POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So you're actually arguing that calling a black person an ape isn't racist? What is "true racism" then according to you?

She didn’t call her an ape, and Valerie Jarrett has a whole lot of Caucasian in her.

Does she resemble the pic posted above, be honest. She looks like that character, has nothing to do with race.

True racism is systematically holding people in the place they are.

Reactions: ymmot31

Maybe Roseanne should have just made up a easily debunkable ‘i was hacked’ story like Joy...nah, Roseanne is white, wouldn’t have worked.

And if talking about looks, Joy Reid is the ugliest woman on tv.

Reactions: warrior-cat
She didn’t call her an ape, and Valerie Jarrett has a whole lot of Caucasian in her.

Does she resemble the pic posted above, be honest. She looks like that character, has nothing to do with race.

True racism is systematically holding people in the place they are.

But she stated that she looked like the product of an ape.

Ergo, she is also an ape. Ergo, it’s racist. Argo, Ben Affleck.

It's downright disgusting that the words "planet of the apes" triggers thoughts of black people, and not a movie in which Jarrett looks like the characters, in so manys minds. I'm saying Jarrett looks like a fictional character from a movie. You all are saying planet of the apes = black people are apes. Why are you fags so racist?

Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
Like Jesus for example - lots of unknowns about him, but he’s most certainly not “made-up.”

J/K, he’s totally made up.

Actually, Jesus undoubtedly existed. There are other accounts of his existence throughout history aside from holy books.

The debate comes about him being the son of God or a crazy man running around making that claim. I believe the former, you the latter.

Also, had someone not informed me that woman was black, I honestly wouldn’t have known.

Carry on.

May7th
In a speech before law-enforcement officials in Arizona on Monday, Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced that the federal government seeks to separate parents from their children at the U.S.-Mexico border in an effort to discourage more crossings.

The Los Angeles Times reports that the policy officially went into effect last week, though hundreds of children have already been taken from their parents in recent months.

...data reviewed by The New York Times shows that more than 700 children have been taken from adults claiming to be their parents since October, including more than 100 children under the age of 4.

Spinning is not debunking.

Are you seriously still doubling down on a story that's been retracted/corrected?

Does she resemble the pic posted above, be honest. She looks like that character, has nothing to do with race..
Alright, I looked her up and yes she somewhat resembles the character.
Combing through the cast list of multiple movies to try to spin a bigot's attack tweet shows how divided this country truly is. She didn't say, "Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes character Ari had a baby=vj." The "Muslim brotherhood" part of the statement is a clear allusion to political/religious/ethnic affiliation. The "planet of the apes" part is too. Context is your friend.

Last edited:
Combing through the cast list of multiple movies to try to spin a bigot's attack tweet shows how divided this country truly is. She didn't say, "Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes character Ari had a baby=vj." The "Muslim brotherhood" half of the statement is a clear allusion to political/religious/ethnic affiliation. The "planet of the apes" half is also. Context is your friend.

You didn’t have to scroll through the cast, she looks like the character. Anymore than you had to scroll through her background to realize she was born in Iran, she just was.

You didn’t have to scroll through the cast, she looks like the character. Anymore than you had to scroll through her background to realize she was born in Iran, she just was.
That character was never mentioned by Roseanne, only posters here. Yall went through the entire cast of 9 Planet of the Apes movies until you found one you think she resembles and projected that onto her tweet.

Combing through the cast list of multiple movies to try to spin a bigot's attack tweet

Nobody combed through anything. One look at Jarrett and it's obvious, even before today.

Also, no one is trying to spin anything concerning to Roseanne. Her and her dumbass joke aside, Jarrett is ugly and looks like a character from the Planet of the Apes.

I felt that way before today and will feel that way after today. Roseanne has no bearing on my thoughts.

That character was never mentioned by Roseanne, only posters here. Yall went through the entire cast of 9 Planet of the Apes movies until you found one you think she resembles and projected that onto her tweet.
No one took into account Roseanne's (who I hate) age. This is who she was referring to...

images

...and the resemblance is uncanny. She also happens to be a strong female character in the movie and one of the most intelligent of all the apes. Unless you want to be totally unrealistic and suggest that Roseanne was talking about this fine piece...

images

...because, as a "woman of size" Roseanne hates this chick as much as any liberal "woman of stupidity", let alone "women of color".

Roseanne never mentioned her race either, everyone else did.

The pic posted above isn’t the one I mentioned. I clearly stated Roddy McDowell. Even you think she looks like the character.

Reactions: JohnKBA
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT