POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The “conservative” Court has been terrible on tax policy. Among other things. Why I find it so amusing when ignorant people like sambowieshin talk about “biased” Justices.

Going to be interesting where they land on immunity, 1512(c)(2) (going off memory) and Chevron.

The popular narrative is Roberts wants to keep the Court above politics, but decisions from the Court always seem to weigh the political implications.

The best is making Obamacare a tax to save it.

Pay attention, Elaine.
Back in the sixties, 75% of the lamps and shades in the USA came from within 50 miles of my location in far western Ky. In the 80's it was still the major manufacturing area. People came from as far away as Texas, Florida, Minnesota, and Mass in big trucks to buy. There were 1,000's of jobs directly associated, plus many more indirectly. The textile mills in the Carolinas were a major supplier of raw goods. I wrote the newly elected MM a letter warning him what chinese imports would do to the people he was representing. That was before I knew his wife's connections to the shipping industry. He (his office I guess) wrote me a letter back telling me in a nice way to screw off and asked me for a campaign donation. Everything I told him in the letter happened and the industry and jobs are gone.

Does the 'media' have a vendetta against Boeing? Moving operations to S. Carolina (that I believe was non union at the time)....moving offices to Chicago....etc? Seems like every day there are one or two stories about how a Boeing jet did this/or that, many times perhaps pilot error, but still a negative story about Boeing. Rarely do you see a story about Airbus. Seems like they are doing all they can to ruin the company.

8ukqla.jpg

Mandating the posting of religious based ideology on government property is Unconstitutional based on the first amendment.
There is nothing in the Constitution prohibiting the celebration of gayness at parades. There is no law mandating that you attend those parades. There is no law mandating that you fly gay pride flags at your kids school or your workplace.
Your comparison to pride month argument is completely without merit.
That said....True straight men like me aren't afraid of gay people. I am not the least bit worried about "switching sides". No matter how many gay marriages I hear about, I am not going to marry a gay person. No matter how many pride flags I see, I am not going to become gay. Same for Trump flags and becoming MAGA.
Just know....you have people like me that are not judging your fear of you becoming your true you if around gay people. You be true....You be you.
Sam, I see your point. However, I’m concerned about young children being influenced by the constant gay exposure as if this is normal.

Wow. Well we know these are actions of someone who values an agenda over respect for the rules. So its definitely a lib.

Not surprising of course since obama literally appointed radical activists to the court.

It’s amazing how little respect for the rule of law and ethics anyone on the left has, up to and including at the highest Court in the land.

But Alito’s wife hung a flag at their house, so he must be eliminated. Pay no mind to the people leaking decisions to try and stir up riots, or obvious coordination with a branch of government upping which they’re supposed to serve as a check and balance.

Absolutely... it's all just a stupid power game to them.

It's destined to destruction, either way and any way.

Reactions: blubo
One of the few bad ideas by Trump. Colleges are already a mess as is.

Despite the huge problem we have with illegal immigration, i have no issue with this IF there are other policies simultaneously put in place.

1) there will be no government assistance of any kind to anyone that cant show proof of legal citizenship status. If you want to come here and work to support yourself, thats fine. But zero handouts.

2) attorney general opinion that birthright citizenship cannot be passed to an individual unless the individual was born to at least one lawful citizen. Not someone just here legally. In probate law, one cant gift or bequeath any right to a thing greater than what is owned. This is clearly the correct logic all thr way around.

If you fix these two items, illegal immigration solves itself practically overnight.

3) make it illegal to confer preferential treatment based on race. Any race. This can easily be done with slight modification to the existing framework. Just remove the specific race associated language and make it race generally.

That proposal by Trump is in line with his longstanding advocacy of a merit-based immigration system, i.e. prioritizing people who offer something of value to the country (skills, education, etc.) over family connections (Biden's recent spousal proposal). I read the Loomer post that you included and it's a bunch of BS. It looks like she would do away with business immigration altogether. I know everyone likes to talk about manual laborers, but if companies were unable to get H visas for highly skilled foreign nationals (engineers, doctors, other scientists, etc.) there literally wouldn't be enough Americans to fill those roles. That is the basis of the whole business immigration system - we need to allow foreigners to fill roles that Americans cannot fill.

Reactions: vhcat70
we need to allow foreigners to fill roles that Americans cannot fill.

I agree with the rest of your post except this. The reason there are unfilled positions is because there are too many handouts. If the gravy train ends, all those jobs get filled.

It isnt an issue with lack of people. Its an issue with a lack of motivated people.

Ignoring the fact that most of the shootings are done by mentally ill lefties, have more kids been killed by assault rifles in the past year, or Biden’s illegal aliens?
Doesn't matter. Evil Black Rifles have the "shoulder thing that goes up."

Reactions: blubo
Doesn't matter. Evil Black Rifles have the "shoulder thing that goes up."

I’m sure illegal aliens and the southern border aren’t going to be a topic asked about by the moderators, but Trump should take every opportunity he can to blame Biden for all the harm and deaths his administration is causing.

How do you sleep at night, blood on your hands, you don’t even care enough to learn how to pronounce their names, when convenient you pretend your sons death impacted you but you’re causing deaths of other peoples children across the country, etc. etc. Just really rile that old incompetent bastard up.

Sam, I see your point. However, I’m concerned about young children being influenced by the constant gay exposure as if this is normal.
I agree 100 percent. The gay agenda is over the top at times in society. You might even say "flamboyant" 😂.
I really don't think schools are the place to make statements on sexuality other than in a sex ed class. Telling the kids all are welcome in your room should be the standard.
Unfortunately, the American flag should be the standard for acceptance of all but isn't for some because of historical government discrimination and current right wing social media posts now claiming that flying an American flag means you're a Trump supporter... and that Democrats hate our flag? By perpetuating that notion, they are making it appear true even if it's not.
That's the flag that SHOULD be in schools and representing all of us.
But when that same flag is being claimed by the same people who are passing government based laws telling people of other religions that they don't matter and that they will be forced to observe Christian Bible Commandments in schools, it loses that power of representation.
That's why people reach for other flags like the Pride flag to represent themselves sadly.

Last edited:
Yet taxpayer money is being used to fund these pride events. So yeah, It may not infringe on my first amendment rights, but it sure as hell is not the representation I would like my tax dollars to have. It is my understanding this Louisiana deal is entirely funded by private donations.
Funding has zero to do with why this is Unconstitutional.
You elect reps to decide what is funded and what isn't. There is nothing in the Constitution that rejects funding for Pride parades, education or trainings. Might be a waste of tax dollars but it's not unconstitutional.
There is, however, something called the First Amendment that states the government can't force or mandate a religion on the people. These 10 Commandments are doing that exactly.
If this was a Sharia Law poster you all would be losing your sh**.
Hypocrites

Reactions: Dionysus444
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT