POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think that's why Trump did it. He wants more to do it so the ratings tumble even more. He handed the NFL enough rope to hang itself. And they are going to hang themselves bigly. You can see it coming a mile away.
What is the end result then? Sports teams will have to change their policies and I don't see that happening.

McCain and Flake wrote the joint oversight report.

FLASHBACK: Greedy NFL Part of Cartel That Charged Military $53 Million to Honor Fallen Troops

From the Joint Oversight Report

While many professional sporting teams do include patriotic events as a pure display of national pride, this report highlights far too many instances when that is simply not the case. When our offices first discovered this practice, we sought to better understand it from DOD and introduced an amendment to the 2016 National Defense Authorization Act ;EͿto end these tax payer funded salutes to the troops.

The United States Senate’s oversight has worked. DOD has banned paid patriotism and the NFL has called on all clubs to stop accepting payment for patriotic salutes.

However, more work remains. Despite our success curbing this inappropriate use of taxpayer funds, DOD still cannot fully account for the nature and extent of paid patriotism activities.
In fact, more than a third of the contracts highlighted in this report were not included in DOD’s list; instead, our offices discovered the additional contracts through our own investigative work. In the end, two-thirds of the contracts found by our offices or reported by DOD contained some form of paid patriotism.

I just don't see the owners of pro teams doing a damn thing. Guarantee you will see far more protests today then you would have had nothing been said.

Reactions: angryram
Unfortunately all President Trump has suceded in doing in my opinion is to create more sympathy for those protesting the National Anthem. You will now see more not less.

I think you'll see a lot more but I don't think there's more sympathy. People who are sympathetic to entitled millionaires being disrespectful and dragging politics into sports were already sympathetic to them before Trump ever said anything. The more they do it the more people will turn it off. Of course some non fans might watch the first 10 minutes just see if they do it but that won't make up for what they lose.

Then what is the change going to be?

NFL may or may not go this route but the NBA has a rule that you must stand. If they start losing enough money then you never know.

I'm a casual pro football fan. I watch it to be entertained.

I post in the political thread to vent politics. I'm in the silent majority of Trump supporters. I really don't discuss politics outside of this thread.

That being said, I probably won't even turn the tv on today. I couldn't care any less who is sitting or standing. I'm not tuning out as a protest against their viewpoints, just the fact I don't want to hear about it. I don't find the nfl entertaining enough to sit through the political bullshit. It's going to be front and center all day today.

Just play football.

Ha ha, drunken shit posting on the political forum. Don't get no better than that, bitches. Well, maybe if the Cats had won. That would be better. But as it stands? Tits up!

I'm a casual pro football fan. I watch it to be entertained.

I post in the political thread to vent politics. I'm in the silent majority of Trump supporters. I really don't discuss politics outside of this thread.

That being said, I probably won't even turn the tv on today. I couldn't care any less who is sitting or standing. I'm not tuning out as a protest against their viewpoints, just the fact I don't want to hear about it. I don't find the nfl entertaining enough to sit through the political bullshit. It's going to be front and center all day today.

Just play football.

That's exactly why I turned the game off on Thursday. Stop shoving it down my throat. Treat it like a naked streaker that runs on the field. Get back to the game.

Reactions: Rex Kwon Do
Not a big Trump person and not because I don't personally like him or disagree with politics but because I'm not a politics person in general. One thing I've come to learn about Trump though is that I think one of his most favorite parts of being president is fighting the culture wars. He loves to kick the hornets nest.

I believe this ends in one of two ways and Trump wins both. NFL makes them stand or the NFL goes so pc trying to appease them they do away with the anthem all together to avoid the situation entirely.

Reactions: screwduke1
[laughing]

Had never even considered that.....would they really put a gun to their own head and pull the trigger? God bless that would be criminally funny to see come to fruition.

I think that is what the Cultural Marxists want. They want to end the patriotism that sports have promoted since the beginning. Sports was/is used to prepare kids for military.

Reactions: augustaky1
Not a big Trump person and not because I don't personally like him or disagree with politics but because I'm not a politics person in general. One thing I've come to learn about Trump though is that I think one of his most favorite parts of being president is fighting the culture wars. He loves to kick the hornets nest.

I believe this ends in one of two ways and Trump wins both. NFL makes them stand or the NFL goes so pc trying to appease them they do away with the anthem all together trying to avoid the situation entirely.

Dang D Wayne, seems like you've got your finger firmly on the pulse. Donald's presidency is certainly about how professional athletes and media personalities view him.

How do we know we have a good president? Some stupid black bastard takes exception to him. That's how. Hope Kaeperdick takes a vacation in Chicago soon.

Be interesting to see what happens in the NBA this year when a player doesn't stand, The NBA fines the player and the ACLU steps in to challenge the policy.

President Trump is a TRUE American who LOVES this Country and like I believe you should ALWAYS STAND for the NATIONAL ANTHEM. If you want to Protest go Protest somewhere and in another way. That is your RIGHT. The Flag and The National Anthem are OFF limits!! Too many people have died fighting for these two things to be DISRESPECTFUL!!

Reactions: warrior-cat
I'm pro American.
Unfortunately all President Trump has suceded in doing in my opinion is to create more sympathy for those protesting the National Anthem. You will now see more not less.
good I hope the whole team does it. I hope roger goodell kneels in solidarity. hahaha what a buffoon league. NFL has been destroyed.

Pro sports are private enterprises. if the owners are willing to let employees make political protests on company time, have at it.
If enough fans quit going to games you'll see how fast the owners do something about it.

I stopped watching pros years ago, except for a few innings of a reds game occassionaly. i wouldn't care if they all went out of business.

Every black pro athlete, every celebrity at an awards show, every Hollywood talk show host, every liberal arts professor, every major news network in both digital and in broadcast (w/half of Fox being the exception) all bash Trump and all bash conservatives and Republicans relentlessly. I'd say, they even dehumanize us with labels as being "uneducated" and "Nazis" and "racist."

For any of these people to claim someone else is being divisive, shows their lack of self awareness and delusion.

it's important to note that it is PERCEIVED Injustice. It is noteworthy to say that one can have a perception that is mightily fkd up and in fact WRONG. But carry on burning down towns or telling a child to engage in rioting. That will surely right the "injustices" that exist. Black cultural rot enabled by elitist white liberals is THE injustice.

But it is very hard for me to get in the mind of someone who feels it is "right" to burn buildings, throw cinder blocks at people or rape a woman b/c of "perceived injustices". I know I have done some things out of self righteousness and after introspecting I came to the conclusion that I was wrong. I was the asshole. I don't think liberals have the ability to say "you know maybe we shouldn't have beaten that white man b/c he was white, or maybe we shouldn't have burned down the town and rioted, destroying OTHERS property."

Pro sports are private enterprises. if the owners are willing to let employees make political protests on company time, have at it.
If enough fans quit going to games you'll see how fast the owners do something about it.

I stopped watching pros years ago, except for a few innings of a reds game occassionaly. i wouldn't care if they all went out of business.

Political speech isn't protected at work places though. And if they can do this, they better drop all fines to Christian business owners who got targeted by the LGBT psychos.

The best part is these guys make billions per year combined and the best they can collectively come up with to fight injustice is to take a knee. All kneeling no action. It's simple and lazy.

Take a knee at the local police department. Go spend some time with Mayors in your city. Doesn't even take the billions of dollars you have but yet regular citizens that bust our ass everyday should be outraged with our country and our local PD?

I believe this ends in one of two ways and Trump wins both. NFL makes them stand or the NFL goes so pc trying to appease them they do away with the anthem all together to avoid the situation entirely.
Hey D wayne, should we do away with baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet first?

What if we were like our little brown brothers to the south? How bout we started killing senators and judges that we disagree with? How would that be?

I don't know about you, but if Hillary was shot in the face, I would be sad if there wasn't high def video of it. How bout someone drills Kaperdick while he's kneeling? Do these people feel strongly enough to continue to steal my country?

Warrior Cat has taken an oath to protect me. Can I count on him to kill O'bama and Hillary? What good is an oath to protect me from all combatants foreign and domestic?

Warrior, if you don't kill them, or facilitate another killing them, then you have failed your sworn duty.

I would gladly pull the trigger on either, or both.

I'll never have the opportunity, but if either knock on my front door. I will defend my castle.

Here's the larger point. Trump is speaking to the large majority of the country who are sick and tired of all policy being determined by the idiots who do sports, entertainment and news. Have you tried to watch ESPN lately?? How about the Emmy's?? What about CNN???

I'm not a big Trump fan and probably never will be. BUT he has the nuts to spit in the eye of the cultural elite who try to dictate what's right and wrong and I love it. Again, the Warriors were trying to make political points out of the White House visit so the President told them to shove it. That's GREAT! In a speech he challenges fans to walk out on games where players sit during the national anthem or for owners to fire them. You don't think the majority of Americans feel this way as well?? Have you seen the slippage in NFL ratings the last two years? How is ESPN doing?

I've said this numerous times and I'll say it again. President Trump knows exactly what he's doing and he's playing chess while the punditocricy is playing checkers. They've never liked him anyway so instead of letting them dictate the rules, he shoves it right back at them. He'll win this battle with the media and elitist every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

President Trump is a TRUE American who LOVES this Country and like I believe you should ALWAYS STAND for the NATIONAL ANTHEM. If you want to Protest go Protest somewhere and in another way. That is your RIGHT. The Flag and The National Anthem are OFF limits!! Too many people have died fighting for these two things to be DISRESPECTFUL!!

Political speech isn't protected at work places though. And if they can do this, they better drop all fines to Christian business owners who got targeted by the LGBT psychos.
I have yet to see pro life or pro NRA players come out. What would the media's reaction be then?

Just want to clarify, I have no problem whatever with black people. I have a definite problem with black people who HIDE behind their color and try to blame other people,, white people,, for their stupidity. Kill other inner city blacks. Go ahead, hell, I'll pay for your guns. Have abortions. I damn sure don't want you raising all those dumbasses to live off my dime. But keep your lying, thieving asses out of my politics. This is serious shit. Let the adult whites take care of it, you'll still get yours.

Shut the eff up until you have something to bring to the table instead of "woe is me".

Thing is the NFL not only is unwatchable b/c of the politics but the players suck too. Compare the stars of today with those of a decade or so ago... (not even considering the fluff rules of no targeting the drama of "concussed" or not. It's an effing joke all the way around.

Peyton Manning
John Elway
Dan Marino
BrettFavre
Randy Moss
Edgerrin James
M.Faulk
Steve Smith

now...
Dak Prescott
Andy Dalton
Sam Bradford?
AJ Green
Jets?Bills?Cardinals?Titans? Mariotta?LMFAO

The league sucks, its players suck. Good riddance bunch of pansies.

Overall I think Trump (ad a shitton of Americans) enjoy seeing a light shone on the bottom line: there are some people here that don’t like America, it’s history, and what it stands for.

For the longest time Obama and H types would wear a pin, call themselves patriots etc but it’s obvious they hate the place. Their actions dictated that.

We’re moving to a place where those who hate it are having to show their cards and I for one thank that big beautiful orange man for catalyzing it.

Double down NFL. Please double down and watch what the power of the consumer does to your league.
Already some “unity” tweets from Brady and Rodgers....eff off.

Rodgers tweeted a pic of taking a knee with a couple other players..........at practice, just taking a knee. Do it in the game, asshole. Shouldn’t be surprised considering he disowned his whole family over a piece of trim.

Be an interesting Sunday. Take a knee, f*ggots whom make 7 figures +.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT