POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One thing people seem to have forgotten is how the changes to Obamacare will affect the midterms. People are about to see some serious increases along with losing the most popular provisions in Obamacare: discriminating those with pre-existing conditions and the minimum healthcare requirements for plans. Trump can no longer blame any negative stories on Obama...Trump owns the ACA now. It was finally showing some of the benefits many expected like lower price growth year to year and more competition. All of that completely destroyed and I believe it will cost Republicans dearly.

Medicaid and Social Security is next on the chopping block. Republicans can't stand that poor people have access to quality care at low or no costs.

34475630_1835591039812699_2602047786719379456_n.png

Medicaid and Social Security is next on the chopping block. Republicans can't stand that poor people have access to quality care at low or no costs.
No. Most Republicans, IMO, can't stand that people who won't work, didn't take advantage of schooling are getting their coverage on someone else's dime.
I have no problem with the poor having health care. In fact, I believe it's our moral obligation to care for the poor. It's just not the role of the government, via taxation, to do so. There's no accountability, with government programs. There's no incentive to get off the government rolls.

No. Most Republicans, IMO, can't stand that people who won't work, didn't take advantage of schooling are getting their coverage on someone else's dime.
I have no problem with the poor having health care. In fact, I believe it's our moral obligation to care for the poor. It's just not the role of the government, via taxation, to do so. There's no accountability, with government programs. There's no incentive to get off the government rolls.
Yes
I give money to charities and volunteer my time to help the less fortunate.

I should not have to be forced by the government to do it.

Conservatives that I know and very generous in helping the poor.

Yes
I give money to charities and volunteer my time to help the less fortunate.

I should not have to be forced by the government to do it.

Conservatives that I know and very generous in helping the poor.

How do you have time to help others and keep track of this administration’s abuses?

. There's no incentive to get off the government rolls.

Once you start living off the government, you stop being able to vote. Want food stamps? Trade in your right to vote. Want free rent? Trade in your right to vote. People who receive charity should not be able to help decide how much charity they receive. Beggars can't be choosers.

Oldsters who have worked all their lives and achieved retirement age can receive their deserved SS and still vote.

Once you start living off the government, you stop being able to vote. Want food stamps? Trade in your right to vote. Want free rent? Trade in your right to vote. People who receive charity should not be able to help decide how much charity they receive. Beggars can't be choosers.

Oldsters who have worked all their lives and achieved retirement age can receive their deserved SS and still vote.
Agree.
SS supports an American value: rewarding people for working and making an effort. I have no problem supporting Social Security and it's one of the few programs I'd be willing to even accept a tax increase just to help keep it solvent.

If I'm buying your dinner, I have a right to place limits on what you order.

2014 from Philly.com, our media is literally whores

A senior in Temple University’s journalism program helped break a recent national story that has members of the U.S. Senate pointing fingers at the CIA.

Ali Watkins, currently a 22-year-old freelancer for McClatchy in Washington, D.C., received a tip from sources who came to trust her while making herself a presence on Capitol Hill, according to a posting by Temple's School of Media and Communication.

2014 from Philly.com, our media is literally whores

A senior in Temple University’s journalism program helped break a recent national story that has members of the U.S. Senate pointing fingers at the CIA.

Ali Watkins, currently a 22-year-old freelancer for McClatchy in Washington, D.C., received a tip from sources who came to trust her while making herself a presence on Capitol Hill, according to a posting by Temple's School of Media and Communication.

Yep. She was in the running for a Pulitzer because of that CIA story. Now we know who her source was. Now we also know why she was dating him. Whoring herself out for leaks to further her career.

Well that's impossible with all these illegals bringing in their crime.

On a serious note, I'm actually glad you brought this up. It's perfect timing. The DOJ just released their quarterly report yesterday.

Keep in mind, "The illegal immigrant crime rate in this country should be zero. Every crime committed by an illegal alien is, by definition, a crime that should have been prevented."

Look at the numbers for Texas alone. 251K illegals charged with more than 663K total crimes.

Departments of Justice and Homeland Security Release Quarterly Alien Incarceration Report Highlighting the Negative Effects of Illegal Immigration and the Need for Border Security

A total of 57,820 known or suspected aliens were in in DOJ custody at the end of FY 2018 Q1, including 38,132 persons in BOP custody and 19,688 in USMS custody. Of this total, 42,284 people had been confirmed by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to be aliens (i.e., non-citizens and non-nationals), while 15,536 aliens were still under investigation by ICE to determine alienage and/or removability.

Among the 42,284 confirmed aliens, 39,413 people (93 percent) were unlawfully present. These numbers include a 62 percent unlawful rate among 38,132 known or suspected aliens in BOP custody and a 78 percent unlawful rate among 19,688 confirmed aliens in USMS custody.

Approximately 16,233 aliens in USMS custody required housing in state, local, and private facilities, which cost $1,458,372.72 a day.

For the first time, the Quarterly Alien Incarceration Report included examples of newly sentenced or incarcerated aliens in BOP custody. These examples include, but are not limited to:

• Anibel Rondolpho Rodriguez, an illegal alien from Honduras who was residing in Freeport, NY, was sentenced to 45 years in prison after he pled guilty to racketeering charges, two murder conspiracies, two attempted murders, and threatening to commit assault.
  • Eduardo Martinez, an illegal alien who was residing in Fort Wayne, Indiana, was sentenced to 324 months in prison after he pled guilty to possession with intent to distribute more than a kilogram of heroin, distribution of over 50 grams of methamphetamine, and possession of a firearm.
  • Pedro Quintero-Enriques, an illegal alien from Mexico who was residing in Summerdale, Alabama, was sentenced to 108 months in prison after he pled guilty to illegal reentry after deportation and felon in possession of firearms.
This report does not include data on the alien populations in state prisons and local jails because state and local facilities do not routinely provide DHS or DOJ with comprehensive information about their inmates and detainees—which account for approximately 90 percent of the total U.S. incarcerated population.

Information Regarding Immigration Status of Aliens Incarcerated Under the Supervision of the Federal Bureau of Prisons

The Department of Justice’s Bureau of Prisons (BOP) has an operational process for maintaining data regarding foreign-born inmates in its custody. On a quarterly basis, BOP supplies this information to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). ICE, in turn, analyzes that information to determine the immigration status of each inmate and provides that information back to BOP.

Out of the 183,058 inmates in BOP custody, 38,132 (twenty-one percent) were reported by BOP as known or suspected aliens. Further details regarding these 38,132 known or suspected aliens are as follows:

• 20,976 (55 percent) were unauthorized aliens who are subject to a final order of removal;
  • 11,698 (31 percent) remain under ICE investigation;
  • 2,850 (seven percent) were unlawfully present and now in removal proceedings;
  • 2,484 (approximately seven percent) were lawfully present aliens but are now in removal proceedings; and
  • 124 were aliens who have been granted relief or protection from removal.
Information Regarding the Immigration Status of Aliens Incarcerated as Federal Pretrial Detainees

USMS identified 19,688 confirmed aliens under ICE investigation detained at USMS facilities. Further details regarding these 19,688 confirmed aliens are as follows:

• 13,858 (70 percent) were aliens who are subject to a final order of removal;
  • 3,838 (19 percent) remain under ICE investigation;
  • 1,560 (7.9 percent) were unlawfully present and now in removal proceedings;
  • 387 (approximately two percent) were lawfully present but are now in removal proceedings; and
  • 45 were aliens who have been granted relief or protection from removal.
Pending Charges Against Confirmed Aliens in USMS Custody

Of the 19,688 confirmed aliens in USMS custody, 10,971 (56 percent) were in custody for an immigration related offense. Additionally, 4,665 (nearly 24 percent) aliens were in custody for drug related offenses. Further details regarding the related charges of these inmates are as follows:

• 974 (approximately five percent) were in custody for supervision violations;
  • 889 (approximately five percent) were in custody for property offenses;
  • 391 (approximately five percent) were in custody for weapons violations;
  • 378 (approximately two percent) were in custody for violent crimes;
  • 745 (approximately four percent) in custody were material witnesses.
Immigration Status of All Convicted Aliens Incarcerated in State Prisons and Local Detention Centers Throughout the United States

Some state and local jurisdictions already take proactive measures to make this data available to the public. For example, the Texas Department of Public Safety publishes data online regarding criminal alien arrests and convictions. These data do not account for all aliens in the Texas criminal justice system, as they are limited to criminal alien arrestees who have had prior interaction with DHS resulting in the collection of their fingerprints.

As reported by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS), 251,000 criminal aliens have been booked into local Texas jails between June 1, 2011 and April 30, 2018, according to DHS status indicators. These criminal aliens were charged with:

• More than 663,000 criminal offenses;
  • 1,351 homicides;
  • 7,156 sexual assaults;
  • 9,938 weapons charges;
  • 79,049 assaults;
  • 18,685 burglaries;
  • 79,900 drug charges;
  • 815 kidnappings;
  • 44,882 thefts;
  • 4,292 robberies.

On a serious note, I'm actually glad you brought this up. It's perfect timing. The DOJ just released their quarterly report yesterday.

Keep in mind, "The illegal immigrant crime rate in this country should be zero. Every crime committed by an illegal alien is, by definition, a crime that should have been prevented."

Look at the numbers for Texas alone. 251K illegals charged with more than 663K total crimes.

Departments of Justice and Homeland Security Release Quarterly Alien Incarceration Report Highlighting the Negative Effects of Illegal Immigration and the Need for Border Security

A total of 57,820 known or suspected aliens were in in DOJ custody at the end of FY 2018 Q1, including 38,132 persons in BOP custody and 19,688 in USMS custody. Of this total, 42,284 people had been confirmed by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to be aliens (i.e., non-citizens and non-nationals), while 15,536 aliens were still under investigation by ICE to determine alienage and/or removability.

Among the 42,284 confirmed aliens, 39,413 people (93 percent) were unlawfully present. These numbers include a 62 percent unlawful rate among 38,132 known or suspected aliens in BOP custody and a 78 percent unlawful rate among 19,688 confirmed aliens in USMS custody.

Approximately 16,233 aliens in USMS custody required housing in state, local, and private facilities, which cost $1,458,372.72 a day.

For the first time, the Quarterly Alien Incarceration Report included examples of newly sentenced or incarcerated aliens in BOP custody. These examples include, but are not limited to:

• Anibel Rondolpho Rodriguez, an illegal alien from Honduras who was residing in Freeport, NY, was sentenced to 45 years in prison after he pled guilty to racketeering charges, two murder conspiracies, two attempted murders, and threatening to commit assault.
  • Eduardo Martinez, an illegal alien who was residing in Fort Wayne, Indiana, was sentenced to 324 months in prison after he pled guilty to possession with intent to distribute more than a kilogram of heroin, distribution of over 50 grams of methamphetamine, and possession of a firearm.
  • Pedro Quintero-Enriques, an illegal alien from Mexico who was residing in Summerdale, Alabama, was sentenced to 108 months in prison after he pled guilty to illegal reentry after deportation and felon in possession of firearms.
This report does not include data on the alien populations in state prisons and local jails because state and local facilities do not routinely provide DHS or DOJ with comprehensive information about their inmates and detainees—which account for approximately 90 percent of the total U.S. incarcerated population.

Information Regarding Immigration Status of Aliens Incarcerated Under the Supervision of the Federal Bureau of Prisons

The Department of Justice’s Bureau of Prisons (BOP) has an operational process for maintaining data regarding foreign-born inmates in its custody. On a quarterly basis, BOP supplies this information to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). ICE, in turn, analyzes that information to determine the immigration status of each inmate and provides that information back to BOP.

Out of the 183,058 inmates in BOP custody, 38,132 (twenty-one percent) were reported by BOP as known or suspected aliens. Further details regarding these 38,132 known or suspected aliens are as follows:

• 20,976 (55 percent) were unauthorized aliens who are subject to a final order of removal;
  • 11,698 (31 percent) remain under ICE investigation;
  • 2,850 (seven percent) were unlawfully present and now in removal proceedings;
  • 2,484 (approximately seven percent) were lawfully present aliens but are now in removal proceedings; and
  • 124 were aliens who have been granted relief or protection from removal.
Information Regarding the Immigration Status of Aliens Incarcerated as Federal Pretrial Detainees

USMS identified 19,688 confirmed aliens under ICE investigation detained at USMS facilities. Further details regarding these 19,688 confirmed aliens are as follows:

• 13,858 (70 percent) were aliens who are subject to a final order of removal;
  • 3,838 (19 percent) remain under ICE investigation;
  • 1,560 (7.9 percent) were unlawfully present and now in removal proceedings;
  • 387 (approximately two percent) were lawfully present but are now in removal proceedings; and
  • 45 were aliens who have been granted relief or protection from removal.
Pending Charges Against Confirmed Aliens in USMS Custody

Of the 19,688 confirmed aliens in USMS custody, 10,971 (56 percent) were in custody for an immigration related offense. Additionally, 4,665 (nearly 24 percent) aliens were in custody for drug related offenses. Further details regarding the related charges of these inmates are as follows:

• 974 (approximately five percent) were in custody for supervision violations;
  • 889 (approximately five percent) were in custody for property offenses;
  • 391 (approximately five percent) were in custody for weapons violations;
  • 378 (approximately two percent) were in custody for violent crimes;
  • 745 (approximately four percent) in custody were material witnesses.
Immigration Status of All Convicted Aliens Incarcerated in State Prisons and Local Detention Centers Throughout the United States

Some state and local jurisdictions already take proactive measures to make this data available to the public. For example, the Texas Department of Public Safety publishes data online regarding criminal alien arrests and convictions. These data do not account for all aliens in the Texas criminal justice system, as they are limited to criminal alien arrestees who have had prior interaction with DHS resulting in the collection of their fingerprints.

As reported by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS), 251,000 criminal aliens have been booked into local Texas jails between June 1, 2011 and April 30, 2018, according to DHS status indicators. These criminal aliens were charged with:

• More than 663,000 criminal offenses;
  • 1,351 homicides;
  • 7,156 sexual assaults;
  • 9,938 weapons charges;
  • 79,049 assaults;
  • 18,685 burglaries;
  • 79,900 drug charges;
  • 815 kidnappings;
  • 44,882 thefts;
  • 4,292 robberies.
@Levibooty should read this at least twice before posting in this thread ever again.

Being born and raised in Kentucky I am familiar with how education was put at the bottom of the list of priorities in this state by many who grew up here. I saw with my own eyes how classrooms would empty when it was that time of the year when farming families kept their children out of school to chop tobacco. I'm sure for some families it was a necessity while others it was purely economic advancement. I'm also sure to some degree it fostered in these children an attitude that making money was far more important than knowing history and how that intertwines with values.
So I contemplate how adult attitudes were formed from an early age. I wonder how many Kentuckians know about the Navajo code talkers in WWII. I'm sure some like to talk of the story in the movie 'Windtalkers' but I also wonder if they know the history of those children John Brown Jr. talked about.
“They had to give up their meaningful Native names and take English ones. They were not only taught to speak English, but were punished for speaking their own languages. Their own traditional religious practices were forcibly replaced with Christianity. They were taught that their cultures were inferior. Some teachers ridiculed and made fun of the students’ traditions. These lessons humiliated the students and taught them to be ashamed of being American Indian.”
“They tell us not to speak in Navajo language. You’re going to school. You’re supposed to only speak English. And it was true. They did practice that, and we got punished if you was caught speaking Navajo,” John Brown Jr., a Navajo who served in World War II as a code talker.
Our history is littered with incidents where our government separated Native American Indian families, black slave families, and now indigenous brown families. It is true those who do not learn their history are bound to repeat it, and I for one think it is deplorable to remain ignorant of our history.

Requiescat in pace

That said, the way people are talking about his death is a very good indicator of where we are as a society. People talking about how devastated they are and using this insanely hyperbolic language for someone they saw on a TV. It's just creepy. I mean, I liked No Reservations as much as the next person, but this news will surely not "devastate" me anymore than the news of some other poor soul passing will.

Had a meal with Obama in Vietnam.

I wouldn't survive that either.

Anthony Bourdain Rips Hillary Clinton For ‘Shameful’ Response To Weinstein Scandal

Celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain is not letting Hillary Clinton off the hook for her friendship with Harvey Weinstein, the disgraced film producer who is accused of sexually harassing and raping young women in the film industry for decades.

The “Parts Unknown” host went on Twitter on Wednesday to air his grievances against the former secretary of state after she denounced Weinstein and announced vague plans to give away Weinstein’s donations to her in an interview with CNN’s Fareed Zakaria.

Bourdain, whose girlfriend, Asia Argento, claims she was raped by Weinstein in 1997, called Clinton’s interview “shameful in its deflection and its disingenuousness.” Bourdain also suggested that Clinton may have known about Weinstein’s behavior for years before the bombshell reports on him were released last week.

Being born and raised in Kentucky I am familiar with how education was put at the bottom of the list of priorities in this state by many who grew up here. I saw with my own eyes how classrooms would empty when it was that time of the year when farming families kept their children out of school to chop tobacco. I'm sure for some families it was a necessity while others it was purely economic advancement. I'm also sure to some degree it fostered in these children an attitude that making money was far more important than knowing history and how that intertwines with values.
So I contemplate how adult attitudes were formed from an early age. I wonder how many Kentuckians know about the Navajo code talkers in WWII. I'm sure some like to talk of the story in the movie 'Windtalkers' but I also wonder if they know the history of those children John Brown Jr. talked about.
“They had to give up their meaningful Native names and take English ones. They were not only taught to speak English, but were punished for speaking their own languages. Their own traditional religious practices were forcibly replaced with Christianity. They were taught that their cultures were inferior. Some teachers ridiculed and made fun of the students’ traditions. These lessons humiliated the students and taught them to be ashamed of being American Indian.”
“They tell us not to speak in Navajo language. You’re going to school. You’re supposed to only speak English. And it was true. They did practice that, and we got punished if you was caught speaking Navajo,” John Brown Jr., a Navajo who served in World War II as a code talker.
Our history is littered with incidents where our government separated Native American Indian families, black slave families, and now indigenous brown families. It is true those who do not learn their history are bound to repeat it, and I for one think it is deplorable to remain ignorant of our history.
I live in one of the best public school systems in KY. My daughter graduated from 8th Grade yesterday. There were 250 or so grads and of those about 40-50 were of Hispanic backgrounds. I mentioned to my daughter that I didn’t realize there were so many “Brown” people in her class. I didn’t actually say brown. She said that about 20 or so don’t speak any English and always are with interpreters. I wonder who is paying for the extra staff to help those kids?

What we did to Native Americans and Slaves was an abomination. Invaders from south of the border is a completely different situation and you know it.

More drama from the party of No.

Trump joins dog pile on Senate Democrats over their 'delusional' demands for the North Korea summit.

- Donald Trump attacked Senate Democrats on Friday for pushing a hardline set of demands for his upcoming summit with Kim Jong Un.
- Experts almost unanimously said the Democrats were off base, and found it shocking they would try a more hardline approach than Trump himself.
- The Democrats have been called "childish" and "delusional" for their letter and demands.

[laughing]

Tennessee hardware store owner puts his "No Gays Allowed" sign back up after the SCOTUS ruling. Wonder how long until they actually rule on this stuff?

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...-sign-back-up-after-supreme-court-cake-ruling

Here's what's great about capitalism. If that offends people, they can choose not to buy from the guy. If enough people make that choice, he goes out of business. He has the right to say something like that and people have the right to choose whether they want to spend money at his store.

Similar to the whole kneeling thing with the NFL. No one said they don't have the right to protest. That right is protected. But choosing to do so at your place of employment can have consequences. The NFL has learned that the hard way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT