POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Correct me if I’m wrong here, but the teachers don’t have to spend money out of pocket on supplies. They want to.
They don't want to spend their money. But they don't like watching their kids suffer because they dont have school supplies or winter clothes, or a ball to play with at recess. They get a budget of $250 for the year from the school, that doesn't go far with 30 kids. It's silly how much stuff the schools don't provide for teachers.

They don't want to spend their money. But they don't like watching their kids suffer because they dont have school supplies or winter clothes, or a ball to play with at recess. They get a budget of $250 for the year from the school, that doesn't go far with 30 kids. It's silly how much stuff the schools don't provide for teachers.
i doubt that. We have to send a ton of extra supplies in to school at the beginning of the year. For example 30 Glue sticks. It would take my daughter 10 years to use 30 Glue sticks. The reason is that we are supplying them for other students that can’t afford them because momma needs an iPhone X.

Last edited:
Schools these days are more anti military than in the past so, forget that BS. Money spent defending the country is just as important as any other issue. You want to get military spending down start with contractors and corrupt politicians but, keep the money flowing for the troops and equipment otherwise, I will oppose anything the left would propose.

I agree with pretty much all of this.

We're getting our asses kicked because the institution called education is horrible. It focuses on bringing the top down instead of the bottom up. For both students and teachers. Largely because of unions and consolidated federal control

Top students and teachers are held back to accommodate low performers. Not the other way around

If students aren't tracked according to academic performance, starting at the late-middle school phase, then yeah I'd say lots of students suffer in HS when they're in the same class with low-performing students. My friends who didn't want to take AP/dual-credit courses said that their classes were a joke. Horrible behavior from students every day, teachers teaching to the lowest common denominator, it sounded horrible.

I think teaching could use more performance bonuses - I know a teacher from Texas who made an extra 10K one year because her kids' test scores were off-the-charts. That kind of stuff would motivate a good percentage of teachers to teach to their highest ability, every day.

IMO, what's making good teachers say "f*ck it* is the fact that the stakes have been raised in terms of responsibilities and expectations, but the pay doesn't correlate. I'm not whining about it, by the way. My scores are great and I only got into teaching for the time off, but I know that the stress of the job (any job!) can make a lot of people walk away if they aren't getting paid appropriately.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
i doubt that. We have to send a ton of extra supplies in to school at the beginning of the year. For example 30 Glue sticks. It would take my daughter 10 years to use 30 Glue sticks. The reason is that we are supplying them for other students that can’t afford them because momma needs an iPhone X.
Every year my wife gets a list from the school of what is required for my daughter and the amount on each item is well over the amount she would use that year and others.

Reactions: Pelosigalore
Man, for a teacher you have terrible reading comprehension

I didn't say I was anti teacher. I'm anti people like YOU being a teacher. I don't care which way you vote, but people like you and welching fuzzy nuts are the exact type of people who are ruining the education system.

You can't just teach. You have to attempt to indoctrinate. Instead of history you're teaching white guilt. You're the type that's saying math is racist. You're shoving climate change down their throats. You more than likely have bashed Trump to your class multiple times.

No, you're not a teacher. You found the only job that forced kids to listen to whatever you say. It's your way of having power. You couldn't succeed in a job where you have to communicate with adults and maybe even sell.. no, you have to have the threat of failing or detention to get your power.

It's your type that I'm anti. Forcing classes to have transition parties for the 8 year oldboy who wants to be a girl this week.

Liberals shouldn't be allowed within a mile from schools. Somehow, you effers have taken them over. No wonder teen suicide and depression is up 20 and 40% since 2012.

It's absurd. You assholes have taken over education and media. The 2 careers that shape the minds of our young and our less bright.

So yeah.. I'm anti political indoctrinating liberal douches... not anti teacher

Take it easy, pumpkin. Take deeeeeep breaths...calm down, it's okay...there, there. *pats you on the back*

Who hurt you?

I teach kids math and science. You know, how the world operates outside of the influence of religion and politics. Stuff like photosynthesis. Exponents. Types of rocks. The freaking Pythagorean Theorem.

I know better than to talk about politics in a classroom. I also haven't written a single referral this year. Teaching is easy if you're good at it, dude.

LOL @ me becoming a teacher so that I can have "power."

I get on a stage and play music for hundreds and hundreds of people every other weekend. That's how I get my kicks. I got into teaching so that I can spend all this time off (I'm officially on spring break now) buying records and getting blasted.

Do you even party, bro?

This thread has become almost unbearable with all these Parkland Student tweets, etc. When did grown ass adults become so obsessed with what a 17 year old brat has to say???

Can’t even imagine how annoyed you get when half or more of catsillustrated is obsessing over what school a 17-18 year old is going to choose in basketball or football...

A majority of the posts here about any of those Parkland kids is based, not on any obsession of what they are thinking and saying, but instead of the ridiculous megaphone 9/10s of the media has given them, the advocacy of said media, etc.

A continued commentary by the posters here who are right of center politically is the constant hypocrisy and double standard by the vast majority of our media which leans obviously leftward. There are many examples of this in the ongoing Parkland story that highlight and illuminate just that.

For the past few weeks anybody who follows the news closely, whether it be print media, social media, or Sunday panel shows has seen/had to listen to the things Hogg and the others were saying. This is a political/what’s going on in the news forum, so it’s inevitable you would see many posts about it here including silly memes which is always the case here with any big story.

Most here want their 15 minutes of fame to already be over, but until the media keeps putting them on every news show you will probably see some posts here about it.

Weird seeing on the news stories about how tensions between the US and Russia are as high as they've been since the Cold War.

I thought we have been getting told for over 2 years that Trump was Putins puppet? How can this be happening?

29873180_1695652987147944_7255902701113397826_o.jpg

That is one crazy ass video.
NO,NO,NO. If he was black he would NOT have been shot. If that were true there would be 500 shot everyday. EVERY day the cops deal with idiots like this. Every once in while, one gets shot. That particular cop should be put on desk duty because he DIDN'T shoot idiot the first time he jumped up and especially since he let him chase him and then get in his car.

We don't have a shortage of people. We can kill them at will and still have sane people left over.

NO,NO,NO. If he was black he would NOT have been shot. If that were true there would be 500 shot everyday. EVERY day the cops deal with idiots like this. Every once in while, one gets shot. That particular cop should be put on desk duty because he DIDN'T shoot idiot the first time he jumped up and especially since he let him chase him and then get in his car.

We don't have a shortage of people. We can kill them at will and still have sane people left over.

I wasn’t agreeing with anything being said about/during video...just posted it cause of the craziness of it.

Reactions: ymmot31
They did finally shoot the guys in that video? Or those people are saying if someone can do something that outrageous and justifying being shot, and the cops show restraint, no one should ever be shot?

I wasn’t agreeing with anything being said about/during video...just posted it cause of the craziness of it.
Sorry, I was referring to the voice at the end of the video that said if he was black he'd be dead.

Reactions: WKBlu
Sorry, I was referring to the voice at the end of the video that said if he was black he'd be dead.

The calm, matter-of-fact tone was something to behold.

What was the general consensus around here when Philando Castille was murdered? That one hits home to me regardless of race, BLM, whatever. I'm still regretting watching the video.

The calm, matter-of-fact tone was something to behold.

What was the general consensus around here when Philando Castille was murdered? That one hits home to me regardless of race, BLM, whatever. I'm still regretting watching the video.

Murder? He was never charged with murder and acquitted of all charges.

I can't speak for someone else but I know if a cop tells me to not reach for a gun, you probably shouldn't do it. Maybe people "should" watch that video as what not to do when being questioned by an officer.

Murder? He was never charged with murder and acquitted of all charges.

I can't speak for someone else but I know if a cop tells me to not reach for a gun, you probably shouldn't do it. Maybe people "should" watch that video as what not to do when being questioned by an officer.

Are you actually taking a stand for that piece of garbage "policeman" who killed a dude after pulling him over for a busted light? With a kid in the back seat?

I thought we all could agree that this cop was totally unfit for his position and that community lost a great person because of it.

Reactions: rudd1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT