POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are you actually taking a stand for that piece of garbage "policeman" who killed a dude after pulling him over for a busted light? With a kid in the back seat?

I thought we all could agree that this cop was totally unfit for his position and that community lost a great person because of it.

What difference does it make why he was pulled over or who was with him? "oh, you have a gun? Well since you have a child in the back, just feeel free to grab it and hand it over to me"?

Follow the cop's instructions and he's alive to be such a great citizen, just like the girl he was with.

Reactions: Willy4UK
If students aren't tracked according to academic performance, starting at the late-middle school phase, then yeah I'd say lots of students suffer in HS when they're in the same class with low-performing students. My friends who didn't want to take AP/dual-credit courses said that their classes were a joke. Horrible behavior from students every day, teachers teaching to the lowest common denominator, it sounded horrible.

I think teaching could use more performance bonuses - I know a teacher from Texas who made an extra 10K one year because her kids' test scores were off-the-charts. That kind of stuff would motivate a good percentage of teachers to teach to their highest ability, every day.

IMO, what's making good teachers say "f*ck it* is the fact that the stakes have been raised in terms of responsibilities and expectations, but the pay doesn't correlate. I'm not whining about it, by the way. My scores are great and I only got into teaching for the time off, but I know that the stress of the job (any job!) can make a lot of people walk away if they aren't getting paid appropriately.

Remove the tenure protection. That would solve the whole issue. I can't think of another profession where you get blanket protection once you've been there a few years. It's ridiculous.

Trump had dinner with a friend last night? My god, what will this monster do next?

What a scoop!

He wasn't white. But I see no reason why it's of any significance

The calm, matter-of-fact tone was something to behold.

What was the general consensus around here when Philando Castille was murdered? That one hits home to me regardless of race, BLM, whatever. I'm still regretting watching the video.
That piece of shit who drove around smoking weed and drinking brandy with a child in the backseat was not murdered. He was shot in self defense.

Can't just link the damn video on mobile. This is extremely dangerous to our democracy.
Sinclair is known as a conservative media company. They also force local stations to play conservative opinion pieces. Actually, they have been doing this up here in NKY on WKRC 12. I've seen it 3 times at least. Because I knew Sinclair, owner of WKRC 12, was conservative, I thought this was some sort of local affiliate backlash to the corporate conservative overlords.

I guess they are trying to establish themselves as trustworthy with the audience?

Warrior,
I agree with probably 99% of what you post. As a former educator, I will use response to your post add a bit of factual information to this thread.

Teachers do, indeed, have a 185 day contract +/- a day or so. They are paid only for the days they work with the exception of 4 paid holidays per year. A new teacher, with a Bachelor's degree and no experience earns approximately $200 a day. That equates to a salary of $37000 per year. Not bad. They get no paid vacation days. At a rate of $200 per day, they would make around $50K if they worked "regular" jobs. The reality of the problem for people entering that profession is that "life" costs the same for a teacher making $200 per day as it does for any other person making $200 per day.
As a former administrator, I can tell you that any teacher that worked only when kids were present didn't make it to year #2. Likewise, teachers that didn't spend hours on weekends and during the summers didn't last long. Granted, in the old days, "good ole boy" administrators i.e...washed up coaches, back-slappers, etc... let some pretty poor people stay in the profession. While it may be going on today, it can't be as bad because stakes have risen so much. You can't be a good admin and be widely loved anymore (like in the old days).

There is a lot of deep seated resentment in the public for educators. Much of it is deserved: the coaches that should have been teaching but talked sports during math class,etc... The teachers that verbally abused kids, etc....Those people should never have been allowed in the profession.

I'm for a fair system that will attract the best and brightest to the profession. To do so, like someone offered, we need to make teaching a full-year job....and pay for a full year's work . That won't EVER happen because the public will never agree to fund it.
Respectfully,
ram

I am very pro-teacher (I subbed for a year some years ago) but I never have bought that "no paid vacation" bit. If they are not being paid for being off months during the summer, why are they not allowed to draw unemployment during the time they are off?

Meh not a fan of coordinated messages. But I think it's hilarious that NOW it's suddenly a concern. Not when msm was coordinating Dem talking points.

Both are actually wrong. Yet only one gets exposure

That was a very well put together, shocking video.

That will win 100% of the time over exposing a bunch of people on the Journolist.

I am very pro-teacher (I subbed for a year some years ago) but I never have bought that "no paid vacation" bit. If they are not being paid for being off months during the summer, why are they not allowed to draw unemployment during the time they are off?
Because they are employed and are not seeking employment. At the end of every year, say by around May 15 or so, they are given assurance of employment if they are going to have a job the next year. If they are being fired, then they would be eligible for unemployment. Have you ever drawn unemployment? I have and was told that if you are employed (teachers have a contract) and if you are not available to accept employment, you don't qualify.

They get ZERO paid vacation. They get paid for the 185 days they have on their contracts. Like I said, about $200 per day. Their salary is distributed on an annualized schedule. To look at it your way would mean they actually work 250 +/- days a year like everyone else thus earn a wage of about $150 per day. Granted, like in any profession, there are some who are not worth that. However, most are worth much more. If you paid the best $150 K, they'd be underpaid.

The left has an absurd amount of beta cucks in media and they all look the same- a shitty beard, glasses, balding and super weak.

Jared Yates Sexton epitomizes this. He’s the guy who constantly goes nuts about Trump and talks about toxic masculinity and even took his wife’s last name- I kid you not.

tertullian1-2x.jpg

London murder rate beats New York as stabbings surge.

London overtook New York in murders for the first time in modern history in February as the capital endured a dramatic surge in knife crime.

Fifteen people were murdered in the capital, against 14 in New York. Both cities have almost exactly the same population.

London murders for March are also likely to exceed or equal New York’s. By late last night there had been 22 killings in the capital, according to the Metropolitan police, against 21 in the US city......

eek.gif

We are what, 15 months into the presidency and the wall is no closer to being built than it was 2 years ago. I thought Mexico was funding it?

I’d assume Trump voters would be pissed about this. It was probably his biggest talking point during the campaign.

All of us want this. GD Republicans and Dem obstructionists are hellbent on it being business as usual.

We want a wall on the southern border to keep criminals out, Dem votes out and make it more difficult to get heroine in here. It’s sickening that this is not being done. All of us would pitch in to help make this happen. That’s how much we want it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT