnati City Councilwoman Tamaya Dennard, who took a screenshot of the post and shared it to her 1,718 followers along with a message condemning Cheapside Cafe.

Her post was shared hundreds of times and led to a rash of one-star reviews for Cheapside Cafe on Facebook, accusations of racism and, according to owner Joe Creighton, death threats.

Dennard took down the post after speaking with Creighton and hearing his staff's account of events. The Cincinnati Police Department on the afternoon of June 21 posted body camera footage showing officers removing the man from the restaurant without incident.

Dennard on Friday morning posted an apology to Facebook, saying after conversations with Creighton, Police Chief Eliot Isaac and Acting City Manager Patrick Duhaney she realized the responding officers approached the man with empathy and the situation was not as originally represented on Facebook.

"I accept full responsibility for my Facebook post regarding Cheapside’s reaction to the gentleman in their establishment," she wrote. "I apologize to Mr. Creighton, Chief Isaac and the responding officers. I will continue to use my platform to educate people on issues of racial, social, gender, economic, environmental and digital justice and for that, I make no apology."

Creighton told me he appreciates and accepts Councilmember Dennard's apology but damage has been done to real people.

"Had either Pam Miller, who originally posted about this on Facebook, or Councilmember Dennard simply talked to us before jumping to the conclusion that race, not safety, was the issue here, none of this would’ve happened," he said in a statement. "Because they didn’t extend us even that basic courtesy, we have been labeled as racists and have received death threats. That’s the human toll of reckless accusations. People need to understand that."

We are better than this. That is a horse shit excuse. Build camps in Mexico and let’s eradicate their governments with military force if their situation is so bad. We are supposed to be cradle to grave welfare for the entire globe. Are you’re fking stupid?
Illegal, undocumented immigrants aren't eligible for welfare (TANF), SSI, SNAP, CHIP, ACA, etc. What was the question again? :boom:

If you aren't buying shit, you literally have no business being in a private business.

That Starbuck's bullshit was the dumbest goddam thing I'd ever seen until the left got rolling on this illegal aliens should be locked up with the children they're smuggling thing.

I don't want to visit a business that lets homeless and poor people sit around it not buying shit.

Notice that both words that make up that noun are capitalized...there's your clue. You should have paid better attention in your 6th grade English class. If I were referring to whites who are nationalist then neither word would be capitalized unless I was starting a sentence.

The definition you provided says otherwise. Neither "white" or "nationalist" is capitalized, yet you used it to try to smear "white nationalists" as racists.

Yes, and I specifically explained to you someone can be white and a nationalist and that doesn't make them a Nazi, white supremacist or racist. Again, you're trying to conflate an extreme, obscure, fringe example and label everyone who is white and also a nationalist.
I cannot believe that you are so ignorant to try and continue your argument.
Here's another lesson for you... "white nationalist" <> "White Nationalist".

WTF is throwing around "Marxist" and "Communist"??? Every side has a lunatic fringe and if that's where you want to play the game then that's how it will be played. If you want to have honest discussions then perhaps you should stop trying to poison the water.

The definition you provided says otherwise. Neither "white" or "nationalist" is capitalized, yet you used it to try to smear "white nationalists" as racists.

If you want to have honest discussions then perhaps you should stop trying to poison the water.

You're the one labeling everyone who is white and a nationalist a Nazi, white supremacist and racist.

WTF is throwing around "Marxist" and "Communist"??? Every side has a lunatic fringe and if that's where you want to play the game then that's how it will be played. If you want to have honest discussions then perhaps you should stop trying to poison the water.

My younger brother, that is mixed race, college educated lives in Nashville, flat out told me that problem with past communism was the leaders, not communism itself.

He isn’t an outlier, he is every youth you see protesting and members of antifa.

What percentage of youths do you think protest/members of antifa?

Good God...I hope they find a cure to the serious case of stupid some of you display.

Again, you completely sink your own GD argument.
You’re right, the percentage I mentioned is small, but it completely dwarfs the number of folks that support Trump that are white supremacists.

Reactions: moe_schmoe
But you also provided a definition to prove your point that is the complete opposite of what you're saying now. According to the definition you provided, capitalization makes no difference.

I'm eating right now.

You are the one arguing with the dictionary and the rules for grammar.

So mom feeds you while you type on the computer...lucky you.

[laughing]

You can't make a noun a proper noun just by capitalizing it! Do better.

There is no White Nationalist organization/party, at least not in the US.
Never did I refer to a party or organization nor is it necessary for one to formally belong to either/both in order to hold those beliefs.

Pardon me if I don't take English lessons from someone who couldn't make it past their freshman year of high school. Thank God for social promotions or you wouldn't have made it that far.

You are the one arguing with the dictionary and the rules for grammar.

Bottom line is, you're accusing those eight GOPers of being capitalized "White Nationalists" ([laughing]), the Nazi, white supremacist, racist kind. Do you have any proof? You didn't name names, and I'm not familiar with them, so I'm seriously asking.

So mom feeds you while you type on the computer...lucky you.

Actually, you are.

Never did I refer to a party or organization

Then why did you capitalize it, Webster?

Pardon me if I don't take English lessons from someone who couldn't make it past their freshman year of high school.

This doesn't even make sense. Is it supposed to be clever or witty? If it were true that I did not make it past my freshman year of high school, then your remark might be considered "biting." Since I have an MA in English from an accredited university, however, your remark just bolsters your position as a clueless douche bag who is completely out of his depth.

@fuzz77, never mind. I've read all I needed to read.

At least eight people associated with white nationalist groups are running for state or federal office around the country this year, NBC News reported this week, citing data from the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC)

The price of WTI crude jumped 6% today. Is anyone this stoopid?

Wasn't aware. But was that before today's announcement, and won't today's announcement help bring that down?

Wasn't aware. But was that before today's announcement, and won't today's announcement help bring that down?
GD it schmoe, you understand this is a traded commodity rite??? Okay, perhaps you don't.
ExhaustedLinearDrever-max-1mb.gif

Again, you completely sink your own GD argument.
You’re right, the percentage I mentioned is small, but it completely dwarfs the number of folks that support Trump that are white supremacists.
Evidenced by???

Come on Bill, if you're going to throw shit against the wall then at least provide some supporting documentation.

BTW, the extreme left has cost the Democratic Party a minimum of 2 elections already this century alone. Had the votes for Ralph Nader gone to Gore or the votes for Jill Stein gone for Hillary both of those elections would have gone differently.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT