POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thank god Eric Holder only gave Mexican drug cartels weapons and didn't sign over the full power of the US AG to them. That would have been crazy.

And shit, since Rosenstein has the full power of the AG, what if he just assigns the full power of the AG to someone? Then shit, that person can sign it over. Damn, we're going to have all sorts of full powered AGs.

You can't give the full powers of the attorney general you twit.

AGAIN...SESSIONS CAN ONLY GIVE AUTHORITY TO PROSECUTE THINGS HES SPECIFICALLY RECUSED HIMSELF FROM.

You think sessions can just give you whatever powers he wants ? That's why they have to be confirmed. Rosenstein was never confirmed. God damn, it's like fricken school children.
[jumpingsmile] ...............you said twit.

Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
Laura shouldn't have apologized to him. David is a POS smug little brat.

Ingraham is one of the few talking heads on either side that I actually like - but she's got this bad habit of making dumb comments on Twitter and then walking them back and inviting the people onto her show. Probably better to lay off completely than to end up looking weak after the fact.

You guys are dumb as shit. When the AG stops being the AG then the deputy AG assumes all his powers. Dana originally had the powers and then she was fired and Rodenstein took her place and assumed the AG powers. By recusing himself Sessions granted the Deputy AG (by law you morons) his power. Sessions recused himself from ANYTHING having to do with Russia because he lied on his security clearance about Russian contacts and was involved with them during the campaign. Manafort and Gates were working with a RUSSIAN spy in Ukraine to prop up their candidates and taking money from the kremlin to do it that they tried to hide. That same RUSSIAN spy was involved with Gates, who flipped on Manafort, during the 2016 election. So it is all within Muellers scope even with your stupid arguments.

You guys are dumb as shit. When the AG stops being the AG then the deputy AG assumes all his powers. Dana originally had the powers and then she was fired and Rodenstein took her place and assumed the AG powers. By recusing himself Sessions granted the Deputy AG (by law you morons) his power. Sessions recused himself from ANYTHING having to do with Russia because he lied on his security clearance about Russian contacts and was involved with them during the campaign. Manafort and Gates were working with a RUSSIAN spy in Ukraine to prop up their candidates and taking money from the kremlin to do it that they tried to hide. That same RUSSIAN spy was involved with Gates, who flipped on Manafort, during the 2016 election. So it is all within Muellers scope even with your stupid arguments.

This reads like a goddam George R.R. Martin novel. And is just as fictional.

You guys are dumb as shit. .
29542226_1943099555734179_2668580575528831442_n.jpg

Michelle's big ol' penis

Reactions: Bill Cosby

Haha White women who voted for Trump did so cause they felt inadequate...they looked at Hillary and said ‘how can someone be so educated’. These takes just keeping getting better.

I love when celebrities, some of whom didn't finish high school, denigrate the intelligence of us common folk when discussing politics. Does wonders for their cause.

So the dismissal argument is that Rosenstein as Acting AG only has jurisdiction on matters which Sessions has recused himself from, correct? His recusal statement was:

“Having concluded those meetings today, I have decided to recuse myself from any existing or future investigations of any matters related in any way to the campaigns for President of the United States."

So wouldn't anything related to Manafort be covered under this because he was a part of Trump's campaign?

That's without involving the "(ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation" supposed overreach.

The cost of imprisoning each of California’s 130,000 inmates is expected to reach a record $75,560 in the next year - LATimes

Reactions: screwduke1
So wouldn't anything related to Manafort be covered under this because he was a part of Trump's campaign?

Great question. Manafort's lawyers seem to think the answer is "no" and have filed a motion with the court so it can answer the question.

muh the facts

Glad you guys are now on the same page.

I will chalk that up as a victory today and sign off before you guys start talking about the AG assigning his power to Warren Buffett to mass produce suitcase nukes again.

@Bill Cosby

What if sessions assigned former president j. Edgar hoover and SCJ scalise to become not attorney general..but president.

Wait... couldn't Mueller just appoint Obama back to presidency?

Lol, I'm glad you were able to pick up on this.. it's just asinine to think Mueller has the same power as sessions..

Are you of the same opinion as me that manafort will win his motion to dismiss? Or, I don't know if its possible but at the least, the judge will need to tell them he needs a prosecutor with jurisdiction on the matter to continue forward?

So the dismissal argument is that Rosenstein as Acting AG only has jurisdiction on matters which Sessions has recused himself from, correct? His recusal statement was:

“Having concluded those meetings today, I have decided to recuse myself from any existing or future investigations of any matters related in any way to the campaigns for President of the United States."

That's without involving the "(ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation" supposed overreach.

Do you know what hes charged with and from when?

It wasn't election related.

That question you asked would be like asking if Barack Obama could be charged by Mueller because his office was what the election was for.

Do you know what hes charged with and from when?

It wasn't election related.

That question you asked would be like asking if Barack Obama could be charged by Mueller because his office was what the election was for.
A more apt analogy would be asking if Sessions's recusal covers say anything to do with Bernie Sanders or Ben Carson because they also had campaigns for the President of the United States. Obama wasn't campaigning. Having read the motion to dismiss though it's all about Mueller not stating Manafort had Russian ties. Where does Sessions's recusal mention Russia at all?

@Bill Cosby
Are you of the same opinion as me that manafort will win his motion to dismiss? Or, I don't know if its possible but at the least, the judge will need to tell them he needs a prosecutor with jurisdiction on the matter to continue forward?

I'm of zero opinion at all on the actual merits.

I am of the opinion that anyone who says "muh fact you dumb fact say" when there is currently a motion pending on the issue, filed by high priced attorneys who would be subject to sanctions for filing completely baseless motions, is an idiot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT