POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
? Haven't had to delete anything in nearly 2 weeks. The board's going great - welcome back.:)

Deeee. Hypotheticals. like JB4Uk comes up with. Would you sponsor a Political thread get-together where we could urinate on cat pause democrats in 2016? We'll do republicans in 2020 (if needed)

Nothing screams funny like American citizens paying money in the form of taxes while the rest of the globe takes a collective shit on the environment.

All while our President apologizes to the world for our involvement.

This whole PC movement is mother effing bullshit that is solely responsible by disingenuous democrats who think they have the absolute law over what is said. Actually I was thinking the Evangelical Right would kill free speech. Nope, social liberal democrats will kill free speech. It's happening now.

Exactly. Thats a plot twist I didnt see coming either.

Reactions: Willy4UK
You probably think Nobel peace prizes and selfies are a joke, too.

"Thorbjorn Jagland, chairman of the Nobel Peace Prize Committee, said today that President Obama “really ought to consider” returning his Nobel Peace Prize Medal immediately, including the “really nice” case it came in.

Jagland, flanked by the other four members of the Committee, said they’d never before asked for the return of a Peace Prize, “even from a damnable war-criminal like Kissinger"

Deeee. Hypotheticals. like JB4Uk comes up with. Would you sponsor a Political thread get-together where we could urinate on cat pause democrats in 2016? We'll do republicans in 2020 (if needed)

Well that's an equal opportunity idea. I'll send it up the line and see if I can get it approved for you. Not sure how we go about implementing it but hey, let's worry about the details later.

Had a post deleted last Thursday.....and had to edit another before it happened again. Asked which moderator deleted it and never received a response.

So, I'll ask again....how do I engage with a moderator not named Deeeefense to better understand just what can be said and what can't be said? (And please don't point me in the direction of the Board rules--I've read them. I'm just really curious to understand why there seems to be different standards for different posters and different threads.)

And, I'd like to know who else has been put in time-out over the past couple of weeks and/or had posts deleted with a moderator warning. Please post if you don't mind. (I've had three deleted so far and another I just edited on my own.) My instincts tell me it's a pretty one-sided series of deletions and/or bans....or I could be wrong which I've certainly been before.

I made a post similar to this last week and it was deleted with a warning to the effect of, "this doesn't stick to the topics of the Political Forum so cease and desist." IMO, it is EXACTLY what a Political Forum should discuss---freedom of speech, ideas, and debate. I utilized a quote to summarize and point out why this discussion was important---and it was obviously deleted along with the rest of the post--which contained NO explicit language or comments directed at anyone in particular....completely following board guidelines.

Let me make this clear to you one more time. You will not be allowed to use these boards to make vile and profane attacks on other members, regardless of who they are. You received a warning and ignored it and continued. Now you come on here acting like you're an innocent victim soliciting sympathy.

I have no idea who deleted or edited your other posts. Other moderators are active on the Paddock. The boards are not to be used as a vehicle to launch criticism and attacks against the CI staff. I'm letting this post stay up but future such posts will be deleted. As I have told you previously you can contact any moderator if you have an issue by using the conversation tool.

The vast majority are not having a problem, it's only you and a couple of others who have created your own problems. If you're not happy with the way we run things here than you always have the option to move on.

War on poor people, shameful.

Mark KnollerVerified account‏@markknoller
Pres Obama says he still believes "the most elegant" way to reduce pollution is to put a price on carbon emissions.

I would support a carbon tax if they eliminated the income tax and kept it tax neutral (don't fight the hypothetical). I'd even take a consumption/VAT tax over the income tax. A carbon tax can smartly be done.... but not without a constitutional amendment and a repeal of the income tax amendment. But tax neutral? I'd support a carbon or consumption tax over an income tax every time.

How do you use the Conversation Tool? I see it, but can't figure out how to send someone a message using it. (This is no baiting comment, I seriously don't see where/how to use it.) I wouldn't have posted this--or my previous message had I known how to use it. TIA.

Mouse over the little envelop icon in the upper right hand corner.
Click on the link "start a conversation"
Then type in the screen name(s) of the members you want to talk to in the block that says "participants". If you only want to talk to only one member type in their screen name.

Your conversation is private in that the text can only be viewed by those that you list as "participants" You can add more members after the conversation is started. The member(s) you want to speak with will get an alert.

I would support a carbon tax if they eliminated the income tax and kept it tax neutral (don't fight the hypothetical). I'd even take a consumption/VAT tax over the income tax. A carbon tax can smartly be done.... but not without a constitutional amendment and a repeal of the income tax amendment. But tax neutral? I'd support a carbon or consumption tax over an income tax every time.
Tax neutral? Dude. They want new money. His 2016 budget proposal had 23 new tax revenue suggestions with zero offsets.
The poor pay no income tax so that could not be neutralized by a carbon or consumption tax.
I favor a small national sales tax, including internet sales taxes and a reduction of the payroll tax. VAT is a trojan horse.

"start a conversation" doesn't appear...anywhere. I checked my Profile settings to see if I had turned off Conversations at some point and it doesn't look like I did. It's never worked for me---and not really worried about it at this point so no need for further instructions.

Try rolling over your screen name in the upper right corner. A pop up should appear with several links. Click on the one that says Conversations. It will list any previous conversations and an option to start a new conversation. If that doesn't work you can report it or let me know and I will.

Tax neutral? Dude. They want new money. His 2016 budget proposal had 23 new tax revenue suggestions with zero offsets.
The poor pay no income tax so that could not be neutralized by a carbon or consumption tax.
I favor a small national sales tax, including internet sales taxes and a reduction of the payroll tax. VAT is a trojan horse.

Don't fight the hypothetical. A carbon tax is simply a consumption tax similar to a VAT or sales tax. When I said neutral I meant the totality of the program (total cost to taxpayers), although individuals should probably have a similar total tax bill to start. Pre-bates and other measures are available to make it neutral for individuals, and we could even have a discussion about whether it should be neutral on an individual basis. And a VAT is functionally a sales tax - the consumer pays both at the end of the day. They're both consumption taxes.

But no one can discuss anything, apparently, because once the Greeks (allegedly) invaded a city in a wooden horse... ffs

12294646_10208087207077356_2187224546391097586_n.jpg

Let me make this clear to you one more time. You will not be allowed to use these boards to make vile and profane attacks on other members, regardless of who they are. You received a warning and ignored it and continued. Now you come on here acting like you're an innocent victim soliciting sympathy.

I have no idea who deleted or edited your other posts. Other moderators are active on the Paddock. The boards are not to be used as a vehicle to launch criticism and attacks against the CI staff. I'm letting this post stay up but future such posts will be deleted. As I have told you previously you can contact any moderator if you have an issue by using the conversation tool.

The vast majority are not having a problem, it's only you and a couple of others who have created your own problems. If you're not happy with the way we run things here than you always have the option to move on.

Seriously? Is this forum going to become like TarHeel Radar? Ran like a Dictator, or the gestapo? That is the ONE thing our forum had that no other had, freedom to express differences. I have been called numerous names over the years, and never once felt the need to cry to a MOD about it. Now, I have no idea what problems other posters are having, but I hate to see this board, sunk to the level of the UL, or UNC boards. Do with this post,what you will.

Seriously? Is this forum going to become like TarHeel Radar? Ran like a Dictator, or the gestapo? That is the ONE thing our forum had that no other had, freedom to express differences. I have been called numerous names over the years, and never once felt the need to cry to a MOD about it. Now, I have no idea what problems other posters are having, but I hate to see this board, sunk to the level of the UL, or UNC boards. Do with this post,what you will.

KyFanninNC - asking members to be civil does not equate to gestapo. Being tolerate of a personal attack or insult without responding is admirable, but doesn't make the attack OK. Folks shy away from posting on a board with vitriol and rightfully so. You're freedom to express your thoughts, ideas and opinions on politics, current events etc. are there for you just as they have always been.

Don't fight the hypothetical. A carbon tax is simply a consumption tax similar to a VAT or sales tax. When I said neutral I meant the totality of the program (total cost to taxpayers), although individuals should probably have a similar total tax bill to start. Pre-bates and other measures are available to make it neutral for individuals, and we could even have a discussion about whether it should be neutral on an individual basis. And a VAT is functionally a sales tax - the consumer pays both at the end of the day. They're both consumption taxes.

But no one can discuss anything, apparently, because once the Greeks (allegedly) invaded a city in a wooden horse... ffs
The reason VATs are seen more that way is that they are mostly invisible (by design) to the end payer and thus more likely to be raised on a whim (frog, boiling water, atkot). Consumption taxes are very clear.

CVHIPA2XIAUKbxc.jpg

“For the first time, I think the Trump phenomenon is becoming real. I do not think the media or the party establishment have a real grasp on how deep the anger and frustration is around the country. After what have been ‘missteps’ by Trump in comparison of previous elections, he seems to have only strengthened. I still do not know if he can sustain it into the New Year — but after the Paris attacks, his stance on illegal immigration and unverified people coming into our nation has real impact.”
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/2593907/po...-gop-race-remains-strong/#QiKM1SrpPJzMR1z5.99

I do not think the media or the party establishment have a real grasp on how deep the anger and frustration is around the country. After what have been ‘missteps’ by Trump in comparison of previous elections, he seems to have only strengthened.

Trump only says what many in this country feel, and the PC crowd, Liberal media, republican liberals, can't do a damn thing about it. Nothing sticks to Trump as of now. I love that someone gets to say what the country feels and can not be smeared or made to apologize for it. That said, Trump is not Presidential material, and will not get my vote. If it is between him and Bold Face Liar, I will sit this one out, and start making plans to move to the Philippines.

So let me get this straight. We can't attack anyone or call them names. That is bad. That is not how things are run around here. With the one exception being that we are allowed to call someone an "idiot".

Is this correct? Or is that a privilege reserved for mods? Just trying to figure out how things are run around here so as not to get in trouble.

TIA

Why should the moderation be any different than the outside world? If you agree with the liberal rhetoric and agenda, you can say whatever you want. If you disagree, watch your back because you will be destroyed.

Sounds like how everything else is ran. It's fair.

KyFanninNC - asking members to be civil does not equate to gestapo. Being tolerate of a personal attack or insult without responding is admirable, but doesn't make the attack OK. Folks shy away from posting on a board with vitriol and rightfully so. You're freedom to express your thoughts, ideas and opinions on politics, current events etc. are there for you just as they have always been.
[roll]

Zapping stuff that is allowed on other parts of the board can't be spun by someone that called another poster dishonest and illiterate just a couple of weeks ago.
BOOM! Gestapo was the right word used earlier.

Bernie and Obama and Hillary are the people we should all aspire to be like, they are heroes, incredible people that will lead our country down the roads we should have been on all along. The ideologies that come from people that oppose the agenda of these brilliant role models are a disgrace to all of humanity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT