POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It does nothing but encourage an endless wave of lawbreakers. That's why they should go.
People say they should go, but go where? Dump them in the ocean? They may not know their birth country & unless US proves they came from some country. why would a country take them?

People don't want to mess with the details, they just want to rant.

Reactions: jameslee32

You just now figuring that out about this board? By the way, I agree with you. It is all just hot air, there is no way we are deporting 800,000 people (16% of which now own homes so I read - what are we going to do with the banks that loaned the money to the folks being deported, bail them out??)

Reading the comments could make one's head explode. There are some real nut jobs out there. I see a lot of people complaining about N Korea. How do these idiots think N Korea acquired their nuclear technology? Combo of Clinton and Obama administrations. Just clueless. No critical thinking skills whatsoever.

Here's what I think is going to happen and I think Trump won't mind if it happens. Ds aren't going to budge off of full amnesty, path to citizenship. Rs are going to want Raise Act, e-verify, big border security, funding for wall etc...

And just like the last several times they've tried doing immigration reform, neither side is going to be able to agree on anything and nothing is going to be able to pass. Trump can then say he gave the Dreamers a chance. He gave Congress eight months plus six more, they let everyone down. His hands are tied now.

Last edited:
Legalizing those brought here as children has zero impact on those trying to immigrate legally, including the fairness of it. The latter have the mental capacity to make an informed decision. Dreamers did not. Go after the Dreamers' parents all you like. Fine with that.

How people can't see that Dreamers being here is no fault of there's & thus that they should not be punished - and deporting them would be punishment - escapes me. It's really sick/warped to punish them.
Ignorant take. Not understanding how the people who have tried for years to become citizens see that these here illegally might get it simply because some of you allow the law to be broken is worse. It only sends a message to all others to forgo the legal approach and to come on in, thereby adding more problems to an already massive problem. Your inability to see this or willingness to let it happen because you agree with the inevitable outcome, is disturbing

I like what Rand Paul suggested. End DACA but let the current kids stay. But for each one that stays, that reduces the next years immigration number by one.
There's a chance we might see that. Freedom Caucus has taken the lead on writing the bill and are working very closely with Trump.

People say they should go, but go where? Dump them in the ocean? They may not know their birth country & unless US proves they came from some country. why would a country take them?

How do you feel about the ones who no longer live with their parents off my dime but now live on their own, off my dime?

No way should we do away with the electoral college. It is the only reason that candidates even bother to stop in small states like Kentucky. Otherwise, all you would have to do is campaign in NY and Texas and Florida and California. Sort of what Hillary actually did. Worked just great for the country.

FFY

Reactions: ymmot31 and Tskware
If illegal immigration gets a pass, then I should be allowed to rape women and stick car parts into their orifices.

Murder and theft should be legal too.

#NoLaws

Reactions: warrior-cat
What benefit are the kids gaining?

well dang.. if being in america isnt a benefit then why the hell are you so gung ho on letting them stay?

i actually dont mind them staying, as long as future ones arent allowed. but i would never be so crazy and emotional in my arguments to state something so asinine as the above!

You libs want these DACA folks... fine.

Let's say it costs $100k per kid (no idea; just pulled that number out of thin air) to take care of them until they become adults (by which time they must have gained legal citizenship or then be deported).

Set up a pool of money to sponsor them. All the Hollywood elite, Warren Buffet, the Clinton Foundation... let's see what you're really made of... let's see a liberal put its money where its mouth is... guessing morality will fly right out the window.

Come on Pope Francis... shake loose that Vatican money!

Ridiculous. What benefit are the kids gaining? They made no choice. They were dropped into a situation & just exist/are.

And where you sending them? How do they even know where they came from? And what country would take them?

Repeating your initial, defeated, argument makes no difference.

If i rob a bank, my kids will not and cannot benefit. They made no choice. Yet they also dont get the fruits of illegal activity.

Same example applies to drug dealers, money launderers, etc etc.

And it applies here. The act of coming here illegally should not produce the fruits of citzenship. It should be stopped. Immediately.

Reactions: IdaCat and Willy4UK
Ignorant take. Not understanding how the people who have tried for years to become citizens see that these here illegally might get it simply because some of you allow the law to be broken is worse. It only sends a message to all others to forgo the legal approach and to come on in, thereby adding more problems to an already massive problem. Your inability to see this or willingness to let it happen because you agree with the inevitable outcome, is disturbing
Here is why your take is ignorant.
Those "trying to come legally" are overwhelmingly skilled/college educated workers that have no incentive to come illegally because they could never acquire jobs in their profession without all the proper paperwork. They mostly already work for American companies in Mexico and Central America and through their employer can get walked through the immigration process, at a minimum obtain a green card. They have good lives in their homeland, better than what they could achieve as a undocumented worker here so there is no incentive to do it any other way. While it may take them 10+ years to get through the process, they can receive that work permit almost immediately, move here, work here.

Those coming illegally are laborers/unskilled/low skilled workers and those folks have .0001% chance of ever getting through the immigration process regardless of the efforts they would make to do so. Telling them that they need to go back and do it through legal channels while sounding reasonable assumes that there are legal channels to do so. Those channels don't exist.
They come because people are willing to hire them and even at reduced American wages they are able to live a better life than in their home countries.

If there was any real desire to resolve the problem it could be done fairly easily. Those workers come here because people will hire them. Jobs are the bait. People should realize by now that just like with sex and drugs, if there is a demand somebody will fill that demand regardless of the legality. Focusing on punishing those who employ undocumented workers would be many times more effective than any form of border control. It would remove the bait. The illegal immigrant basically has nothing to lose by trying to come here...except maybe their life if they are trying to do so through the desert on the SW border. Catch them, deport them and their life hasn't really changed. Catch the citizen that is hiring these workers and see what happens.

Here is why your take is ignorant.
Those "trying to come legally" are overwhelmingly skilled/college educated workers that have no incentive to come illegally because they could never acquire jobs in their profession without all the proper paperwork. They mostly already work for American companies in Mexico and Central America and through their employer can get walked through the immigration process, at a minimum obtain a green card. They have good lives in their homeland, better than what they could achieve as a undocumented worker here so there is no incentive to do it any other way. While it may take them 10+ years to get through the process, they can receive that work permit almost immediately, move here, work here.

Those coming illegally are laborers/unskilled/low skilled workers and those folks have .0001% chance of ever getting through the immigration process regardless of the efforts they would make to do so. Telling them that they need to go back and do it through legal channels while sounding reasonable assumes that there are legal channels to do so. Those channels don't exist.
They come because people are willing to hire them and even at reduced American wages they are able to live a better life than in their home countries.

If there was any real desire to resolve the problem it could be done fairly easily. Those workers come here because people will hire them. Jobs are the bait. People should realize by now that just like with sex and drugs, if there is a demand somebody will fill that demand regardless of the legality. Focusing on punishing those who employ undocumented workers would be many times more effective than any form of border control. It would remove the bait. The illegal immigrant basically has nothing to lose by trying to come here...except maybe their life if they are trying to do so through the desert on the SW border. Catch them, deport them and their life hasn't really changed. Catch the citizen that is hiring these workers and see what happens.

Bullshit. All 60,000 words of it.

I was listening to the radio on the way to work and they played a clip from the London PM. She said we not only need to look at this for the actual terrorism that occurred, but also the hate that inticed it.

I'm sick of this PC BS. Is it possible that maybe some of these people, especially those growing up in ISIS camps are taught to hate? That they are taught to kill people that disagree with them? These "leaders" always want to point at everyone except who is responsible.

I was listening to the radio on the way to work and they played a clip from the London PM. She said we not only need to look at this for the actual terrorism that occurred, but also the hate that inticed it.

I'm sick of this PC BS. Is it possible that maybe some of these people, especially those growing up in ISIS camps are taught to hate? That they are taught to kill people that disagree with them? These "leaders" always want to point at everyone except who is responsible.
Inticed? She mispronounced "incited", but at least she's talking about Islam now.

This account only had 59 followers last night. Now look at the amount of retweets and likes. Something is fishy here, besides the stupid f*cking video.

Soros sending bots to twitter now to try to divide the base?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT