POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Again, D-Sus, show me where the case speaks to the application of the First Amendment to the states. You said that the first Amendment referred to the states when it states “Congress” and I said that it was not until the 20th century before that was realized. You used Moore to suggest I was wrong. Prove it.
Examples cited in Moore I linked are older than that. Regardless, this is all an obfuscation as it doesn't matter when the First was applied only to states, what's good for the federal goose is good for the state gander. If LA's law were federal @Lost In FL wouldn't've made that argument as it's clearly unconstitutional. Trying to use a 'it doesn't apply to the states' loophole is silly both philosophically/morally and legally as it's been settled for over a hundred years, as you pointed out. Any citizen of the United States of America has the rights listed in the Bill of Rights, no matter what state they live in(unless they do something to lose them of course, which isn't relevant for this discussion, but someone would still take issue).

Last edited:
Almost all of Haley's votes came from actual democrats, remember. They were rolling in dems and re registering them as repub in same day registrations so they could vote for her in the primary. She received almost no support by actual Republicans.
False.

New Hampshire state law provides for semi-closed primaries, meaning that a voter must be registered as a party member in order to participate in that party's primary. A previously unaffiliated voter can participate in the primary of his or her choice.

Reactions: Dionysus444
Show me where "separate but equal" was written into the constitution. That was "settled law" for a long time before it wasn't. It's factual ... just like separate is not equal. You just don't like it yet because you SUCK every johnson in the uniparty. Revolutionary?!?! Bwahahaha. You are in DEEP with the state uniparty. Everything you support is in line with the uniparty. And bitch, please ... do not ever talk to me about morals, Karl Adolf... guess your butter didn't get churned enough this weekend? Or missed several grooming parties? Aww ... so sad.

• Haha
Reactions: SDC888
We often wonder why the MSM run cover for the Dems? Because a helluva lot of them are married to someone in the Administration. Case in point. Dana Bash. She’s one of the CNN moderators hosting next weeks debate. She’s married to Jeremy Bash. Former CIA guy under Obama and one of the 51 signees of the Hunter Biden laptop letter. How could she possibly be seen as an impartial participant?

Show me where "separate but equal" was written into the constitution. That was "settled law" for a long time before it wasn't. It's factual ... just like separate is not equal. You just don't like it yet because you SUCK every johnson in the uniparty. Revolutionary?!?! Bwahahaha. You are in DEEP with the state uniparty. Everything you support is in line with the uniparty. And bitch, please ... do not ever talk to me about morals, Karl Adolf... guess your butter didn't get churned enough this weekend? Or missed several grooming parties? Aww ... so sad.
Listen to yourself. Think about what you're arguing. That the Bill of Rights doesn't constrain the states. So they're free to infringe on them all they want. You're advocating for taking rights away from people in the same post you call someone Adolf. Get a grip man.

• Haha
Reactions: Lost In FL
Tommy in the political thread is making for great reading.

I don’t care what anyone says, I have a few of the “Anyone but Biden 2024” Tshirts and my family crack up at them.

Regardless that’s how I feel, and I truly believe if Trump wasn’t on the other side less dems would give a damn and wouldn’t show up because their choice is dumpster water.

Examples cited in Moore I linked are older than that. Regardless, this is all an obfuscation as it doesn't matter when the First was applied only to states, what's good for the federal goose is good for the state gander. If LA's law were federal @Lost In FL wouldn't've made that argument as it's clearly unconstitutional. Trying to use a 'it doesn't apply to the states' loophole is silly both philosophically/morally and legally as it's been settled for over a hundred years, as you pointed out. Any citizen of the United States of America has the rights listed in the Bill of Rights, no matter what state they live in(unless they do something to lose them of course, which isn't relevant for this discussion, but someone would still take issue).

In other words, those you are afraid to speak, your crap was wrong. You cited a case that says nothing of the application of the First Amendment to the states after you puffed that the original intent of the First Amendment was for it to apply to the states. But, as I and freaking Wikipedia knew, it was not until the SCOTUS held that the 14th Amendment made applicable the First Amendment to the states in the early 20th century.

Yeah, it’s convenient now that you have been shown to be grossly incorrect that you say “regardless” and act as if your ignorance is of no consequence.

We shall see on that, as I make no predictions, but will say that Gorsuch has already questioned in a manner that could suggest a change. We’ll wait and see. Regardless, your pompous ass was wrong.

While we wait, your lying crap is old and tired. You are dismissed.

Listen to yourself. Think about what you're arguing. That the Bill of Rights doesn't constrain the states. So they're free to infringe on them all they want. You're advocating for taking rights away from people in the same post you call someone Adolf. Get a grip man.

Actually, I think he is suggesting that your “separation” interpretation is not constitutional, but a fabrication of an activist court and that freedom from government was not the power you wish to see the government have. That an establishment of religion does not mean that the religion of secularism is the religion of government. Time shall tell. But, history shows that your version was not how the clause was originally construed, historian.

Actually, I think he is suggesting that your “separation” interpretation is not constitutional, but a fabrication of an activist court and that freedom from government was not the power you wish to see the government have. That an establishment of religion does not mean that the religion of secularism is the religion of government. Time shall tell. But, history shows that your version was not how the clause was originally construed, historian.
Wrong. On all counts. That's not what he was arguing, that's exactly what the First means, secularism is not a religion but the absence of it, and the application has always been under debate.
HAHAHA. I KNEW you would not disappoint. Ok ... let's break this game film down ...

First amendment says ...
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances." (emphasis added)

The Louisiana law ... is the Louisiana state government "Congress"? (short answer is no - so the short answer is ... the Louisiana law DOES NOT violate the Constitution)

Last edited:
Hey man, im on your side. But what I said happened in Iowa happened.

What's education have to do with anything? I don't spend my life working in politics like you. Hell I'm not here to even be right just to talk shit most of the time.

Been around long enough to remember edge roasting your ass inside tbk's version of gyero yrs ago.

Romney loving neocons are the only ones who show up to vote for her. The others I dunno.

I'm still not convinced Biden will be on the ballot come November anyway.

Reactions: hmt5000
False.

New Hampshire state law provides for semi-closed primaries, meaning that a voter must be registered as a party member in order to participate in that party's primary. A previously unaffiliated voter can participate in the primary of his or her choice.

But still....New Hampshire is unique for various reasons, like cultural and being tiny, such that it doesn't make sense really to extrapolate what you do. The R party alays had a strong never-Trump contingent: it was always gonna be 70-30 or 60-40 wherever, and in a tiny state primary where you're only talking a couple hundred thousnad votes, a few thousand democrat voters easily produce the 44% you hanged your hopes on.

The idea was then take that momentum on, which didn't happen, couldn't happen, because like it or not, Trump is too enthusiastically supported in spite of the valiant efforts of the democrats pedophiles at the lincoln project. Which is the conundrum you guys can't answer, the exension of my point I made earlier. Why is it exactly that you think democrats were so eager for you to run someone else? Before they were championing Haley, many of them were in here arguing you should vote Desantis. You actually think they they want you to beat Biden?

People posting things from someone called Catturd will never not be funny. Also you guys will wave US flags at Trump rallies and fly them in your neighborhood, but then root against the USWNT and laugh at them because one dyed her hair blue and doesn’t love Dear Leader. Incredible showing of patriotism. Trump will make you do weird things.
GQxudZcXIAAkHzi

I thought Trump said he would have Chicago fixed day 1? And that he sent in the Feds last year to clean it up. News at 11 : Cities with huge populations are violent. Chicago isn't even top 15 for violent cities. St Louis is #1 for murders, 3x Chicago's murder rate.
Can't fix totally broken.

We often wonder why the MSM run cover for the Dems? Because a helluva lot of them are married to someone in the Administration. Case in point. Dana Bash. She’s one of the CNN moderators hosting next weeks debate. She’s married to Jeremy Bash. Former CIA guy under Obama and one of the 51 signees of the Hunter Biden laptop letter. How could she possibly be seen as an impartial participant?
Did not know this.

If I were Trump, I would make it a priority to specifically point this out during the debate so that everyone in the world watching becomes aware of this, and then ask her directly why her husband signed that letter when we now know the FBI always knew the laptop was legitimate.

And that’s a reasonable take, @HymanKaplan. Better choice for you and a ton of others.

Haley, DeSantis, and Scott would win more decisively over Biden however.

None of them would have run against Biden though. Of course Haley would beat Biden if she did. Status quo for the moneyed interest, with less unelected trannies controlling a mentally incompetent figurehead.

lol at Scott

Reactions: WTF Cat
But still....New Hampshire is unique for various reasons, like cultural and being tiny, such that it doesn't make sense really to extrapolate what you do. The R party alays had a strong never-Trump contingent: it was always gonna be 70-30 or 60-40 wherever, and in a tiny state primary where you're only talking a couple hundred thousnad votes, a few thousand democrat voters easily produce the 44% you hanged your hopes on.

The idea was then take that momentum on, which didn't happen, couldn't happen, because like it or not, Trump is too enthusiastically supported in spite of the valiant efforts of the democrats pedophiles at the lincoln project. Which is the conundrum you guys can't answer, the exension of my point I made earlier. Why is it exactly that you think democrats were so eager for you to run someone else? Before they were championing Haley, many of them were in here arguing you should vote Desantis. You actually think they they want you to beat Biden?
Lol.

Thanks for that breakdown of NH demographics and your idea of strategy.

Which presidential race Super PAC were you national director for again?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT