POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Louis is confusing his experiences in dealing with the impoverished to that of racial identity. Were he over in some rural areas where white people had nothing then he would have a clearer idea of things. He would see poor people struggling to to keep a roof over their head by whatever means necessary when it is that or the street.
He's also exhibiting the effects of confirmation bias. A black family comes through and they're great tenants his brain is going to find a way to mold that into his pre-configured world view. "Wow, that was great. What a great family. An exception to the rule. There's one fella who's not making excuses for himself!" A black family comes through and they're terrible. "Typical black folks." A white family comes through and they're great tenants, "Par for the course." A white family comes through and they're assholes, "That guy (that individual guy) was a jerk!"

This isn't something he's doing consciously, it's something that's going on behind the scenes in his brain. Sometimes before the thoughts are even fully formed. And of course it's not just him. We all do it. Some are just better at recognizing and correcting for it than others.

My best man is half black half white and has the shooting ability of a black guy and the athletic ability of a white guy.

#dontdiscriminate

I have a hard time believing EVERY. SINGLE. BLACK. TENANT. EVER has been a bad tenant. Just find that hard to believe. Try to remember, I'm sure you'll surprise yourself by remembering a black family that was a good tenant. It'll be hard, as they won't be memorable at all, but just try. Then after you remember them, think long and hard why you erased them from existence in your mind.

Why is everybody dogging Louis for giving his opinion on a tiny fraction of the black community, ones who have rented from him, based on his personal experience? I mean, you could argue that it is anecdotal, but come on.

Because Skunt isn't giving his opinion on a "tiny fraction" of the black community. He is painting an entire race of people (actually read the thread please) with that broad brush, based only on his minuscule and irrelevant (relatively speaking) personal experience in the noble field of rental properties.

For your benefit, I've compiled a "Top Ten" list of stupid things Louis_Skunt contributed so far:

1. "no offense to the black man, but if they weren't taught about how awful the white man was to them, they wouldn't have so much hate" - Louis_Skunt
  2. "Its amazing that some people act like slavery was 10 years ago"- Louis_Skunt
  3. "Blacks use slavery as the crutch of any issue"- Louis_Skunt
  4. "Blacks are also the ones that riot and burn a city down if they think something went wrong"- Louis_Skunt
  5. "Its ridiculous how sensitive the minorities have become"- Louis_Skunt
  6. "if you rent to a black family you can guarantee 100% that at some point, they will have problems paying rent or have issues with the neighbors, something ALWAYS happens"- Louis_Skunt
  7. "What this boils down to is what the black man is taught from a young age. It unmotivated them to succeed or work for what they have. They want the easy way out because they still feel cheated"- Louis_Skunt
  8. "If I hired a full staff to run a company, any company (Car Dealership, Restaurant, Cleaning Co) I'd stay away from the black guys cause they cause more issues, don't work as hard, etc."- Louis_Skunt
  9. "they don't care about anything. They just want to stick it ole whitey when they can"- Louis_Skunt
  10. "blacks... can't pay rent consistently and cause problems. Not a few, all of them"- Louis_Skunt
Please fell free to defend any one of those monuments to dumbassery listed above, and let us know how it only applies to a "tiny fraction" of the black community.

When folks have nothing you will see the same behaviors. When folks get a little more and move up the ladder accordingly then they have more at stake and tend to become more responsible.

There are people who consider these to be excellent observations. There are groups of others, distinctly separate, who consider them as objectives.

Anxiously awaiting Rivals being subpoenaed to turn over the IP address on Louis for his impending housing discrimination charges.

"Hello, this is Darnell Jackson... Is the apartment still available?"

Skunt: I'm sorry... umm... It's already full.

"Hello, Mr. Skunt. My name is Graham Wellington... Is that apartment still available?"

(Louis creams his jeans.)

Cujo, I admit I skipped a few pages and jumped in when I began to see the "rental property" posts. That is why I thought he was only talking about black renters he has dealt with. I should have read the entire thread.

No Republican has ever won the presidency without carrying Ohio. That's what makes Kasich such a key component of a potentially winning GOP ticket.

"Hello Mr. Skunt, my name is Tyron Washington, is your apartment still available ?"

Racist Skunt " No sorry, it was rented last week." (thinks to himself, "oh god no, a blackie.")

Tyron "dammit, us Mexicans can't catch a break., denied again. I have three full time jobs in the neighborhood and do not have a car to commute from the other side of town."

Racist Skunt "wait a sec, did you say you where Mexican ??? I believe it may still be available, I mistaken that one for the one El Chapo rented in apt D6. It is still available. Hello ? Hello ? SENOR Washington ???" "dammit, I lost a 100% sure fire pay on time client with my prejudice."

Moral of the story, don't be a dumbass ass racist and pre-judge anybody, Tyron was really a Mexican drug lord and needed a stash house.

No Republican has ever won the presidency without carrying Ohio. That's what makes Kasich such a key component of a potentially winning GOP ticket.
It might help calm the establishment Republicans fears as well (although I personally see them as the problem rather than the solution).

Trump/Kasich?

Reactions: Big_Blue79
"Hello Mr. Skunt, my name is Tyron Washington, is your apartment still available ?"

Racist Skunt " No sorry, it was rented last week." (thinks to himself, "oh god no, a blackie.")

Tyron "dammit, us Mexicans can't catch a break., denied again. I have three full time jobs in the neighborhood and do not have a car to commute from the other side of town."

Racist Skunt "wait a sec, did you say you where Mexican ??? I believe it may still be available, I mistaken that one for the one El Chapo rented in apt D6. It is still available. Hello ? Hello ? SENOR Washington ???" "dammit, I lost a 100% sure fire pay on time client with my prejudice."

Moral of the story, don't be a dumbass ass racist and pre-judge anybody, Tyron was really a Mexican drug lord and needed a stash house.
Youre stealing Bristol's bit 2 posts above. Dont be that guy.

I never said anything bad about Hispanics. I think they're hard workers, they don't make excuses, if they get fired they have a new job by sundown..
Its black people that are in question. Don't believe me? Go ask a rental agent. If he's honest, you'll hear exactly what I described.
You want to call me names for calling it how it is. Its not my fault, its just honesty.

I manage over thirty rental properties over the past decade. In that time, we have had 5-10 Caucasian families either need to be evicted/trashed the place/owed rent. In that same time, we have had zero African American families that trashed the place/owed rent when they left. We had one that we started the eviction process. The family paid the attorney fees, got caught up and have been with us for nine years. Our properties are in the $700-1500(majority of them $700-1000 that are duplexes). We have learned not to put trash in any of the units. That has nothing to do with race. It is based on your rental history, verifiable income, work history etc.

So your assessment is not true for me, as a property manager, here in middle TN.

Last edited:
Youre stealing Bristol's bit 2 posts above. Dont be that guy.

Dammit. Sorry, it took me 10 minutes to script that out. Even changed the name from Quienton to Tyron. I promise, I never noticed his post. Was not trying to steal / copy another anti racist post, not my style. But still, you get my point, Skunt is blind to his racism, or maybe he is not, just trying to justify it.

I don't mind. You remembered the black guy's name from the commercial. I didn't remember so I just made one up. That commercial was hilarious.

Not to steal Brady's post, but yeah, my wife was a office manager for a builder here that had over 30 rental properties. Most in the Chestnut Street area here in BG (slumlord paradise). went to court with her several times on my days off, most eviction court appearances where white families, and (gulp),, a few Mexican. Do not recall ONE black family. None of my black friends pay their rent though,,, but they do pay their mortgage payment, go figure.

Reactions: BristolCat
Have people not figured out that Louis_Skunt is a troll? Maybe he has these opinions, maybe he doesn't, but pretty much every post the guy makes in any thread is bait of some kind. Never honest discussion.

Trump has made fools out of a lot of people/experts. When he wins its going to be hilarious the next 4-8 years on here (especially with Democrats).

Trump has made fools out of a lot of people/experts. When he wins its going to be hilarious the next 4-8 years on here (especially with Democrats).
I'm of the opinion that there are a LOT of closet TRUMP supporters.

Supporting Trump can get you called "racist" or "xenophobic" in liberal circles; but behind the screen people will pull the lever for him.

I'd rather have Trump than any of the other repubs. Trumps stances on abortion, civil rights, affirmative action, legalizing weed, more or less staying clear of the middle east etc tell me he's not as crazy as he wants you to believe. He will pivot after winning the nomination even more to the center.

lol'ed at the idea of Trump/Kasich.

The only dude on that stage who *might* share the ticket with Trump is Cruz, and even that is highly unlikely.

I'm firmly opposed to Trump being anywhere near the Oval Office, but I could stomach him. The only guy that would cause me to fill out immigration paperwork would be Carson. Cruz I would give a chance

This is good news. It's about time the far left gets some clout on American campuses. The right has held sway too long:

"A teacher at the University of North Carolina-Greensboro requires students in her class to write an 8-page commitment to social justice — pupils who take her class because it’s a required course to earn a K-12 teaching credential.

An assignment in instructor Revital Zilonka’s “Institution of Education” class tells future North Carolina teachers that “by the end of the semester, you are required to write your own personal/professional commitment to social justice,” the syllabus states.

The class mandates a list of feminist and Marxist readings, and students’ “commitment” is expected to be up to eight pages long and delve into how they plan to advance social justice “given the new understanding you have by now about society and education,” the syllabus adds.

Zilonka’s undergraduate class is one of seven sections of “ELC 381, The Institution of Education” taught at the public university this spring. The course is required for students seeking to earn a K-12 teaching credential, but additional professors teach it besides Zilonka, and scholars can shape it toward their specific interests.

Zilonka’s syllabus also tells students to Like on Facebook a slate of secular-progressive pages, such as the pro-LGBTQ Human Rights Campaign, Feministing, Million Hoodies for Justice, and the Brown Girl Collective."

heh

Reactions: KingOfBBN
Some combination of Rubio/Kasich. It's very tough to imagine the GOP winning even if they carry both Ohio and Florida (they'd still be >20 electoral votes behind if you go by the 2012 map).

The average GOP primary voter is in some serious denial about how steep the electoral college climb is for them this year, even with a weak opponent like Hillary. Dick Morris did an excellent interview on this just the other day.
The electoral map is challenging, although I don't think it's quite as dire as you say. GOP wins OH and FL, that indicates they've got a strong candidate or are simply enjoying strong winds - if that's the case, hard to see a loss.

I have said that if Trump or Cruz get the nomination we could be looking at the Republican version of McGovern or Mondale - but really, because the electoral map is to a great extent fixed, that's probably not possible. Most people think something like 22-23 states are gonna go red no matter what, and somewhere around 18 blue no matter what. Very hard to come up with a 49 state win total like Nixon or Reagan.

Although, with Trump, he may be just the change catalyst needed......

Gotta get real basic for them:

Screen-Shot-2016-01-20-at-8.57.27-AM-600x495.png

Reactions: drawing_dead
Black people are better at sports.

Mexicans work so hard they tend to develop sweat on the backs of their shirts.

Asians can't drive but they math good.

Australians ride around in kangaroo pouches.

Just the way it is.

Reggie White, I thought you were dead!

For your benefit, I've compiled a "Top Ten" list of stupid things Louis_Skunt contributed so far:

1. "no offense to the black man, but if they weren't taught about how awful the white man was to them, they wouldn't have so much hate" - Louis_Skunt
  2. "Its amazing that some people act like slavery was 10 years ago"- Louis_Skunt
  3. "Blacks use slavery as the crutch of any issue"- Louis_Skunt
  4. "Blacks are also the ones that riot and burn a city down if they think something went wrong"- Louis_Skunt
  5. "Its ridiculous how sensitive the minorities have become"- Louis_Skunt
  6. "if you rent to a black family you can guarantee 100% that at some point, they will have problems paying rent or have issues with the neighbors, something ALWAYS happens"- Louis_Skunt
  7. "What this boils down to is what the black man is taught from a young age. It unmotivated them to succeed or work for what they have. They want the easy way out because they still feel cheated"- Louis_Skunt
  8. "If I hired a full staff to run a company, any company (Car Dealership, Restaurant, Cleaning Co) I'd stay away from the black guys cause they cause more issues, don't work as hard, etc."- Louis_Skunt
  9. "they don't care about anything. They just want to stick it ole whitey when they can"- Louis_Skunt
  10. "blacks... can't pay rent consistently and cause problems. Not a few, all of them"- Louis_Skunt

Fantastic.

I'm of the opinion that there are a LOT of closet TRUMP supporters.

Supporting Trump can get you called "racist" or "xenophobic" in liberal circles; but behind the screen people will pull the lever for him.

I tend to think the opposite. A lot of Trump supporters either will not vote at all, or will pull the lever for someone else. Sure, liking Trump on Facebook or in a big city might get you called something, but small town America there is the opposite phenomena. I've been/lived in both (from upper Midwest, now live in NYC, with a stop in the Air Force stationed mostly in Las Vegas in between). Read some stuff a while back (maybe 538?) that Trump's supporters tend to overlap heavily with those that are less likely to actually vote. I see that coming into play in the primary more, as turnout for primaries is approximately 1.2% or something. Once his decline starts, it will gather momentum as supporters will look for the best alternative - after all, they've been hearing for months that Trump is unlikely to be the nominee in the end.

I really do not care what someone would say about me because I support Trump. I just know what we have voted in the past has not worked and its time to try someone who actually has real word experience outside of being a career politician. He is not afraid to say what he thinks and has no issues challenging the norm in Washington. Anyone with a little intelligence knows he is not going to deport 11 million illegals and is not going to be able to ban Muslims. Its great soundbites and all, but in reality its not going to happen. However, I do think he will challenge Washington, is the most equipped to transform this economy, has the ability and connections to bring in highly successful and competent people to fix some of these messes, will listen to his military leaders, and will take care of veterans. If he does not do these things, then he can join a long line that have duped voters before. At least in my mind, we are at a point in American history where we need to try something different and Trump is definitely different.

Have people not figured out that Louis_Skunt is a troll? Maybe he has these opinions, maybe he doesn't, but pretty much every post the guy makes in any thread is bait of some kind. Never honest discussion.
No, not a troll. Its an honest evaluation of my rental business. I'd be lying if I said that black families are not problematic. I'd be lying if I said all races seem to have the same issues and morals.
I read the rental agent in TN, from above, but thats TN. I live in Florida where its not 1950. Florida has a more dynamic group.
I dont hate black people, I just try and avoid renting out property to them. If I took on every black family that applied, I'd go belly up. Lets say I have 6 applicants for an apartment. 3 are Hispanic, 3 are black. I'd be out of my freaking mind to take the black. Within 3-4 months the excuses begin, its like clockwork.
As for the guy above that says Hispanics are problematic, too-- ehhhh no. The only issues I have seems to be they reproduce at a high rate and our property owners assoc will only allow a certain number under a roof. So, if they have the max number in when they sign, sometimes that doubles in 3 years.
But thats an easy fix compared to Jermaine that lost his job and isn't trying to get a new one. Jermaine has already had late fees which he won't pay, broken the sink, punched a hole in every wall and threatened the neighbors. Hispanics fix the sink themselves, pay rent early, have the neighbors over for dinner and work harder than anyone I know.
Sorry for being so brutally honest, but thats the truth.

BTW--- I made a mistake. I HAVE had one black renter do well. They were a couple, always causing problems, neighbors complained weekly of them fighting. He ended up getting arrested and moved out. She did great afterward. She stayed another year or so, but couldn't pay the last month or something. Nice lady, though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT