POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Absolutely amazed that Cruz is leading. I get the Christian thing but most people do not like the guy.

BTW, there's gonna be record turnout this year. Dems aren't winning this regardless of their nominee is.

I'm not shocked about Cruz especially after reading about his mail or piece he sent out. I am slightly surprised by Rubio, but that's because he comes off as a "but what about me" type mixed in with a little "I know you are but what am I" type. Just rubs me wrong.

Bernie only down 1 pt.........please please please pull this out!

Thanks for regurgitating something I discussed at length just this past weekend. Good job! Good effort!

While we're on the topic of things I said earlier in this thread:
Whoa, calm down killer. No need to get so hyped. Obviously I touched a nerve. You made a definitive statement with no real truth, and I merely inserted a graph, to which you got crazy.

To be honest, I don't read most of your stuff, so no clue why you posted the quotes as it has nothing to do with it.

I'd say good job, good effort, but it wasn't. Just lazy thinking.

Perhaps more tit pics in your avatar for attention?

Young, attractive, articulate, Latino. Will appeal to more different groups than any of the Rs. Most importantly, the left & media will have a much more difficult time making Rubio the villain. That's especially true relative to Trump and Cruz - each of whom are almost self-vilifying.....

Of the top 4 Republicans, you have two Latinos and a black guy. The Dems have 2 old white people standing alone. Will anyone notice? Doesn't fit the narrative.

Whoa, calm down killer. No need to get so hyped. Obviously I touched a nerve. You made a definitive statement with no real truth, and I merely inserted a graph, to which you got crazy.

To be honest, I don't read most of your stuff, so no clue why you posted the quotes as it has nothing to do with it.

I'd say good job, good effort, but it wasn't. Just lazy thinking.

Perhaps more tit pics in your avatar for attention?
the statement that Jeb is "delusional" isn't without truth? Please, tell me more. Perhaps a few citations from Scholastic will bolster your case.

the statement that Jeb is "delusional" isn't without truth? Please, tell me more. Perhaps a few citations from Scholastic will bolster your case.
It's not about reading level, so that Scholastic wouldn't work. Shocked I had to explain that to you. I'll just add it to the list of things you don't understand. But like I said, I don't really read your posts, so maybe there is a whole bunch on the list.

It's ok buddy, bring back the tit pic avatars, you need at least some positive attention.

Honestly, Hiliary. I think she is absolutely going to face indictment and if she was the general election candidate the dems would be done for!

At this point even Obama seems to realize it's more about when it happens as opposed to if.

Bernie legit scares me though. Too many political idiots have a right to vote and he could rally big time if the wrong republican is the nominee.

Personally I think Rubio is easily picked apart and goes full on crybaby. Maybe that's just me!

I just want these few things.

1. Get immigration under control. Actually protect our effing borders instead of letting us be invaded and taken over.

2. Get spending under control. The last two presidents have spent out of control and Obama has been a total disaster.

3. Do everything you can to limit this PC nonsense that has plagued us. No more division, no more crying and pushing a victim mentality.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phil_The_Music
Young, attractive, articulate, Latino. Will appeal to more different groups than any of the Rs. Most importantly, the left & media will have a much more difficult time making Rubio the villain. That's especially true relative to Trump and Cruz - each of whom are almost self-vilifying.....

Of the top 4 Republicans, you have two Latinos and a black guy. The Dems have 2 old white people standing alone. Will anyone notice? Doesn't fit the narrative.

Problem with that is typically conservatives could careless about appearance. Maybe that helps pull in some younger folks, but Rubio has a babyface that most 40+ year olds will feel as if they are voting for a child. Add in the fact that I'm not sold on how conservative Rubio truly is and you have a candidate that could just as easily fall apart and start going wherever the winds blows as far as policy.

If you were creating a Conservative that could win, on the surface Rubio seems like an ideal guy to garner appeal. However, it's only when you start to really look closer and see his policies and his backers, then you see it's a mirage.

It would be nice if we could have someone that was young like Rubio, could speak like Rubio but actually be a conservative. Cruz and Trump have good things about them but they're just very flawed.

I just want these few things.

1. Get immogration under control. Actually protect our effing borders instead of letting us be invaded and taken over.

2. Get spending under control. The last two presidents have spent out of control and Obama has been a total disaster.

3. Do everything you can to limit this PC nonsense that has plagued us. No more division, no more crying and pushing a victim mentality.

Rubio's lifetime rating by the American Conservative Union is 98. Ted Cruz has a rating of 100. If we've gotten to the point of demanding ideological purity 100% of the time, that's a dead end road. He's very conservative.....

Honestly, Hiliary. I think she is absolutely going to face indictment and if she was the general election candidate the dems would be done for!

At this point even Obama seems to realize it's more about when it happens as opposed to if.

Bernie legit scares me though. Too many political idiots have a right to vote and he could rally big time if the wrong republican is the nominee.

Personally I think Rubio is easily picked apart and goes full on crybaby. Maybe that's just me!
I just don't see any way Bernie wins the national election. He's too scary for too many voters. Sure the young crowd digs him, and Iowa results are interesting, but it's not like those results are indicative of his campaign. People love free stuff, but no way in the general.

Rubio seems weak. Cruz seems like the most complete candidate.

It's not about reading level, so that Scholastic wouldn't work. Shocked I had to explain that to you. I'll just add it to the list of things you don't understand. But like I said, I don't really read your posts, so maybe there is a whole bunch on the list.

It's ok buddy, bring back the tit pic avatars, you need at least some positive attention.
"No, you were actually correct with your assessment of Jeb!'s doomed candidacy." It's not that difficult, you can do this! I believe in you!

It doesn't matter who gets elected. We live in an oligarchy. Without drastic changes things are going to continue to worsen.

"No, you were actually correct with your assessment of Jeb!'s doomed candidacy." It's not that difficult, you can do this! I believe in you!
You made a statement based off correlation not causation relating Iowa caucus results to Jebs campaign. I merely posted a graph, indicating correlation not causation. He probably is done, but it's not definitive based on Iowa.

You then try and use citing scholastic, which rates text book reading levels, as in insult. Which it wasn't.

2 things over your head. Then you want to act like I don't get it? This is the exact reason you had tit pics as your avatar on rafters for years. Katie the bow hunter?

Now maybe your quoting one of your other posts, which I assume most don't read, so who knows. But we're done here, not really interested in a back and forth with a guy who can't keep up. Back to ignore again.

At least you can hang your head high on posting half nude pics on the Internet.

No, I wasn't referencing winning/losing the caucuses. I was referencing the absolute mountain of cash that Jeb spent on those caucuses and the (lack of results) he got. His campaign is simply not viable if that's the type of money he has to spend in order to get those types of numbers in Iowa-like primaries. There simply isn't enough money out there.

I just don't see any way Bernie wins the national election. He's too scary for too many voters. Sure the young crowd digs him, and Iowa results are interesting, but it's not like those results are indicative of his campaign. People love free stuff, but no way in the general.

Rubio seems weak. Cruz seems like the most complete candidate.

I get confused by your posts and honestly not sure which way you lean. That said Bernie motivates a lot of people that usually sit out the election. Add to that if he is the candidate he will get a lot of "I just vote democrat" crowd supporting him just cause like they do Hiliary now.

He has managed to not just split Iowa but realistically split the polls too. IF the wrong candidate wins the Republican nominee Bernie could take it. I don't like it but I see the movement of the country right now and it's very 3rd world scary!

As far as Rubio, Cruz and Trump. I have spoke on Rubio and his inconsistent issues, but Cruz just comes off as holier than everyone prick that just knows he knows what's best for all of us despite not having a clue. Trump is Trump and I'd love to watch him on TV just make an ass of himself and the idea that the president is important, but he has to have the right VP for me to truly trust him. I'd be fine if it was Rand Paul but if not I'm not sure who fits the bill.

With the promise of putting people in the right places and delegating as much as possible makes me want to believe trump, and then I think about is time in WWE and wonder just WTF he is even doing!

Watching FoxNews would make you believe Trump lost the nomination. Must still be butt hurt over him skipping their debate. Rubio is just the Republican's version of Obama. Minority, inexperienced, no real resume to speak of, a puppet to their donors and lobbyists. Cannot see him having the guts and knowledge it will take to fix this country. If he is the only one left in the general to choose from then he gets my vote because he is infinitely better than what the Dems are putting out.

Reactions: drawing_dead
I get the same "there's not a genuine authentic bone in his body, everything is a photo op" vibe from Cruz that I always got from Bill Clinton. But Clinton at least seemed like he'd be cool to talk to.....

Reactions: Big_Blue79
Did you have a point Salato? Has anyone said Bush did not misuse EOs? The point was quantity is not an argument. You guys get so sensitive when BO gets criticized yet never specifically address his use.

And your point comes to that it was OK for Bush to squash your liberties, muddy any transparency in office and go to war.
BUT DON'T MESS WITH MY GUNS!

EO was never meant to circumvent Congressial approval and amending the interpretation of existing law. In which POTUS from both parties have been guilty of.

And I don't care about BO being criticized, he's way over his head for the office.. When he leaves the US will have 16 continuous years of poor leadership and looking to be 4 more years with this upcoming election.

Last edited:
Seriously, Hillary is one of the most disgusting power whores in a long line of them. She just so desperately wants to be President, just to be President. My god, makes me sick that these goddamn goons are all we have to choose from.

Looks like ol' Transy will be staying at the house again this election day

Yep that is the best thing to do if your not sure which idiot is best.

Sadly with more time going by I am seeing the candidates for what they are. Bernie is truly the most honest at this point. I hate what he is about, but I am 100% sure I know what he is about !

Reactions: Big_Blue79
I get confused by your posts and honestly not sure which way you lean. That said Bernie motivates a lot of people that usually sit out the election. Add to that if he is the candidate he will get a lot of "I just vote democrat" crowd supporting him just cause like they do Hiliary now.

He has managed to not just split Iowa but realistically split the polls too. IF the wrong candidate wins the Republican nominee Bernie could take it. I don't like it but I see the movement of the country right now and it's very 3rd world scary!

As far as Rubio, Cruz and Trump. I have spoke on Rubio and his inconsistent issues, but Cruz just comes off as holier than everyone prick that just knows he knows what's best for all of us despite not having a clue. Trump is Trump and I'd love to watch him on TV just make an ass of himself and the idea that the president is important, but he has to have the right VP for me to truly trust him. I'd be fine if it was Rand Paul but if not I'm not sure who fits the bill.

With the promise of putting people in the right places and delegating as much as possible makes me want to believe trump, and then I think about is time in WWE and wonder just WTF he is even doing!

Isidewith.com ( probably a sham) says I'm centrist with left leanings. Kinda hate all of politicians, except local. Probably why Kasich is most appealing to me.

Think government should do certain things (roads, police, sewers, etc) but stay out of a lot of things. For certain social services, but not as long term solutions, which they have become. For gay marriage only in the fact government shouldn't be involved in religious ceremony, all marriages should just be civil unions in government eye. You want religious marriage, go to church. I'm for free expression of religion and anti government involvement (1st amendment) as long as it doesn't discriminate or break laws. Etc

I like Sanders approach that the whole system is corrupt. We need that. Same reason Trump appeals to people. However, while he advocates personal responsibility from Washington, his policies don't. I'm for certain social services, but not entire generations of people that feel entitled to free stuff.

Bernie doesn't get it. I genuinely think he's a Kennedy democrat in that he thinks public service comes first, but there was an advocation of volunteering, doing your part to contribute to the greater good. Now, a lot of people don't want to pay their fare share. So his intentions are good, but the entitlement we have as a culture is too strong for him to attack the way he's doing. Most people aren't radical. They just want shit to go right. Bernie is scary to people. Dukakis lite.

Trump is probably best when it comes to economic policy, but frightening when comes to domestic and foreign policy. Who knows. Missing something, besides being complete liar and fraud.

Rubio just looks young and inexperienced. Not sure what else.

Cruz looks like he actually has a game plan for how he's going to run his administration.

I really don't know much about Clinton. I really don't. Other then basic democrat stuff, no clue, other than her qualifications, which are impressive. Well, that whole fbi indictment is pretty bad, but just don't believe it's the smoking gun it's been played out to be.

Who the eff are the people voting for Hillary? Do you have no shame? Zero ethics from anyone who votes for her. It's either that or they're willfully ignorant.

I seriously cannot believe those two are the best the Dems could come up with.

Reactions: drawing_dead
Who the eff are the people voting for Hillary? Do you have no shame? Zero ethics from anyone who votes for her. It's either that or they're willfully ignorant.

I seriously cannot believe those two are the best the Dems could come up with.
I assume it's two groups: feminists and those that think we will return to the 1990s when Bill was president. I'm not saying that Bill was a good pres, but for the most part, times were good. I think that is what people see in her.

Also the hipster movement or whatever you call it where the special Ed kids keep getting elected king & queen of the prom. Let's be different.

The anti-establishment sentiment plus HRC's legal issues plus the Trump spectacle probably throws all historic trend analysis out the window. All the makings of historic shitshow.

And your point comes to that it was OK for Bush to squash your liberties, muddy any transparency in office and go to war.
BUT DON'T MESS WITH MY GUNS!

EO was never meant to circumvent Congressial approval and amending the interpretation of existing law. In which POTUS from both parties have been guilty of.

And I don't care about BO being criticized, he's way over his head for the office.. When he leaves the US will have 16 continuous years of poor leadership and looking to be 4 more years with this upcoming election.
You are just making things up to try, horribly, to make some point. If you want to discuss Bush's specific EOs post about them. But the fact you only pop in to regurgitate an msnbc talking point about EOs that is just false shows the last bold part is not true. The fact is he has used EOs on larger issues and into grayer areas than other presidents, and sadly set worse precedents of behavior.
The bigger issue is that he refuses to ever truly negotiate other than bullying from the pulpit to demonize the GOP and when they refuse to be intimidated he reverts to the pen. It is lazy and petulant. Say what you want about the many Bush mistakes but they all pretty much had significant Dem support.

Cruz seems like the most complete candidate.

The most important attribute, sadly, in our system is likeability. He is near the bottom there.

I will give Cruz points for one thing only, he did not bow to the corn lobby.

The most important attribute, sadly, in our system is likeability. He is near the bottom there.
which is why Rubio's last minute rise was zero surprise for me. He will roll to the GOP nom from here. And GTFO with this 'RINO' nonsense labeling him, Rubio as the GOP nomination is far more conservative than any nominee on our side since Reagan. Just 6 years ago the freaking RINO establishment tried to crush him so they could get their favorite guy to win the FL senate - Charlie freaking Crist.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT