POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think Republicans like him because he has an "R" next to his name. He's certainly not conservative on a lot of things. In reference to your last post that it was the death of the Republicans but now Democrats, I think that's true to a degree. I also believe Trump will drastically change the Republican Party as well.
Some rebubs but, many like myself are tired of the GOP's weakness and inability to do what people wanted them to do. The lack of real concern for the country and more for their personal interest (moreover special interest) has pushed many away. Never have been a Trump fan but, I do like his straight forward say what is on his mind at the time approach. PC be damned. Just because a person does not like what was said does not mean it is meant hateful, with mean intent, or disrespectful. The PC movement is now being used to label anything that is in opposition to what the left thinks and the GOP is too scared to fight it.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
MSM trying to spread fear. Just saw a clip where major, liberal news stations and papers pounded the same exact buzz words yesterday. "Chaos and Confusion!" Clip showed several stations and headlines repeating it over and over. It's almost as if they all got together and plotted it.

Btw, not sure if it has been mentioned already, but I remember Obama banning refugees from Iraq in 2011. Where was all of the outrage then?

you and screwduke are complete hate mongering bigots. I'm sure you're cheering the mosque that 'caught fire' in Texas. If only there were some 'towelhead' children in there right? You're as ignorant and un-American as your president. I sincerely believe this not only backfires, but results in loss of business and jobs for American companies. Probably also created a bunch of new recruits for ISIS...great job.

And it is of course, not any sort of a shock that no country with Trump business ties were tagged. Not shocking at all. Seriously, many of you folks are blind.

If you actually researched the accounts of these refugees and the straight up interrogations they are subjected to to get in this country, the years they are investigated, you'd know Trump can do little more than what the US has already been doing. But you guys don't want facts, or data, you're as scared of your shadows as Trump is. And believe any conspiracy theory out there.
Continue to think this way, I love it! It is why you guys lost. Out of touch and not as smart as you guys profess to be. In fact, borderline dumb. Hopefully for your sake, just plain ignorant to what is really happening. You are welcome.

Reactions: 3rex and IdaCat
^^^ That's all well and good but we are talking about a significant portion of our population who are seeing red to the point that I'm afraid they might do something really stupid if they don't get their way. The lunatics have already made it clear there will be no reasoning with them. They feel completely justified in their rebellion and their hatred is off the charts. I hope it's not as bad as it seems but I don't know. It concerns me.
Let them rise up, they will only make fools of themselves. If they go far enough, we could get them off of the streets in prisons or graves. Either way, we would have less liberal morons out there.

Reactions: mdlUK.1
^^^ That's all well and good but we are talking about a significant portion of our population who are seeing red to the point that I'm afraid they might do something really stupid if they don't get their way. The lunatics have already made it clear there will be no reasoning with them. They feel completely justified in their rebellion and their hatred is off the charts. I hope it's not as bad as it seems but I don't know. It concerns me.
Speaking only for myself, from my experience, out in public mingling with normal, everyday, level headed folks everything is fine.

Some have their reservations and criticisms, but, imo, it seems much worse than it is because the internet amplifies it and gives a voice to the radicals.

Reactions: Anthony B
Why is it Krazy? You say you know why, I want to know your thoughts.

The ban is necessary for a few logical reasons.

1- we are terrible at figuring out who is coming in our country. This is the root of the problem.
2- as we take back our business in America the hate will increase as our image gets back to the America on top of the world vs the last 24 years where the goal was America sharing with the world.
3- the only fix is to vet these people in their country and I doubt we set up an intelligence office in these countries.

Last edited:
MSM trying to spread fear. Just saw a clip where major, liberal news stations and papers pounded the same exact buzz words yesterday. "Chaos and Confusion!" Clip showed several stations and headlines repeating it over and over. It's almost as if they all got together and plotted it.

Btw, not sure if it has been mentioned already, but I remember Obama banning refugees from Iraq in 2011. Where was all of the outrage then?

Yep. Not a peep. No media outrage. No hashtags. No aclu. Nothing.

Also, very telling the media keeps reporting the aclu won and an injunction is granted stopping the policy.

It was only a partial injunction that covered only those who had immigration privileges here before. So a tiny portion. A tiny win and an otherwise huge loss for the aclu. But can't tell it by the msm

Yep. Not a peep. No media outrage. No hashtags. No aclu. Nothing.

Also, very telling the media keeps reporting the aclu won and an injunction is granted stopping the policy.

It was only a partial injunction that covered only those who had immigration privileges here before. So a tiny portion. A tiny win and an otherwise huge loss for the aclu. But can't tell it by the msm

Ok then, so!?!

Let the media report it and calm these lunatics down yet and still having the policy mostly in place.

Who cares about winning/losing?

Reactions: warrior-cat
Ok then, so!?!

Let the media report it and calm these lunatics down yet and still having the policy mostly in place.

Who cares about winning/losing?

1) the media should be honest and truthful at all times.

2) it isn't calming down any lunatics. It's actually doing the opposite, just as intended.

Reactions: screwduke1
I'm trying to find an article about President Obama's ban on Iraqi immigration but I'm not having much luck. There's articles from websites that don't look very reputable. Nothing from NYT, WaPo or anything like that. It just shows what the MSM is doing to people. I'd really love to read up on Obama's ban to really understand that decision as well.

Last edited:
Don't think that's what happened exactly. As I read, those that arrived on US soil by plane after ban was announced but had left on their flight before the ban are allowed to stay until they have a hearing or maybe even for the length of their visa. But everyone else still banned. Net, minor detail imo.

C3VT6lWUcAE4z26.jpg

I didn't see anything there talking about the ban of immigration. I'm not saying it didn't happen. I believe that it did. I would just like to read up on it.

Not sure who said immigration, but it was refugees who were banned.

1) the media should be honest and truthful at all times.

We are past this right? You don't truly believe this anymore do you? Just like with the weather these clowns get to fall back on "well at the time that's the information we had" and it's been going on since the news started.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
It's 7 countries and at least 50 countries are said to be Muslim majority. It's not a Muslim ban.

Boston bomber - traveled overseas, came back and boom

San Berardino - traveled overseas, come back and bang.

Orlando - traveled overseas, come back and bang.

Wish Sauid Arabia was on the list. But Obama picked countries basically w/out central govs, I get it. I think the return vetting for US citiZens that travel to these types should be extensive.

And lastly, see many praising Canada for welcoming refugees - they don't even welcome people with disabilities or pre-existing medical conditions(if they can't be hidden) bc it would be too much of a financial burden for their wonderful healthcare system.

C3VT6lWUcAE4z26.jpg

Not sure who said immigration, but it was refugees who were banned.

That order is a 90% win for trump. Laughable msm continue to misreport the tone/content of that order.

We are past this right? You don't truly believe this anymore do you? Just like with the weather these clowns get to fall back on "well at the time that's the information we had" and it's been going on since the news started.

Read what I wrote. Obviously I don't think the news actually tells the truth. I just said they SHOULD.

And yes I do believe the news should be truthful.

Reactions: moe_schmoe
Read it and weap.

DHS Announces Further Travel Restrictions for the Visa Waiver Program

Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Syria, Libya, Somalia, and Yemen

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2016/02/18/dhs-announces-further-travel-restrictions-visa-waiver-program

The EXACT same 7 countries that Obama announced travel restrictions for just a year ago. You and your lib buddies got put in a trap by Trump once again.

Go ahead and denounce it.

And stop lying, its not a muslim ban.

I dropped that link into a butthurt liberal's Facebook quote crying about Trump's immigration plan. They still haven't figured out it was Obama--but keep denouncing Trump. At some point, I'll go back and point out the absurdity.

I dropped that link into a butthurt liberal's Facebook quote crying about Trump's immigration plan. They still haven't figured out it was Obama--but keep denouncing Trump. At some point, I'll go back and point out the absurdity.
Can you copy the replies so we can see? I'm thinking of doing that myself but I'm worn out with Facebook politics at this point. The energy from my white privilege isn't keeping me going anymore.

Reactions: Anthony B
JB.....they aren't commenting on it specifically, just let it roll into all the other comments as if it was Trump's action. They simply don't realize they are being played by the media to stir up angst.

[laughing] The ME taxi drivers in NY also protested yesterday by striking and not taking passengers leaving JFK. Uber seized on the opportunity, turned off its surge pricing at JFK, and had their drivers come in and pick everyone up.

Now all of the easily offended are boycotting Uber, complaining that by giving people a ride home from the airport, the Uber company is xenophobic, Muslim hating racists.

Democrats have alienated their true base. They made the horrible miscalculation that due to demographics all they had to do was drive up African American turnout like Obama did and that would make them invincible in 2016 and forever going forward.

Unfortunately in pandering to African Americans they horrified their Blue Collar midwestern base. They don't "march" in the midwest. They don't hate the police in the midwest. They don't "protest" as a way of life in the midwest.

So now the Democratic party is eviscerated and to add insult to injury Trump is successfully siphoning off the trade unions, which should be totally impossible for a Republican to do and would be if Trump were actually a Republican, which he is not.

It is a long road ahead for Democrats. Only thing I can tell them is that anyone that mentions "marching" or "protesting" something is a moron. Got to get the focus back on the pocketbook and get the hell away from race at all costs. Got to paint the Republicans as greedy rich bastards out stacking the deck for their rich buddies. Got to get all the black race baiters off television at all costs. Got to get the hell away from BLM at all costs. CNN has just killed the Democratic base with their parade of whining black commentators that see every issue through the lens of slighted racial injustice.

The ONLY way back is the pocketbook. The Bernie Sanders blueprint. But Trump has such a lead due the blindingly stupid missteps of the Clinton campaign that it may be too late for a generation.

As I said a year ago, if Trump successfully brings jobs back to the Midwest then the Democrats could lose it for a generation and in a single decisive swoop the Republicans go from a party at the brink of national irrelevance into one with its foot on the throat of a dying Democratic Party. A complete flip of fates made possible by a foolish arrogant leadership that forgot essentially what it stood for or more importantly, who it stood for.

The loss of white blue collar voters is essentially the end of the Democratic Party and the beginning of pure straight race based politics of the type that has destroyed every country around the world that has descended into it. As I repeatedly warned, you cannot run a campaign nor a country by dividing folks along racial lines and that is exactly fatally where we find ourselves now.

[laughing] The ME taxi drivers in NY also protested yesterday by striking and not taking passengers leaving JFK. Uber seized on the opportunity, turned off its surge pricing at JFK, and had their drivers come in and pick everyone up.

Now all of the easily offended are boycotting Uber, complaining that by giving people a ride home from the airport, the Uber company is xenophobic, Muslim hating racists.
Capitalism, bitches. Don't **** with it.

The genius of Trump whether by accident or design is that he is forcing the Democrats to entrench in the very areas that costs them the election. He is forcing them to fight issues repeatedly in terms of race and religion instead of in terms of economics and the widening gap in the distribution of wealth.

Reactions: Rex Kwon Do
Speaking only for myself, from my experience, out in public mingling with normal, everyday, level headed folks everything is fine.

Some have their reservations and criticisms, but, imo, it seems much worse than it is because the internet amplifies it and gives a voice to the radicals.
Yes, I know that in areas like rural Kentucky we are shielded from the majority of the crazies. They are in the minority here, but in the liberal big cities I think they are likely the majority in many cases. Get enough of them together and there could be problems.

Last week, Texas State Representative Kyle Biedermann (R) hosted a forum at the Capitol titled Defending Against Radical Islamic Terrorism in Texas. The forum included input from a former Muslim, a Muslim reformist, a self-proclaimed security expert and the Mayor of Irving, Texas. Naturally, a counter-forum on the other side of the Capitol was simultaneously held.

At any rate, here's where it gets good. During the forum, a Spectrum News (Time-Warner) reporter asked former TX State Representative Molly White (R) if Rep. Biedermann might also hold forums on radical Christianity and radical Judaism.

Molly's reaction to the reporter's question: "How dare you, you low-life son of a bitch."

[laughing]

Priceless. A clip of Molly's reaction is available here. You go, girl.

Last edited:
Got to get the focus back on the pocketbook and get the hell away from race at all costs. Got to paint the Republicans as greedy rich bastards out stacking the deck for their rich buddies

Going to be hard to do since 4 or 5 of the richest men in the world are liberal American democrats.

Got to paint the Republicans as greedy rich bastards out stacking the deck for their rich buddies.
Well that's all fine and good, but your party is horrific at the above and it's not changing any time soon. Maybe your purging of the Clintons will help but you watch the wealth Obama is about to bequeath upon himself.....going to be mind blowing.

As far as the rest of you post it's true, but again your party is doubling tf down. Tripling down even. They're going to be bitching and dividing for the forseeable decade and going to get their asses demolished. Keith Ellison and C-Books are going to be standard bearers lols, not Bernie. That clean cut former college QB rep from Ohio running for DNC? Ohhh yeah, eff that reasonable guy. Not divisive enough.

May as well come to grips with the loss of the rust belt, it's gone and not returning for at least a generation if not more. Hillary F. Clinton, shake my head....

Reactions: Supreme Lord Z

Not sure I'd point out how a company, which the Saudi Sovereign wealth fund owns a relatively sizeable portion of, seized upon the opportunity of outrage over a ban of travelers and refugees from terrorist supporters and hot beds, which strangely excluded Saudi Arabia, to generate revenue for its investors.

Still struggle trying to figure this out.....
It's the economy, stupid.

When the campaign and the issues are about the growing economic disparity of wealth in this country and the obscene tax codes and perks that cater to an elite privileged few at the expense of hard working middle class workers then Democrats win in a landslide because they are speaking truth.

So Republican must find something to distract voters away from the hard reality of the economic rape that has been going on since 1982... so they traditionally use social issues like abortion, flag burning, and that sort of thing to inflame voters into voting against their own interests, but that crap only worked in the mentally challenged Southern bible belt. Midwestern voters did not buy into that nonsense and saw through the manipulation. That is (was) the foundation of our strength in the Midwest and why Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania were our firewall.

But then comes Trump. A man who is not now nor ever was a conservative Republican and thus was completely capable of throwing most of the traditional conservative values like free trade over the side in favor of a populist message aimed squarely at pissed off white blue collar voters who daily go into a workplace where the slightest misstatement of race or any job announcement that does not pander appropriately to race was sledgehammering them into silent submission. So the anger was not just about the loss of jobs, it was also simmering on the issue of race already.

So did Trump luck into his message or has it been by design from the beginning? Either way the Democrats are impotent against it now as the damage has been done. Until they totally abandon race and just start killing the Republicans on economics then they are hopeless. And with the ground Trump has already staked out he only leaves them with the very thing that killed them to fight him on... race, marching, protesting... all TERRIBLE optics for Midwestern voters who are sick and tired of that shit and have been for years now as they have to deal with it daily in the workplace.

You really think Democrats can make a credible jobs argument in the Midwest now? If this was purposeful, then Trump's campaign staff truly are the only politicians since ever that possessed anything approaching my level of greatness.

The Crux of the Matter: My Islam Problem and Yours

BY ROGER L SIMON JANUARY 28, 2017

"what do we do about Islam?

You will note I say Islam and not some other euphemistic expression like radical Islam or Islamism or Islamofascism. Islam.
.....Well, it is so if you think so, but I will note again that at least one interested party -- the current president of Egypt, Abdel Fattah el-Sisi -- has declared bluntly that his religion is in dire need of a reformation. Chances are he knows more about Islam than you. He certainly does than me. Also, he lives in a hellacious region of the world dominated by that religion and its violent ideology.....

How dangerous is that ideology? Ask yourself this: Why is it that since 9/11/2001 there he have been 30,209 terror attacks in the name of Allah? There have been 38 in the last six days alone, resulting in 425 killed and 419 injured. There were also nine suicide bombings during that time frame.

So I repeat, why is that? .....How about an ideology that urges you to do these things, just as it always has since the seventh century? Could that be the reason -- just possibly?

If so, do you have some idea of what to do about that ideology or do you prefer to blame Donald Trump because he is trying to do something about it, at least trying to makes sure his own citizens are protected?

No, ladies and gentleman, pretend though it's otherwise, we do have an Islam problem, all of us. Europe as we knew it growing up is practically gone and our society has been badly infected. When a massive march of American women is led by a Muslim woman who insists she wants to "take the vagina away" of one of the great freedom fighters of our time, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, a woman who herself has suffered from genital mutilation, we know things have come to a drastic pass.

But go on, blame Donald Trump. It's all his fault. Islam doesn't need a reformation. It's just the same as all other religions... as long as you don't study it. Or get in its path.

https://pjmedia.com/rogerlsimon/2017/01/28/my-islam-problem-and-yours/

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT