POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes! War. Need more of that shit. Nothing says liberty and freedom like bombing brown people. I'll feel more safe tomorrow with out a doubt.

I'm to the point that I don't care if they are a dem or Repub. If they agree with me on the social issues, I'll vote for them. Trump has successfully made me forget party affiliation.

Well, luckily for you, all elected officials like spending money on useless wars so you're pretty much covered there.

Reactions: Pelosigalore
Speaking of statues.

Houston man charged with planning to blow up Confederate statue.

HOUSTON - A 25-year-old Houston man is in federal custody on charges he planned to blow up a Confederate statue in Hermann Park.

Andrew Schneck is charged with attempting to maliciously damage or destroy property receiving federal financial assistance, Acting U.S. Attorney Abe Martinez said.

A Houston park ranger saw Schneck kneeling among the bushes in front of the General Dowling Monument, according to investigators. They say he was holding two small boxes that contained a timer, duct tape, wires and other items. ....

eek.gif
Not surprised. Been saying for a while that the left would end up tying to bomb something one day, though I didn't expect it to be a statue. A lot more of this craziness to come.

More from the Houston Chronicle:

... When confronted Saturday night in the park, he tried to drink some of the liquid explosives but spit it out, officials said.

The ranger then asked if he planned to harm the statue, and he said he did because he did not "like that guy," according to a sworn statement submitted in federal court by an FBI agent investigating the case..

[laughing]

You can't make this stuff up. You simply can't.

It's going to be interesting to watch liberals on trumps plan if it's to pull out of Afghanistan. You know because they were against the war (in hindsight) when Bush went, were completely silent when Obama continued the war for 8 years adding troops and dropping 20,000 bombs in 2016. My guess is they will go to their only go to....idenity politics. My guess is they will try to now all of a sudden tie it to "those that just can't help it" and need us in the middle east.
He's adding 4000 more troops. Bannon is about to spontaneously combust.

Reactions: blubo
I'll vote for any democrat that is remotely moderate against McConnell.

I have lots of problems with Mitch, but there's no way any moderate D is going to be to the right of McConnell or side with Trump or any Republican Pres more often than Mitch.

I have voted for Mitch five times(What the Hell). The last two have been really hard pills to swallow and I'm done(Maybe, see 1a).

1) The primary is where my true voice will be heard. I don't care what dirt he digs up on his republican challenger, he's not getting my vote.

1a) But shit, what if he makes it out of the primary and the choice is him or Grimes/Judd/Hillary sets up residency in KY/any modern KY D?

Reactions: Pelosigalore
He's adding 4000 more troops. Bannon is about to spontaneously combust.

Bannon's not the only one.

I'm afraid his approval rating is going to take another hit tonight, if indeed he does commit more troops.

Last edited:
I have lots of problems with Mitch, but there's no way any moderate D is going to be to the right of McConnell or side with Trump or any Republican Pres more often than Mitch.

I have voted for Mitch five times(What the Hell). The last two have been really hard pills to swallow and I'm done(Maybe, see 1a).

1) The primary is where my true voice will be heard. I don't care what dirt he digs up on his republican challenger, he's not getting my vote.

1a) But shit, what if he makes it out of the primary and the choice is him or Grimes/Judd/Hillary sets up residency in KY/any modern KY D?
You are probably right, I just can't stomach Mitch anymore. I pray he retires or loses in the primary.

Reactions: BigBlueDave

That's some of the problem is no one will come out for the primary.

Good on Trump calling out Pakistan. A total joke they get away with sheltering terrorists. Have been doing it for years. Bush and Obama never did anything about it.

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
Maybe it doesn't get through to him through the thick Washington bubble, but he sure as shit isn't going to have a shot at the White House when he's a direct cause of an unsuccessful Trump administration.

Establishment Rs are going to get clobbered come 2018. If not in the primaries, there'll be Ds standing by and no R voters will come out.
LOL! Trump himself is the direct cause of an unsuccessful Trump administration.
I wonder why you blame Ryan/Mitch for not having a healthcare plan/tax plan but don't blame the individual who campaigned the most on those particular matters?

Your boy (Trump) wants to hide behind congress so he can blame them for whatever they would agree upon instead of presenting HIS plan and then leading the GOP leadership in the adoption of that plan. Doing so would provide them cover from the inevitable criticism stemming from the demographic that would be screwed by said plan.

Bannon's not the only one.

I'm afraid his approval rating is going to take another hit tonight, if indeed he does commit more troops.
He didn't say what hes gonna do. Just said they are going to win there and told Pakistan they must stop harboring terrorists. Good speech IMO.

Reactions: blubo
Anybody get excited about war in Afghanistan and ready to go all in shouldn't forget how many times we've heard this speech the past 16 years. Talking about it beforehand is the easiest part.

Sounds like Trumps strategy is to tell Afghanistan and Pakistan to do more, and when/if they do we will help along the way.

No nation building crap. Just killing terrorists.

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
Love that he's snuffing out some BS ROE garbage that dumbass politicians created.

Never let the left be in charge of anything. Ever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT