• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reactions: moe_schmoe
This is exactly what needs to happen...

http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/index.ssf/2017/03/rep_mo_brooks_files_bill_to_re.html

However, we all know the R establishment is going to shit all over him and the bill and never allow anyone to actually vote on it for fear of actually showing voters where you stand instead of just being able to lie about it.

Agree. There's really only one criticism I could see them having a problem with, stopping it from being voted on. Even though it should be, it's not as simple as just full repeal. Representatives, even some in favor of full repeal, wouldn't take the chance of voting on it unless they're all in an agreement, and already have a replacement lined up and ready to go.

The obvious pushback this would get is -- what happens if we repeal, then spend our time bickering over a replacement like this last go round, and can't get it done by December 31, 2017 when full repeal goes into affect? What then? Do we leave millions without health care until we finally sort it out?

Reactions: screwduke1
I just don't see how we get meaningful tax reform without that money cut out of the budget.

9 Billion, hell the US spent 22 Billion for 3 destroyers that don't work. How can Trump be serious about reigning in debt if he wants to add a 10 percent increase to defense spending? Average Joe American is more worried about not losing his house from medical costs than blowing up some guy over seas holding an AK with a $500 million smart bomb.

9 Billion, hell the US spent 22 Billion for 3 destroyers that don't work. How can Trump be serious about reigning in debt if he wants to add a 10 percent increase to defense spending? Average Joe American is more worried about not losing his house from medical costs than blowing up some guy over seas holding an AK with a $500 million smart bomb.

It's a fair point but spending and waste are two different issues. One can be controlled without congress. The other cant.

Yeah. Thank God for those American research and development drug companies that have to jump through all those federal rules and regs to keep people safe while dumping MILLIONS to bring a drug to market just so a bullshit company in Taiwan can manufacture a generic form of that pill for your cheap and poorly informed ass.
You are one of the most foolish people and must be a trial lawyer. Haha

Really, every drug company in America has an office in Taiwan just like they do in Mexica and in Canada. Why, because these countries will not pay American prices and will just buy drugs fro Europe

You are another uninformed person who has no understanding of the drug business and how they can charge 15.00 for a penicillin that cost .15 cents to make.

So you think the drug companies are honest people?

C79ZL-pVwAArPQ2.jpg

You are one of the most foolish people and must be a trial lawyer. Haha

Really, every drug company in America has an office in Taiwan just like they do in Mexica and in Canada. Why, because these countries will not pay American prices and will just buy drugs fro Europe

You are another uninformed person whog has no understanding of the drug business and how they can charge 15.00 for a penicillin that cost .15 cents to make.

So you think the drug companies are honest people?

Yes, b/c that;s exactly what I said.

Thank God somebody is footing the bill for R&D of those drugs so you can keep your poor lifestyle and keep popping $2 heart pills while rim jobbing Taiwanese trannies.

Also, American tax dollars help to fund those R&D drugs. You're welcome.

Last edited:
Lindsey Graham said this morning that the GOP will definitely go nuclear over Gorsuch. He is one of the last senators that I thought would go along with that option. So it looks like a go. That also means that the dems can't stop Trump from replacing Kennedy should he leave the court after this term as rumored.

Reactions: Moopyj
Lindsey Graham said this morning that the GOP will definitely go nuclear over Gorsuch. He is one of the last senators that I thought would go along with that option. So it looks like a go. That also means that the dems can't stop Trump from replacing Kennedy should he leave the court after this term as rumored.

Which means Thapar will likely be the next appointment

Which means Thapar will likely be the next appointment

Most likely Pryor (who was considered too conservative to get through under current rules). Thapar just (a few days ago) was nominated to take a seat on the 6th circuit court of appeals. He is the only other Trump judicial nominee other than Gorsuch. Once he serves a year or two he would be a great replacement for Ruth Ginsburg should she have to leave.

Now if only Trump could get busy naming another 122 people to fill the current open federal judgeships.

http://www.uscourts.gov/judges-judgeships/judicial-vacancies

Last edited:
Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Most likely Pryor (who was considered too conservative to get through under current rules). Thapar just (a few days ago) was nominated to take a seat on the 6th circuit court of appeals. He is the only other Trump judicial nominee other than Gorsuch. Once he serves a year or two he would be a great replacement for Ruth Ginsburg should she have to leave.

Now if only Trump could get busy naming another 122 people to fill the current open federal judgeships.

http://www.uscourts.gov/judges-judgeships/judicial-vacancies

Only reason I thought Thapar was because it would be nearly impossible for dems to oppose him given his heritage.

That and he's fantastic (which unfortunately doesn't even matter now)

If Graham is a go than you would have to think McCain is also. Good news.

Reactions: DSmith21
Do you think Trump gives a damn about that HC bill? I'm sure his business people told him it was crap and that's why when the freedom caucus asked for so many stips Trump said sure whatever you can have it all.

He knew it didn't matter!

It was a joke of a bill, and Trump is too business to think govt should have anything at all to do with healthcare.

If you don't know that or want to hold it against Trump from either side of the political spectrum it's you that need to reevaluate how to views business/politics during this regime.

Wake up people.

Only reason I thought Thapar was because it would be nearly impossible for dems to oppose him given his heritage.

That and he's fantastic (which unfortunately doesn't even matter now)

The dems have shown that they will block anyone especially a minority. Remember Miguel Estrada during the Bush administration? The dems successfully filibustered him to keep him off the D.C. court of appeals which is considered a stepping stone to the Supreme Ct. Dems try to marginalize any conservative minority for daring to step off of the liberal reservation.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm pissed. I voted for some goddamn change around here. Shit, what do we get? We now get the Establishment Rs f***** everything up. What we got here is a 100% a governmental shit show.
I think we need to zip a couple of bullets passed their ears and then ask, Do you hear us now?

"Because the Freedom Caucus is unwilling to budge and/or compromise. Trump compromised and tweaked it numerous times for them. They got everything they asked for, but it was never enough. They kept coming back for more."

Simply put, established republicans do not want Trump to succeed. Nor do democrats. He is scaling the flat side of a mountain at this point.

Typical moronic response once again from the left. Why don't we just destroy the military like you guys want. Then, you will have the communist government you guys are pining for.

Typical moronic response once again from the left. Why don't we just destroy the military like you guys want. Then, you will have the communist government you guys are pining for.

Too bad our libs don't understand that Commies (and former Commies) like to spend big on the military too. China and Russia are number 2 and 3 in military spending. The only way that we could spend as little as some European nations (the liberal utopia) is if we found some other sucker to be the world's 911 and protect us for next to nothing. I don't see that ever happening.

Too bad our libs don't understand that Commies (and former Commies) like to spend big on the military too. China and Russia are number 2 and 3 in military spending. The only way that we could spend as little as some European nations (the liberal utopia) is if we found some other sucker to be the world's 911 and protect us for next to nothing. I don't see that ever happening.
No doubt but, they can't do that right now because our strength will not allow them to take over. They have to take over first and then drain us of the rest of our money using it for whatever they want.

Reactions: DSmith21

American Taxpayers pay for almost 40% of the world's police. Either these countries start paying their fair share or we walk right in their GD country and take what we want. No one would stop me. I'll go f*** up Hans and Gert before they even know what hit them

Is Trump Making You Fat?.
I've eaten an additional 16,625 calories since President Trump was sworn into office. At least, that's what my calculations based on my recent (and unusual) 4.75-pound weight gain tell me.

I'm not alone: Many of my clients, friends and colleagues are complaining about POTUS pounds. They wake up each morning wondering which crazy tweet the president has fired off, which ally he's offended, which latest conspiracy theory he's peddling or which executive order he'll sign next. Their increased anxiety triggers stress eating. .....

You can't make this stuff up.

Top US coal boss Robert Murray: Trump 'can't bring mining jobs back'

The founder and chief executive of Murray Energy supports Donald Trump’s move to roll back Obama’s clean power plan but cautions the president to go easy on talk of a jobs revival

America’s biggest coal boss is hopeful that his industry will soon be freed of “fraudulent” green legislation that has hampered his industry, but warned Donald Trump to “temper” expectations about a boom in mining jobs.

Coalmining employed 98,505 people in 2015, according to theMine Safety and Health Administration, down from 127,745 in 2008, the year Obama was elected president, and about 250,000 in the 1970s. Trump has consistently pledged to restore mining jobs, but many of those jobs were lost to technology rather than regulation and to competition from natural gas and renewables, which makes it unlikely that he can do much to significantly grow the number of jobs in the industry, said Murray.

“I suggested that he temper his expectations. Those are my exact words,” said Murray. “He can’t bring them back.”

Top US coal boss Robert Murray: Trump 'can't bring mining jobs back'

The founder and chief executive of Murray Energy supports Donald Trump’s move to roll back Obama’s clean power plan but cautions the president to go easy on talk of a jobs revival

America’s biggest coal boss is hopeful that his industry will soon be freed of “fraudulent” green legislation that has hampered his industry, but warned Donald Trump to “temper” expectations about a boom in mining jobs.

Coalmining employed 98,505 people in 2015, according to theMine Safety and Health Administration, down from 127,745 in 2008, the year Obama was elected president, and about 250,000 in the 1970s. Trump has consistently pledged to restore mining jobs, but many of those jobs were lost to technology rather than regulation and to competition from natural gas and renewables, which makes it unlikely that he can do much to significantly grow the number of jobs in the industry, said Murray.

“I suggested that he temper his expectations. Those are my exact words,” said Murray. “He can’t bring them back.”
This is exactly right because nobody is going to build any new coal fired power plants. It might slow the loss of mining jobs but coal demand isn't going to increase. It will allow coal operators to make more money from their existing mines (another gift to the billionaires) and allow them to poison the land where the miners live and work... that's about it. There will be fewer coal mining jobs by 2020 than there are today because there will be fewer coal fired power plants.

Only fools would think Trump can bring coal all the way back. He can definitely help some though.

You are talking about libs. The same group that won't even acknowledge Islamic terror, let alone agree it's dangerous

Reactions: Moopyj
White House calls for domestic cuts to finance border wall

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump is proposing immediate budget cuts of $18 billion from programs like medical research, infrastructure and community grants so U.S. taxpayers, not Mexico, can cover the down payment on the border wall.

The White House documents were submitted to Congress amid negotiations over a catchall spending bill that would avert a partial government shutdown at the end of next month. The package would wrap up $1.1 trillion in unfinished spending bills and address the Trump administration's request for an immediate $30 billion in additional Pentagon spending.

The latest Trump proposal, disclosed Tuesday, would eliminate $1.2 billion in National Institutes of Health research grants, a favorite of both parties. The community development block grant program, also popular, would be halved, amounting to a cut of $1.5 billion, and Trump would strip $500 million from a popular grant program for transportation projects.

Other cuts include $434 million to immediately eliminate a program to encourage community service opportunities for senior citizens, eliminating $372 million in remaining funding for heating subsidies for the poor, and cutting $447 million in transit grants.

Hahaha... actually they are #2 and #4, Saudi Arabia is #3.

You could actually add #2 and #3 together, double it and it still would be less than what we spend. So much for "spending big".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT