POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anthony Bourdain Rips Hillary Clinton For ‘Shameful’ Response To Weinstein Scandal

Celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain is not letting Hillary Clinton off the hook for her friendship with Harvey Weinstein, the disgraced film producer who is accused of sexually harassing and raping young women in the film industry for decades.

The “Parts Unknown” host went on Twitter on Wednesday to air his grievances against the former secretary of state after she denounced Weinstein and announced vague plans to give away Weinstein’s donations to her in an interview with CNN’s Fareed Zakaria.

Bourdain, whose girlfriend, Asia Argento, claims she was raped by Weinstein in 1997, called Clinton’s interview “shameful in its deflection and its disingenuousness.” Bourdain also suggested that Clinton may have known about Weinstein’s behavior for years before the bombshell reports on him were released last week.

Suicide by Hillary.

And a girlfriend named Asia.

Reactions: screwduke1
34718412_1783901188342800_8754301246661197824_n.jpg

Yep. She was in the running for a Pulitzer because of that CIA story. Now we know who her source was. Now we also know why she was dating him. Whoring herself out for leaks to further her career.

She must have really loved House of Cards.

Media really has some of the most detestable people. It’s either unethical scum or “personalities” that get on TV. Actual reporting and investigating impartially while not trying to put your ego over, seems to have gone extinct.

Reactions: moe_schmoe
Yep. She was in the running for a Pulitzer because of that CIA story. Now we know who her source was. Now we also know why she was dating him. Whoring herself out for leaks to further her career.

A woman should never be criticized for ‘whoring herself out’. We live in a cold, miserable world...the whores make it tolerable

trump offers kneeling NFL players an olive branch.... asks them to recommend people who have been mistreated by the courts for pardoning. how many kneelers will take the time to research(be told by someone) and put their BS aside to follow through with this legitimate offer?

balls in their court now. see how many really want to make a difference vs. how many want to score cheap politically driven fame,.

I always appreciated that when Bourdain did segments in rural America he did not demean the people and put an effort in to convey their pride and history. Other liberals should take note.

He had a show on CNN that was informative and watchable. Minor miracle.

No other CNN program could claim to be either one of those...

Last edited:
So Trump is now wanting to make Russia, one of the more corrupt countries in the world, hardly a democratic capitalistic society, a member of the G-7 maybe he needs to contemplate what a G-6 would look like. I fully expect this crowd to continue swallowing.

So Trump is now wanting to make Russia, one of the more corrupt countries in the world, hardly a democratic capitalistic society, a member of the G-7 maybe he needs to contemplate what a G-6 would look like. I fully expect this crowd to continue swallowing.

You POS accusing someone of swallowing is like Mao accusing someone of being a bad person.

I do enjoy someone who wants open borders and loved Obama bending over for Iran, getting upset. Lol.

"In the fall of 1959 I spoke at one of the country's most respected law schools, the professor in charge of teaching ethics told me the big question up for discussion among his students was whether, as a lawyer, you could lie to a judge. I told the professor and said later in my speech that I thought we had all been taught the answer to that question when we were six years old."—1960 RFK

"In the fall of 1959 I spoke at one of the country's most respected law schools, the professor in charge of teaching ethics told me the big question up for discussion among his students was whether, as a lawyer, you could lie to a judge. I told the professor and said later in my speech that I thought we had all been taught the answer to that question when we were six years old."—1960 RFK
Like the FBI lied to the FISA judges in order to illegally surveil American citizens?

I can always tell when people do not have a valid argument or at best repeat something they have heard or read with as much depth as a bumper sticker. They resort to name calling in all their responses, go to the personal insults, and try to change the conversation to something else. They are weak minded and lacking self-discipline. Now everybody is guilty of that, I am guilty also, but it is not my first response with people who speak intelligently.

Maybe his brothers got that lesson instead of the ones about how they should be faithful to their wives and not let people slowly drown while they drunkenly leave the scene of an accident. Everyone else must have got the other lessons and not the lying to the judge one.

Reactions: BigBlueDave
Being born and raised in Kentucky I am familiar with how education was put at the bottom of the list of priorities in this state by many who grew up here. I saw with my own eyes how classrooms would empty when it was that time of the year when farming families kept their children out of school to chop tobacco. I'm sure for some families it was a necessity while others it was purely economic advancement. I'm also sure to some degree it fostered in these children an attitude that making money was far more important than knowing history and how that intertwines with values.
So I contemplate how adult attitudes were formed from an early age. I wonder how many Kentuckians know about the Navajo code talkers in WWII. I'm sure some like to talk of the story in the movie 'Windtalkers' but I also wonder if they know the history of those children John Brown Jr. talked about.
“They had to give up their meaningful Native names and take English ones. They were not only taught to speak English, but were punished for speaking their own languages. Their own traditional religious practices were forcibly replaced with Christianity. They were taught that their cultures were inferior. Some teachers ridiculed and made fun of the students’ traditions. These lessons humiliated the students and taught them to be ashamed of being American Indian.”
“They tell us not to speak in Navajo language. You’re going to school. You’re supposed to only speak English. And it was true. They did practice that, and we got punished if you was caught speaking Navajo,” John Brown Jr., a Navajo who served in World War II as a code talker.
Our history is littered with incidents where our government separated Native American Indian families, black slave families, and now indigenous brown families. It is true those who do not learn their history are bound to repeat it, and I for one think it is deplorable to remain ignorant of our history.
Remaining ignorant to our laws and making children pay for the crimes of their parents is even worse. However, your comparison is apples and oranges but, typical of a liberal argument. Change the narrative to fit your agenda. Educate yourself with truth before you post.

I live in one of the best public school systems in KY. My daughter graduated from 8th Grade yesterday. There were 250 or so grads and of those about 40-50 were of Hispanic backgrounds. I mentioned to my daughter that I didn’t realize there were so many “Brown” people in her class. I didn’t actually say brown. She said that about 20 or so don’t speak any English and always are with interpreters. I wonder who is paying for the extra staff to help those kids?

What we did to Native Americans and Slaves was an abomination. Invaders from south of the border is a completely different situation and you know it.
One of the better posts here. What I will tell you is--- I was screaming about this problem many years ago (25 at least) and my solution then was, well part of it, was to put employers of illegal immigrants in jail. Don't fine then because they have more money than time. Conservatives on this board argued against me then and denied there was a problem. I also have steadfastly said we have a major problem with our policies south of our border and that too was rejected by people who defended all things corporate. So when you say I know about "invaders" from the south you're right. And I will tell you and say again this problem is a result of our policies that have been put in place ever since the damn banana republics were formed. This is not new to me as I can remember when the trailer parks were built in Daviess County down in the river bottoms to house all the illegals the farmers were bringing in with the help of the Ursuline nuns, but the policies I'm talking about started before that even. With all due respect I doubt there are three people that post here who know very much of what I'm talking about---people have a long history of not listening and acting as if they can acquire knowledge by osmosis. I'm hoping you sir have an open and curious mind there's not many here that do.

Well, let's see: left groups support
1. Abortion
2. Same sex marriage
3. Stupid things like having transgender restrooms in schools
4. The left does not support America's uncompromising support of Israel
5. Lax if any support for or enforcement of immigration laws
6. Reduced freedom re: guns
7. The left supports welfare programs that, by design, harm their recipients
8. Views that are not in agreement with the principle of American exceptionalism
9. Unfair taxation of working people and people who actually earn their money

Just a few off the top of my head.
The left doesn't "support abortion", it supports the right to choice.
Same sex marriage...how has it affected you? If marriage was simply a religious ceremony then it could be left up to the churches...but in today's world marriage is a legal status. To offer people equal protection under the law there is no other way to do so. Your opposition is no different than those that opposed inter-racial marriage.

We have transgender restrooms here at our office. You probably didn't realize it but you've got transgender restrooms at home...or do you and your wife use separate restrooms at home?

Doesn't support Israel? Given the fact that most American Jews are Democrats and further left than even most Democrats says you're looney.

Lax enforcement of immigration laws? Obama deported more illegal immigrants than any POTUS in history. Democrats actually fought for stricter border security and immigration laws for many years while the GOP sought the cheap labor. But the genie is out of the bottle and it's too late now. They are here.

Reduced freedom o_O...you only seem to see freedom where if fits within your narrow boundaries. You oppose women's right to control their own body, you oppose allowing a same sex couple to marry and enjoy the same legal status that you have...

You need to research exactly who and what end of the political spectrum has done the most in the form of welfare reform. You've obviously bought into the falsehoods about most welfare recipients. The great majority of welfare recipients are working poor and elderly who receive Medicaid and SNAP. There are very few that get an actual check. Over half (53%) of aid recipients receive aid for less than 12 months. One of the things our company does is offer MCO (Managed Care) plans for state Medicaid recipients. At any one time we manage the care for about 10000 Kentuckians but about 15000 unique individuals will be in the plan over the calendar year. About 20% of the plan population are duals meaning they receive Medicare and Medicaid...they're old and poor.

America is exceptional but it isn't perfect and it isn't beyond questioning. We are just one set of human beings among all the others on this earth. I learned long ago that I didn't need to go around and tell everyone how great I was because if you're truly great then others will tell you so. It's a weakness to not see and recognize your own flaws and without doing so you are helpless to fix those flaws. The founding fathers didn't see what they did as perfect which is why they were wise enough to provide avenues to allow the nation to change and grow. You apparently see that as a weakness, I see it as a strength.

Unfair taxation? Seeing that only about half of working Americans pay any Federal taxes then what do you suggest? You want to raise taxes on the 50% currently not paying??? Who do you want to pay more and who should pay less? Give me your budget. We have cut taxes again and again since 1980 and each time the result has been the same in that more and more wealth get's concentrated into fewer and fewer hands. With that wealth comes power and the cycle repeats. That power is used to garner more of the wealth which allows greater controls

Tell me what is wrong with our tax system. Define for me "Unfair taxation of working people and people who actually earn their money" ...who are these "working people"? Are these blue collar workers, white collar? Seeing that white collar workers have seen disproportional increases in earnings and wealth compared to blue collar workers I find it hard that you're referring to them. And most blue collar workers pay very little in the way of federal taxes.
Who is it that should pay for our military, our roads, law enforcement, teachers, care for our elderly, manage our national parks... We run a huge deficit so we can bicker about what should be cut but what has to be dealt with is that we elect people who have made the decision to spend money so you've got to fund that spending. So knowing that you must raise $4 trillion... where are YOU getting it?

The left doesn't "support abortion", it supports the right to choice.

We have transgender restrooms here at our office. You probably didn't realize it but you've got transgender restrooms at home...or do you and your wife use separate restrooms at home?

"I don't support armed robbery, I just support the right of the robber to do so legally."

Comparing a home bathroom to a public one [laughing]. Never stop, rqfuzz. You're just too ignorant to be real. Usually one difference between sharing a bathroom with your wife at home and using a public restroom is that at home I'm sharing a bathroom with someone I also have sex with. Although, for some, I could see how there is no such distinction.

One of the better posts here. What I will tell you is--- I was screaming about this problem many years ago (25 at least) and my solution then was, well part of it, was to put employers of illegal immigrants in jail. Don't fine then because they have more money than time. Conservatives on this board argued against me then and denied there was a problem.

First, the next time you have an honest exchange with a rep on this board will be the first. You preach and lie, then run away.

Second, there is not a rep in the history of this board (and it isn't 25 years old, btw) much less a multitude of reps ever argued what is bolded. Ever. Your party today fights and demonizes any effort to use housing and labor policies to stem immigration.

Reactions: P19978
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT