POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kudos to Rand Paul for opposing the bill, consistent with his principles.

John McCain can **** himself right in the head tumor. Ironically, I think his attempts to harm Trump are going to make people move further from the establishment.

As they should. The voters want actual change and for these mother effers to do what they say they're going to do. The McCain and Ryan types are the ones playing games and shit. The voters want Trump. We want his agenda. We don't like two losers like Romney and McCain.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
One big positive from the health care debacle is that these RINO's are now fully out in the open. Shining a light on them will help expose them for their next elections.

Trump needs to get Joe Manchin (while convincing him to stay registered Dem) and put him in his cabinet somewhere. Getting a few moderate Dems in his administration would be one step closer to a solidifying a third party.

Why would Graham want McCain to vote no on a Bill he has worked so hard to pass? McCain just being his regular jackass self.

The Bill was never meant to pass, they know it. The only way to fully do away with obamacare with as little political collateral damage as possible, is to let it fail.

All this bill was about is trying to get Graham reelected, he's in trouble this next election. Now he can say he sponsored a bill that would've saved healthcare, and still say he opposed obamacare. Mccain being his friend ensured it never passed, thats a win-win for those 2 dickheads.

Why would Graham want McCain to vote no on a Bill he has worked so hard to pass? McCain just being his regular jackass self.

Because now it looks like the guys who are running for reelection tried to get something done, but the guy who isn't running for reelection came in to stop it. Graham and the establishment can say he tried to get repeal and replace (lie, this was never repeal and replace) but rogue senators stopped it.

I'm not falling for it.

Look at what Grassley said the other day. They all know the bill was shit, but were just doing it to say they did it.

Because now it looks like the guys who are running for reelection tried to get something done, but the guy who isn't running for reelection came in to stop it. Graham and the establishment can say he tried to get repeal and replace (lie, this was never repeal and replace) but rogue senators stopped it.

I'm not falling for it.

Look at what Grassley said the other day. They all know the bill was shit, but were just doing it to say they did it.
Then what a total waste of time from these bastards.

I can't stand Mccain, I don't wish him to die, but I sure wish he'd quietly go out to pasture.

Watching Ken Burns documentary on Vietnam last night, and they had a clip of Mccain after his capture crying like a scared little boy to the NVA. You're a GD Naval officer, act like it!

He sucked at Annapolis, but his Daddy and Grandaddy were admirals so he got through, he damn near sank the Forrestal, and shouldve went to the brig, but see his daddy and grandaddy. Then he was captured and playedit for what it was worth to become a Senator.

Haha. Who wants to enjoy this propaganda identity politics turd fest of a video where Hillary and her team spent a ton of money to declare for the preisency?

Then what a total waste of time from these bastards.

Their entire existence is a waste of time. The only thing they actually do is pass bills to spy on Americans. They can's pass a budget. Can't pass actual legislation they promised for years. Can't do a damn thing.

They're going to end up blowing tax reform.

Reactions: Bill Derington
Their entire existence is a waste of time. The only thing they actually do is pass bills to spy on Americans. They can's pass a budget. Can't pass actual legislation they promised for years. Can't do a damn thing.

They're going to end up blowing tax reform.
If that happens then hopefully they blow up their careers as well.

The only way to fully do away with obamacare with as little political collateral damage as possible, is to let it fail.

I agree, but what's the fix after that? Budget reconciliation window is up in a couple weeks. After that, any bill proposed has to have 60 votes to pass. Meaning, the R's can't start from square one by themselves. D's will have to be involved, and since they know that, they'll have all the power/say so, and we all know the direction they want to go with health care.

Can't pass actual legislation they promised for years.

It is sad that they're this incompetent at governing but, to be fair, full repeal changes the actual laws on the books. It can't be passed under budget reconciliation, and requires 60 votes. So, even if every single R in the Senate was on board, they still wouldn't have enough votes for full repeal.

It is sad that they're this incompetent at governing but, to be fair, full repeal changes the actual laws on the books. It can't be passed under budget reconciliation, and requires 60 votes. So, even if every single R in the Senate was on board, they still wouldn't have enough votes for full repeal.

Crazy they just learned that. You'd think they would have known that and not campaigned on full repeal for 7 straight years up until the day they actually had power.

So no, there's no "to be fair" that involves cutting them any slack. It's fair to judge them based on the fact they promised full repeal and didn't do that. To be fair, I'll refrain from drawing a conclusion on whether or not that was pure incompetence or an intentional lie.

I'm not falling for it.

Bill, you called this one dead on a few days ago. Nice work.

Reactions: augustaky1
I'd bet there's a silent majority of Europeans who love Donald Trump and hate the way the globalists and EU powers are ruining their countries. Same as the silent majority in the US.

Middle East probably hates us, but whatever, we hate them too.

Then why not stay out of their mix? F them! We don't have to have anything from them and the only thing we ever wanted was to send our bad for the environment companies there for free labor and oil.

Get out of there and let them crazy bastards blow each other away.

Crazy they just learned that. You'd think they would have known that and not campaigned on full repeal for 7 straight years up until the day they actually had power.

They were probably hoping to win enough seats to have a 60 vote, filibuster proof majority. Didn't turn out that way and now they're stuck with a campaign full of full repeal falsehoods.

So no, there's no "to be fair" that involves cutting them any slack. It's fair to judge them based on the fact they promised full repeal and didn't do that. To be fair, I'll refrain from drawing a conclusion on whether or not that was pure incompetence or an intentional lie.

I completely agree. You won't get an argument from me. I was just pointing out that it's impossible under the current circumstances. Again, they were either hoping to hold 60 seats or they were lying for votes.

I will say one thing as a matter of fact, though. Even if they weren't lying during those seven years, every single R, since November 9th, was well aware that they only held 52 seats, just like they were well aware it takes 60 votes to change actual law.

So, from that moment on, every single R that was still pushing for full repeal, was purposely being flat out dishonest and/or grandstanding for the base.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
There is no FIXING Obamacare.

You don't fix thousands of pages of shitty legislation by modifying those thousands of pages.

You blow it up and start from square one.

Let. It. Fail.

This.

It's the only way, and it's so obvious these jackasses can't just let it go.

I don't care what people ran on, the best move is to stay away from this bastard policy and let it destroy itself and eventually the media has no choice but to call it what it is.......a failure just like its originator.

Hopefully Trump spends his Friday night coming up with new ways to insult John McCain. Can't really call out the entire Republican party since he needs tax reform or his Presidency is effectively over.

Reactions: screwduke1
I really wish he would listen to Rand Paul more. That guy is the smartest SOB in Washington and for whatever reason he just can't sell himself.

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
Hopefully Trump spends his Friday night coming up with new ways to insult John McCain. Can't really call out the entire Republican party since he needs tax reform or his Presidency is effectively over.

You have to wonder how much of this is personal. McCain is dying - he won't last a whole lot longer. I can see him just wanting to be the who sticks it to Trump for being called a coward by him on the campaign trail.

let it destroy itself and eventually the media has no choice but to call it what it is.......a failure just like its originator.

I keep reading this, and I agree to an extent, but then what? No one ever says what happens next after it fails. Here's how I see it going.

Budget reconciliation ends in a couple weeks and after that the R's will need 60 votes and can't start from square one without D support. That gives all the power to the D's. D's will refuse to vote for a new bill unless they get their way, and while R's and D's are arguing it out, millions will have lost their healthcare from Obamacare failing, the media will put all of the blame on the R's for allowing it to fail, then the R's, like always, will cave to the D's, giving them their way because the R's can't take the media heat, and we're one step closer to single payer.

You have to wonder how much of this is personal. McCain is dying - he won't last a whole lot longer. I can see him just wanting to be the who sticks it to Trump for being called a coward by him on the campaign trail.

And it will all be in vain.

What a great way to spend his dying days.

Maybe Trump should lock him in a cage. That seems to get his cooperation.

McCain probably isn't running for re election so he knows he can stick a knife into Trump and twist it with no repercussions.

Hes one of the most bitter human beings on the planet. He can't retire or die soon enough for me. If that makes me a terrible person, oh well. McCain is much more terrible than I am.

Screw that guy.

I'm not falling for it.

Exactly....they know McCain and 3-4 others are key to anything passing. No way Graham would not know how his butt buddy was going to vote.

McCain probably isn't running for re election so he knows he can stick a knife into Trump and twist it with no repercussions.

Hes one of the most bitter human beings on the planet. He can't retire or die soon enough for me. If that makes me a terrible person, oh well. McCain is much more terrible than I am.

Screw that guy.

Mccain was just reelected this past November, he ran on repealing Obamacare.

I keep reading this, and I agree to an extent, but then what? No one ever says what happens next after it fails. Here's how I see it going.

Budget reconciliation ends in a couple weeks and after that the R's will need 60 votes and can't start from square one without D support. That gives all the power to the D's. D's will refuse to vote for a new bill unless they get their way, and while R's and D's are arguing it out, millions will have lost their healthcare from Obamacare failing, the media will put all of the blame on the R's for allowing it to fail, then the R's, like always, will cave to the D's, giving them their way because the R's can't take the media heat, and we're one step closer to single payer.

Then the private carriers like Aetna, Humana etc set the parameters for health insurance like they should.

Listen I get it, a bunch of poor folks needs better coverage.......and you know what else they needed to do in life earn a living that covered the cost!

I'd love to eat at Ruth Chris every night, but guess what they don't give a shit about my lack of earning potential to pay for it......they aren't making special considerations for me...... whah whah whah.........GTFO.

Sorry for you if you didn't consider this issue before it was an issue. That sucks but I don't want to be taxed on my hard work to cover that cost for you. F you!

And Moe I'm not saying you per se, just Obamacare benefitors

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT