POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's on top of the already 15 billion that was set aside for the risk pools.

That's 15 billion over 10 years, nothing compared to a defense increase.
Frankly if you are a middle age guy that had employer insurance, then the employer dropped you to take the ACA, now you're screwed.

How was Hillary gonna do that? Was she gonna put herself on the bench then force 4 other justices to vote with her on it

She vowed to do it during the debate, and with her appointing a liberal Scotus it would have given them the votes needed. Abortion up until birth was the plan.

Millions (source please?) may be clamoring for it, but I don't see a market for it honestly.

Were you not present during the election? It was one of the biggest hot button issues and the liberal base was fired up about. Hillary spoke about during the debate, for the whole works to hear. I must have heard/read "A woman's body; therfore, a woman's right" a thousand times in defense of it.

4) the mother's life would be put in danger by having the baby.

That's already law. Scotus ruled on it. Liberals used this same reason as a distraction during the election, failing to realize its already legal, also failing to realize that since it has been put into law it has had to happen exactly zero times.

My guess is anyone clamoring for this is simply a women's rights extremist

Not really. Accept it, don't accept it. Makes no difference to me. It was wanted, it was promised, and it was the plan.

Maybe North Korea will just nuke California? Then we can eliminate a ton of people wanting free shit and not working. Then the rest of us can take all that saved money and figure it out. And then we have excuse to nuke them back. Perfect solution.

Go Kim go!!!

That's 15 billion over 10 years

You're moving the goalposts. First your compliant was that it was left up to the states. That was yesterday, not today. Now your complaint is it's not enough. I'm not defending the bill, and you not liking it makes no difference to me, so just say it -- you hate the shitty healthcare bill and won't be satisfied until it's basically single payer and gives everything.

Hell the defense budget is being raised 10 billion a year.

nothing compared to a defense increase.

Also, why do you keep comparing it to defense spending? If that's your beef, too much money for defense, then just say it as well.

Bottom line, moderates were a no yesterday becsuse no preexisting conditions. Trump made an amendment, threw them a bone, today they're a yes, and a vote will be held tomorrow, so we will see what happens.

Reactions: barbourfor3
During his final year in office, President Barack Obama's team significantly expanded efforts to search National Security Agency intercepts for information about Americans, distributing thousands of intelligence reports across government with the unredacted names of U.S. residents during the midst of a divisive 2016 presidential election.

http://circa.com/politics/president...ousands-of-americans-during-the-2016-election

Mr Comey, is this true?

- Ah, yes, I believe, to the best of my knowledge, and I'll have to get back to you on this, as far as I know, I've been told that ideally, under circumstances presented to us by convening bodies, that in fact, this information you have presented to me and asked me to respond in kind to, with all due respect to my country, Amen.

Ok, Comey, are you lying to me?

- I'll have my staff get back to you on that.

Promise?

- Yes

/gubment

During his final year in office, President Barack Obama's team significantly expanded efforts to search National Security Agency intercepts for information about Americans, distributing thousands of intelligence reports across government with the unredacted names of U.S. residents during the midst of a divisive 2016 presidential election.

http://circa.com/politics/president...ousands-of-americans-during-the-2016-election
Just got the chance to read the entire article. This is some serious third world police state stuff. I remember Gowdy saying some of agencies' intelligence toys are up for renewal soon. Hopefully congress, particularly Gowdy, take a good look at this and not just be a rubber stamp.

In all, government officials conducted 30,355 searches in 2016 seeking information about Americans in NSA intercept metadata, which include telephone numbers and email addresses. The activity amounted to a 27.5 percent increase over the prior year and more than triple the 9,500 such searches that occurred in 2013, the first year such data was kept.

The government in 2016 also scoured the actual contents of NSA intercepted calls and emails for 5,288 Americans, an increase of 13 percent over the prior year and a massive spike from the 198 names searched in 2013.

The searches ultimately resulted in 3,134 NSA intelligence reports with unredacted U.S. names being distributed across government in 2016, and another 3,354 reports in 2015. About half the time, U.S. identities were unredacted in the original reports while the other half were unmasked after the fact by special request of Obama administration officials.

Among those whose names were unmasked in 2016 or early 2017 were campaign or transition associates of President Donald Trump as well as members of Congress and their staffers, according to sources with direct knowledge.

The data kept by ODNI is missing some information from one of the largest consumers of NSA intelligence, the FBI, and officials acknowledge the numbers are likely much higher when the FBI’s activity is added.

U.S. intelligence officials confirmed the growth in queries about Americans’ data held by the NSA but declined to explain the reasons, except to say the requests for access grew after intelligence agency officials became more comfortable with Obama's 2011 order.

The data emerges just weeks after Circa first reported that Obama substantially eased the rules starting in 2011 allowing for government officials, including political appointees, to unmask and obtain information about Americans in NSA intercepts.

The easing allowed appointees like former National Security Adviser Susan Rice to request and review the unmasked names of Trump campaign or transition officials intercepted in foreign conversations late last year. And it also resulted in the frequent unmasking of members of Congress and their staff, as often as once a month, Circa reported.

You're moving the goalposts. First your compliant was that it was left up to the states. That was yesterday, not today. Now your complaint is it's not enough. I'm not defending the bill, and you not liking it makes no difference to me, so just say it -- you hate the shitty healthcare bill and won't be satisfied until it's basically single payer and gives everything.

Also, why do you keep comparing it to defense spending? If that's your beef, too much money for defense, then just say it as well.

Bottom line, moderates were a no yesterday becsuse no preexisting conditions. Trump made an amendment, threw them a bone, today they're a yes, and a vote will be held tomorrow, so we will see what happens.

The one thing good about the ACA was it covered everyone no matter their pre-existing conditions. Now insurers could increase premiums and cut benefits to those people.
I hope it works, but I really think person going through long chemo treatments maybe screwed.
No one should have to decide to either keep their home or just die.

And yes it puzzles me why cut health care but increase defense spending.

Just got the chance to read the entire article. This is some serious third world police state stuff. I remember Gowdy saying some of agencies' intelligence toys are up for renewal soon. Hopefully congress, particularly Gowdy, take a good look at this and not just be a rubber stamp.

In all, government officials conducted 30,355 searches in 2016 seeking information about Americans in NSA intercept metadata, which include telephone numbers and email addresses. The activity amounted to a 27.5 percent increase over the prior year and more than triple the 9,500 such searches that occurred in 2013, the first year such data was kept.

The government in 2016 also scoured the actual contents of NSA intercepted calls and emails for 5,288 Americans, an increase of 13 percent over the prior year and a massive spike from the 198 names searched in 2013.

The searches ultimately resulted in 3,134 NSA intelligence reports with unredacted U.S. names being distributed across government in 2016, and another 3,354 reports in 2015. About half the time, U.S. identities were unredacted in the original reports while the other half were unmasked after the fact by special request of Obama administration officials.

Among those whose names were unmasked in 2016 or early 2017 were campaign or transition associates of President Donald Trump as well as members of Congress and their staffers, according to sources with direct knowledge.

The data kept by ODNI is missing some information from one of the largest consumers of NSA intelligence, the FBI, and officials acknowledge the numbers are likely much higher when the FBI’s activity is added.

U.S. intelligence officials confirmed the growth in queries about Americans’ data held by the NSA but declined to explain the reasons, except to say the requests for access grew after intelligence agency officials became more comfortable with Obama's 2011 order.

The data emerges just weeks after Circa first reported that Obama substantially eased the rules starting in 2011 allowing for government officials, including political appointees, to unmask and obtain information about Americans in NSA intercepts.

The easing allowed appointees like former National Security Adviser Susan Rice to request and review the unmasked names of Trump campaign or transition officials intercepted in foreign conversations late last year. And it also resulted in the frequent unmasking of members of Congress and their staff, as often as once a month, Circa reported.

LMAO!

Gdit Mr Comey! What is this?

- I love lamp!

No, not really. The accepted norms of today's conservatives are those ideas pushed by liberals 25 years ago. And if history continues to repeat itself the same will be said 25 years from now.
Liberals most certainly do value individual liberty and that is why they take on causes for those who are denied those liberties. What do you think the who gay marriage issue was about? Extending the liberties of marriage and the benefits it bestows on us through tax, property and privacy laws to those in same-sex relationships. They (liberals) just understand that government sometimes has to be the bully pulpit used to extend those rights to others.
The line between individual liberty and collective good is not a clear bright line. The individualist could argue that if I'm able to collect and amass enough power and influence I should be able to do whatever I please. I should be able to amass monopolies of industry and destroy my competitors. To manage society we have government and where the line is drawn between the good of the individual and the good for society is and has always been up for debate. The greatest potential for individual liberty would exist in an anarchy. If you accept that government is a necessary evil then you have already taken a stance against the most conservative form of individualism. From that point it's all matters of degree.
That's a nice straw man, but conservatives aren't opposed to gay marriage. Conservatives want to preserve the Constitution and what that stands for. Conservatives believe that government has no place in telling private citizens what they can and can't do as long as they are not violating the rights of another citizen. That leaves a pretty wide range of behaviors that should be legal.

The point of the Constitution was to limit the power of government to it's essential functions in order to protect individual liberty. Our founding fathers recognized that the very existence of government meant that individual liberty was restricted, so their purpose was to limit the federal government as much as possible while still being able to defend the country and provide infrastructure and a legal system. If you look at the growth of government, it has primarily been at the urging of liberals. All of the social programs, by definition, further restrict individual liberty because by necessity they forcibly take from one individual and give to another. The government picks winners and losers. By whose authority do they do that? That certainly is not the action of an entity that values individual liberty. The current healthcare law is a prime example.

Government regulations that limit how much mileage a car must get, how much water a washing machine, shower, commode must use, what light bulb technology must be sold, etc. These all limit individual liberty for the "good of whole". And they are pretty much all pushed through by liberals. Our founding fathers did not believe that government, or any third party, could make decisions that benefited the "good of whole". That was never considered acceptable by the people who founded this country. They did not look at government as a problem solver for society. They expected people to solve problems, not government. Our founding fathers believed that the "good of the whole" was achieved by every individual making decisions in his or her best interest. In other words, the maximum benefit of society is achieved when each individual acts in his or her best interest. No government can act in the best interest of everyone, therefore, the power of the federal government should be restricted to the very basic functions in which it was designed to deliver. A liberal, in the classic sense of the word, would be appalled at the growth of government and how intrusive it has become in our lives.

She vowed to do it during the debate, and with her appointing a liberal Scotus it would have given them the votes needed. Abortion up until birth was the plan.

Were you not present during the election? It was one of the biggest hot button issues and the liberal base was fired up about. Hillary spoke about during the debate, for the whole works to hear. I must have heard/read "A woman's body; therfore, a woman's right" a thousand times in defense of it.

That's already law. Scotus ruled on it. Liberals used this same reason as a distraction during the election, failing to realize its already legal, also failing to realize that since it has been put into law it has had to happen exactly zero times.

Not really. Accept it, don't accept it. Makes no difference to me. It was wanted, it was promised, and it was the plan.

Yeah, we can move on from this one. Doesn't and won't ever make sense to me that a woman would incur the expense and physical hassle of 9 months of pregnancy then have an abortion.

Reactions: moe_schmoe
The one thing good about the ACA was it covered everyone no matter their pre-existing conditions.
Absolutely agree, and so does Trump. He made the promise to keep it and looks to be trying his best to do so. He's in a bind with the Freedom Caucus, though, because they want nothing to do with preexisting conditions and that's one of the main reasons they were no on the last vote. Matter of fact, we could wake up tomorrow to them being a no again because of today's amendment.

I hope it works, but I really think person going through long chemo treatments maybe screwed.

I hope it works as well. I've said many times, whether I like it or not, a precedent has been set. The government offering a life changing provision such as this, then taking it away from people is a tough deal.

No one should have to decide to either keep their home or just die.

Pretty sure Obamacare or single payer isn't the answer, but I agree with this as well.

And yes it puzzles me why cut health care but increase defense spending.

I'll hold judgement on this becsuse I really don't have an opinion. Can't really put one over the other. I guess I could say it all depends on the situation, time and place.

Next week Susan Rice was set to testify in front of Congress about the surveillance unmasking. Tonight she backed out and declined. The info contained in that Circa article from today must have scared her.

Reactions: Willy4UK
Stephen Colbert's joke was dumb as fvck. He joked that Trump attracts more skinheads than free Rogaine. He obviously doesn't get skinheads.

They're bald because they shave their heads and want to be, not because they're balding but desire thick, lush hair.

Free Rogaine wouldn't attract a single skinhead, so his dumbass actually said the opposite of what he intended.

Incentives. Give tax breaks for being healthy.

May need a liver transplant one day, but it's my ****ing flaut, I don't expect Jimmy I never do anything but bike ride every weekend to pay for it. Just like I don't want to pay for snowflake douchebag getting a sex change with my money.

I don't understand how stupid this country got.

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with Gorsuch myself. The SCOTUS isn't going to break precedent on any of the hot button issues in my lifetime. Guns will always be freely accessible and abortion will always be legal - and those are the 2 big things that really get conservatives and liberals fired up respectively.

Gorsuch will disappoint many conservatives, just like Roberts. Like Roberts, he will apply the law. Just as they should.

Directly opposite to obama appointees who rule liberal on every issue without fail, completely ignoring the law if need be. A hillary appointee wouldve been the same.

Reactions: Willy4UK
Tucker has point. If Democrat politicians truly believe that Comey is incompetent, abused his power and cost Hillary the election, then why aren't they demanding his resignation/recusal? I mean, they demand the resignation or recusal of pretty much everyone else for far less. Better yet, why do they trust such an incompetent, power hungry FBI director to investigate Trump/Russia ties?

Just ...

I think massive voter fraud should be investigated and cracked down upon if it's occurring. Voting is the bedrock of a democracy. Trump said it did occur. I don't think he'll do anything about his assertion, though.

Why wouldn't we want to crack down on moderate voter fraud as well?

Or are you just taking it from the angle that some 'stuff just happens' and we'll get a LITTLE dirty business -- goal is to minimize it...?

(which makes some sense to me I suppose - not trying to play 'gotcha' - just curious how you're thinking on the idea of voter fraud)

I'm curious if the admin IS doing anything about their election concerns - I'll see if I can find anything tonight and share later maybe. I'm sure they have their hands full and may not be ABLE to go back and get much traction on it

Leonid Brezhnev from the USSR (he was the Premier before Gorbachev) had an interesting quote (and I'm assuming the communist bastard was the original source of said quote),,,,"the problem with free elections is.....you never know who'll WIN"

I think there's cause for concern in regards to wanting to safeguard the methodology by which we attempt to have our votes tallied.
I think the current efforts by Holder and Obama (Jarrett as well?) to systematically sue states and force re-alignment of voting districts -- is RIGHT IN YOUR FACE ELECTION FRAUD BUT THAT'S NOT being challenged or scrutinized...

I recall what appeared to be genuine voter fraud stories during the Little Bush era
Wasn't that about when we had a significant change in the technology used to collect and calculate votes?

Off the top of my head the company that manufactured (?) serviced and supplied the voting machines was called Diebold maybe?

I believe the concern was how easily the digitized voting option could be REMOTELY ALTERED.....HACKED

Hell, the low-tech version of this existed in the 19th century as well --- people would buy you drinks, take around to multiple polls, often give you a change of clothes....and make sure you voted 10-12 times......(interestingly that's one of the leading theories on what led to Edgar Allen Poe's death in 1849)

So now election hacking IS being marketed to us -- but only in the context of how the Trump admin has been accused (ineptly) of gaining power via some type of "Russian Hack"

Never mind the obvious Wikileaks documentation showing clearly how the US spied, hacked, bugged, and influenced the UN, The Germans, Italians ANNND the 2012 (year may be off?) French Election.......that doesn't include the personal visit / "encouragement" that our former President recent;y paid to Macron as the election process was still unfolding

And that's just staying on the relatively narrow angle of discussing voter fraud and outside manipulation

I'm starting to think that the BETTER question is ---- ARE WE SITTING HERE ARGUING ABOUT A LARGELY UNITED POLITICAL SYSTEM ANYWAY?

Is the average : non-Bank director / non-Aerospace CEO / non-Mil-Indus-Complex-NGO-Intelligentsia-Merovingian Descendant - citizen ....probably like 85% of our population I'm guessing?

black/white/latino/gay/fiscal conservatives/libertarians - have ANY REAL SEAT at the table that helps steer this ship called 'Murica.

I think we're going to see narrower and narrower margins on how obtuse and vague that "Globalists" can be when it comes to their anointed New World Order (also possibly could be considered --- 4th Reich / 2nd Tower of Babel, Revived Papal-Kingly Union / Communism Round 2 / etc) ....

I believe the plant IS being led to the doorstep of ONE POSSIBLE future path for all of us
I don't think it's some kind of magical / esoteric conspiracy - it's just a "Run of the Mill" one.
It's like seeing a small town car dealer "good ol' boys network' on Steroids....

----shhhhhhhhhhhhitititit

I was at a good bye party with all musicians tonight
I will stop this post right where it currently sits
:boom: good night ladies, fish and gentlemen

Just to be clear, what good would it do? Also, count me as one who knows and understands that voter fraud is real, long-running and impossible to stop. I'm happy he's addressing real issues and not chasing a Russian goose and looking like a complete tool trying to save face in the light of complete and utter incompetence... like some folks I know.

this may sound anachronistic (believe that's the right word) -- but I believe that sometimes a LOW TECH solution is truly a better choice

I think our system of collecting and tallying votes should be manual / machined with NO POSSIBILITY of outside / hacking / EMSEC / Voodoo influence

Does that SETTLE things?
Awwww - but it closes down what I believe could be a major rupture in the reliability and fidelity of the voting record)

And it SHOULD be cheaper

Reactions: FusterCluck
Why didn't Russians release the emails that she exchanged with Obama on the illegal server? Seems like if they were trying to booger things up, that would have helped quite a bit.......

Could have been sarcasm?

I still don't even know what the first red scare was about, i just know that was curriculum every single year pretty much. Russia scared us, or something.

^^ It was about confronting a socio-political system that introduced the world to concentration camps, had their camps functioning before Hitler was in power, continued to run them for decades after WW2, exterminated Tens of Millions more human beings in those camps than the Nazi's ------ while repeatedly telling us that THEYRE COMING FOR THE WORLD

Reactions: Bill Derington
Why wouldn't we want to crack down on moderate voter fraud as well?

Or are you just taking it from the angle that some 'stuff just happens' and we'll get a LITTLE dirty business -- goal is to minimize it...?

(which makes some sense to me I suppose - not trying to play 'gotcha' - just curious how you're thinking on the idea of voter fraud)

I'm curious if the admin IS doing anything about their election concerns - I'll see if I can find anything tonight and share later maybe. I'm sure they have their hands full and may not be ABLE to go back and get much traction on it

Leonid Brezhnev from the USSR (he was the Premier before Gorbachev) had an interesting quote (and I'm assuming the communist bastard was the original source of said quote),,,,"the problem with free elections is.....you never know who'll WIN"

I think there's cause for concern in regards to wanting to safeguard the methodology by which we attempt to have our votes tallied.
I think the current efforts by Holder and Obama (Jarrett as well?) to systematically sue states and force re-alignment of voting districts -- is RIGHT IN YOUR FACE ELECTION FRAUD BUT THAT'S NOT being challenged or scrutinized...

I recall what appeared to be genuine voter fraud stories during the Little Bush era
Wasn't that about when we had a significant change in the technology used to collect and calculate votes?

Off the top of my head the company that manufactured (?) serviced and supplied the voting machines was called Diebold maybe?

I believe the concern was how easily the digitized voting option could be REMOTELY ALTERED.....HACKED

Hell, the low-tech version of this existed in the 19th century as well --- people would buy you drinks, take around to multiple polls, often give you a change of clothes....and make sure you voted 10-12 times......(interestingly that's one of the leading theories on what led to Edgar Allen Poe's death in 1849)

So now election hacking IS being marketed to us -- but only in the context of how the Trump admin has been accused (ineptly) of gaining power via some type of "Russian Hack"

Never mind the obvious Wikileaks documentation showing clearly how the US spied, hacked, bugged, and influenced the UN, The Germans, Italians ANNND the 2012 (year may be off?) French Election.......that doesn't include the personal visit / "encouragement" that our former President recent;y paid to Macron as the election process was still unfolding

And that's just staying on the relatively narrow angle of discussing voter fraud and outside manipulation

I'm starting to think that the BETTER question is ---- ARE WE SITTING HERE ARGUING ABOUT A LARGELY UNITED POLITICAL SYSTEM ANYWAY?

Is the average : non-Bank director / non-Aerospace CEO / non-Mil-Indus-Complex-NGO-Intelligentsia-Merovingian Descendant - citizen ....probably like 85% of our population I'm guessing?

black/white/latino/gay/fiscal conservatives/libertarians - have ANY REAL SEAT at the table that helps steer this ship called 'Murica.

I think we're going to see narrower and narrower margins on how obtuse and vague that "Globalists" can be when it comes to their anointed New World Order (also possibly could be considered --- 4th Reich / 2nd Tower of Babel, Revived Papal-Kingly Union / Communism Round 2 / etc) ....

I believe the plant IS being led to the doorstep of ONE POSSIBLE future path for all of us
I don't think it's some kind of magical / esoteric conspiracy - it's just a "Run of the Mill" one.
It's like seeing a small town car dealer "good ol' boys network' on Steroids....

----shhhhhhhhhhhhitititit

I was at a good bye party with all musicians tonight
I will stop this post right where it currently sits
:boom: good night ladies, fish and gentlemen
I was commenting on the assertion of millions of votes being invalid that put the president in a popular vote loss.

I think any voter fraud should be investigated and eradicated. Massive voter fraud such as the president has asserted should be a huge point for all sides.

I was commenting on the assertion of millions of votes being invalid that put the president in a popular vote loss.

I think any voter fraud should be investigated and eradicated. Massive voter fraud such as the president has asserted should be a huge point for all sides.

yeah - absolutely

I can't help but wonder if we're really at that point where the election methods are "often influenced" (low/high tech means0 -- AND the choices all serve the same System / Outcomes

non-citizen voting is a bizarre thing to have to discuss IMO
It's a show stopper and there has to be zero tolerance for attempting to count votes from people who aren't citizens of the country

C-6-PY3XoAkKNvB.jpg

believe that sometimes a LOW TECH solution is truly a better choice

Absolutely.

We are being used a lot of ways by this e-world. The voting is one thing. If you can't see it and touch it, is it real? Not really.

The latest "smart voting machines" are made by a George Soros owned country...least that's what this thread told me, maybe that's a joke. It does seem ridiculous we would use foreign voting machines owned by the man who spends a ton of money trying to create a New World Order.

AND HILLARY STILL COULDNT WIN!! despite getting millions more votes lol. Wonder what machines those votes came from.

We have learned time and time again that nothing is safe on the internet, and things are not all real on the internet, yet the govt continues to tell us the e-world is the way for *everything*, and it's not. It's just the easy way.

Long said the e-world will be the death of us. The ultimate goal is full automated virtual reality.

One of my favorite e-stories is The Bitcoin!!!!!! Make your own damn e-money!!! What a hoot. This is the future. Internet is a gd scam.

this may sound anachronistic (believe that's the right word) -- but I believe that sometimes a LOW TECH solution is truly a better choice

With tech, we trade security for convenience. Whats the tipping point?

Would definitely stop hacking. But would take more to stop fraud.

As another poster said, youd think bith sides would be really concerned about it. But they dont seem to be. Why?

Absolutely.

We are being used a lot of ways by this e-world. The voting is one thing. If you can't see it and touch it, is it real? Not really.

The latest "smart voting machines" are made by a George Soros owned country...least that's what this thread told me, maybe that's a joke. It does seem ridiculous we would use foreign voting machines owned by the man who spends a ton of money trying to create a New World Order.

AND HILLARY STILL COULDNT WIN!! despite getting millions more votes lol. Wonder what machines those votes came from.

We have learned time and time again that nothing is safe on the internet, and things are not all real on the internet, yet the govt continues to tell us the e-world is the way for *everything*, and it's not. It's just the easy way.

Long said the e-world will be the death of us. The ultimate goal is full automated virtual reality.

One of my favorite e-stories is The Bitcoin!!!!!! Make your own damn e-money!!! What a hoot. This is the future. Internet is a gd scam.

Great post. As i was reading that all i could think of is bitcoin. Then you dropped the bomb on it.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT