POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Have to do something about it no doubt. Probably not unreasonable to shoot at people hopping the WH fence to be honest - it does need to be the safest place.
The Secret Service should deem anybody attempting to jump the fence a threat to the Presidents life. They need to do something before something bad happens.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
People who ridicule him playing golf probably have never played the game.

Obama did it with no objective in mind but to goof off with friends and to lower his HC.

Trump does it because he makes deals on the course. That is what business people do. I have established many great relationships and deals on the course. Been able to form friendships with people I would never have known if not for playing golf with them. You learn a lot about a person on the golf course. Someone like Trump will use that to his advantage.

I would be all for more people in Congress to get out together to play golf. Get away from the BS and start forming meaningful relationships which do not exist between the sides.

After re-reading this, I think you're being obviously sarcastic which flew completely over my head, but I'll be damned if I haven't read people defending it in exactly this same way. Kudos.

I love golf more than pretty much anything, but this is a huge rationalization. We don't have much of an idea who Obama did or didn't play with or what he did while on the course any more than we do Trump. As far as I know, I'm not sure either finalized any major legislation on the back 9 though. To say Obama was just playing for fun but Trump is playing with a business purpose is party homerism at its finest. One of Trump's most publicized rounds while President was with Rory McIllroy. And if was playing golf and closing deals, you can bet his side would be trumpeting that a little more. He's playing golf because he really likes it.

That being said, I don't care if either of them play. Presidents have to relax throughout the week too. They're easily accessible on the course. The only reason this is an issue is because Trump was merciless on Obama for doing the exact same thing. Even the biggest Trump supporters have to admit it's hypocritical even if the whole thing is silly.
-If you follow beat writers on twitter you know who they play with most of the time and it is very true Trump plays with business leader most of time and Obama played with buddies. Took him 5 years to play with Boehner, who also an avid golfer, and only did once.
-You don't care but hop in to comment. okey dokey.
-Many/most on the left are also hypocrites about it as well. I do hope there is a legitimate accounting of what he spends on leisure, will be shame if he does not cut the cost Obama spent.

Reactions: bigbluefattycat
After re-reading this, I think you're being obviously sarcastic which flew completely over my head, but I'll be damned if I haven't read people defending it in exactly this same way. Kudos.

I also couldn't tell if it was sarcastic or not. Was hoping it was.

Trump doesn't strike me as the type who leisurely plays a sport. Dude is too wrapped up in his business, and admittedly, himself. Could be wrong, but I get the feeling that he plays golf because he has to.

Obama’s 18 Favorite Golf Partners (You’ve Only Heard of One)
An interactive tally of all 145 rounds of golf that the president has played while in office.

"Most presidents play golf, regardless of whether they enjoyed the sport as a non-president. Clinton, who was famous for cheating, employed the sport just as one might assume: as grounds for entertaining donors and buttering up entrenched political opponents. Obama clearly prefers to use his tee times to unwind with the guys—and they are almost exclusively guys—and appears reluctant to introduce new faces to his foursomes. He eschews golf’s “good ole boy” image in at least one way: Of the 16 men Obama has played golf with at least 5 times, 12 of them are younger than him, most by at least a decade."

Reactions: qwesley
Obama’s 18 Favorite Golf Partners (You’ve Only Heard of One)
An interactive tally of all 145 rounds of golf that the president has played while in office.

"Most presidents play golf, regardless of whether they enjoyed the sport as a non-president. Clinton, who was famous for cheating, employed the sport just as one might assume: as grounds for entertaining donors and buttering up entrenched political opponents. Obama clearly prefers to use his tee times to unwind with the guys—and they are almost exclusively guys—and appears reluctant to introduce new faces to his foursomes. He eschews golf’s “good ole boy” image in at least one way: Of the 16 men Obama has played golf with at least 5 times, 12 of them are younger than him, most by at least a decade."
Bathhouse Barry's Boytoy Golf Buds

-If you follow beat writers on twitter you know who they play with most of the time and it is very true Trump plays with business leader most of time and Obama played with buddies. Took him 5 years to play with Boehner, who also an avid golfer, and only did once.
-You don't care but hop in to comment. okey dokey.
-Many/most on the left are also hypocrites about it as well. I do hope there is a legitimate accounting of what he spends on leisure, will be shame if he does not cut the cost Obama spent.

I don't follow any beat writers on Twitter. Who has Trump played with that would be useful in his role as President? I actually would be interested in that information.

I don't care if any President plays golf. I do care that people on both sides are hypocrites about it. I think that's a pretty clear distinction, okey dokey?

Reactions: fatguy87
C8gVXBNWsAAvcG7.jpg

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
CBS news is hilarious right now..

FLAME JETTING PHENOMENON!!

Seen this? Heard about this?

Well, apparently flammable liquids can catch fire. FLAME JETTING. Flammable liquids can kill. For example, young Ashley was badly burned when a friend was playing with a gas can near a large fire. "It was like a fire breathing dragon", Ashley sobs. Her mother, and ATF agent, was unaware of this flame jetting phenomenon. When shown recent studies about how dangerous flame jetting can be, and how a simple device can prevent a catastrophe, she was appalled - "We can save lives with this device!".

Thankfully California congressman Dip Shit is working hard to stop FLAME JETTING!! because he cares about the people!!!!

*i am not crapping you. Don't play with gasoline near fire. It's dangerous and our govt needs to regulate containers with flammable liquids. Another example they showed was a dumbass playing with fire and pouring shots, set some ladies head on fire. Lmao. FLAME JETTING!!!!

Omfg now Chelsea Clinton is live on set, discussing her children's book....which was written as a "call to action" to lil kids with political dreams, and to encourage children in general to get involved. LMAO

Now they asked how her mom is. LMAO.

Omg. Last week I heard Chelsea won some "prestigious award" and is looking to start her career in politics.

FML

This is unreal. These people will not quit. Trump needs to jail Chelsea's momma and pull this crap ass book off the shelf. Politics for children? Gtfo.

CBS news is hilarious right now..

FLAME JETTING PHENOMENON!!

Seen this? Heard about this?

Well, apparently flammable liquids can catch fire. FLAME JETTING. Flammable liquids can kill. For example, young Ashley was badly burned when a friend was playing with a gas can near a large fire. "It was like a fire breathing dragon", Ashley sobs. Her mother, and ATF agent, was unaware of this flame jetting phenomenon. When shown recent studies about how dangerous flame jetting can be, and how a simple device can prevent a catastrophe, she was appalled - "We can save lives with this device!".

Thankfully California congressman Dip Shit is working hard to stop FLAME JETTING!! because he cares about the people!!!!

*i am not crapping you. Don't play with gasoline near fire. It's dangerous and our govt needs to regulate containers with flammable liquids. Another example they showed was a dumbass playing with fire and pouring shots, set some ladies head on fire. Lmao. FLAME JETTING!!!!
Sadly, this isn't new territory. In 2009, Gov't mandated a change to the way Jerry cans were manufactured and how they work. Of course, all of this was based off of existing California law.This was all done in the name safety by requiring a vent on all gas containers so that they wouldn't overheat and explode. I shit you not. This, of course, causes leaks. Lots and lots of leaks. So, subsequently, if you can find an old-style metal jerry can, you're going to pay thru the nose for it. Otherwise, you have to have a Cali compliant can that leaks as to protect the environment.

-love the hypocrisy on this board regarding the golf. No, he was not being sarcastic

-you all aren't even mad that Trump is going to his clubs and resorts on the taxpayer dime.

-anyone mad at republicans for selling out internet privacy? Trump signed it, McConnell voted for it and Rand Paul was too big of a pussy to show up to vote.

Will continue to bet that most of Obama's top staffers/cabinet had a hand in this among other things that should land them in prison. Holder, Rice, Rhodes, Jarrett, Brennan, Clapper, the list is long. It all goes to the top. Obama

Easily the most corrupt administration in US history.

Will be shocked if any ever see a court room or prison time.

Will continue to bet that most of Obama's top staffers/cabinet had a hand in this among other things that should land them in prison. Holder, Rice, Rhodes, Jarrett, Brennan, Clapper, the list is long. It all goes to the top. Obama

Easily the most corrupt administration in US history.

Will be shocked if any ever see a court room or prison time.
I know we are all waiting to see cardkilla's response to this. Question is will the media outside of Fox even cover it?

Russia could learn a thing or two from the Obama administration about undermining the democratic process of the United States.

"You tried to hack the DNC?...lol watch this..."...uses the resources of the federal government to perform a surveillance operation on Trump and his associates they can send the information throughout various government organizations.

Even if Russia hacked the DNC emails and gave them to Wikileaks (they didn't), that's nowhere even close to being as egregious as the Obama administration using government resources to spy on Trump and publishing that information (through "leaks").

-love the hypocrisy on this board regarding the golf. No, he was not being sarcastic

-you all aren't even mad that Trump is going to his clubs and resorts on the taxpayer dime.

-anyone mad at republicans for selling out internet privacy? Trump signed it, McConnell voted for it and Rand Paul was too big of a pussy to show up to vote.
Obviously you were asleep the last 8 years Mr. Van Winkle.

Reactions: FusterCluck
Former US Attorney: Susan Rice Ordered Spy Agencies To Produce ‘Detailed Spreadsheets’ Involving Trump

“What was produced by the intelligence community at the request of Ms. Rice were detailed spreadsheets of intercepted phone calls with unmasked Trump associates in perfectly legal conversations with individuals,” diGenova told The Daily Caller News Foundation Investigative Group Monday.

“The overheard conversations involved no illegal activity by anybody of the Trump associates, or anyone they were speaking with,” diGenova said. “In short, the only apparent illegal activity was the unmasking of the people in the calls.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT