POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The vast majority of my clients are making money at this point and can't find enough people to fill the jobs they have open. Now maybe it's confirmation bias or some shit like that and they can afford my services because they're making money and I just don't see the shit businesses who are laying people off everywhere, but life seems to be pretty good. Multiple clients have increased projected capex thanks to tax reform.

My life is good. My paycheck is fatter. Only 80% of my wife's income is going to be taxed. Brokerage accounts are swelling. Pool going in.

Honestly if Obama didn't suck so bad, none of that would be happening right now. Thanks Obama.

So long as you losers stick to gay bathrooms and muh Russia, and leave your hands off the goddam economy the adults are participating in, I really don't care.

Love when Presidents go off script.

The rare times Obama did, you got an honest look into how he hated this country and also got "my muslim faith".

Trump just loves the good old USA and hates the criminals that are invading.
Obama off script: "Uhh, you know... well... uhh... well... uhh... you're racist!".

Last edited:
Honestly if Obama didn't suck so bad, none of that would be happening right now. Thanks Obama.

So long as you losers stick to gay bathrooms and muh Russia, and leave your hands off the goddam economy the adults are participating in, I really don't care.

It's not a lie to say Obama is the best thing to happen to the Republican party in a long time.

Stock market on track before the midterms to go almost back to where it started when Trump took office.
Ya, GOP gonna get prison raped in Nov.
LMgs3xU.gif

Rapper who once stabbed a guy, spent a career rappin calling women bitches and hoes...makes more money and has more opportunity in this country than he could have had anywhere else...STFU
The fact that he can even make a comment like that openly kind of kills the whole notion of white privilege, doesn't it?

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/conservative
conservative
adjective
1. disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/liberal
liberal
adjective
1. favorable to progress or reform, as in political or religious affairs.
3. of, pertaining to, based on, or advocating liberalism, especially the freedom of the individual and governmental guarantees of individual rights and liberties.
4. favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible, especially as guaranteed by law and secured by governmental protection of civil liberties.

Seems some in this thread need to review their dictionaries.
I hate to break it to you, but most conservatives don't fit into the Dictionary.com description of conservative. I would suggest that you spend some time reading about history. The terms got their meaning a few centuries ago in England. Liberals pushed for reform of the Monarchy. Instead of a Monarchy, they pushed for self determining limited government, natural rights, property rights, voting rights, etc. Conservatives wanted to preserve the Monarchy. That is where the idea comes from in your definition. In the early 20th century those definitions started to change. Liberals began pushing for big government that intruded in society and acted more as a problem solver and caretaker than as an entity that protects and preserves individual liberty. Conservatives pushed back against those changes and wanted to preserve the concepts in the constitution and limit government's authority to intrude in society. Conservatives today believe in the principles that the liberals of the last 3 centuries believed in. Liberals believe in some of those principles, but also believe in big government that by definition will strip away liberty. The early liberals, including our founding fathers, recognized that big, powerful central government by its very existence will strip away liberty. That's why they limited the power of government through the Constitution. Conservatives want to preserve the concepts of limited government and protect individual liberty.

Wrong backstory detail.

Tennessee has issued a non-citizen driver licence since 2001.

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/09/us/immigrants-in-tennessee-issued-certificates-to-drive.html

There was even pushback a month ago when they wanted to splash ALIEN across the top of it.

http://www.wavy.com/news/proposed-c...is-causing-immigration-controversy/1060969358

Someone in Tennessee would know this.

Just use one screen name bro.

It's a joke about Nashville traffic, Sherlock. Good grief.

Conservatives want to preserve the concepts of limited government and protect individual liberty.
Which of these concepts do preemptive war in Iraq, mass surveillance of citizens via the Patriot Act, brand new costly bureaucracies to enforce work requirements on Medicaid created by Bevin, or the incredibly expensive and wasteful war on drugs fall into?

Which of these concepts do preemptive war in Iraq, mass surveillance of citizens via the Patriot Act, brand new costly bureaucracies to enforce work requirements on Medicaid created by Bevin, or the incredibly expensive and wasteful war on drugs fall into?
Who said Bush was a conservative? If I recall, the discussion was not about Republicans and Democrats, but liberals and conservatives. Having an R by someone's name doesn't make them a conservative.

Bevin is not part of the Federal Government, so i'm not sure why anything he does is relevant. However, Medicaid is an example of government as caretaker and being intrusive, so whatever bureaucracies that are created to deal with it hardly make the person creating them liberal.

The war on drugs is also not a conservative pursuit and is not consistent with liberty. Laws should be in place, and are in place, to deal with people who infringe on other people's rights while on drugs, or in the pursuit of drugs. We should not care if a person uses drugs as long as they don't infringe on the rights of others in the process.

Just the same as when liberals claim they are anti big banks, boo to rich ppl, etc when neo liberals like obama and Hillary helped the rich get richer with crony capitalism, or when the Clinton's created severe crime reform that incarcerated high numbers of poc for petty offenses, or when barry deported more ppl than the last 19 presidents combined: look at these sob stories of poor guy getting separated from his family recently...look when the orders were signed and who signed them. But they sure did talk about feelings and caring so of course believe them.

Who said Bush was a conservative? If I recall, the discussion was not about Republicans and Democrats, but liberals and conservatives. Having an R by someone's name doesn't make them a conservative.

Bevin is not part of the Federal Government, so i'm not sure why anything he does is relevant. However, Medicaid is an example of government as caretaker and being intrusive, so whatever bureaucracies that are created to deal with it hardly make the person creating them liberal.

The war on drugs is also not a conservative pursuit and is not consistent with liberty. Laws should be in place, and are in place, to deal with people who infringe on other people's rights while on drugs, or in the pursuit of drugs. We should not care if a person uses drugs as long as they don't infringe on the rights of others in the process.
I agree with most of this. I've said this before but we need a true conservative, as you describe it, alternative. Both parties just use the levers of power to push their particular brand of big government bullshit. Neocons and neoliberals are almost indistinguishable, which leaves us bickering over social issues in a venomous culture war.

Last edited:
Reactions: JStaff2187
Get proven wrong deflect with joke or sarcasm defense. Liberals never own up to being wrong, always blaming it on something else. Stop partying bro.

Brodie, if you drove on these roads every day then you'd understand. Idiots with their faces in their phones while driving 70+ MPH. It infuriates me.

Hence the joke.

I experience that nonsense every day when I drive to school. Oh and when I arrive, according to you guys, I teach the students "liberal" math and science. The kind of stuff that makes (some of) you neanderthals think you can home-school your kids with proficiency.

SPEAKING OF SCHOOL...

I've been on spring break all week, my man. How's everything going with you and yours? Thank you again for your service to our country. Party on!

From the era when these were "dope"

iu

God, I love Raekwon. It wasn't until recently that I discovered the whole Snow Beach RL phase that he set off. Polo just re-released the line a couple months ago. Not that I actually care.

WAIT...

Has anybody here heard of the Lo-Life crew from NYC? We're talking the late 80's through the mid 90's. I'm sure they'd be a big hit in the "POLITICAL THREAD."

A lot of democrats hate Pruitt? That's a great endorsement for him staying.

Hit job. Manufactured outrage by radical environmentalists. The problem is Pruitt is damn good at his job, so far the most successful of the Trump cabinet. He's taken a sledgehammer to the Obama regulations which has help boost the economy, saved billions in the process, all the while still protecting the environment. The EPA is their weapon. They use it to pick winners and losers and punish business. They can't stand to see that crumble.

It's a joke about Nashville traffic, Sherlock. Good grief.

Brodie, if you drove on these roads every day then you'd understand. Idiots with their faces in their phones while driving 70+ MPH. It infuriates me.

Don't play dumb, bro. You were replying to a post about 1M illegals having driver's licenses in California. You were attempting to defend illegals having driver's licenses by putting down people in Nashville.

You assumed that since you were in Nashville the drivers you encountered just had to be legal citizens. Then you used that ignorant assumption as evidence to generalize and claim "all of them (illegals) drive better than the idiots I encounter in Nashville every day."

When, in fact, Nashville also allows illegals to obtain driver's licenses, so in reality those idiots you hate so much in Nashville could actually be illegals.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT