POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Idk who these clowns on Fox right now, but they are hilarious. I believe this is Comey questioning someone on e-surveillance and he and the guy being questioned are just reading scripts and covering their ass with every word. The guy questioned doesnt know anything, btw. Our country is a joke. Both of these clowns should he fired. They are worthless and wasting everybody's time.

Judge Judy is more serious than these clowns.

James comey is the guy that didn't prosecute Hilary or something?

*just a reminder, I have no earthly idea how our govt works, and just know it's a total joke that's designed not to work so mfers like these actors on TV right now can make stupid money and keep their jobs/power

Anyone see franken questioning comedy today?

How do some of these people get elected to serve some of the highest offices in the country?

Franken: comey, did Russia favor trump because they already had him by the balls financially?

Comey: no. We found it was more of because, just like anyone with a brain, they hated Hillary and trump wasn't Hillary.

Franken: well but if it was my crazy thinking wouldn't you need his tax returns?

Stuart Smalley is a senator and Trump is the President. Seems like doing shitty TV is a good prerequisite for political office now :D

This is the dumbest shit I've ever seen. Does Trump know this is happening and is he cool with this? He needs to fire everybody in this room. This is a complete joke.

*im only watching bc its on at lunch, and highly hilarious, tbh.

Comey used the word "wizards" to explain computer folks who were able to uncover info he said just one sentence earlier was not able to be read. But, the "wizards" could, after they did some custom software things - he made typing gestures with his hands when he said "custom software" - the info was available. BUT, the info was not available. K? Nobody laughed at him or nothing.

Then he said guccifer2.0 was a Russian ally.

What's going on here basically is this is a charade to show the American people through LIVE TV that govt doesn't spy on anybody, that's crazy, but...technically, we do, but we can't talk about that, so, no we don't do any spying and we have no info and hillary Clinton is not a criminal. We don't give a shit.

This comey character is really scary. He is a spineless toad in charge of the freaking FBI. He will pursue charges of legit treason only if the liberals condone it. Hillary should be in ****ing prison. I Don't care what it takes, bring out 25,000 marines and get ready for heavy resistance. Hell WHEN that wall gets built u think those sons a bitches won't try to tear it down; all the while getting praise from celebs, the media. I could see Sean penn going down there with a hammer and he'd be hailed as a hero. IF I have a bad enough stretch of days, I'd be pissed enough to drive down there and raise some serious hell against protestors. Just for the sheer amusement of watching them suffer.

Really interesting WaPo read on an upcoming book on Obama, including how he dumped his white girlfriend as he developed more political aspirations.

They were a natural fit. Jager soon came to realize, she told Garrow, that Obama had “a deep-seated need to be loved and admired.”

It is in the personal realm that Garrow’s account is particularly revealing. He shares for the first time the story of a woman Obama lived with and loved in Chicago, in the years before he met Michelle, and whom he asked to marry him. Sheila Miyoshi Jager, now a professor at Oberlin College, is a recurring presence in “Rising Star,” and her pained, drawn-out relationship with Obama informs both his will to rise in politics and the trade-offs he deems necessary to do so. Garrow, who received a Pulitzer Prize for his biography of Martin Luther King Jr., concludes this massive new work with a damning verdict on Obama’s determination: “While the crucible of self-creation had produced an ironclad will, the vessel was hollow at its core.”

At Harvard, the Obama the world has come to know took clearer form. In his late 20s now and slightly older than most classmates, he had a compulsion to orate in class and summarize other people’s arguments for them. “In law school the only thing I would have voted for Obama to do would have been to shut up,” one student told Garrow. Classmates created a Obamanometer, ranking “how pretentious someone’s remarks are in class.”

He points out that Obama’s cocaine use extended into his post-college years, longer than Obama had previously acknowledged. And he suggests Obama deployed religion for political purposes; while campaigning for the U.S. Senate, Garrow notes, Obama began toting around a Bible and exhibited “a greater religious faith than close acquaintances had ever previously sensed.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...litics-got-in-the-way/?utm_term=.31fd4dfe4de0

From the same upcoming biography.

New Biography: Young Obama ‘Considered Gayness’

In a chapter about the former president’s two years at Occidental College, Garrow reveals a close relationship Obama had with an openly gay assistant professor named Lawrence Goldyn.

“Goldyn made a huge impact on Barry Obama,” Garrow wrote in the book. “Almost a quarter century later, asked about his understanding of gay issues, Obama enthusiastically said, ‘my favorite professor my first year in college was one of the first openly gay people that I knew…He was a terrific guy” with whom Obama developed a ‘friendship beyond the classroom.'”

The biographer added, “Goldyn years later would remember that Obama ‘was not fearful of being associated with me’ in terms of ‘talking socially’ and ‘learning from me’ after as well as in class.”

“Three years later, Obama wrote somewhat elusively to his first intimate girlfriend that he had thought about and considered gayness, but ultimately had decided that a same-sex relationship would be less challenging and demanding than developing one with the opposite sex,” Garrow wrote. “But there is no doubting that Goldyn gave eighteen-year-old Barry a vastly more positive and uplifting image of gay identity and self-confidence than he had known in Honolulu.”

From the same upcoming biography.

New Biography: Young Obama ‘Considered Gayness’

In a chapter about the former president’s two years at Occidental College, Garrow reveals a close relationship Obama had with an openly gay assistant professor named Lawrence Goldyn.

“Goldyn made a huge impact on Barry Obama,” Garrow wrote in the book. “Almost a quarter century later, asked about his understanding of gay issues, Obama enthusiastically said, ‘my favorite professor my first year in college was one of the first openly gay people that I knew…He was a terrific guy” with whom Obama developed a ‘friendship beyond the classroom.'”

The biographer added, “Goldyn years later would remember that Obama ‘was not fearful of being associated with me’ in terms of ‘talking socially’ and ‘learning from me’ after as well as in class.”

“Three years later, Obama wrote somewhat elusively to his first intimate girlfriend that he had thought about and considered gayness, but ultimately had decided that a same-sex relationship would be less challenging and demanding than developing one with the opposite sex,” Garrow wrote. “But there is no doubting that Goldyn gave eighteen-year-old Barry a vastly more positive and uplifting image of gay identity and self-confidence than he had known in Honolulu.”

Well, that certainly explains Manchelle Obama

Just to be clear, didn't like either one and didn't vote for either one.

Her ego won't let her lose gracefully. Trump's won't let him win gracefully.

I think massive voter fraud should be investigated and cracked down upon if it's occurring. Voting is the bedrock of a democracy. Trump said it did occur. I don't think he'll do anything about his assertion, though.
He won't do anything about his assertion because he has no proof. The idea that there is "massive voter fraud" is no different than the assertion that John Calipari is dirty. It's an easy rumor to let fly because some people want to believe it.
You can never prove that something is not happening. If someone wants to believe something they can always rationalize reasons to support their conspiracy.

Heard on the radio that a murder/suicide just happened on a college campus in Texas. They specifically and purposely went into detail, describing the attacker as a white guy with a buzz cut, wearing an orange "wife beater" tank top. It's clear as day the MSM is pushing propaganda and purposely trying to imply that he's a redneck, nazi skinhead.

But when it's a brown/black guy they go out of their way to protect his identity and not to describe him in specifics. When is the last time you heard the MSM describe a brown/black attacker in such detail, purposely trying to hint at and imply his motives? You haven't and you never will.

Austin, Texas just a few days ago is a perfect example. Muslim black guy with a long beard, wearing a head scarf, targeting whites. He was simply described as UT attacker or Austin attacker. No race, no hair or wardrobe descriptions, nothing.
Total BS. I guess that's why they posts pictures of the suspect?
They published his name and picture...what more would you like?

These reporters are really getting angry at Sean today. If I were him I would just start throwing up middle fingers and laughing. Showing up in a clown outfit with a bottle of vodka.

Some dumbass just tried to get him to say Trump lied and hates the lgtb community.

These reporters are really getting angry at Sean today. If I were him I would just start throwing up middle fingers and laughing. Showing up in a clown outfit with a bottle of vodka.

Some dumbass just tried to get him to say Trump lied and hates the lgtb community.

I do find it ironic that the left is under the delusion that Trump hates gays, abortion, same sex marriage, etc. More than any candidate on either side, Trump didn't and doesn't care about any of those things. These protests are so dumb.

I do find it ironic that the left is under the delusion that Trump hates gays, abortion, same sex marriage, etc. More than any candidate on either side, Trump didn't and doesn't care about any of those things. These protests are so dumb.

You know John. Up until he became a serious threat to become president. Not one person ever accused him of bigotry. But in 2016, he suddenly became the biggest bigot of all time. hmmmm

You know John. Up until he became a serious threat to become president. Not one person ever accused him of bigotry. But in 2016, he suddenly became the biggest bigot of all time. hmmmm

Agreed. If anything, I'd call Trump indifferent to most social issues but fiscally conservative.

If you're a liberal who was worried about rights being taken away, Trump shouldn't be of any concern to you IMO.

Today Trump made an amendment to the new healthcare bill to keep preexisting conditions. Some moderates have already went from a no to a yes because of this. Hopefully this pulls in the rest of the moderates but doesn't drive away the Freedom Caucus.

I guess calling out racial bias and using the c word must be hate speech. For the record, though, it wasn't hate. I'm British so it's endearment.

How pathetic that Hillary is blaming everyone but herself. The american voters rejected you. Resoundingly. Go away.

After this I get the feeling theyre going to try to run her again. Never wouldve thought that a few months ago.
I disagree. I hope Hillary keeps talking. She will just help the GOP win again in 2018 and 2020.

Has a liberal ever won a rational argument? They shift the goal posts, and throw up strawmen like a mother 'fer, and then flat out lie. They are devoid of all rational thought and function purely on 'the feelz good' philosophy. That is why they should NEVER be allowed to have positions of authority over other peoples lives EVER.

With this I agree also....which begs the question why so many "conservatives" think Trump is a conservative.
Trump is an opportunist that uses whatever, will say whatever he thinks will serve Trump.

With this I agree also....which begs the question why so many "conservatives" think Trump is a conservative.
Trump is an opportunist that uses whatever, will say whatever he thinks will serve Trump.

A. Ur an idiot

B. I would bet you(but u won't pay) you couldn't find one poster here that voted for trump that thinks he's a conservative. Not one

C. Pay your bets.

A. Ur an idiot

B. I would bet you(but u won't pay) you couldn't find one poster here that voted for trump that thinks he's a conservative. Not one

C. Pay your bets.

Phatty, I agree with your point B - but a lot of standard, straight line republicans also voted for Trump. To your point, this message board isn't populated by run of the mill conservatives though.

Has a liberal ever won a rational argument? They shift the goal posts, and throw up strawmen like a mother 'fer, and then flat out lie. They are devoid of all rational thought and function purely on 'the feelz good' philosophy. That is why they should NEVER be allowed to have positions of authority over other peoples lives EVER.
Bill, admit it. The only rational argument you or anyone has ever won is that in your own mind. Making a statement <> winning an argument unless you actually changed someone else's mind. A cutesy comeback doesn't win the argument. And I'd say that history shows that liberals have won most arguments. As I've stated previously, the difference between a liberal and conservative is usually about 25 years...the time it takes for societal attitudes to change.
  • end of slavery
  • women's right to vote
  • child labor
  • abortion
  • civil rights/integration
  • gay rights
All liberal causes...
Conservatives win battles here and there but always lose the wars over time. #truth

You can't make this shit up. You simply can't.

KOS-600x319.png

Bill, admit it. The only rational argument you or anyone has ever won is that in your own mind. Making a statement <> winning an argument unless you actually changed someone else's mind. A cutesy comeback doesn't win the argument. And I'd say that history shows that liberals have won most arguments. As I've stated previously, the difference between a liberal and conservative is usually about 25 years...the time it takes for societal attitudes to change.
  • end of slavery
  • women's right to vote
  • child labor
  • abortion
  • civil rights/integration
  • gay rights
All liberal causes...
Conservatives win battles here and there but always lose the wars over time. #truth

You suck at history and understanding societal issues, you know that.

No, conservative cuck and capitulate to the left EVERY DAMN TIME, that is why conservatism is waning and a New Right is rising. You guys aren't going to like the new kids on the block. P.S. saying you guys ended slavery is a little bit disingenuous don't you think.
I guess we'll see about that. Pretty tough to turn around a ship that's headed in the same direction for 1000 years...

Yeah, the abolitionist were liberals. The GOP was the liberal party of the 1860's. In fact if you knew your history you'd know that there wasn't a real liberal/conservative divide in the parties until the 1960's and Barry Goldwater. Northeastern Republicans who were the dominant force in the GOP were as liberal socially as any... Southern Blue Dog Democrats were as conservative socially as any. Reagan changed the landscape by joining the Evangelicals, southern Democrats and other conservatives together.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT