POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
you mean the same way that $100 oil was going to do serious damage to the economy? Our economy is driven by consumers so putting more money in consumers pockets will not hurt that. Sure, some energy companies will be hurt and people will lose jobs but that is still a small piece of the economy. Our company does a sizable amount of work with oil & gas companies and while they have laid off some people they have actually increased the amount of work they've given us. They aren't as scared as some people think they are.

If $110 oil didn't destroy the economy $30 oil isn't going to either.

I'm not sure this is true. Obama would prefer Biden/Warren IMO, hoping for 1 term for Biden, with Warren after that. Obama likes Warren better than Hillary IMO.

Yep.

There are a lot of dynamics at play here. Obv the best scenario for Obama is that the case against Hillary never develops into a slam dunk. If it does, though, he has several reasons to indict: (1) the legal aspects, (2) a possible revolt at the FBI if she walks, (3) the GOP congress is going to be sure all of this stuff is getting leaked, so if Obama passes on an indictment then suddenly the scandal sullies his legacy instead of just Hillary's, (4) she could be so damaged that she loses the general because of it, gets indicted by the next POTUS anyway, and the next POTUS undoes 90% of obama's legacy.

The worst part of this for Obama is the timing, though. He needs to make the decision early enough that a secondary candidate (whether it's Bernie or somebody else) still has a chance to win. If he waits too long in hopes that the case falls apart and he can avoid indictment altogether, then they're gonna miss state-by-state ballot deadlines. Even joe Biden couldn't win a write-in campaign

Yep.
The worst part of this for Obama is the timing, though. He needs to make the decision early enough that a secondary candidate (whether it's Bernie or somebody else) still has a chance to win. If he waits too long in hopes that the case falls apart and he can avoid indictment altogether, then they're gonna miss state-by-state ballot deadlines. Even joe Biden couldn't win a write-in campaign

I didn't think about the state filing deadlines, and don't completely understand them as they are now. I'm referring back to past historical elections, were nobody could agree on who the nominee should be, and end up picking a compromise candidate, and it all works out. (see Warren G Harding)

I've told many on here that the media has ignored how the young crowd is all in on Bernie. That has been conveniently ignored while trying to promote Hillary.

I thought six months ago Rubio would be the winner but I am 90 percent sure it will be Trump winning the presidential election. Like some mentioned on here, there's a ton of closet supporters.

Maybe he does like her & her politics better, but if Obama thought Warren could be elected he would have thrown his weight towards her & caused her to enter the race a long time ago. but he is smart enough to know a 1 term Senator former ivy league professor from Massachusetts couldn't beat the most hapless GOP nominee possible.

Hillary's his best shot at continued greatness, at elevating his policies and "transformation of America", and he knows she will probably by Spring get a clean legal bill of health from his Justice Dept. If not he would have allowed Biden to get in last Fall.

Carly is still working hard on the campaign trail - 'sit still for the photo opp, boys and girls'.

lxvczeu3jifbaep6rvab.jpg

I saw this posted and laughed. It's an oldie but a funny video.

I saw that posted on facebook when someone was claiming Trump supporters were stupid and don't even know how the political system works. I thought it was ironic considering a huge chunk of Obama's voting base was ignorant kids and people like this video.

bottom line Obama wants Hillary elected, the worst thing that could happen to him is anyone GOP winning and starting to undo his 'accomplishments' immediately January 2017. the best stroking of his ego is Hillary running & winning while saying she will continue Obamaism.

I definitely think Obama is terrified of having his EO's rescinded. To keep that from happening, I think he'll back whomever he thinks has the best chance of winning. Although it seemed like Hillary was openly begging for his support when she said shed be 4 more years of obama.

I saw this posted and laughed. It's an oldie but a funny video.

I saw that posted on facebook when someone was claiming Trump supporters were stupid and don't even know how the political system works. I thought it was ironic considering a huge chunk of Obama's voting base was ignorant kids and people like this video.

I still remember the woman whos interview showed up on youtube about this time 8 years ago. She said Obama promised to give her everything she needed if he gets elected. Everyone laughed at how crazy that notion was and how you cant just give all that stuff away. Then he won.....and basically did exactly what she said.

I've told many on here that the media has ignored how the young crowd is all in on Bernie. That has been conveniently ignored while trying to promote Hillary.

I thought six months ago Rubio would be the winner but I am 90 percent sure it will be Trump winning the presidential election. Like some mentioned on here, there's a ton of closet supporters.

Just depends on who Trump runs with. That will be my deciding factor. I will not vote for Rubio. He'll be worse than Obama.

GD do I hate Rubio. I hope that effer dies licking on his own scrotum.

I definitely think Obama is terrified of having his EO's rescinded. To keep that from happening, I think he'll back whomever he thinks has the best chance of winning. Although it seemed like Hillary was openly begging for his support when she said shed be 4 more years of obama.

I still remember the woman whos interview showed up on youtube about this time 8 years ago. She said Obama promised to give her everything she needed if he gets elected. Everyone laughed at how crazy that notion was and how you cant just give all that stuff away. Then he won.....and basically did exactly what she said.

Yep. Dead on.

This was also a fun one from 2008. This is why I always get a chuckle out of people claiming Palin is so ignorant and then seeing this stuff.

Just depends on who Trump runs with. That will be my deciding factor. I will not vote for Rubio. He'll be worse than Obama.

GD do I hate Rubio. I hope that effer dies licking on his own scrotum.

It's going to be someone that's the opposite of Trump. It will be someone more "likable" so to speak and maybe not white. That would be the smart thing and it should probably be someone from swing state but that didn't work in 2012 so who knows.

It's going to be someone that's the opposite of Trump. It will be someone more "likable" so to speak and maybe not white. That would be the smart thing and it should probably be someone from swing state but that didn't work in 2012 so who knows.

I dunno man. You're prolly right, but I have no faith in the typical Republican voter. Got a golden opportunity and they will piss it down the drain.

I dunno man. You're prolly right, but I have no faith in the typical Republican voter. Got a golden opportunity and they will piss it down the drain.

We are effed. This country is effed regardless. The damage has been done and I can only imagine the levels of insanity that will take place with a progressive in charge for another 8 years.

I still think you should have to be 25, employed and take a test before you're allowed to vote.

Disagree. You should have to own property or a sustainable business to be able to vote.
That would essentially seal elections for the GOP much like the Dems keep wanting to bring illegals and all into the country to "fix" their voting block.

That would essentially seal elections for the GOP much like the Dems keep wanting to bring illegals and all into the country to "fix" their voting block.

I've always got a kick out of the portrayal of Dems being big humanitarians and champions of the people and then using successful smear tactics when people call them on it.

That's why they're against voter ID laws. No one should have an issue with having to show ID to vote but we know why they're against it.

We also know why they want no immigration laws enforced and are all about bringing in illegals and refugees. It's not bexause they give an eff about these people. It's because they're importing votes and using government dependent people to rig the game and change the entire dynamics of the population and culture.

Have you all seen the map where a lot of these "refugees" are being sent? It's not blue states.

Last edited:
Morgan Stanley is predicting 1.9% GDP growth for 2016 and 1.8% for 2017.

Next POTUS is going to have his hands full trying to clean up the economy, might even be an Obama recession.

I don't think you know what recession means. Experiencing ~ 2% annual GDP growth is continuing the status quo from the last two years.

We'll be in the doldrums for a few quarters due increased tinkering of monetary policy and volatile emerging markets sector, but according to MS, we have the fundamentals to support an expansion cycle.

No, it would assure that the people that voted had a vested interest in voting for what was in the best interest of the COUNTRY. Why do you assume Dems don't own property or businesses?

Wisconsin state senate passes a bill that essentially says they're willing to pay for certain medications and services as long as those medications and services aren't being performed within the walls of a Planned Parenthood clinic.

Because that's so logical.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
You're not getting trolled LEK. Its an honest fact that didn't take very long to figure out. We all figured out.

Tell me I'm lying. Tell me all blacks are great renters, they pay me on time, they keep a job, they never complain, and when they lose a job they never give up and get another job quickly.

It seems he knows your right. I haven't seen him try to counter your experience.

Looks like his point is, who cares? You should rent to them anyway.

you mean the same way that $100 oil was going to do serious damage to the economy? Our economy is driven by consumers so putting more money in consumers pockets will not hurt that. Sure, some energy companies will be hurt and people will lose jobs but that is still a small piece of the economy. Our company does a sizable amount of work with oil & gas companies and while they have laid off some people they have actually increased the amount of work they've given us. They aren't as scared as some people think they are.

If $110 oil didn't destroy the economy $30 oil isn't going to either.
Low energy prices also take money out of people's pockets. Besides the companies going bankrupt and the workers who lose their jobs there are the millions of those who are retired and see the value of their 401K/IRA accounts plummet therefore lose income on those investments. Citigroup alone reported a 32% increase in non-performing loans over last year due to energy losses. 27 billion barrels worth of oil projects have been cancelled.

And you can bet that once the Saudis have driven everyone out of the market and BTW are buying up production facilities and refineries at bargain prices... they will then use their leverage to drive oil prices back up. And because they will own a large share of the existing production facilities any competitors will have to build from scratch meaning high production costs, risky investments to retool.

Reactions: From-the-stands
Rubio seems particularly opportunistic. He is basically running against the very immigration measure he put forth in the Senate - but has the gall to accuse Cruz of being a flip-flopper.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/fir...tacks-on-ted-cruz-calling-him-a-flip-flopper/

I never saw anything about Rubio that would make me want to vote for him.

To me, the best POTUS would be Kasich or Christie, but neither can get any traction. Cruz scares me more than Bernie.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
I never saw anything about Rubio that would make me want to vote for him.

To me, the best POTUS would be Kasich or Christie, but neither can get any traction. Cruz scares me more than Bernie.

Cruz has zero chance. ZERO. The GOP has Trump or nothing. That's it. Trump is the only one that can defeat the left.

But what is it that scares you about him?

I hate elections and politicians. Huey Lewis had it right, I need a new drug.
Man, I completely agree but you have to admit this one has been pretty entertaining mainly because of Trump. Think about how boring it would be without him. So much drama and add in Hilary's problems and its made for TV.

So, now Jeb is pulling his mother out to do a tv ad and evidently ole brother is going to start campaigning for him. Its sad how desperate he is getting. How anyone can continue to throw dollars his way is beyond comprehension. Trump buried him early and he never recovered.

Reactions: Willy4UK
That's why they're against voter ID laws. No one should have an issue with having to show ID to vote but we know why they're against it.

Absolutely. This is one of my biggest pet peeves with liberals. Theres no viable argument whatsoever against voter ID laws. Unless, of course, you dont want people to have to prove who they are before they vote - basically vote fraud.

And you can bet that once the Saudis have driven everyone out of the market and BTW are buying up production facilities and refineries at bargain prices... they will then use their leverage to drive oil prices back up. And because they will own a large share of the existing production facilities any competitors will have to build from scratch meaning high production costs, risky investments to retool.

This is the long play noone sees. While we're dancing at the pumps, the Saudis are still sitting on zillions of dollars. Theyre waiting till theyre the only game in town, then theyll rake us over the coals worse than ever.

The only hope is that we somehow develop some form of alternate energy in the meantime. Although, with oil this low, one would think the motivation and funding is low for such ventures at the moment.

Some interesting stuff here from the NY Times. Another piece on the general point that the conservative talking heads (e.g., National Review) fear and loathe Trump, but Republican lobbyists fear and loathe Cruz.

"[T]he cadre of Republican lobbyists, operatives and elected officials based in Washington are much more unnerved by Mr. Cruz, a go-it-alone, hard-right crusader who campaigns against the political establishment and could curtail their influence and access, building his own Republican machine to essentially replace them…

“We can live with Trump.” said Richard F. Hohlt, a veteran lobbyist, reflecting the sentiment of his colleagues at last week’s meeting of the Republican National Committee in Charleston, S.C. “Do they all love Trump? No. But there’s a feeling that he is not going to layer over the party or install his own person. Whereas Cruz will have his own people there.”…

If Mr. Cruz were the party’s nominee, said Charles R. Black Jr., a lobbyist who has worked on numerous Republican presidential campaigns, “what would happen is a lot of the elected leaders and party elders would try to sit down and try to help Cruz run a better campaign, but he may not listen. Trump is another matter. You can coach Donald. If he got nominated he’d be scared to death. That’s the point he would call people in the party and say, ‘I just want to talk to you.’”

I don't want Trump or Cruz, as I think either is likely in for an historic ass kicking in November. But hearing that K Street is fearful and disdainful of Cruz almost makes me pull for him......

Some interesting stuff here from the NY Times. Another piece on the general point that the conservative talking heads (e.g., National Review) fear and loathe Trump, but Republican lobbyists fear and loathe Cruz.

"[T]he cadre of Republican lobbyists, operatives and elected officials based in Washington are much more unnerved by Mr. Cruz, a go-it-alone, hard-right crusader who campaigns against the political establishment and could curtail their influence and access, building his own Republican machine to essentially replace them…

“We can live with Trump.” said Richard F. Hohlt, a veteran lobbyist, reflecting the sentiment of his colleagues at last week’s meeting of the Republican National Committee in Charleston, S.C. “Do they all love Trump? No. But there’s a feeling that he is not going to layer over the party or install his own person. Whereas Cruz will have his own people there.”…

If Mr. Cruz were the party’s nominee, said Charles R. Black Jr., a lobbyist who has worked on numerous Republican presidential campaigns, “what would happen is a lot of the elected leaders and party elders would try to sit down and try to help Cruz run a better campaign, but he may not listen. Trump is another matter. You can coach Donald. If he got nominated he’d be scared to death. That’s the point he would call people in the party and say, ‘I just want to talk to you.’”

I don't want Trump or Cruz, as I think either is likely in for an historic ass kicking in November. But hearing that K Street is fearful and disdainful of Cruz almost makes me pull for him......

Cruz would get the Republican party's ass kicked in a general election. You can't be that socially conservative anymore and win. Rubio would appeal to some minority crowds and moderates and maybe even some liberals. He might have a chance but no way the right wing voters come out in droves to vote for him.

Trump, however, is the only one that I think can legitimately win, which absolutely blows me away.

The best thing that could happen is if Bernie wins the nomination and then it will be an absolute domination.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT