POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
More propaganda from Democrats and the MSM. I keep hearing politicians, pundits, TV personalities, and so called journalists across the various networks, newspapers, internet sites blaming Republicans for trying to sneak through this healthcare bill without consulting with and/or negotiating with any Democrats.

What they (purposely in most cases) fail to mention is that Chuck Schumer has said, at least a dozen times, that any Republican healthcare bill that doesn't bail out and fix Obamacare, keeping it fully intact, the Democrats automatically oppose it and want absolutely nothing to do with it.

So the question that needs to be asked is, one I believe that most Americans who have been paying attention are fully aware of, why in the hell would Republicans consult with and/or negotiate with the same people who made this mess to begin with, and have made it very clear that unless the plan is to bail them out of said mess, then Republicans can go fvck themselves?

Reactions: USSLair
Obama raised federal funding for Medicaid to up to like 130% of the poverty line...that expansion will continue until 2020

Are liberals mad about the medical device tax gwtting cut, especially the tanning salon deal?

Only 4% of the population has a preexisting condition...so it doesn't make sense to revolve insurance completely around 4% as opposed to the 96%. That throws the pricing all to hell. Remove that, premiums drop. States should take funding to decide how to appropriate funds for that 4% if they need it. Besides, if I want to buy life insurance at age 80 I can't cry bc my premium is higher than a 20 year old.

Obama raised federal funding for Medicaid to up to like 130% of the poverty line...that expansion will continue until 2020

Are liberals mad about the medical device tax gwtting cut, especially the tanning salon deal?

Only 4% of the population has a preexisting condition...so it doesn't make sense to revolve insurance completely around 4% as opposed to the 96%. That throws the pricing all to hell. Remove that, premiums drop. States should take funding to decide how to appropriate funds for that 4% if they need it. Besides, if I want to buy life insurance at age 80 I can't cry bc my premium is higher than a 20 year old.

Where did you get the 4% number?

Just curious, maybe the info in this link is BS, I really didn't look around much.
http://kff.org/health-reform/issue-...individual-insurance-market-prior-to-the-aca/

How I loathe Nancy Pelosi. The last F'n person the Dems should be trotting out to talk against the new healthcare bill is her.

Just a reminder about ole Nancy....

She just went on a bat shit crazy rant in the House.

She is pure evil. I would pay big bucks to smack that stupid look off her face.

She's a nut.

Generally, the more I see/hear a politician, the less I like one. That's the reason for the dislike of Pelosi, McConnell, Schumer, Hatch, or anyone else who is more concerned with getting their face on a camera than they are with improving the country.

I would not doubt that the majority of Dems have not even read a 200 page health bill simply because they are so spineless and follow losers like Pelosi's commands of just being obstructionists.

Yesterday's college campus shooter, remember him? So called, according to the MSM, evil white devil with a buzz cut, wearing a wife beater, that just had to be a nazi on a racist killing spree?

He has since been identified, and it turns out he wasn't a racially motivated skinhead like the media purposely implied, but instead a no pvssy gettin' stalker who was Hispanic.

Reactions: JohnKBA
Healthcare bill passes! Dems singing nanana hey hey goodbye are making hand gestures telling republicans they are gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Willy4UK
Make no mistake, this healthcare bill couldn't have been more bipartisan. A true conservative healthcare bill would have been a full repeal. The Republicans gave up a ton in order to get the necessary votes.

Hell, in order to even get enough yes votes Trump had to move the bill further to the left. Quite a few of Obamacare provisions were left out, but quite were also left in. Both sides got something in this.

Make no mistake, this healthcare bill couldn't have been more bipartisan. A true conservative healthcare bill would have been a full repeal. The Republicans gave up a ton in order to get the necessary votes.

Hell, in order to even get enough yes votes Trump had to move the bill further to the left. Quite a few of Obamacare provisions were left out, but quite were also left in. Both sides got something in this.

Agreed. This wasn't a "Repeal and Replace." It was a "Modify and Live with it."

Once you give entitlements to people there is no going back. Think several Republicans finally realized it.

Agreed. This wasn't a "Repeal and Replace." It was a "Modify and Live with it."

And once it hits the Senate, this same in party battle of ideologies between conservative Republicans and moderate Republicans we've been seeing will continue, and even more amendments will be made to try and get the necessary votes there.

Wow if true. I mean most of them are out of touch with reality.
Watching Fox and Sean Duffy said it was the Dems. Then again, who the hell knows anymore with how moronic and pathetic most of Congress is now. Either way, ridiculous elected representatives act that way in the House Chamber.

Reactions: USSLair and JohnKBA
They should all just shut up until it gets through the senate. The bill is going to change again before it fully passes.
Yeah, quite a few amendments are going to be added, some very good (buy/sell across state lines). Whatever they say now may not even be relevant once/if it passes through the Senate.

This was the plan from the beginning. They just wanted to come up with something, anything they could at least get enough support to pass in order to avoid a Democrat filibuster, then make changes to it in stages.

Yeah, quite a few amendments are going to be added, some very good (buy/sell across state lines). Whatever they say now may not even be relevant once/if it passes through the Senate.

This was the plan from the beginning. They just wanted to come up with something, anything they could at least get enough support to pass in order to avoid a Democrat filibuster, then make changes to it in stages.

Agreed. This is actually what is supposed to come out of the political process IMO. Obamacare was rammed through by one party. This bill will contain elements that both parties can live with. It will be neither a disaster for staunch proponents of O-Care, nor a victory for staunch opponents.

Agree with others. Its going to change. They just needed 216 to get through the House. Either way, big win for Trump today, but he has to sign a finished bill to get all the credit. At least for today, he just wants to do some PR and claim a victory but a lot more work and negotiating will be done. Any Republican that thinks they can fully repeal this is not thinking clearly. Just not going to happen.

Looks like Trump wins (again), and liberals and ultra conservatives (and really, the vast majority of Americans) lose.

Reactions: Willy4UK
Agreed. This is actually what is supposed to come out of the political process IMO. Obamacare was rammed through by one party. This bill will contain elements that both parties can live with. It will be neither a disaster for staunch proponents of O-Care, nor a victory for staunch opponents.
Exactly. And this process could have been much easier and less divisive, and the Democrats could have participated in the mark ups, suggesting amendments their own, but all they want to do is obstruct because it's Trump.

Also, for some reason Democrats can't stop lying to themselves and come to grips with the fact that Obamacare is a failure and something had to be done. Not sure what they're trying to accomplish by not admitting it (protecting Obama's legacy maybe?), but the American people can easily see that Obamacare is collapsing, regardless of how hard they try to spin it as successful.

Trumpcare, it kills!

1*KHJ2sYuyDwEoZNjKPZEzsg.gif

Exactly. And this process could have been much easier and less divisive, and the Democrats could have participated in the mark ups, suggesting amendments their own, but all they want to do is obstruct because it's Trump.

Also, for some reason Democrats can't stop lying to themselves and come to grips with the fact that Obamacare is a failure and something had to be done. Not sure what they're trying to accomplish by not admitting it (protecting Obama's legacy maybe?), but the American people can easily see that Obamacare is collapsing, regardless of how hard they try to spin it as successful.

Hell, they can't even come to grips with why they keep losing elections.

Reactions: moe_schmoe
Guess there is a reason the Republicans fired John Boehner as Speaker. Same guy who said there was no way Republicans would ever agree on a healthcare bill. Then again, we all know this does not get done without Trump and Pence. Ryan is still a weasel.

Admittedly I have not read much about the replacement bill, but if it does not repeal the employer and individual mandates it isn't worth the paper it's written on.
It does. That's been in the bill from the very beginning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT