POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Donald Trump is a con man, a crook and a self-promoting carnival barker. All you have to do is look at his "political" stance on virtually any issue as of 18 months ago and it has been completely reversed simply due to political positioning. If you can't see through that, then shame on you.

If you want to vote for a total scam artist and crook, then go ahead. But much like our current Community Organizer President with no experience whatsoever and a checkered background...you get what you pay for.

I'm not enamored with any of the current candidates, but Hillary and Trump leading the polls is beyond my comprehension.

This is good news. It's about time the far left gets some clout on American campuses. The right has held sway too long:

"A teacher at the University of North Carolina-Greensboro requires students in her class to write an 8-page commitment to social justice — pupils who take her class because it’s a required course to earn a K-12 teaching credential.

An assignment in instructor Revital Zilonka’s “Institution of Education” class tells future North Carolina teachers that “by the end of the semester, you are required to write your own personal/professional commitment to social justice,” the syllabus states.

The class mandates a list of feminist and Marxist readings, and students’ “commitment” is expected to be up to eight pages long and delve into how they plan to advance social justice “given the new understanding you have by now about society and education,” the syllabus adds.

Zilonka’s undergraduate class is one of seven sections of “ELC 381, The Institution of Education” taught at the public university this spring. The course is required for students seeking to earn a K-12 teaching credential, but additional professors teach it besides Zilonka, and scholars can shape it toward their specific interests.

Zilonka’s syllabus also tells students to Like on Facebook a slate of secular-progressive pages, such as the pro-LGBTQ Human Rights Campaign, Feministing, Million Hoodies for Justice, and the Brown Girl Collective."

heh
pffft....got nothing on Kent State

A professor at Kent State University is under FBI and Homeland Security investigation for alleged ties to the extremist group ISIS.

According to student-run paper KentWired.com, professor of history Julio Pino has been under investigation for over a year and a half. Their law enforcement source says that Pino tried to recruit students into joining ISIS.

I understand and respect that we can all have different points of opinion, but how can anyone reasonably justify voting for Hillary Clinton?
Or The Donald.

It's become fashionable in every Presidential cycle for people to lament "Is this the best we can do - these 2 bozos?!" I always push back on that. I think the way we choose a President is crazy, we know everything about them, we put them in situations which naturally make someone look bad, each side will knowingly lie about the other side - anyone would look bad coming out of that, I think.

Having said all that, if it's Trump vs Hilary, I'll be saying is this the best we can do, these 2 bozos?

I really do not care what someone would say about me because I support Trump. I just know what we have voted in the past has not worked and its time to try someone who actually has real word experience outside of being a career politician. He is not afraid to say what he thinks and has no issues challenging the norm in Washington. Anyone with a little intelligence knows he is not going to deport 11 million illegals and is not going to be able to ban Muslims. Its great soundbites and all, but in reality its not going to happen. However, I do think he will challenge Washington, is the most equipped to transform this economy, has the ability and connections to bring in highly successful and competent people to fix some of these messes, will listen to his military leaders, and will take care of veterans. If he does not do these things, then he can join a long line that have duped voters before. At least in my mind, we are at a point in American history where we need to try something different and Trump is definitely different.

I guess it's great soundbites for people that believe them, and they get press, but are they "great" in the sense that they should be adopted? It's not like he's saying "hey, let's all look out for each other and do good." Or "ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." That's a great soundbite. Trump's are memorable, and they appeal (strongly) to a significant minority of the population, but great?

I fail to see how a dubiously successful business man (remember, he inherited his money and has grown it almost exactly in line with the S&P 500 - and that's including a few bankruptcies) "is the most equipped to transform this economy." How? Presidents are always given far too much credit or blame for the economy. But if Trump is going to "bring in highly successful and competent people" (something any president can do - it's the office, not the pay, that draws people in), like any president does, then why does he need to be experienced in growing his personal wealth at a level that does not outpace the market? What about those advisers? What about Congress? What about the world markets, or the US market, or any of the thousands of variables that affect the economy?

Why/how can Trump bring in better people that other candidates? Ability and connections? He's been alienating people. And these are already highly competitive positions - senior federal government positions are highly sought after. Sure, some people turn them down. But the pool of candidates is already pretty well credentialed. Is there a magic bullet cabinet appointment that Trump, but no other, can pull in?

The rest is just vague promises. Show me one candidate that doesn't say they'll "take care of veterans." Or that says they won't listen to military leaders.

Frankly, the most a president can do on his/her own is in foreign policy. That's where Trump scares me the most, which is why he turns me off as a voter.

Agreed that different can be better. But not always:

Gillispie should have taught all of us that thing can get worse.

QFT.

Reactions: WettCat
Donald Trump is a con man, a crook and a self-promoting carnival barker. All you have to do is look at his "political" stance on virtually any issue as of 18 months ago and it has been completely reversed simply due to political positioning. If you can't see through that, then shame on you.

If you want to vote for a total scam artist and crook, then go ahead. But much like our current Community Organizer President with no experience whatsoever and a checkered background...you get what you pay for.

I'm not enamored with any of the current candidates, but Hillary and Trump leading the polls is beyond my comprehension.

I'm sorry and I do not mean to come off rude, but who TF are you voting that isn't doing what you explain Trump as being?

Please asess your voting history and in detail tell us which non-crook lying POS you voted for so that I can change your opinion of said loser.

Reactions: drawing_dead
Some combination of Rubio/Kasich. It's very tough to imagine the GOP winning even if they carry both Ohio and Florida (they'd still be >20 electoral votes behind if you go by the 2012 map).

The average GOP primary voter is in some serious denial about how steep the electoral college climb is for them this year, even with a weak opponent like Hillary. Dick Morris did an excellent interview on this just the other day.

Rubio/Kasich makes a good team in terms of geography but does nothing to marry the 2 factions of the GOP. That is problematic IMO. I still think the GOP could split if that happens.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
You know what isn't a sound bite......the fact that our country gets taken to the cleaners on most financial deals we make as a nation. It's fact that foreign countries get better deals for their products to sale here than our companies here at home!

You want to know why ford wants to move to Mexico and save millions in labor? Because KIA gets ridiculous tariff/labor/production savings to come here and undercut them just because they are foreign!

A long time political dipshit doesn't understand the long term impact of his stupid NAFTA deals or special deals he makes with China etc.

It's a joke and a business man like trump can help that big time. My thing with trump is his VP has to be the right guy or else a business man has to make political decisions which is just as bad as a politician making business deals.

Reactions: ukalumni00
No, not a troll. Its an honest evaluation of my rental business. I'd be lying if I said that black families are not problematic. I'd be lying if I said all races seem to have the same issues and morals.
I read the rental agent in TN, from above, but thats TN. I live in Florida where its not 1950. Florida has a more dynamic group.
I dont hate black people, I just try and avoid renting out property to them. If I took on every black family that applied, I'd go belly up. Lets say I have 6 applicants for an apartment. 3 are Hispanic, 3 are black. I'd be out of my freaking mind to take the black. Within 3-4 months the excuses begin, its like clockwork.
As for the guy above that says Hispanics are problematic, too-- ehhhh no. The only issues I have seems to be they reproduce at a high rate and our property owners assoc will only allow a certain number under a roof. So, if they have the max number in when they sign, sometimes that doubles in 3 years.
But thats an easy fix compared to Jermaine that lost his job and isn't trying to get a new one. Jermaine has already had late fees which he won't pay, broken the sink, punched a hole in every wall and threatened the neighbors. Hispanics fix the sink themselves, pay rent early, have the neighbors over for dinner and work harder than anyone I know.
Sorry for being so brutally honest, but thats the truth.

BTW--- I made a mistake. I HAVE had one black renter do well. They were a couple, always causing problems, neighbors complained weekly of them fighting. He ended up getting arrested and moved out. She did great afterward. She stayed another year or so, but couldn't pay the last month or something. Nice lady, though.

You're trolling. However, I still believe you're racist.

the thing is, if EITHER of these two democrats are running, I doubt the GOP is going to have much trouble with turnout. So many republican voters will turn out for the chance to vote against Hillary that there's not a huge need to "unite the party". If anything, you need a nominee who can either (A) turn out the vote from republican-leaning independents, or (B) pry away some democratic-lean independents.

the types of voters you'd pull on election day by having Cruz/Carson/etc on the ticket are still going to be coming out to try to keep Hillary out of the WH. Every pulpit in the South is going to be making sure of it.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
It's interesting. Hilary likely depresses turnout for Dems, at least relative to Obama, and increases turnout among Rs. But if Trump has an exact opposite effect - increases turnout on the left, deflates it on the right - what does it mean. If you're a republican, do yo say you wasted a real chance to win? Or do you just say, wow, that was the lowest voter turnout in modern history?

Trump does not depress republican voters. Do not buy the BS that they don't like him, they just can't say they like him!

Trump does not depress republican voters. Do not buy the BS that they don't like him, they just can't say they like him!

Many Republicans like some of the things he says because they raise issues others are unwilling to publicly confront. But that doesn't mean they are closet fans of Trump and are ready to all pile on and vote for him. That's just krazy.

It's interesting. Hilary likely depresses turnout for Dems, at least relative to Obama, and increases turnout among Rs. But if Trump has an exact opposite effect - increases turnout on the left, deflates it on the right - what does it mean?
it means it's a national version of Bevin v Conway

I'm not so sure the American public really cares who candidates are endorsed by.

signed,

Jeremiah "GD America" Wright
That was a different situation than with Palin, the PC crowd made sure of that.

hillary honestly might get indicted lol this is surreal
Simply cannot imagine a scenario in which Barack Obama's Justice Department will allow that to happen. The behind the scenes arm twisting, blackmailing, and plain old dirty politics would make Nixon, or Clinton heh, blanch.

I mean, really, it's so outlandish it sounds like something in a Grisham novel. Crazy times.....

I'd be out of my freaking mind to take the black.

You wouldn't last a week.

nights_watch_stand_around.png

Reactions: BristolCat
Many Republicans like some of the things he says because they raise issues others are unwilling to publicly confront. But that doesn't mean they are closet fans of Trump and are ready to all pile on and vote for him. That's just krazy.

Ok man. We will find out soon enough. I think it is more about the lack of real confidence in every one else, but I could be wrong.

Trump has made fools out of a lot of people/experts. When he wins its going to be hilarious the next 4-8 years on here (especially with Democrats).
That is quite hilarious seeing that just a few months ago there were many Republicans claiming that Trump was a Democratic plant in the GOP field. I also find it quite amazing that whereas heretofore right wingers were famous for using positions people had taken at some point in the past as ammunition against candidates if any of those past positions were contrary to their way of thinking. Seeing that Trump has been openly pro-universal health care, pro-raising taxes, pro-choice, pro...just about everything they are against at some point...now he says he's changed his mind and they are gobbling it up.

Personally, I still don't think that Trump really wants any part of being POTUS...other than his ego. If he was elected it wouldn't shock me if he resigned at some point before the end of his term. I just can't see him dealing with being confined into the bubble that the POTUS must live and also giving up control of his businesses. That is basically what happened to Ross Perot. He freaked out once he realized that there was an actual chance he could have been elected.

If Trump stays in the race and does get elected he will have proven many people wrong. Just who ends up being made fools of will have to be seen.

Reactions: WettCat
the thing is, if EITHER of these two democrats are running, I doubt the GOP is going to have much trouble with turnout. So many republican voters will turn out for the chance to vote against Hillary that there's not a huge need to "unite the party". If anything, you need a nominee who can either (A) turn out the vote from republican-leaning independents, or (B) pry away some democratic-lean independents.

the types of voters you'd pull on election day by having Cruz/Carson/etc on the ticket are still going to be coming out to try to keep Hillary out of the WH. Every pulpit in the South is going to be making sure of it.
The only problem with that strategy is that it doesn't matter if you lose a state by 50% or by 1 vote...you only get that state's electoral votes. I would say that there was a good chance that the Electoral College and popular votes go opposite ways.

Interesting that the odds makers have their money on HRC.

Simply cannot imagine a scenario in which Barack Obama's Justice Department will allow that to happen. The behind the scenes arm twisting, blackmailing, and plain old dirty politics would make Nixon, or Clinton heh, blanch.

I mean, really, it's so outlandish it sounds like something in a Grisham novel. Crazy times.....
What makes you think Obes has any particular loyalty to Hillary? I'm not saying he'd torpedo her, but I don't think it'd hurt his feelers to have her/that fam go down in flames to secure his alleged legacy. Hell, could even usher Biden or Warren into some nominee shenanigans.

Not saying I think that would happen but Obama gives nf's about that family...

I understand and respect that we can all have different points of opinion, but how can anyone reasonably justify voting for Hillary Clinton?
They can't which only shows that they are ignorant of her dealings, too dumb to understand, or, just don't care because they are just as corrupt as her. Point blank pure and simple.

Reactions: Willy4UK
You think Obama will let Lynch indict her?
Probably not which is why they are now considering taking a star from General Petreaus. Keep your mouth shut or it could get worse. Some one in an earlier post posted about committees and investigations disproving Benghazi points being outed by the ones that were actually there, however, the point not being made is how those with something to lose (still needing their jobs) are the ones making these claims. It seems as if those who no longer work for this government once they are out, change their stories.

The worst mistake Hilary made was becoming SOS. She would have been better off just hiding in a shadow somewhere for 8 years and then reappear and run for POTUS. Who knows if she wins the national election, but I think the road to winning the Democratic nomination would have been very easy for her.

Although I disagree with about everything Dems do these days, I do not doubt there are some very smart people running that party (taking out dumba$$ Debbie). For the life of me I cannot figure out why either Joe Biden or Warren did not put their names in the hat after Hilary's email scandal broke. That said, I am guessing they did not realize it was/is as bad as it is, but it would not surprise me a bit if they are now just going to wait and see how she does in the first few primaries and if Bernie beats her in any of them somebody is going to enter to try and save the Dems because there is no way Bernie is going to win a National Election. Even that makes no sense because I do not think she has a shot to win the National now. She is trying to get the African American vote by trying to sell being Obama's third term, but I do not think they are going to show up to the polls like they did for Obama. On top of that, hardly nobody likes or trusts her.

Back to Trump, I agree with a post above about his pick for Vice President. I do agree that he may be better off getting a politician to run with him (not an outsider), but I do not think someone like Cruz who everyone in Washington hates is the answer. Palin would be a disaster. I would not rule out Haley. Susana Martinez (Gov of New Mexico) would be very interesting. Female and Latino. Head of the Republican Governors Association. I do not know a ton about her, but it would be a very interesting pick. I know she did not like his comments about Mexicans (illegals), but I can see them spinning it to make it look like they are on the same page now. After that, who the heck knows who he will pick. Could see Rubio running with him as well. Agree with others that Rand Paul would be a great pick, but I am not sure those two can coexist with one another.

One thing is for sure, the next few months are going to be very interesting.

Probably not which is why they are now considering taking a star from General Petreaus. Keep your mouth shut or it could get worse. Some one in an earlier post posted about committees and investigations disproving Benghazi points being outed by the ones that were actually there, however, the point not being made is how those with something to lose (still needing their jobs) are the ones making these claims. It seems as if those who no longer work for this government once they are out, change their stories.

If Hilary gets indicted, does Obama pardon her before he leaves office? I can see this happening, Lynch indicts her,, I think she has to, to avoid a major mass exodus from DOJ and FBI. Hilary drops out of the race, Biden or Warren get in, then Obama gives liar Hilary a pardon to keep her out of jail.

Trump has made fools out of a lot of people/experts. When he wins its going to be hilarious the next 4-8 years on here (especially with Democrats).

Dems are definitely sore losers. Not too long ago they had to be physically dragged into a state house in order to achieve quorum. Wasnt that Wisconsin?

I'm of the opinion that there are a LOT of closet TRUMP supporters.

Supporting Trump can get you called "racist" or "xenophobic" in liberal circles; but behind the screen people will pull the lever for him.

I think theres some truth to that. I actually agree with alot of what he says. But I just dont trust his ego running the country. Not yet anyway.

I'd rather have Trump than any of the other repubs. Trumps stances on abortion, civil rights, affirmative action, legalizing weed, more or less staying clear of the middle east etc tell me he's not as crazy as he wants you to believe. He will pivot after winning the nomination even more to the center.

I think this is a definite possibility. Even in his books, he notes that theres no such thing as bad press. I think theres a good chance he keeps saying outrageous things because it gets him free air time. Guess we'll see soon enough.

The only guy that would cause me to fill out immigration paperwork would be Carson.

Luckily I think his run is almost over. He should pull out immediately.

Because theyre mindless sheep. Theres really no other reason it could possibly happen.

hillary honestly might get indicted lol this is surreal

She shouldve been in jail decades ago. Id love to see it, but just dont think itll ever happen.

Trump's ego is so large it scares me. He would have the same disdain for Congress that Obama does, and would love him some executive orders. I may have to hold to my nose to vote Trump instead of Hillary, but hoping for some combination involving Rubio.

Trump's ego is so large it scares me. He would have the same disdain for Congress that Obama does, and would love him some executive orders. I may have to hold to my nose to vote Trump instead of Hillary, but hoping for some combination involving Rubio.

This is my only concern with Trump which is why a better than normal VP is the key for him. Someone that can politic once he has had enough and wants to be a dictator. Someone he respects enough to let reign him in when need be.

Of course I do not have that answer as to who it would be.

So funny this narrative that is emerging, that "the establishment" and deep pocket givers are looking at the GOP race reality that the winner will either be Donald Trump or Ted Cruz....and have decided to go all-in with the lesser of the 2 evils, Trump. Hilarious that of the 2 men the consensus developing is that Trump would be the one less likely to cause others on the down ticket to lose.

Hillary drowning in the polls, Dems in real danger of nominating Bernie? Better schedule an emergency debate!!! ERRR, town hall event, monday primetime on CNN. Amusing that the Hillary camp think this will save them, fact is the more their candidate talks or is seen the more she turns off everyone - even the hard left in her hown party.

Hillary is losing support with millennial women, think about that. Zero surprise CNN and Zucker jumping in to help.

So funny this narrative that is emerging, that "the establishment" and deep pocket givers are looking at the GOP race reality that the winner will either be Donald Trump or Ted Cruz....and have decided to go all-in with the lesser of the 2 evils, Trump. Hilarious that of the 2 men the consensus developing is that Trump would be the one less likely to cause others on the down ticket to lose.

Hillary drowning in the polls, Dems in real danger of nominating Bernie? Better schedule an emergency debate!!! ERRR, town hall event, monday primetime on CNN. Amusing that the Hillary camp think this will save them, fact is the more their candidate talks or is seen the more she turns off everyone - even the hard left in her hown party.

Still think the Dems will conference at the Dem convention and draft Biden/Warren.

Morgan Stanley is predicting 1.9% GDP growth for 2016 and 1.8% for 2017.

Next POTUS is going to have his hands full trying to clean up the economy, might even be an Obama recession.

Obama & his justice department ultimately won't do anything to Hillary FWIW. if there was even a CHANCE they would, he would have pushed/allowed Biden to enter the race a couple months ago.

and bottom line Obama wants Hillary elected, the worst thing that could happen to him is anyone GOP winning and starting to undo his 'accomplishments' immediately January 2017. the best stroking of his ego is Hillary running & winning while saying she will continue Obamaism.

Morgan Stanley is predicting 1.9% GDP growth for 2016 and 1.8% for 2017.

Next POTUS is going to have his hands full trying to clean up the economy, might even be an Obama recession.
The oil bubble has popped and if prices do not bounce back it is going to cause serious damage to the economy. Banks and junk bond holders are on the hook for around a half trillion dollars used to invest in the oil sector. It was all fine when oil was $100 a barrel, but oil below $40 is going to bankrupt a ton of companies, put hundreds of thousands of people out of work, and lead to widespread defaults on loans. It won't be as bad as the 2008 housing collapse, but still, cheap oil, which is a great benefit to drivers, is a real threat to the economy.

Reactions: m1sK12
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT