POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So by your example, the Confederate States that chose to seek their Independence from the United States were also Liberals?

[laughing] I am very much waiting for the mendacious response from fuzz about this

"Well see, it's only conservative when you try to conserve racist and sexist things. Trying to conserve not racist and sexist things is actually liberal. And by liberal, I mean whatever reflects well on modern progressives and not classic/original liberalism. The definition from the dictionary means nothing, even though I posted it for some reason."

Reactions: Willy4UK
Will copkilla pop in to comment on the jobs report? nah...
That human garbage had his pompoms out a month ago citing this and that as evidence the U.S. Economy was sinking. No fan of Obama's here, but I ALWAYS wished and hoped that the USA flourished and prospered. Not 'killa. He wants to believe the Trump administration is bad for the USA and will go to great lengths to cite any evidence to support that notion.

In short, he is what is wrong with America.

[laughing] I am very much waiting for the mendacious response from fuzz about this

"Well see, it's only conservative when you try to conserve racist and sexist things. Trying to conserve not racist and sexist things is actually liberal. And by liberal, I mean whatever reflects well on modern progressives and not classic/original liberalism. The definition from the dictionary means nothing, even though I posted it for some reason."

But you need more words and lots of questions in there, Transy

Look at this French cuck. What kinda man does this. This reminded me of Fuster's earlier post.

C_Eptr1W0AUNZM3.jpg:large

They should all just shut up until it gets through the senate. The bill is going to change again before it fully passes.
This couldn't be more true today. Yesterday's bill will not even make it to the Senate floor.

Report out today is the Senate plans to draft their own bill, and then incorporate things they like from the House bill.

So, basically, any negative talking points the Democrats and MSM come up with between now and then are baseless and made up.

Reactions: JohnKBA
The act or support of extending rights/liberty to those without those rights is a liberal, progressive action. Abolition was a federalist cause meaning they were looking to the federal government to take action to end slavery in all states.

Then, simply look at the definitions of the words...

CONSERVATIVE - con·serv·a·tive
–adjective
From the Latin servare - meaning "keep, preserve."

1. disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.
2. cautiously moderate or purposefully low: a conservative estimate.
3. traditional in style or manner; avoiding novelty or showiness: conservative suit.
–noun: a person who is conservative in principles, actions, habits, etc.

Slavery was the existing condition...

LIBERAL - lib·er·al
–adjective
From the Latin liberalis - meaning "suitable for a freeman."

1. favorable to progress or reform, as in political or religious affairs.
2. (often initial capital letter) noting or pertaining to a political party advocating measures of progressive political reform.
3. of, pertaining to, based on, or advocating liberalism.
4. favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible, esp. as guaranteed by law and secured by governmental protection of civil liberties.
5. favoring or permitting freedom of action, esp. with respect to matters of personal belief or expression: a liberal policy toward dissident artists and writers.
6. of or pertaining to representational forms of government rather than aristocracies and monarchies.
7. free from prejudice or bigotry; tolerant: a liberal attitude toward foreigners.
8. open-minded or tolerant, esp. free of or not bound by traditional or conventional ideas, values, etc.
9. characterized by generosity and willingness to give in large amounts: a liberal donor.
10. given freely or abundantly; generous: a liberal donation.
11. not strict or rigorous; free; not literal: a liberal interpretation of a rule.
12. of, pertaining to, or based on the liberal arts.
13. of, pertaining to, or befitting a freeman.
–noun:. a person of liberal principles or views, esp. in politics or religion.
Definition of smarmy
smarmier

;
smarmiest
  1. 1: revealing or marked by a smug, ingratiating, or false earnestness a tone of smarmy self-satisfaction — New Yorker

2. 2: of low sleazy taste or quality smarmy eroticism

One other point, consistent with what I have been saying, the war on drugs is not a conservative approach to the problem. The concepts of individual liberty found in the Constitution would suggest that drugs should be legal and only behavior that violates the liberty of another human being should be illegal. So the war on drugs in my mind is not consistent with the concepts in the Constitution. If they were pushed by so called conservatives, then in my opinion, they were wrong. Can you say the same about the social programs that forcibly take money from one individual and give it to another, or about many of the other government regulations I mentioned? If not, then I don't see how you can claim liberalism is still focused on liberty and not collectivism.
Again cat, what you describe in the political context is libertarianism, not conservatism as both are know in the American political context. Rand Paul is more libertarian than a conservative which why he is at odds with the GOP on some issues.

Effective communication requires that people communicating agree on a common language and understanding. You can't go and self-define terminology and expect to communicate effectively.

We can quibble over the minutia but nobody but those on the most extreme ends of the spectrum disagrees that government has a role in civilized society and that taxes be the vehicle to fund that government. Once you agree on that point you're no different than the woman at the bar to whom a man approaches and asks...

Man: "Would you have sex with me for $10 million?"
Woman: "Yes".
Man: Would do it for $20?"...
Woman": "What do you think I am, a prostitute?"
Man: "We've already established that, we are now just haggling over price".

Society has rules that allow us to co-exist and limit the power and influence of one group over another. Few would suggest that isn't a good idea. The difference between liberals, libertarians and conservatives is where the lines are draw and how much power and influence we allow one to have over another.

As a civilized society few also disagree with the concept of safety nets for poor and disadvantaged. Our founding fathers lived in a time when the average life expectancy for an individual was 35 yrs old. People were required to grow their own food, make their own clothing. The average Boy Scout today could administer better healthcare than what was available from the finest of doctors. It was in every sense of the word...a different world.

You never responded to my questions to you about the EPA. Do you think it should be ok for an individual or an industry to poison the air or water? Should government have a role in protecting those resources that are shared?

It's all fine and well to claim that government should only do those specific things specified in the Constitution...of course you have to ignore Article 1 Section 8 of same Constitution.

Whatever the Democrats accuse Republicans of being is exactly what the Dems end up doing, it's ridiculous.

Claim Trump is a threat to democracy because he won't essentially concede defeat before the election, then they go all out to delegitimize Trump.

Claim Reps are racist, then go all out to isolate races and make it seem that evil whitey elected Trump.

Claim Reps are misogynist then go all out to drive a wedge through the sexes.

They're main weapon for elections is division, all the while talking about uniting.

There is iron in Bill's words of truth.

Again cat, what you describe in the political context is libertarianism, not conservatism as both are know in the American political context. Rand Paul is more libertarian than a conservative which why he is at odds with the GOP on some issues.

Effective communication requires that people communicating agree on a common language and understanding. You can't go and self-define terminology and expect to communicate effectively.

We can quibble over the minutia but nobody but those on the most extreme ends of the spectrum disagrees that government has a role in civilized society and that taxes be the vehicle to fund that government. Once you agree on that point you're no different than the woman at the bar to whom a man approaches and asks...

Man: "Would you have sex with me for $10 million?"
Woman: "Yes".
Man: Would do it for $20?"...
Woman": "What do you think I am, a prostitute?"
Man: "We've already established that, we are now just haggling over price".

Society has rules that allow us to co-exist and limit the power and influence of one group over another. Few would suggest that isn't a good idea. The difference between liberals, libertarians and conservatives is where the lines are draw and how much power and influence we allow one to have over another.

As a civilized society few also disagree with the concept of safety nets for poor and disadvantaged. Our founding fathers lived in a time when the average life expectancy for an individual was 35 yrs old. People were required to grow their own food, make their own clothing. The average Boy Scout today could administer better healthcare than what was available from the finest of doctors. It was in every sense of the word...a different world.

You never responded to my questions to you about the EPA. Do you think it should be ok for an individual or an industry to poison the air or water? Should government have a role in protecting those resources that are shared?

It's all fine and well to claim that government should only do those specific things specified in the Constitution...of course you have to ignore Article 1 Section 8 of same Constitution.
No, I am describing classic liberalism and modern conservatism. Libertarians are conservatives. Some Republicans are conservatives, some are not. Even some registered Democrats are conservative, but many are not.

Government absolutely has the authority to regulate pollution. However, the authority to set the standards should not be given to a bureaucracy. Pollution standards, since they are law, should be set by congress and then enforced by the EPA.

I disagree with your analogy. You are looking at government through the eyes that anything is acceptable as long as it is accomplished through a tax mechanism. I don't agree with that at all. Article 1 Section 8, in my opinion, and in the opinion of the dissenting opinion in the Supreme Court decision on the ACA law, does not give the government the absolute authority to tax for any reason they see fit. Their ability to tax is limited by the powers granted them by the Constitution. In other words, they cannot use taxation to expand the power beyond what has been granted them by the Constitution. It's a silly argument, in my mind, to suggest that the founding fathers would go out of their way to restrict the power of the federal government but then add a clause that gives them unlimited power through taxation. That would render the rest of the document basically moot. It's a nonsensical interpretation of the Constitution. But it shows how the Constitution is only as good as the people put in power to uphold it. The history of the supreme court, and politics in general, teaches that if you can get people who agree with your point of view in power, the Constitution can be ignored and purposely misrepresented to get a specific outcome.

Once again, consistent with your fellow liberals, you never justify the taking of liberty from citizens. You always talk about how a certain program is helping people, like that makes it okay. It matters not that we live longer, or that our economy has changed from agrarian to industrial/technological. The concept of liberty holds true no matter how long people live or how they make a living. If you believe in liberty, you do not believe in federal tax supported safety nets. They can never be undone, but the approach is not consistent with the Constitution. Safety nets should be accomplished through charity or local government, never through the federal government.

Really? Well, let's see here...
-That haircut is a radio tower broadcasting 100,000 watts of douche...
-That shirt is too tight b/c he's trying to 'look' swoll at the expense of comfort and reasonable attire, another D-bag giveaway
-The shitty, spotty, patchy beard does nothing more than express that facial hair is the manliest thing about him. This is corroborated by his, no doubt, woman-like hands
-You likely have anywhere from 1/5 to 1/10th of your total annual income invested in watches, glasses, clothing, fake tan, body waxing and tattoos... demonstrating 1) lack of game as you need all that shit to present as something you are not, 2) you either have no financial acumen or your ego drives your common sense..
-The obligatory sleeve tattoo. What an original rebel...

So, given all this info you've chosen to broadcast about yourself, what, exactly, do you offer a woman of any level of quality? Most folks can see wht you're all about from a mile away. No woman wants another child to raise... maybe use that 2.5 hours every morning while you primp to reflect on personal choices.

Be a ****ing man, man. Chicks dig exactly THAT.
I don't disagree with anything you've said here. But the quality of women overall has gone downhill as well. I'm not saying there aren't good ones out there, but they are becoming harder and harder to find.

OMG! The media has no shame. They don't even try to hide their bias. They're giving the girl doing the WH briefing hell over the WH jumping to conclusions about the 2 illegal immigrants that were charged with rape.

I don't remember their outrage when obama jumped into the Trayvon Martin case. Or the Michael brown case. Or the professor in Connecticut. Or the Freddie gray case.

Effing a-holes!!!

Reactions: moe_schmoe
That's Sarah Huckabee, Gov. Mike Huckabee's daughter. She's Deputy Press Secretary.

Speaking of Gov. Huckabee, he has the SJWs fired up today.

I don't understand why this is a bad statement. If a Mexican said that for the 4th of July, he was going to crack open some cold ones, shoot off some fireworks and watch baseball all day, I wouldn't be offended at all. It's cool that you are celebrating with me man!

Reactions: moe_schmoe
Hillary is launching her own "resistance" Super PAC, and will be supporting 2018 Democrat candidates and funding resistance organizations.
That calls for a capital R, if I'm not mistaken. At least it's that way in all the cheesy movies set in the future....

No, I am describing classic liberalism and modern conservatism. Libertarians are conservatives. Some Republicans are conservatives, some are not. Even some registered Democrats are conservative, but many are not.

Government absolutely has the authority to regulate pollution. However, the authority to set the standards should not be given to a bureaucracy. Pollution standards, since they are law, should be set by congress and then enforced by the EPA.

I disagree with your analogy. You are looking at government through the eyes that anything is acceptable as long as it is accomplished through a tax mechanism. I don't agree with that at all. Article 1 Section 8, in my opinion, and in the opinion of the dissenting opinion in the Supreme Court decision on the ACA law, does not give the government the absolute authority to tax for any reason they see fit. Their ability to tax is limited by the powers granted them by the Constitution. In other words, they cannot use taxation to expand the power beyond what has been granted them by the Constitution. It's a silly argument, in my mind, to suggest that the founding fathers would go out of their way to restrict the power of the federal government but then add a clause that gives them unlimited power through taxation. That would render the rest of the document basically moot. It's a nonsensical interpretation of the Constitution. But it shows how the Constitution is only as good as the people put in power to uphold it. The history of the supreme court, and politics in general, teaches that if you can get people who agree with your point of view in power, the Constitution can be ignored and purposely misrepresented to get a specific outcome.

Once again, consistent with your fellow liberals, you never justify the taking of liberty from citizens. You always talk about how a certain program is helping people, like that makes it okay. It matters not that we live longer, or that our economy has changed from agrarian to industrial/technological. The concept of liberty holds true no matter how long people live or how they make a living. If you believe in liberty, you do not believe in federal tax supported safety nets. They can never be undone, but the approach is not consistent with the Constitution. Safety nets should be accomplished through charity or local government, never through the federal government.
Too much effort for that psycho.

Reactions: cat_in_the_hat
Hillary is launching her own "resistance" Super PAC, and will be supporting 2018 Democrat candidates and funding resistance organizations.
Yeah, that'll f****** work Hillary. People really like people that Hillary support.

*spits out drink* hahaha

Reactions: USSLair
I'm glad that health care bill passed, but what does Jimmy Kimmel think? We have to run these things by him you know.

I've got no desire for that.

Can you explain what about my mindset is so wrong? I take care of myself and don't ask or need for anyone else to do it for me. Seems that's exactly the attitude more of us should have.

Your words contradict your actions.

Really? Well, let's see here...
-That haircut is a radio tower broadcasting 100,000 watts of douche...
-That shirt is too tight b/c he's trying to 'look' swoll at the expense of comfort and reasonable attire, another D-bag giveaway
-The shitty, spotty, patchy beard does nothing more than express that facial hair is the manliest thing about him. This is corroborated by his, no doubt, woman-like hands
-You likely have anywhere from 1/5 to 1/10th of your total annual income invested in watches, glasses, clothing, fake tan, body waxing and tattoos... demonstrating 1) lack of game as you need all that shit to present as something you are not, 2) you either have no financial acumen or your ego drives your common sense..
-The obligatory sleeve tattoo. What an original rebel...

So, given all this info you've chosen to broadcast about yourself, what, exactly, do you offer a woman of any level of quality? Most folks can see wht you're all about from a mile away. No woman wants another child to raise... maybe use that 2.5 hours every morning while you primp to reflect on personal choices.

Be a ****ing man, man. Chicks dig exactly THAT.

Almost nailed it but you missed the designer man purse strapped over the shoulder. Pretty sure he keeps his moisturizer and poetry journal in there.

Reactions: FusterCluck
Yes, they were involved in an illegal land deal.

Don't forget the money that their foundation basically stole from the Haiti Relief Fund.

Don't forget the quid pro quo foreign country speech deals. All the money Bill made on speeches that he gave in foreign countries that just so happened to receive favorable sweet deals in return when Hillary was SOS. (technically this is related to politics but oh well)

Cocaine running in Arkansas as Gov
Human trafficking
Organ harvesting
Oil and rare earth minerals

Don't forget the money that their foundation basically stole from the Haiti Relief Fund.

Don't forget the quid pro quo foreign country speech deals. All the money Bill made on speeches that he gave in foreign countries that just so happened to receive favorable sweet deals in return when Hillary was SOS. (technically this is related to politics but oh well)

Both of you guys are correct, that was the beginning of a post I had loaded when I was called to go shopping. I just hit send when I got home. They are societal parasites who provide no symbiotic benefits. They are useless.

I'm not sure we want Hills to go away. I mean, if she's the fresh, hip face of the resistance (lol) I'll take it.

"What's up out there, my millennial gang! Shout out to all the Anteeefaas out there! I have a black ski mask, well it's got some dark plaid, from Burberry I'm going to throw on in a minute so I can rap with you!"

Nothing says resistance in aught 17 like Hillary Clinton.....I'm sure that resonates in WI MI PA.....the only thing that matters.

I'm not sure we want Hills to go away. I mean, if she's the fresh, hip face of the resistance (lol) I'll take it.

"What's up out there, my millennial gang! Shout out to all the Anteeefaas out there! I have a black ski mask, well it's got some dark plaid, from Burberry I'm going to throw on in a minute so I can rap with you!"

Nothing says resistance in aught 17 like Hillary Clinton.....I'm sure that resonates in WI MI PA.....the only thing that matters.
[laughing]

So, which woman is going to win the election on Sunday? My heart says Le Pen, but my head says Macron. I just hope that Marine keeps it close- all the better for the next one.

Reactions: Willy4UK
So, which woman is going to win the election on Sunday? My heart says Le Pen, but my head says Macron. I just hope that Marine keeps it close- all the better for the next one.

Thought all along that France is too liberal to vote for Le Pen. Still think that. But then again...I figured Hillary would beat Trump. So what do I know.

Viva Le Pen!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT