POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Actually, you can chalk it up to the Great Recession and population growth.

We lost ~ 9 million jobs due to the economic downturn of 2008. Our population also grew by 20 million during that same time. Thanks Obama AMARITE?!?1
Yeah, but the problem was Obama made it way too easy. Anyone and their brother could be accepted to the Snap program as recent as '16. Young, able bodied males in their prime, sitting around on their ass not even caring about a job could easily get food stamps.

The program was being used and abused, flooded with folks who shouldn't have been accepted. They just changed it in '16 to where you have to be at least working part time or participate is the Snap jobs program that helps you find a job and get off of food stamps.

If you honestly think only those who lost a job during the recession were responsible for the Obama Administration handing out record numbers of entitlements, then I'm not sure what to tell you.

Repubs aren't above calling out their own or laughing at them.

Is there anything that a political member of your party would do that would make you denounce them?.

Nope, there isn't. Why? Because personal responsibility and self awareness are foreign concepts to the left. It's always someone else fault. They're not responsible for any of their actions and they're not capable of ever admitting they effed up. They do it in their own personal lives and with politicians.

Didn't get an education or got a degree in something useless and now you're poor with a lot of debt?- Someone should have to fund your mistakes. They owe it to you.

Decided to be a criminal instead of working hard?- It's okay. Poverty made you resort to crime and if you're black, white flight and white privileged caused it.

Didn't use protection or the pill and had unprotected sex and now you're pregnant?- Whatevers. Someone should have to pay for your to murder the result of your actions so you don't take personal responsibility.

Run a corrupt politician who did not achieve a single thing in a 30 year political career and is funded by Saudis, Soros, Wall Street and Big Pharma while also having your media and DNC' corruption/collusion exposed? - It's not your fault. The election must have been influenced by Russia or racism or fake news. You never lost. You got cheated. The problem is with the electoral college; not your party.

Is there anything that a political member of your party would do that would make you denounce them? Like, over/under on Obama rape victims before people turn on him? I honestly have to put the number at 6, maybe 7.

Pulling a Joe Lieberman is probably the answer to your question. Joe voted the liberal line on 90% of all issues and was even the dem nominee for Vice President. However, he was hawkish on national security and that got him thrown under the bus. The dems even ran a primary challenger against him and beat Joe. But old Joe got the last laugh when he then ran as an Independent, won re-election and openly supported his friend McCain for President. All of the above are probably unforgivable sins for diehard dems (just a guess).

6a00d83451c23269e20120a78bb951970b-800wi

It's incredible that the left thinks they're the good guys or are so oblivious with them calling someone else puppets. Trump isn't owned by anyone and is actually helping the country and the people instead of stuffing his pockets and doing what his donors tell him to do.

Hillary had Soros, Wall Street, Big Pharma and Saudis telling her what to do in exchange for money. That's right. The left, total morons, who did occupy Wall Street a few years ago and run on being concerned with LGBT and women's rights, rallied around and supported a woman who was owned by Wall Street and funded by the world's worst human rights violators.

Yeah, but the problem was Obama made it way too easy. Anyone and their brother could be accepted to the Snap program as recent as '16. Young, able bodied males in their prime, sitting around on their ass not even caring about a job could easily get food stamps.

The program was being used and abused, flooded with folks who shouldn't have been accepted. They just changed it in '16 to where you have to be at least working part time or participate is the Snap jobs program that helps you find a job and get off of food stamps.

If you honestly think only those who lost a job during the recession were responsible for the Obama Administration handing out record numbers of entitlements then I'm not sure what to tell you.

The suspension of previous SNAP requirements to help during the recession, and their reintroduction, are carried out at the state level.

The only changes implemented from the WH was a 3 month reprieve, and an increase in benefits offered for previous participants, implemented at the very beginning of the ARRA.

Also, there was an increase in eligible applicants at the end of the GWB administration due to increased efficiencies in the administrative process for SNAP. This was implemented to push eligible applications to use the system.

@DSmith21 you all should read "The Shadow Party" because it goes over how Soros and radicals hijacked the party and pushed out all of the moderates.

On a similar note, how crazy is it that the media and universities have so much control in shaping people's views. They have created an entire generation of nut jobs based off of what they decided to put on television and what they taught on campus. No way could you have imagined 20-30 years ago that people would adopt such insane views

The suspension of previous SNAP requirements to help during the recession, and their reintroduction, are carried out at the state level.

The only changes implemented from the WH was a 3 month reprieve, and an increase in benefits offered for previous participants, implemented at the very beginning of the ARRA.

Also, there was an increase in eligible applicants at the end of the GWB administration due to increased efficiencies in the administrative process for SNAP. This was implemented to push eligible applications to use the system.
I'm just telling you from someone with knowledge of the situation. I know someone who works for the DCF in Florida. All you had to do was say you were homeless with zero income and you were automatically accepted.

$100 a week, no proof provided, questions asked. Perfectly able-bodied people with no children, who never had a job to even lose it were collecting food stamps for years.

I'm just telling you from someone with knowledge of the situation. I know someone who works for the DCF in Florida. All you had to do was say you were homeless with zero income and you were automatically accepted.

$100 a week, no proof provided, questions asked. Perfectly able-bodied people with no children, who never had a job to even lose it were collecting food stamps for years.

That's on Florida, not fed government.

And I'm having trouble believing your anecdotal evidence.

So is the current answer on employment numbers "we don't know"

I mean, what metric are we going to use as a baseline for you guys for January 2017?

Trump took office and unemployment was ______%. Since taking office it is now ____%,

Trump took office and the labor participation rate was _____. 1 year later it is now ____.

Seems like a reasonable thing to come up with.

That's on Florida, not fed government.

And I'm having trouble believing your anecdotal evidence.
You can not believe it all you want. I have no reason to lie about slackers collecting a meal ticket. None of it changes my original point. Under Obama food stamps recipients rose by 11 million people, and I know for a fact that it wasn't all due to the recession.

I mean, what metric are we going to use as a baseline for you guys for January 2017?

Trump took office and unemployment was ______%. Since taking office it is now ____%,

Trump took office and the labor participation rate was _____. 1 year later it is now ____.

There's no fail safe way to measure how many people are actually unemployed involuntarily.

Somehow, we can't measure it. Unemployment has been so politicized and modified, it's definitely out. Labor participation isn't perfect, but it's the best we have

Good question. Not sure how/if they'll try to tally up those who weren't counted by the Obama administration or just start with his figure.

Although, we both know what they're probably going to do. They'll more than likely start with Obama's number and not add previous uncounted to their numbers, making them look worse.

Lol, you know its bad when even Snopes is like "hold on just a minute." It was probably a pocket dial, as there was more than one tweet. Probably forgot to close his twitter app and put it in his pocket.

It doesn't matter. If it can be construed as negative, they believe it. See, this is how it works.

Anything critical of a Democrat or proof of their corruption is NOT TRUE!
Everything bad about Republicans is true and anything good about Republicans, well, they don't hear it anyways.

Last edited:
Reactions: screwduke1
Are you serious? Have you never used a random password generator before? They look exactly like that.

Lmao. He "pocket dialed" a tweet? Dude, you're giving publicenemy and warrior-cat a run for their money for dumbest ass dudes on this thread.

I'm so much smarter than you, idiot. You're a pathetic soul who has created 30 emails and user names to come on here and embarrass yourself.

You thinking it's a password is so typical. That looks exactly like a pocket tweet or when your toddler gets your phone. Explain to us how he could have tweeted out his password? Have you even used twitter?

You have to already be logged in, be on the screen to tweet. Why would he think he was logging in? Explain to us how you actually think that he posted his password? Tell us step by step.

Reactions: screwduke1
ACLU released a statement saying "extreme vetting" is only a euphinism for discrimination against Muslims.

Just like CAIR they're failing to make a distinction between moderate Muslims and Islamic terrorists. They are the ones conflating the two, not Trump.

Ohio State was not long ago attacked by a muslim terrorist, but they have classes on them damn racist white folk?

Reactions: ymmot31
Why would anyone use the labor participation rate when it includes retirees under 65 in the denominator? Baby boomers are retiring in droves in cheaper areas of the US.

Economists predict the participation rate will continue to decline over the next two decades due to our aging population and demographic mix.

Anyone pinning the drop of labor participation rate on any single administration (when it started around 2000) is a naive sap who believes anything their echo chamber regurgitates.

There are various reasons as to the cause of the ongoing decline of the labor participation rate (lowest since 1977), but you are flat out wrong if you think the calculation includes retirees. The calculation used does not include retirees, students, or the disabled.

Ohio State was not long ago attacked by a muslim terrorist, but they have classes on them damn racist white folk?

There were people on campus who were upset that he was shot and said the police went too far.

I'm all for secession. I've stated it many times. I want to be away from the left completely. Let them eat each other. Put them all in California.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...Flyer-Shouts-Trump-is-Here-Now-411924555.html

Hell yeah, great story. Get those towel-heads the **** out of our country. Murica! That's what you call "extreme vetting".

Uh oh, you got one story. How about all of the whites attacked by blacks or Muslims? How many Christians have been murdered by Muslims?

You don't know those overwhelming numbers because your puppet media plays you and wants you to think Muslims are "victims" and anything negative about Muslims is simply just "racism."

I'm sure this story will get more play than the group of Muslims who facebook live streamed raping a white Swedish woman.

Reactions: Moopyj
Good points and I like your thinking on this. I would approach it from both sides. 1. Absolutely penalize any employer that is caught hiring illegals. 2. Build a strong border. This will also keep people from crossing illegally and put a serious hurting on the drug trafficking. As far as the thousands that cross the border every day, that will change over time as a strong wall and a different approach to trade will reduce the number of plants at the border. Also, have you been across the border to Canada? They ask serious questions and do NOT play around.
Yes, I have been to Canada. They ask serious questions on both borders and don't play around. There is essentially no difference between the two borders in that sense...
10s of thousands cross the border every day for legitimate reasons. Mexicans do take their families to Disney World. Mexicans do have family who hold legal US status and live here. Mexicans have work permits and legally work jobs in the US. US companies have factories in Mexico and have US citizens who live in border towns and go to work every day. Point being...99% of the traffic across the border both ways is legitimate. Good luck in sifting out the 1%.

Most drugs come across the border at official border crossings. That and through tunnels that go under the border.
Go to any populated area and there are already walls/fences. The places without walls are largely remote deserts and waste land. Lots of vehicles get pulled over and searched...but you can't search them all. You're not going to deny entry to Mexicans claiming that they are tourist or going to visit families anymore than they are going to deny you going to Cancun or Tijuana. They will be asked for passports ...which anyone can get in Mexico just as we can get them here...or for the equivalent of $50 you can get a fake one.

You can not believe it all you want. I have no reason to lie about slackers collecting a meal ticket. None of it changes my original point. Under Obama food stamps recipients rose by 11 million people, and I know for a fact that it wasn't all due to the recession.

I agree, it was also due to an increase in population of ~ 20M

There are various reasons as to the cause of the ongoing decline of the labor participation rate (lowest since 1977), but you are flat out wrong if you think the calculation includes retirees. The calculation used does not include retirees, students, or the disabled.

Yep, the denominator includes retirees and students if between the ages of 16 and 65. Look it up.

If you know something for a fact then you should have no problem producing those facts.
Whatcha got?

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...Flyer-Shouts-Trump-is-Here-Now-411924555.html

Hell yeah, great story. Get those towel-heads the **** out of our country. Murica! That's what you call "extreme vetting".
This trick no longer works. People no longer give a shit about the faux outrage from the eccentrics on the left. You all fail to make the distinction and purposely conflate to push a false narrative. Everyone sees it for exactly what it is.

Illegal immigrants =/= all immigrants

Islamic terrorists =/= all Muslims.

Here, this link will help to show you how flat out right I am that retirees and students between 16 and 64 (those eligible to participate) are factored in the denominator. Your welcome in advance!

The end of your sentence makes me question the beginning of your sentence.
Question away. Again, makes no difference to me. Are my feelings supposed to be hurt? Are you expecting me to offer a retraction?

Guarantee it's more truthful than 50% of illegal Mexicans come by plane.

Here, this link will help to show you how flat out right I am that retirees and students between 16 and 64 (those eligible to participate) are factored in the denominator. Your welcome in advance!

I may have missed it in the link, but it simply states if you are over 16, and working or looking for work.
I would assume retired would qualify as not working or looking for work.

I may have missed it in the link, but it simply states if you are over 16, and working or looking for work.
I would assume retired would qualify as not working or looking for work.

Yup, that's what's included in the numerator.

Retirees younger than 65 who are eligible to work are in the denominator. The great that number, the lower the participation rate. And since 50% of US retirees call it quits on or before 63, the denominator will be ballooning with our aging demographics.

Are you all saying you don't know how the labor participation rate works?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT