POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

My mother-in-law gets all her news from CNN. When Trump took office she was convinced that repealing Obamacare would come with a $10,000 “fee” for each citizen... because CNN said so. She thought the tax plan would hurt poor people... because of CNN. She thought Trump’s election meant she’d be on the streets... thanks to CNN.

At some point you’d think a person would look around and go, “hmmm... none of what they said would happen is happening. Odd.”

Does that surprise you? The guy is doing all he can to gear up for a Senate run. While I enjoy some of the things KSR offers, I hope he never gets closet a seat in government.
It does surprise me. I;m a fan of Matt's work, thankful for what it offers me as a UK fan. Never gave his political leanings much credence, didn't bother me. However, over time, it has become more and more evident that Matt's integrity doesn't spill over into politics. He's gets excited like a little puppy and pees himself with his own standards. I guess that's true of all of us, but for him to constantly profess thoughtfulness, tact and fairness in nearly every other aspect of his professional life... he will quickly abandon those traits for political ideology... That's disappointing.

Not sure why, as I see that behavior from lots of people, even myself. I guess I just expected more from him for whatever reason, given his platform and voice. I drank that jive-talking koolaid.

... And him continually bringing up the recent shootings as a talking point onhis show, only to lay thick layers of guilt on the listeners, is testament to your point of his upcoming political aspirations. If we one day learned he was arranging callers to keep bringing the subject up so he could soapbox it, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

The shine has come off for me, but I'm addicted to his show. Moreover, I like UK sports and he is part and parcel these days.

Reactions: ymmot31 and sefus12
It does surprise me. I;m a fan of Matt's work, thankful for what it offers me as a UK fan. Never gave his political leanings much credence, didn't bother me. However, over time, it has become more and more evident that Matt's integrity doesn't spill over into politics. He's gets excited like a little puppy and pees himself with his own standards. I guess that's true of all of us, but for him to constantly profess thoughtfulness, tact and fairness in nearly every other aspect of his professional life... he will quickly abandon those traits for political ideology... That's disappointing.

Not sure why, as I see that behavior from lots of people, even myself. I guess I just expected more from him for whatever reason, given his platform and voice. I drank that jive-talking koolaid.

... And him continually bringing up the recent shootings as a talking point onhis show, only to lay thick layers of guilt on the listeners, is testament to your point of his upcoming political aspirations. If we one day learned he was arranging callers to keep bringing the subject up so he could soapbox it, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

The shine has come off for me, but I'm addicted to his show. Moreover, I like UK sports and he is part and parcel these days.
He is to the DNC what he mocks in the Louisville media regarding Zurich/UL.

Now that the full timeline has come out, in my opinion, the defense is going to have a tough time convincing a jury that this kid is insane. It was meticulously planned out. He brought a gas mask and smoke bombs. Purposely set the fire alarm off to funnel students into the hallway.

Then, after gunning people down for three minutes, he was aware enough to go upstairs and try to shoot out a window (luckily it was strong enough to not shatter). His plan was to gain the high ground and pick people off fleeing the building.

After all of this, he was calm and collected enough to ditch all incriminating evidence, blend into the crowd in order to sneak out and escape the scene. Even going as far as trying to act as normal as possible by going to restaurants and getting something to eat and drink.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Now that the full timeline has come out, in my opinion, the defense is going to have a tough time convincing a jury that this kid is insane. It was meticulously planned out. He brought a gas mask and smoke bombs. Purposely set the fire alarm off to funnel students into the hallway.

Then, after gunning people down for three minutes, he was aware enough to go upstairs and try to shoot out a window (luckily it was strong enough to not shatter). His plan was to gain the high ground and pick people off fleeing the building.

After all of this, he was calm and collected enough to ditch all incriminating evidence, blend into the crowd in order to sneak out and escape the scene. Even going as far as trying to act as normal as possible by going to restaurants and getting something to eat and drink.
Crazy like a fox...

An arctic fox, of course.

Reactions: moe_schmoe

I love the radio show but hate his politics. He keeps saying he is a new kind of democrat but he still supports all the old dem leaders and policies.
He posted a pic of Bobby Kennedy in Appalachia touting what a great leader he would have become. But he failed to mention that 50 years after that pic, not much is better in Appalachia.

I would never vote for him for anything!

I do enjoy KSR, but as far as Matt goes I lost a lot of respect for him years ago. I was a member of TBK for awhile and I know Marc Maggard is a running joke on RR (and rightfully so because he’s a colossal dick) but he was pretty connected up until about 2011 or so.

Matt definitely stole information and used it as his own. When called out about it, he denied it. I know people think #wrongonpurpose was a big joke, but I can attest it was true. He purposely put out fake information to see if it would end up on KSR and sure enough it did that very night.

Obviously Jones is far more connected now and is far more credible than he was 7 years ago, but that never sit well with me.

I do enjoy KSR, but as far as Matt goes I lost a lot of respect for him years ago. I was a member of TBK for awhile and I know Marc Maggard is a running joke on RR (and rightfully so because he’s a colossal dick) but he was pretty connected up until about 2011 or so.

Matt definitely stole information and used it as his own. When called out about it, he denied it. I know people think #wrongonpurpose was a big joke, but I can attest it was true. He purposely put out fake information to see if it would end up on KSR and sure enough it did that very night.

Obviously Jones is far more connected now and is far more credible than he was 7 years ago, but that never sit well with me.
Unfortunately it is the slimiest and most arrogant that gets drawn to go into politics.

I've never called his show but I've called others over the years and the screener asks what you are going to talk about. You're probably right that he knows when someone is going to mention the shootings and he has his rant ready. I refuse to believe that he wasn't aware of the 18 school shooting this year lie before he repeated it.

Does that surprise you? The guy is doing all he can to gear up for a Senate run. While I enjoy some of the things KSR offers, I hope he never gets closet a seat in government.

He has said he's definitely running against Mitch if Mitch runs next time around, which I suspect he will.

8299724_orig.jpg

Last edited:
I've never called his show but I've called others over the years and the screener asks what you are going to talk about. You're probably right that he knows when someone is going to mention the shootings and he has his rant ready. I refuse to believe that he wasn't aware of the 18 school shooting this year lie before he repeated it.
CNN tweeted the 18 stat this morning.

Believe it or not, Marc Maggard formerly owned a house here in the Austin area. He once invited me and several other local UK fans to attend a party at his place out near Lake Travis. For some reason, I could tell he is/was a shyster. Anybody heard what's up with him these days?

Believe it or not, Marc Maggard formerly owned a house here in the Austin area. He once invited me and several other local UK fans to attend a party at his place out near Lake Travis. For some reason, I could tell he is/was a shyster. Anybody heard what's up with him these days?

Last I heard he was running a wedding photography business. That’s been several years ago though.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
'LOVE TRUMPS HATE': Leftists Attack Trump Supporter Whose Daughter Was Killed In Shooting

On Thursday, one day after the tragic shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, intolerant and hateful leftists attacked a man whose daughter was murdered in the shooting because he is a Trump supporter.

The attack happened on Twitter when journalist Alexandra Seltzer, who writes for the Palm Beach Post, tweeted out a photo of Andrew Pollack holding up a photo of his daughter on his phone while he was wearing a "Trump 2020" t-shirt.

It only took a few minutes for the peaceful, tolerant, loving leftists to come out of the woodwork and attack this man because of his political views, despite being in the midst of heartbreaking tragedy.

'LOVE TRUMPS HATE': Leftists Attack Trump Supporter Whose Daughter Was Killed In Shooting

On Thursday, one day after the tragic shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, intolerant and hateful leftists attacked a man whose daughter was murdered in the shooting because he is a Trump supporter.

The attack happened on Twitter when journalist Alexandra Seltzer, who writes for the Palm Beach Post, tweeted out a photo of Andrew Pollack holding up a photo of his daughter on his phone while he was wearing a "Trump 2020" t-shirt.

It only took a few minutes for the peaceful, tolerant, loving leftists to come out of the woodwork and attack this man because of his political views, despite being in the midst of heartbreaking tragedy.

Trash.

Reactions: AustinTXCat

People - don't fall into the liberal trap argument of DOOOOO SOMETHING.

Why? Because there were numerous failures here, any of which would totally prevented this tragedy.

Kids/social media followers should've reported his threats. Once reported the FBI should've acted appropriately. The kid was identified as a threat, but somehow got access inside the school.

The following of any of the above would've prevented this.

Do something, really mean take away guns. Because adding new layers of protection is unnecessary where current ones WOULD'VE worked if followed.

Do something should mean actually follow the protections already in place

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT