POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
and yet 76% of Republicans absolutely loved NAFTA enough to vote for it.

Just like President Wilson brought on debt to Americans thru the fed Reserve, his main ally in that push came from Nelson Aldrich, a Republican who pushed the fed reserve act through Congress.

Both parties have caused every problem that we face, yet everyone keeps voting them in. hahaha That's insanity.

Its what we'll continue to get until we get real campaign finance reform. Our politicians have been bought and paid for. This election cycle is more of the same, with the exception of Trump.

Not sure about you Q...but that sounds pretty damn close to universal health care to me.

The point, which you missed and now are ratholing like you always do....is that he has been all over the board. Said no to single payer and said it would be private now back at universal. That is the simple GD point.

As to the original question, I am marking you down as "too insufferable to tell".

One unforgotten piece of the healthcare puzzle is the role of the hospital. Most of these hospitals get tax exempt status because theyre supposedly treating those who cant afford it. Yet we know good and well that doesnt happen. Theyre getting the benefit of tax exemption with none of the burden.

Any candidates going to go after campaign financing?

Doubt any will. Only realistic possibilities would be Trump or Bernie. I say realistic because Carson and Rand probably would, but they have no chance to win.

Even if any of these candidates pushed for it, congress wouldnt vote for it. So its mostly moot in terms of a presidential candidate.

So why never a peep about W's EOs when he was in office?
Because you never complain about how something got done when you agree with what was done.

Look, I've got no problem with the complete elimination of the EO process...but neither party would ever agree to it because they want it as an avenue to get things done when they have the office.

It is also funny that you were saying that it was a "quality vs quantity" thing and then giving what I am sure *wink*wink* were randomly chosen EOs from our last two Presidents... Now when actual "quality" EOs are pointed out you claim that it's just not a quantity argument.

Let's discuss the conservative darling Ronald Reagan and EO 12333. It is pretty well the mack-daddy of big brother is watching, orders. It pretty well made the Patriot Act and all subsequent acts that have been added on...redundant. Ronny already gave Uncle Sam the authority to collect all the data from all the people without having to be bothered with pesky warrants. I've never heard a conservative mention it one single time.

I could really not care less if you criticize BO. Just be consistent and if you're going to complain about a legal process that is available to the POTUS...complain when it's your guy doing it too.

False, the problem is I didn't post about politics when Ronald Reagan nor Bush were in office and it just so happens that info post now and Obama is in office. I hated Bush more than I do Obama, so get that BS off the table. I don't have a clue what he did I seriously don't because I gave up on this country while he was in because he simply did not have what it took to do anything more than an everyday dipshit with a lot of backing.

No one ever said he was a politician, no ever said he was great or even good for Christ sake. We went on a witch hunt for him so his VP could get rich. Other than that I am pretty sure he hunted and fished and hung out on his ranch. 8 years worth, and had Obama done the same I guess we would be better off.

Neither were worthy of being a president, at all.

One unforgotten piece of the healthcare puzzle is the role of the hospital. Most of these hospitals get tax exempt status because theyre supposedly treating those who cant afford it. Yet we know good and well that doesnt happen. Theyre getting the benefit of tax exemption with none of the burden.
What hospital turns away sick patients and lets them die on the curb instead? Hospitals treat deadbeats who dont pay a dime but run into the emergency rooms for the slightest runny nose or cough.

Reactions: drawing_dead
What hospital turns away sick patients and lets them die on the curb instead? Hospitals treat deadbeats who dont pay a dime but run into the emergency rooms for the slightest runny nose or cough.
They also transfer to other hospitals whenever they can get away with it.

"Starting....
(checks watch...waits for second hand to get to the top...)
...NOW!"

Timeo danaos et dona ferentes

I don't think Trump wins the Iowa caucus. He will probably win New Hampshire.

I think he wins. I think Bernie does too.

meme20.jpg

I would love to see Bernie upset Hillary today. Then the Justice Department can feel free to indict her.

dde0cd497cbce059d838baca227fa8d1.jpg

Reactions: WettCat
18 trillion in new spending? Psh, I put 9 trillion on the children & grandchildren's credit card in only 7 years.

/POSObama

Reactions: Willy4UK
It's George Bush's policies that were put in place that have spent all that money. Obama tried to overturn enough of them to stem the deficit acceleration but the Republican majority wouldn't let him.

Pretty sure that beautiful blonde Sweede gal didn't fabricate getting gutted at an immigrant center

Reactions: jamo0001
Didn't say (or imply) it did. A false rape accusation is always damaging on its own, particularly here. She's made it worse for everyone, that's the ugh part.

He's guilty, because he raped her with his eyes. That's almost as bad as him doing it. That refuggee was foaming at the mouth, lusting in a way only Ben Roethlisberger would know.

I really wish ethnic minorities would learn that it's never a good idea to piss off the Germans.

I'm a bit behind, just wanted to get back on a few things.

To any woman who doesnt think its killing a child, no theres no consequences other than money; assuming the government isnt paying. Its just a medical procedure.

If they think it IS killing a child, id wager they dont have it done. But who knows for sure.

Once again, you're making careless generalizations about the impact on women, both with delivering a fully developed infant or choosing to end a pregnancy. It's not absolute, black and white, women think like this or women think like that.

Youre trying to reframe the issue as one of womans right to do what she wishes with her body. This is essentially a strawman, and a way to emotionally rationalize killing babies; because noone really cares what she does with her body. She can tattoo her entire body. She can have endless amounts of plastic surgery. Chop off a hand. Noone cares.

The issue of the woman's right to decide and how it impacts her physical and emotional person is a strawman? Do you think a society's overall health is a strawman when considering health care coverage? Or maybe you believe the aging population of the US is a strawman argument when discussing the solvency of Social Security. Or that political contributions and tax breaks are strawmen when deciding energy policy?

If you don't care about the woman's body then you don't care about the baby that she would ultimately deliver if myriad factors go well. The woman has to go through a lot of sh*t, even if she chooses to terminate the pregnancy. You're just slovenly dismissing the woman's involvement in the gestational process in an attempt to make your argument easier, as long as she becomes the robotic vessel in which to pop out kids.

Never mind that pregnancy complications are the 6th most common cause of death for women in the US between the ages of 20 and 34.

A woman's rights over her own body and life is a strawman in the subject of abortion is one of the most obtuse takes I've seen in this thread.

Reactions: fuzz77
Thanks for regurgitating something I discussed at length just this past weekend. Good job! Good effort!

While we're on the topic of things I said earlier in this thread:
(4) the Iowa caususes will be the high water mark of Cruz' political career and the decline will be fairly rapid

say what you want about Trump, but he's navigated these electoral waters like a pro (besides the ground game). he's got the macro talent of reagan/clinton/obama and great instincts to boot.

he's getting straight-up wrecked on the tactical side of things, though.

Reactions: From-the-stands
Rubio, as predicted, has surged enough to win the "expectations" contest tonight. Next up is to see what sort of lift it gives him in New Hampshire. If Trump hangs on to win there he will go on to even friendlier turf in South Carolina where he can expect to do well among the old Reagan Democrat electorate.

Absolutely amazed that Cruz is leading. I get the Christian thing but most people do not like the guy.

BTW, there's gonna be record turnout this year. Dems aren't winning this regardless of their nominee is.

Reactions: CatsBy90
His statement that "most people read Atlas Shrugged in the 8th/9th grade" will probably always be the most stupid thing I will ever know to be said about what many economic, social, political scholars consider to be thing single-most crucially important work of literature ever. He found a rating on a website and said to himself I'm going with this. That's how his little mind works.

I meant to get back on this. Kinda embarrassing I'm bringing it up now.

No economic or social scholars will ever consider Atlas Shrugged to be anywhere near the most crucial work of literature ever. It's extremely debatable with political academia, unless we're talking about scholars referencing the book when talking about certain demographics inflating its influence.

The thought that any economic scholar would regard this work of fiction highly is comical as it adds close to zero value in economic studies. It's a sci-fi romance novel with rudimentary philosophical overtones.

Sure it's widely read, as is The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Reactions: -LEK-
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT