POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That is just plain false. Democratic presidents have succeeded. FDR, Truman, JFK, LBJ all have objectively succeeded. Even Bill Clinton had the first budget surplus in decades.

Have you forgot that the two biggest economic recessions in American history were the result of conservative economics? (Hoover, Bush)

Already been established that he recorded shit differently to fit the budget need.

Doesn't matter Bush, Clinton whatever. They both sucked the same globalist c***

Already been established that he recorded shit differently to fit the budget need.

Doesn't matter Bush, Clinton whatever. They both sucked the same globalist c***

Neocon Newt ran the Clinton budget. Trolls gonna troll. For the eleventy billionth time we don't care about Bush or any other globalist mafia that tries to destroy our liberty. Party be damned.

That is just plain false. Democratic presidents have succeeded. FDR, Truman, JFK, LBJ all have objectively succeeded. Even Bill Clinton had the first budget surplus in decades.

Have you forgot that the two biggest economic recessions in American history were the result of conservative economics? (Hoover, Bush)

@bigblueinsanity

:popcorn: oh you are really going to embarrass yourself on this one. today's democratic economic ideals are in no way similar to those of JFK's days. JFK cut taxes dramatically. find a dem that would even consider that today and he/she/it will be excommunicated from the party. you obviously have no education on Clinton's "balanced budget" either. it was a republican congress that forced his spending cuts, he dramatically crippled the military and borrowed from social security budgets to cover the rest. all paper work manipulations. yes Bush failed to reel in what was leading to the housing bust. but it was Clinton and the Barny Franks that loosened the regulations that allowed anyone to get loans they couldn't afford to buy homes they shouldn't have been able to get. Bush didn't do anything to help himself but he was under tremendous pressure from your side, tighten lending regulations and quit letting anyone get a loan and he was called racist, etc. history is not your strong suit Ricky. not real sure what your strong suit is other than shitty message board takes.

Interesting that Nunes went straight to the media before discussing findings with Schiff and the rest of the Intelligence Committee.

Sen. John McCain told MSNBC on Wednesday that Congress does not have the "credibility" to conduct an independent investigation into what connections, if any, President Donald Trump's campaign had to Russian officials during the election.

McCain's comments came after House Intelligence Committee chairman Devin Nunes made the highly unusual decision on Wednesday to bypass his vice-chair, Rep. Adam Schiff, and brief Trump directly on a report he said he had been given that Trump's transition team had been legally surveilled after the election.

"This is a bizarre situation," McCain told Greta van Susteren. "I'm calling for a select committee because I think this back-and-forth shows that Congress no longer has the credibility handle this alone. And I don't say that lightly."

Sen. John McCain told MSNBC on Wednesday that Congress does not have the "credibility" to conduct an independent investigation into what connections, if any, President Donald Trump's campaign had to Russian officials during the election.

McCain's comments came after House Intelligence Committee chairman Devin Nunes made the highly unusual decision on Wednesday to bypass his vice-chair, Rep. Adam Schiff, and brief Trump directly on a report he said he had been given that Trump's transition team had been legally surveilled after the election.

"This is a bizarre situation," McCain told Greta van Susteren. "I'm calling for a select committee because I think this back-and-forth shows that Congress no longer has the credibility handle this alone. And I don't say that lightly."

Cardkilla quoting a Soros shill.

"Hey, I'm John McCuck, and I take money from the same people who pay the Clintons. Russia did it!!!"

that is because they are they next protected democratic voting block. gotta protect them so they can be around to vote

Yep. Trying to allow as many anchor babies as possible

@bigblueinsanity

Total strawman. You completely dodged the discussion of capitalism.

First, liberal and democrat are not historically the same.

Fdr set this country on the path of financial destruction. Clinton mortgaged our nation's future for short term gain. Bush sucked balls.

Cograts to President Trump for doing what Paul Ryan either couldn't or didn't want to in bringing the Freedom Caucus on board to maybe get the Health Care Bill passed today,

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
This is where journalism is today.

C7kXkJWX0AA3d0K.jpg

[laughing] Hit piece if I've ever seen one. They're mad Trump was right about being surveilled, and are trying to create negative news.

First paragraph of that article.

The FBI has information that indicates associates of President Donald Trump communicated with suspected Russian operatives to possibly coordinate the release of information damaging to Hillary Clinton's campaign, US officials told CNN.

But if you read just a little further.

But other U.S. officials who spoke to CNN say it's premature to draw that inference from the information gathered so far since it's largely circumstantial.

The FBI cannot yet prove that collusion took place, but the information suggesting collusion is now a large focus of the investigation, the officials said.

Reactions: screwduke1
More super secret anonymous sources, eh?

After being briefed on the Russian investigation by Comey, this is what Trey Gowdy had to say about anonymous sources:

Jim Comey did more today to update us than I have ever had done in the 6 years I have been there, and for Adam to treat it that way - that dismissively, clearly he and I were in two separate rooms this morning.

I have never heard a Federal law enforcement agent give, with that degree of particularity and detail, an update on an inquiry. As you may recall, I was a federal prosecutor for 6 years, so I have talked to lots of FBI agents. He went so far beyond what any other administration official has ever done, whether it's Eric Holder, Loretta Lynch, or his predecessor Robert Muller - they never gave us this level of detail and specificity. He bent over backwards.

I will tell you this - to the extent people are relying on media reports, whether it's the New York Times or the Washington Post, upon which to base their factual assertions, I would tell them to be very, very careful. I'm not gonna say any more than that, other than to say that the person leading the investigation on behalf of the Untied States government, the head of the FBI, listen to what he has to say - don't listen to anonymous sources who leak classified information which, oh by the way, is also against the law.

Also after being briefed by Comey on the Russian investigation, here's what Tom Cotton had to say about anonymous sources.

That’s something that can be decided down the road, but right now there’s no credible evidence of these contacts beyond anonymous sources in the media. And I’ve got to tell you, anonymous sources can’t always be trusted.

Anonymous sources said Steve Bannon drove from the White House to the Department of Homeland Security to confront John Kelly, which we now know is not the truth. That’s not like the tone of a conversation, that’s someone’s physical whereabouts.

You cannot credit stories that are based on anonymous sources. You should look into them especially if you’re in a position of responsibility, but you can’t simply credit them.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity

@bigblueinsanity
We did not abandon our Capitalist ways during their terms either.

We did not abandon our Capitalist ways during their terms either.
When someone makes the claim Clinton created the economic boom of the 90s, and not the tech companies, you know you have simpleton cheerleader. Hell, his signature legislation was welfare reform. He also signed NAFTA and eased banking regs like derivatives trading. In short, they give him undue credit for the innovation that american companies accomplished while also turning a blind eye to how he physically abused women under his influence. It is astounding.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT