POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bloomberg getting in the race has nothing to do with him being President.

He's considering doing Hillary a favor, and this is part of the negotiations playing out.

How am I selling him a bit short? I said in some regards. I think you actually confirmed my statement. He is intelligent when it comes to law or at least whatever particular type of law this professor instructed. My physics professor said I was his best student. Doesn't mean shit really. Just that I was good at physics. Cruz might be a whiz at constitutional law. Still doesn't change the fact that he has said some pretty absurd things in his brief political career. Maybe he's just dishonest and not dumb? Considering most fact checking websites rank him as the most dishonest.

I hate Cruz. But to think hes an idiot is just ignorant. I already posted his academic credentials. Hes nothing short of brilliant. Clerk at SCOTUS. National debate/moot court champion.

His views suck. But hes incredibly intelligent. So is Trump, Carson (who I could easily agree is an idiot), Christie, and Paul for that matter. Funny the dems want to make fun of GOP candidates and call them stupid, when theyre clearly more academically accomplished and with better qualifications to govern this nation. I say this even though I hate all but 2 or 3.

I hate Cruz. But to think hes an idiot is just ignorant. I already posted his academic credentials. Hes nothing short of brilliant. Clerk at SCOTUS. National debate/moot court champion.

His views suck. But hes incredibly intelligent. So is Trump, Carson (who I could easily agree is an idiot), Christie, and Paul for that matter. Funny the dems want to make fun of GOP candidates and call them stupid, when theyre clearly more academically accomplished and with better qualifications to govern this nation. I say this even though I hate all but 2 or 3.

Absolutely.

Trump was awesome this weekend...basically said there is nothing he could say or do to lose his supporters and once elected he will change completely. But hey, "let's try something different".

Reactions: jamo0001
Trump was awesome this weekend...basically said there is nothing he could say or do to lose his supporters and once elected he will change completely. But hey, "let's try something different".

I think I may bite on trump and it's because of that last line "Let's try something different"

Reactions: drawing_dead
Charlie Gasparino from Fox Business; who is tight with the NY folks, doesnt think Bloomberg will run.

Someone not a raging narcissist would understand the hypocrisy in making this charge

but, it underlines the point I made a few days ago - Obama is all-in on Hillary, and don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise

I never saw anything about Rubio that would make me want to vote for him.

To me, the best POTUS would be Kasich or Christie, but neither can get any traction. Cruz scares me more than Bernie.

Kasich or Christie are by far the most competent to run this cycle. Even Scott Walker. Senators and billionaires that inherited their wealth are ugh.

Ted Cruz isn't a moron, but he's too damn unlikable.

I thought Newt Gingrich had some great ideas, but he has the same problem as Cruz. Utter doucheyness

I mean, we'd be on a moon base in 4 years if we'd just elected Gingrich! A RUCKING MOON BASE!

Reactions: Willy4UK
Well, you guys clearly know more about politics than I do, so this is just my opinion, but I agree that Kasich would probably make the best president. Seems to know a lot about how government works and just world politics in general. I don't think he can win though. I think a Trump/Kasich ticket would work.

I read that no one had ever been elected President without carrying the state of Ohio, surely Kasich could do that. I would be okay with Cruz/Kasich also, don't get the Cruz hate. Anybody but Hillary, if she wins, I might move to Mexico.

If Al Gore had carried his own state of Tennessee, he would have been President. Thankfully, we knew enough about him to send him on his merry little way. (To massive riches.)

Texas grand jury starts out investigating Planned Parenthood, ends up indicting two of the activists behind the videos.

it'd be funny if it weren't such a morbid topic.

I don't think I have ever posted here. I consider myself a Republican. With that said, it will be a cold day in hell before I ever vote for that bigoted, racist clown who made fun of a disabled reporter. The Republican Party better find somebody else up, quick and in a hurry. Or they are going to get their ass kicked again.

Reactions: -LEK-
Texas grand jury starts out investigating Planned Parenthood, ends up indicting two of the activists behind the videos.

it'd be funny if it weren't such a morbid topic.

I know, rich. This country is really, screwed up. This type of thing that makes people like Trump.

Per the BBC, eleven states launched investigations into PP based on the videos. Nine of those states have found nothing. Two others (AZ and LA) are still investigating.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/01/2...nt.html?_r=0&referer=https://news.google.com/
The Super Pacs which are so loved by the GOP establishment are simultaneously keeping the campaigns of Bush, Kasich, Christie, and Rubio alive while at the same time allowing them to batter each other. No one is dropping out because of all the money, which leaves no single united establishment candidate to battle Trump. It couldn't happen to a better bunch.

Gary Johnson is against late term abortion, probably selling the parts too.

Last edited:
Sure you are. You seemed incredulous someone did not think that group should have been indicted for exposing PP. Yet another contradiction with whom you supposedly voted for last time.

Who knew libertarians would against oversight and accountability in large organizations. Or perhaps we have some strange sect of blind faith libertarians on catpaw.

I wish they would just go with my idea. If that baby has facial hair, it's too damn old to abort.

Sure you are. You seemed incredulous someone did not think that group should have been indicted for exposing PP. Yet another contradiction with whom you supposedly voted for last time.
If PP did something wrong they should be indicted. The DA in Harris county found they broke no laws. They did find wrong doing by David Daleiden. Maybe Marco will mount a public defense for him.

Have you been taking rathole lessons from fuzz? Jesus. Hillary is more consistent on her stances than you, no wonder you find her "mainstream" and "reasonable".

You want the group that did the video indicted. Noted.

Who is for late term abortions? Seriously, is there a candidate or PAC or prominent, identifiable group that has come out in support of late term abortions? And let's define late term, because that gets bandied about without a definition. Roe v. Wade said third trimester, and that meets a common sense definition of late term (as it's the third of three), so let's go with that. So who is for it? Genuinely curious.

Someone not a raging narcissist would understand the hypocrisy in making this charge

but, it underlines the point I made a few days ago - Obama is all-in on Hillary, and don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise

Not if he thinks she can't win. He doesn't want a GOP POTUS following him. I'm still calling Biden/Warren, especially is Hillary is indicted.

Who is for late term abortions? Seriously, is there a candidate or PAC or prominent, identifiable group that has come out in support of late term abortions? And let's define late term, because that gets bandied about without a definition. Roe v. Wade said third trimester, and that meets a common sense definition of late term (as it's the third of three), so let's go with that. So who is for it? Genuinely curious.
I'm ok with ending some late term abortions. Most people are. I can't agree with those who want to eliminate abortion completely, with no exceptions, like Marco Rubio. Johnson is pro choice with limits. I can support that.

Slowly raises hand.

I was kidding man

Nobody would approve of a late term 8 or 9 month abortion.

Well depending on the parents employment status........
I'm pretty sure Hillary & Debbie Wasserman Shultz are perfectly fine with this, and have been quoted as such. Women's right to chose to them means up until the last second of allowing the child to emerge alive.

I'm pretty sure Hillary & Debbie Wasserman Shultz are perfectly fine with this, and have been quoted as such. Women's right to chose to them means up until the last second of allowing the child to emerge alive.

You did just mention a two headed devil. So not surprised here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT