POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
John, I spent today grinding down and re-bluing an A2 FSB for a buddy's AR so he can slip this under a longer rail w/o having to drop more coin on a new gas block.

You really have no idea what gun culture is, mane. I'm telling you.
2016-07-21_23.41.30.jpg

Reactions: ymmot31
I don’t have the answers. What frustrates me is that even trying to get a conversation started turns into a binary battle where 0 equals do nothing and 1 equals ban and confiscate all guns. Is there no middle ground? If you’re telling me there isn’t, I’ll accept that and move on.

Can we at least ban the terrible superbowl ads? No advertising at all? Get closer to the big tobacco shake down. Make alcohol companies have bigger warning labels on their products. Ban alcohol from more restaurants and expand regs like Commonwealth Stadium and Rupp. I mean really does not having alcohol in Rupp hurt your experience?

Reactions: JohnKBA
John, I spent today grinding down and re-bluing an A2 FSB for a buddy's AR so he can slip this under a longer rail w/o having to drop more coin on a new gas block.

You really have no idea what gun culture is, mane. I'm telling you.
2016-07-21_23.41.30.jpg

I don’t know what any of that means :)

I spent 2 hours today watching youtube videos to try and figure out why I was consistently missing putts left last year. I’m sure it won’t make a difference but if I can shave half a stroke off my handicap I’ll deem it a success.

Reactions: FusterCluck
Can we at least ban the terrible superbowl ads? No advertising at all? Get closer to the big tobacco shake down. Make alcohol companies have bigger warning labels on their products. Ban alcohol from more restaurants and expand regs like Commonwealth Stadium and Rupp. I mean really does not having alcohol in Rupp hurt your experience?

I don’t like people, and especially don’t like crowds of people. Would rather watch games at home, my attendance (or lack thereof) at UK games wouldn’t change a bit even if they started giving away whisky during games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Willy4UK
I don’t know what any of that means :)

I spent 2 hours today watching youtube videos to try and figure out why I was consistently missing putts left last year. I’m sure it won’t make a difference but if I can shave half a stroke off my handicap I’ll deem it a success.

My guess would be that alcohol impairs vision and motor skills.

Yup students being sitting ducks is a much better solution.

Envision a man/woman teaching a 10-year old double-digit multiplication with decimals....while toting a gun. Does that not sound absolutely absurd to you?

Or is the gun "locked" in the desk drawer?

Or do we have a gun safe that only teachers hold the keys to?

Sure sounds like an environment I'd want kids in every day. And surely nothing could go wrong with that kind of setup.

Envision a man/woman teaching a 10-year old double-digit multiplication with decimals....while toting a gun. Does that not sound absolutely absurd to you?

Sure sounds like an environment I'd want kids in every day. And surely nothing could go wrong with that kind of setup.

I think the teachers should flash their guns at the kids.

Moe, despite the fact that I give you grief sometimes, I generally respect your commentary - same with you screwduke. So, if you guys tell me that there isn’t any middle ground, I believe you.

I’ll go on spending time trying to improve my putting stroke and Fuster can go on grinding down whatever part of a carburetor was in that picture he posted. Doesn’t mean we can’t all be friends.

Reactions: moe_schmoe

No ones gonna be toting a gun while teaching, give me a break. You libs are the kings of using dumb hypothetical situations that never happen.

Pilots were given the option to be armed after 9/11. Why can't that option be given to school staff? Some won't do it, but I guarantee you some would do it. Why not let them?

I'm all for the 2nd amendment, but arming teachers is the single most idiotic idea I have ever heard.

Don't the people espousing this comprehend how idiotic, liberal, and incompetent teachers generally are?

I know, I spent a year after college substitute teaching in Lexington.

Being drunk at UK football collapses has eased the pain of defeat considerably over the years.

We were specifically talking about the right to own a gun. You said you have the right to do a lot of stupid things, but you don't do them. Maybe you should express yourself better because the way you said it made it seem like that's what you were implying.

Again, it's not my fault if reading bothers you. You can always scroll past. Also, how many times are you going to bring this up? It's the lamest smack ever.
Yeah John, I like you and you're one of my favorite posters, but you need to let the thing with Moe's articles go.

I don’t have the answers. What frustrates me is that even trying to get a conversation started turns into a binary battle where 0 equals do nothing and 1 equals ban and confiscate all guns. Is there no middle ground? If you’re telling me there isn’t, I’ll accept that and move on.
No, make the punishment fit the crime. There is no doubt this idiot killed those kids. He should have been executed already. No hesitation in trials like mass murders. Front of the line in judgement and execution and sentence. It would be a start and a deterrent.

Pretty sure if I knew what you were talking I wouldn't have asked for an explanation. You said "This country is just now starting to figure things out." That's very open ended.

If you go by the textbooks, what we consider "America" is only a few hundred years old, right?

Experience is the best teacher. We will all die before the USA "figures out" immigration, healthcare, taxes, and gun laws. As a society we haven't even scratched the surface. I'd wager on another Civil War in the next 200 years.

Maybe I'm a pessimist, but I can't see us giving up the Most Mass Killings in Public Schools title in my lifetime. So sickening.

I hear a bunch of people from Norway want to come here though...

I'm all for the 2nd amendment, but arming teachers is the single most idiotic idea I have ever heard.

Don't the people espousing this comprehend how idiotic, liberal, and incompetent teachers generally are?

I know, I spent a year after college substitute teaching in Lexington.

I don’t want teachers to have guns in the classroom especially considering the type of scumbags in school who would overpower them. But I absolutely back armed guards or cops to protect.

If you go by the textbooks, what we consider "America" is only a few hundred years old, right?

Experience is the best teacher.

So by 'figure things out' do you mean relinquishing our rights and becoming more the monarchy overseas?

No ones gonna be toting a gun while teaching, give me a break. You libs are the kings of using dumb hypothetical situations that never happen./QUOTE]

Then where are the teachers keeping their guns? I offered a couple other options. Do you want a "break" on those too?

"Then where are the teachers keeping their guns?"

God, can't believe I just typed that. Surely there won't be 6th grade social studies teachers with fully-loaded pistols in their file cabinets.

No, make the punishment fit the crime. There is no doubt this idiot killed those kids. He should have been executed already. No hesitation in trials like mass murders. Front of the line in judgement and execution and sentence. It would be a start and a deterrent.

I agree with this warrior. And I think that’s something we (myself included) overlook sometimes when talking about tragedies like this.

I think we can all agree that stopping mass shootings from happening completely is a fool’s errand. So, the question should be “what can we do to minimize their occurrence?” Too often, that translates to “how do we take everyone’s guns away” to a large subset of the population. Your point above is one potential idea that doesn’t even involve a discussion about guns. I’m sure there are plenty of other things out there that could be done, but the focus always turns to the 2A.

So let me ask you a question.

Do you consider the framers infallible? Were they incapable of making a mistake? Did they anticipate what would happen over the next several hundred years and factor all of that information in?
the information was there to stop this guy the fbi was allocating its resources to oust trump. think about that for a second

Reactions: ymmot31 and JohnKBA
Did that game really happen @bigbluefattycat or was it a wide ranging conspiracy between the SEC and government entities?

Went with my highschool football team and when I got home my dad was kinda proud. Welcome to "Kentucky Football". Being a fan as a kid and getting Commonwealth Baptized was my bluegrass right to passage. Many dreams were sacrificed on that block K for my basketball sins.

There’s nothing extreme about not wanting our Govt to make a knee jerk, emotional decision on a constitutional right.
Knee jerk? The Columbine school shooting was 19 years ago. The University of Texas school shooting was 52 years ago. So when has enough time gone by for something to no longer be considered knee jerk?

Below are just some of the school shootings...

• 1966, 12 November - Mesa, Arizona - (5 deaths)
  • 1898, December 13 - Charleston - (6 deaths) [14]
  • 1893, March 26 - Plain Dealing high school - (4 deaths) [15]

Last edited:
The FBI never alerted the FL field office, so fbi didn’t hardly know or care about this kid. Wtf would they, especially considering....

...The local sheriff/PD and about 3-4 different entities knew alllllll about this kid. Visited his home many times. Had to decide if he was mentally capable or whatever. (Decided he was fine)

Again, fbi and fn trump don’t have jack to do with jack.

States rights will be all but gone eventually. We just keep begging for bigger and badder government to fix things our local govt can’t/won’t.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT