• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When can we expect a white Aunt Jemima?

eek.gif

It should be retitled the Unemployment Benefits Rate because it just shows the rate of people currently drawing unemployment.
I bet if the unemployment rate was done the way before Obama changed it, its probably somewhere in the 18-25% range.

Why would anyone use the labor participation rate when it includes retirees under 65 in the denominator? Baby boomers are retiring in droves in cheaper areas of the US.

Economists predict the participation rate will continue to decline over the next two decades due to our aging population and demographic mix.

Anyone pinning the drop of labor participation rate on any single administration (when it started around 2000) is a naive sap who believes anything their echo chamber regurgitates.

Reactions: Supreme Lord Z
What will the unemployment rate narrative be now? Will it not be reported or will they finally hammer the labor participation rate?
Why would anyone use the labor participation rate when it includes retirees under 65 in the denominator? Baby boomers are retiring in droves in cheaper areas of the US.

Economists predict the participation rate will continue to decline over the next two decades due to our aging population and demographic mix.

Anyone pinning the drop of labor participation rate on any single administration (when it started around 2000) is a naive sap who believes anything their echo chamber regurgitates.

So it's the retiring baby boomers expanding the food stamp rolls.

Christ, you've got your Quaker oats, your little Irish Leprechaun Lucky Charms, your pasty looking Cap Crunch, big ole white rabbit on every box of Trix . . . what more do you people want? An entire fast food chain symbolized in the image of old-money Kentucky?
Yeah, but now that Mr. Clean is black the products are going to clean much better. Just thought a white woman might make Aunt Jemima taste better.

Reactions: KopiKat

Ha! You must be a fan of the Washington Post. See link here. This should better explain.

Reactions: moe_schmoe
While the Obama administration is prone to citing the 10 million jobs added to the economy over the past eight years, 95 percent of those are temporary, contractual jobs or part-time emplo
Exactly. Mostly all part-time, low-wage jobs. Not only is the labor participation the lowest it has been in 40 years, but among those in the workforce almost half are underemployed.

Reactions: TopCatCal
Ideally, you'd be right....but I know of illegals that receive government assistance. I know from experience their children attend schools and receive services including meals, clothing and healthcare in some situations, along with intense (expensive) educational services as they meet requirements for special ed services.
The real problem is they get here in the first place. If immigrants can immediately contribute (work) to (be self-sufficient), abide by laws and will agree to assimilate into our culture, I'm for taking all comers.
Again...you fail to do any critical thinking...
No illegal is here living off of government assistance alone. They are here to work. Some have children, many/most that are US citizens that attend schools. Those people have to live somewhere. Nowhere are they going to live for free.
If mom and dad can't provide a place to live then their children aren't going to be attending school.

Are there ANY illegals here primarily living off of assistance??? I'm sure out of the 12 million illegals there is a small number that are here just to game the system but the truth is 98% are here to work and most of those will work circles around you or me and do so for a small fraction of what we'd take to do the job.
But who is profiting from their labor? It is illegal to hire someone who is not here legally.

I have no problem with denying any government benefits from illegals. Most of those benefits are state benefits and every state has the ability to shut that down. That said, it's a myth to pretend that they don't pay taxes. To begin with, most if they were legal residents and filed 1040 tax returns would pay zero federal income tax...hell, many would qualify for earned income credits! But they pay sales and other local taxes just like everyone else.

But tell me...wouldn't it make more sense to go after a roofing contractor that is hiring 15-20 or more illegals to work for reduced wages than try to chase and catch 15-20 illegals? So you catch them, send them back...you don't think that contractor won't turn around and hire 15-20 more? But what happens when you arrest the contractor? Those 15-20 are out of a job and you've put other contractors on notice that they will be prosecuted for their hiring practices.

Shouldn't the object should be how to solve the problem in the most efficient manor possible?

Wall or no wall, as long as they are able to obtain employment here the border will be a revolving door. 10s of thousands of people cross the border every day, that isn't going to stop. It's no different than any tourist who goes to another country. Nobody is going to follow you around and make sure you return. You or I could go to any Mexican border crossing, cross over and keep on driving. Same with them coming here.

The number of employers of illegals is a much, much smaller number than the number of illegals...and they are much easier to find.
You rid your home of cockroaches by removing what they want (their food). You can rid the country of illegal workers by getting rid of the employers that hire them.

How dumb do you have to be to believe the Unemployment rate is 4.9%?

It's not hard, honestly.. just go about your day, it will come up on SNL or social media or a supposedly "fair" news network... It's not difficult to find liberal-skewed facts and figures. On the other hand, you have to actively seek republican-skewed news. It's a cable network, that liberals have already demonized. No one is going to Fox News who doesn't want to go there.

How many people shared that "Thanks Obama" meme that talked about all of his accomplishments, one of being that BS unemployment rate? I've seen about 30 people post something similar over the last year.

Liberal media is essentially a virus..

How dumb do you have to be to believe the Unemployment rate is 4.9%?
Who do you know that is looking for work?
I see more help wanted signs today than probably at any point in my near 60 years.
The Unemployment rate is based upon people actually looking for work. If you want work and not working, chances are you're a complete idiot or just plain lazy.

Might add...my employer has nearly 500 positions open and offers employees $1000-$5000 bonuses for finding people to work depending upon the position. If there are so many looking, why do companies have to resort to these practices?

Last edited:
Reactions: Moopyj
If you want work and not working, chances are you're a complete idiot or just plain lazy.
Or some are actually looking for good paying careers like the ones they lost during the recession, and refuse to settle for the under paying, part time, dead end jobs that Obama's economy created. Again, among those in the workforce almost half are underemployed.

I'm genuinely curious, do you keep an excel/word/notepad document of all your user names? And does a mod actually keep an eye on this thread and ban you, or does someone narc every time?

Reactions: Supreme Lord Z
Or some are actually looking for good paying careers like the ones they lost during the recession, and refuse to settle for the under paying, part time, dead end jobs that Obama's economy created. Again, among those in the workforce almost half are underemployed.
Those would fall under the "just plain lazy" category.

Again...you fail to do any critical thinking...
No illegal is here living off of government assistance alone. They are here to work. Some have children, many/most that are US citizens that attend schools. Those people have to live somewhere. Nowhere are they going to live for free.
If mom and dad can't provide a place to live then their children aren't going to be attending school.

Are there ANY illegals here primarily living off of assistance??? I'm sure out of the 12 million illegals there is a small number that are here just to game the system but the truth is 98% are here to work and most of those will work circles around you or me and do so for a small fraction of what we'd take to do the job.
But who is profiting from their labor? It is illegal to hire someone who is not here legally.

I have no problem with denying any government benefits from illegals. Most of those benefits are state benefits and every state has the ability to shut that down. That said, it's a myth to pretend that they don't pay taxes. To begin with, most if they were legal residents and filed 1040 tax returns would pay zero federal income tax...hell, many would qualify for earned income credits! But they pay sales and other local taxes just like everyone else.

But tell me...wouldn't it make more sense to go after a roofing contractor that is hiring 15-20 or more illegals to work for reduced wages than try to chase and catch 15-20 illegals? So you catch them, send them back...you don't think that contractor won't turn around and hire 15-20 more? But what happens when you arrest the contractor? Those 15-20 are out of a job and you've put other contractors on notice that they will be prosecuted for their hiring practices.

Shouldn't the object should be how to solve the problem in the most efficient manor possible?

Wall or no wall, as long as they are able to obtain employment here the border will be a revolving door. 10s of thousands of people cross the border every day, that isn't going to stop. It's no different than any tourist who goes to another country. Nobody is going to follow you around and make sure you return. You or I could go to any Mexican border crossing, cross over and keep on driving. Same with them coming here.

The number of employers of illegals is a much, much smaller number than the number of illegals...and they are much easier to find.
You rid your home of cockroaches by removing what they want (their food). You can rid the country of illegal workers by getting rid of the employers that hire them.
Good points and I like your thinking on this. I would approach it from both sides. 1. Absolutely penalize any employer that is caught hiring illegals. 2. Build a strong border. This will also keep people from crossing illegally and put a serious hurting on the drug trafficking. As far as the thousands that cross the border every day, that will change over time as a strong wall and a different approach to trade will reduce the number of plants at the border. Also, have you been across the border to Canada? They ask serious questions and do NOT play around.

How incompetent is the WH press secretary that he tweets his twitter password to the public. [roll]

This administration will be the cause of so many laughs...

hoftas1wy9ww4hxdxndq.jpg
[laughing] Embarrassing for sure.

Come let us know when he sets up an unsecure server, and sends classified information that multiple hostile actors hack.

Or, when he falls for a phising email and gives "the Russians" the password to all of his dirty emails.

Repubs aren't above calling out their own or laughing at them. The lot of us aren't gobbling up Trump. We voted him because we knew the US couldn't handle another 4-8 year of liberal BS... but we aren't automatically happy with Trump. We got him in, but we recognize that he has a lot of work to do. We hold our own accountable. We would never go off on a guy's crude comments from 15 years ago, while our own party can't stop cheating on their wives and doing crude sex acts.. that's for sure.

And in all of this, after a failed presidency to get anything done, Liberals still can't come up for air off of Obama's lap. Bill still continues to be a total womanizing hound dog.. and no one on the left cares.

Is there anything that a political member of your party would do that would make you denounce them? Like, over/under on Obama rape victims before people turn on him? I honestly have to put the number at 6, maybe 7.

Reactions: WettCat
Or forget rape, lets make this a real scenario.. how many orchestrated bombings that kill, and kill innocent lives, before a tree-hugging, anti-war, pro-muslim liberal says "wait a second.."?

That's true since '13, but over 11 million more Americans are on food stamps since he became president. Skyrocketed. Can't chalk that many up to the recession.

Actually, you can chalk it up to the Great Recession and population growth.

We lost ~ 9 million jobs due to the economic downturn of 2008. And you have to factor in the increase of underemployment due to systematic retraction. Our population also grew by 20 million during that same time. Thanks Obama AMARITE?!?1

Last edited:
How incompetent is the WH press secretary that he tweets his twitter password to the public. [roll]

This administration will be the cause of so many laughs...

hoftas1wy9ww4hxdxndq.jpg

do you really want to go there on security issues re: computers?

Um, yes. He tweeted his ****ing password. He's a moron.

But go ahead, fire back some attacks on Hillary or the DNC or whatever makes you feel better.
Um, tweet content is undetermined.

You are dismissed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT