How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fake news.

Brookfield, Wis. (July 18, 2017) – The rate of cremation in the United States is at an all-time high and surpassed the rate of burial for the second year in a row according to the National Funeral Directors Association’s (NFDA) 2017 Cremation and Burial Report. The annual report found that 50.2 percent of Americans chose cremation in 2016, up from 48.5 percent in 2015, while 43.5 percent of Americans opted for burial, down from 45.4 percent in 2015.
2 or 3 thousand dollars vs 10 or 12 thousand dollars is probably the reason. The Obama economy was killing us. [devil]

I agree with most of this. The one exception I take is the video games, music, entertainment etc. The notion that what influences our emotions the most, music and general entertainment, have no negative impact on a mentally ill child is bogus and I've never believed in the (liberal) argument that it has no merit. That started being a combative point of debate when one of their main constituency made music with violent themes.
If you're a progressive, you cant take on the violence in your bases entertainment and music if you want to continue the pandering of the grievance lobby. So they pretend it has no role.

But take Columbine for example, those kids played out a fantasy from their favorite movie "Natural Born Killers" and video game "Doom". They even went so far as to use their favorite gun from Doom. They cited the movie on their T-shirts while they blew up the school.

I'm not saying they wouldn't have done it had they not had those movies or games, I'm just saying in the mind of a child who is homicidal and suicidal, those factors are taken way too lightly.

Violent entertainment absolutely has an impact on it but people get so offended at the concept because they love video games.

First, I don’t give a shit if you play games and haven’t killed someone. Not everything affects people the same. You’re not unstable then, obviously. (Not talking to Morg-just general).

Is it not odd that school shootings are more common now? Did guns start magically becoming available? Isn’t it weird that these shootings were very rare before the 80s/90s? Hey, what changed in society during this time? Entertainment, movies and video games became more violent. Kids are desensitized to it.

The idea that someone on psych drugs isn’t affected by mass consumption of violence is ridiculous.

And it needs to be pointed out that the 24/7 news cycle and sensationalizing this shit only motivates psychos wanting to make a name for themselves.

Reactions: morgousky

Oh, I 100 percent believe this. The irrational explanations, the refusal to allow anyone to disagree, the worshipping of people for their cause, the venemous hate toward those who dare to not go along.

There’s probably not much difference between a Muslim when they hear Islam being criticized and a leftist being disagreed with. Both result in meltdowns.

Violent entertainment absolutely has an impact on it but people get so offended at the concept because they love video games.

First, I don’t give a shit if you play games and haven’t killed someone. Not everything affects people the same. You’re not unstable then, obviously. (Not talking to Morg-just general).

Is it not odd that school shootings are more common now? Did guns start magically becoming available? Isn’t it weird that these shootings were very rare before the 80s/90s? Hey, what changed in society during this time? Entertainment, movies and video games became more violent. Kids are desensitized to it.

The idea that someone on psych drugs isn’t affected by mass consumption of violence is ridiculous.

And it needs to be pointed out that the 24/7 news cycle and sensationalizing this shit only motivates psychos wanting to make a name for themselves.

I disagree with you. I think people like Cruz are loaners, outcasts they resent not being accepted and lash out. They want attention they want to get back at society for what they think they should have. I think more than movies video games it is social media, facebook twitter causing some individuals to stew with anger alone and then just snap. All it took is one school shooting and then people continue to copycat it.

It also doesn't help that law enforcement does such a piss poor job of preventing these. They do a great job at having "them on the radar" and then just watch them. Literally our FBI is like the bank commercial where the guy says"oh I just tell you there is a crime happening"...... The Florida shooting was so predictable that citizens actually had to warn law enforcement just to get it off their conscience b/c they knew that Cruz was going to do this.

That's just my opinion

Social media, the internet and the inability to have an escape coupled with the glorification of some of these shooters has far more to do with it than video games, I'd suspect.

If you're going to shoot up a school, you were a psycho to begin with. Plenty of kids in this world were bullied or loners and grew up to be fine. Or at least didn't shoot up a school.

Reactions: JohnKBA
The only thing I can't do as a non citizen is vote. That's not worth me renouncing loyalty to Canada. Plus, Canadians are very well liked pretty much anywhere. My CDN passport is a nice thing to carry around when I'm abroad. Don't get me wrong, the US has provided me great opportunities that I'd never had if I'd stayed in my hometown and I'm thankful for those. I'll always be a Canuck at heart though.

Fair enough, I assumed you could maintain dual citizenship.

I mentioned all of those things as contributing factors. But school shootings were happening before social media took off.

I’m saying that being able to kill innocent people, shoot up an airport & murder prostitutes in video games may desensitize kids to the impact of such actions.

On a semi related note, get a kid to watch the Texas Chainsaw Massacre or horror movies from the 70s and 80s and I bet they don’t bat an eye compared to what they have consumed today. Why is that? Something changed.

There’s a lot of factors but I doubt using video games as a manual and fantasy to kill people certainly isn’t beneficial. I’m not saying get rid of them, I’m just saying that yeah, I think it has a negative impact on the mind.

I think you can if you want to - Canada doesn't "revoke" your citizenship if you become a US citizen, but the renouncing loyalty part was too much for me.

Dual Citizenship can be very confusing. I have a cousin that currently lives in Singapore. She lived in China for the last 15 years or so. Both of her kids were born in Hong Kong because at the time, if you were born in Hong Kong you could be a dual citizen of China and the United States. If the kids were born in Shanghai they couldn't :\

Oh, I 100 percent believe this. The irrational explanations, the refusal to allow anyone to disagree, the worshipping of people for their cause, the venemous hate toward those who dare to not go along.

There’s probably not much difference between a Muslim when they hear Islam being criticized and a leftist being disagreed with. Both result in meltdowns.

Following up on this, why is religion a protected class but political views aren’t in terms of hate crimes and work force? Not a lot of difference in your philosophy for faith and socia/political issues.

Because Mueller was given the authority to look into pretty much anything. A special prosecutor basically has no restrictions. That is by design, they dig up very old shit on people so they get them to flip on the good stuff. All his lawsuits and files for dismissal have been thrown out and his new ones will be as well. What it will do is just make the judge more pissed off at manafort than he already is. The only way he doesn't go to prison is if he flips on Trump or gets a pardon.

Watch and see. You just showed you have no knowledge on the matter. Per the appointments clause.. only Jeff sessions has the authority. Rod rosenstein was given the authority to appoint on matters that sessions has recused himself from. That's it. Nothing more. I repeat, rosenstein doesn't have the authority to just grant Willy nilly prosecutorial powers to anyone he wants. Period

They're supposed to have very limited authority. To only investigate a narrow issue. But that's not what happened here. He was given blanket authority.

That's why sessions should be fired. He knew what he was doing when he recused.

He thinks he has the authority. I'm telling ya, manafort case will be thrown out. It may ge t picked back up by sessions(or someone else if sessions recused himself)

29571219_2081481052069799_6249001132494741293_n.jpg

Will Farrell and other libs are deleting their Facebook accounts. His reason:

"I know I am not alone when I say that I was very disturbed to hear about Cambridge Analytica's misuse of millions of Facebook users' information in order to undermine our democracy and infringe on our citizens' privacy,"..."I can no longer, in good conscience, use the services of a company that allowed the spread of propaganda and directly aimed it at those most vulnerable,"
Ferrell wrote in a Facebook post.

Funny that he didn't have a problem with Facebook giving that same information to the Obama campaign for its benefit. It only "undermines our democracy" when the data is used to aid a non-lib dem candidate.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/29/com...-he-cant-in-good-conscience-use-facebook.html

Last edited:
Watch and see. You just showed you have no knowledge on the matter. Per the appointments clause.. only Jeff sessions has the authority. Rod rosenstein was given the authority to appoint on matters that sessions has recused himself from. That's it. Nothing more. I repeat, rosenstein doesn't have the authority to just grant Willy nilly prosecutorial powers to anyone he wants. Period

He thinks he has the authority. I'm telling ya, manafort case will be thrown out. It may ge t picked back up by sessions(or someone else if sessions recused himself)
Sessions made Rodenstein the acting AG by recusing and that gave him the full powers of the AG office, not your made up limitations. He gave Mueller the power to prosecute "any links and/or coordination between Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump, and any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation" His case is not getting thrown out and if it did it would just get handed off to the FBI and he's right back in prison.

Sessions made Rodenstein the acting AG by recusing and that gave him the full powers of the AG office, not your made up limitations. He gave Mueller the power to prosecute "any links and/or coordination between Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump, and any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation" His case is not getting thrown out and if it did it would just get handed off to the FBI and he's right back in prison.

What on earth are you quoting?

Oh, I see now, it was Rosenstein's statement.

I have never actually read Sessions' statement, but it is interesting. I wonder how many of the "senior career Department officials" were involved with all the treason goin on in the Obama administration.

“During the course of the confirmation proceedings on my nomination to be Attorney General, I advised the Senate Judiciary Committee that ‘f a specific matter arose where I believed my impartiality might reasonably be questioned, I would consult with Department ethics officials regarding the most appropriate way to proceed.’

“During the course of the last several weeks, I have met with the relevant senior career Department officials to discuss whether I should recuse myself from any matters arising from the campaigns for President of the United States.

“Having concluded those meetings today, I have decided to recuse myself from any existing or future investigations of any matters related in any way to the campaigns for President of the United States.

“I have taken no actions regarding any such matters, to the extent they exist.

“This announcement should not be interpreted as confirmation of the existence of any investigation or suggestive of the scope of any such investigation.

“Consistent with the succession order for the Department of Justice, Acting Deputy Attorney General and U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia Dana Boente shall act as and perform the functions of the Attorney General with respect to any matters from which I have recused myself to the extent they exist.”

Will Farrell and other libs are deleting their Facebook accounts. His reason:

"I know I am not alone when I say that I was very disturbed to hear about Cambridge Analytica's misuse of millions of Facebook users' information in order to undermine our democracy and infringe on our citizens' privacy,"..."I can no longer, in good conscience, use the services of a company that allowed the spread of propaganda and directly aimed it at those most vulnerable,"
Ferrell wrote in a Facebook post.

Funny that he didn't have a problem with Facebook giving that same information to the Obama campaign for its benefit. It only "undermines our democracy" when the data is used to aid a non-lib dem candidate.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/29/com...-he-cant-in-good-conscience-use-facebook.html
This is the best possible scenario: libs leaving Facebook and other forms of social media.

#libexit

I love how every time facts are brought into one of these discussions @PhattyJ4UK is proven wrong. This AG recusal stuff being the latest. Stick to shit posting buddy!

So far, I've read this:

https://lawandcrime.com/opinion/con...ns-dismiss-robert-mueller-non-campaign-cases/

Which seems a little more thought out than this:

You may be confused, as I was initially. I'm not an English language expert, but saying "Sessions made" and starting the next sentence with "he gave" and following that with a long quote, almost makes one think Sessions is the person being quoted, not Rosenstein. Not sure how that in any way addresses the point that's being made.

What happens if Rosenstein decides the DOJ will no longer prosecute any marijuana cases since Rosenstein is the acting AG with full powers of the AG office?

The statement you just quoted. "shall act as and perform the functions of the Attorney General"

Why did you leave part of the quote out?

shall act as and perform the functions of the Attorney General with respect to any matters from which I have recused myself to the extent they exist

Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
I have decided to recuse myself from any existing or future investigations of any matters related in any way to the campaigns for President of the United States.

shall act as and perform the functions of the Attorney General with respect to any matters from which I have recused myself to the extent they exist

Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
So far, I've read this:

https://lawandcrime.com/opinion/con...ns-dismiss-robert-mueller-non-campaign-cases/

Which seems a little more thought out than this:

You may be confused, as I was initially. I'm not an English language expert, but saying "Sessions made" and starting the next sentence with "he gave" and following that with a long quote, almost makes one think Sessions is the person being quoted, not Rosenstein. Not sure how that in any way addresses the point that's being made.
The article itself says that only Sessions can step in to try and reign back Meuller. He has not done that and isn't going to do that so Manafort is SOL. Meuller has as much power as he wants because the AG has allowed it. And now Gates has been directly linked with a Russian spy that was involved in the election and also involved in the Ukraine corruption that Gates & Manafort are being charged with. So that now directly links the Manafort charges to the election investigation so he can easily argue to a judge that its not outside his scope.

You can't give the full powers of the attorney general you twit.

AGAIN...SESSIONS CAN ONLY GIVE AUTHORITY TO PROSECUTE THINGS HES SPECIFICALLY RECUSED HIMSELF FROM.

You think sessions can just give you whatever powers he wants ? That's why they have to be confirmed. Rosenstein was never confirmed. God damn, it's like fricken school children.

I love how every time facts are brought into one of these discussions @PhattyJ4UK is proven wrong. This AG recusal stuff being the latest. Stick to shit posting buddy!

Why did you leave part of the quote out?

I have decided to recuse myself from any existing or future investigations of any matters related in any way to the campaigns for President of the United States.

Lol.

Selective editing by platinum and then his butt buddy dinosaur tries to rescue him.

You're wrong

The case will be thrown out.

It's literally spelled out in the appointments clause.

Sessions is waiting for a judge to order it so that it sets precedent if Mueller tries the same cockanami bullshit with Trump.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT