POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Something Dems and reps should def support, but media won't portray that.

Democrats/liberals are against it. They're labeling DeVos as a rape enabler. They don't give a shit about facts, evidence and/or due process. They're more worried about feelings.

Now would be a good time for Trump to float modifying Sec. 501(c)(6) to drop professional football leagues from tax exempt status as part of tax reform. Just to troll. Or to actually do it, because **** them.

The athletes wouldn't even understand what this means.

They know they get paid and govt gets 35% and agent gets 15% and they get what's left.

Well IIRC Trump was one of the top guys of the USFL and an investor in the XFL.

I'd laugh if he helped destroy the NFL and set up a new league once he left the presidency.

How is anti white supremacy not racist? I mean why hasn't anyone asked Don lemon if he is pro black? Of course he is as he should be........therefore he is a black supremist.......an I wrong here?

Who cares if you cheer for your race to do better/be the best race?

- Also is there a world power beside China/Japan that isn't run by whites? Honest question here. By world power I mean.......well you should know what I mean.

Is this real? They have tax exempt status?

Pro sports are costly to taxpayers. Why do non sports fans have to pay for arenas for millionaire's and billionaire's?
The NFL "corporate" is tax exempt. The actual franchises are not.

How the billionaire league owners convince ordinary taxpayers to build them huge multi million dollar stadiums is another completely different matter.
I guess why that's why they're still billionaires and the rest of us( well the cities they con) are suckers

So this only applies to athletes? He's veering off course here.
Nope, one fight at one moment as it comes. Not off course, simply stepping off the path to deal with a problem as it pops up. It is called fighting many battle fronts. The dems seize every opportunity to disrupt only to be outwitted again and again.

Reactions: screwduke1
Nope, one fight at one moment as it comes. Not off course, simply stepping off the path to deal with a problem as it pops up. It is called fighting many battle fronts. The dems seize every opportunity to disrupt only to be outwitted again and again.

What's next though? Once he gets tired of verbally sparring with athletes, then who does he go after?

I just see a slippery slope with the government trying to tell the private sector how to run their business. Sounds like something the dems would pull honestly.

Now would be a good time for Trump to float modifying Sec. 501(c)(6) to drop professional football leagues from tax exempt status as part of tax reform. Just to troll. Or to actually do it, because **** them.
I was also wondering if this was going to be his next tweet, so I decided to look it up. Turns out, the NFL voluntarily dropped it back in '15.

Lol why is our President such a douche and why do rednecks like him? It'd be sad if it wasn't funny.

I just see a slippery slope with the government trying to tell the private sector how to run their business.

Criticizing their protest and the fact that the NFL is allowing it to happen =/= "the government trying to tell the private sector how to run their business". Trump never tried to tell the NFL anything. He simply offered his opinion on what he thought they should do, and millions agree with him.

The 1A works both ways. The players have every right to protest and the NFL has every right to allow it, but doesn't mean Trump or the rest who disagree have to sit back, tolerate it and accept it. They have every right to the same 1A and can call them out, criticize them and counter protest against it.

What's next though? Once he gets tired of verbally sparring with athletes, then who does he go after?

I just see a slippery slope with the government trying to tell the private sector how to run their business. Sounds like something the dems would pull honestly.
Not really, he is only doing what they are doing only louder. They don't want to be there out of protest, he simply takes the offer back. Not trying to run their business, simply telling them he will not take the B.S. They are trying to influence his business of governing the American people by trying to influence public opinion albeit in ignorance. These people are not very bright, they simply do what they see some other people do and copy it. They really have no clue as to what they are doing. George Soros and the Marxist people who serve him control these puppets and most don't even know it.

DKbj7zoX0AAB8EY.jpg

Btw @JohnKBA the left has no one to blame but themselves for the slippery slope. They've been using sports as part of their culture war. If they didn't think eventually it would be turned on them, they were fools. If not Trump, someone was going to do it, and rightfully so. The rules can't only be applied one way, and expect the other side to sit and take it. The rules always turn at some point.

Another reason Trump won is he is not afraid to call out the BS

Reactions: JohnKBA
Yes but, if you quit paying for tickets and sports programs we can get the owners to do the right thing and fire these snowflakes. Maybe if they lose enough money, the entertainment community will start doing what they are paid for, entertainment.

I LOVE football
But I love my family and some other things a LOT more

I think you're right about the economic approach to sending a message

It's also a step towards becoming more ... I don't know....'aware'? 'awake/" of what condition and where we are historically as a nation.....

I really don't want to belabor that point because it'll sound preachy -- and like i said -- I LOVE football

But why continue going to games and watching networks that are essentially laughing at a wide range of citizens AS they castigate and undermine you/us/them

Is this real? They have tax exempt status?

Pro sports are costly to taxpayers. Why do non sports fans have to pay for arenas for millionaire's and billionaire's?

Looked this up a while back

The NFL "front office" is 100% tax exempt and I believe it's set up as a "Charitable Institution"

The individual franchises pay municipal and/or state taxes I believe

So -- unless it's changed in the past year --- that's at least partially true

and sickening...

Reactions: ymmot31
@KingOfSleaze you nailed it earlier. Trump has done nothing that anyone on the left should even care about - and if you give him 8 years, he still wouldn't. He's probably more liberal than any president of the last 40 years with the exception of Obama.

Trump was even ahead of the game on gay marriage. Obama and Hilldawg flipped on that one. Trump is pro choice too. He's not the least bit religious. He checks all the boxes the left usually clings to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT