POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wonder about the possibilities of a Trump SC. Trump is an enigma in most things and his views on the SC are likewise. I believe he will appoint candidates that try to interpret the Const as it was written and the way the writers might have responded to issues as opposed to candidates that bend and sway with the times. I don't believe he will necessarily appoint conservatives, just very smart people. That said...if he is fortunate to get another candidate in addition to the one he will appoint in a couple of weeks, the make-up may be sufficient to thwart the political activist type thinking of the late 60's and early 70's that spawned RvW.
Personally, IMO, had the justices had access to the scientific info we have now, I believe their decision might have been to allow abortion, but with several stipulations.
That may be true. If I remember correctly, and probably dont, I think Rowe states viability is 26 weeks. I think its closer to 23 weeks now. However, while RvW is the lynch pin of abortion, Casey v Planned Parenthood reaffirmed the courts ruling. Granted, that was 25 years ago, but that is why its will be so difficult. Would likely need a constitutional amendment.

In some European Countries, (or at least the few I looked up) 12 weeks seems to be the limit. Im ok with that. Thought the Germany was interesting (from wiki)

The two laws had to be reconciled after reunification. A new law was passed by the Bundestag in 1992, permitting first-trimester abortions on demand, subject to counseling and a three-day waiting period, and permitting late-term abortions when the physical or psychological health of the woman is seriously threatened. The law was quickly challenged in court by a number of individuals — including Chancellor Helmut Kohl — and by the State of Bavaria. The Constitutional Court decided a year later to maintain its earlier decision that the constitution protected the fetus from the moment of conception, but stated that it is within the discretion of parliament not to punish abortion in the first trimester,[citation needed] provided that the woman had submitted to state-regulated counseling intended to discourage termination and protect unborn life. Parliament passed such a law in 1995.[12] Abortions are covered by public health insurance.[citation needed]

Its funny. Germany protects the fetus and gives it right, in America, its opposite. But I also think medical advances are making a lot of people rethink their stance on abortion.

I applaud Trump for wanting to move the Embassy to Jerusalem to bring 'peace' to the Middle East. However, if even 1 American dies because of this, I just know you guys will hold the same hate for him as you do for Hillary over Benghazi.
No, because moving to Jerusalem is the right thing to do. Just because the muslims threaten to revolt is not reason not to move. If one American gets killed, it's time to turn the heat up on those responsible. As for Benghazi...the reason for the attack (supposedly the video that riled the muslims) and the subsequent lack of response by the admin is what angers many of us.

No, because moving to Jerusalem is the right thing to do. Just because the muslims threaten to revolt is not reason not to move. If one American gets killed, it's time to turn the heat up on those responsible. As for Benghazi...the reason for the attack (supposedly the video that riled the muslims) and the subsequent lack of response by the admin is what angers many of us.

I've never understood why Muslims care so much about Jerusalem other than to stick a finger in the eyes of Jews. Jerusalem is a distance third in importance in Islam behind Mecca and Medina.

I've never understood why Muslims care so much about Jerusalem other than to stick a finger in the eyes of Jews. Jerusalem is a distance third in Islam behind Mecca and Medina in importance.
Maybe it's because it was one of the first, if not the initial, conquest vs Christians. It was the pope's response to muslims taking Jerusalem and persecuting Christians that prompted the first crusade.

That may be true. If I remember correctly, and probably dont, I think Rowe states viability is 26 weeks. I think its closer to 23 weeks now. However, while RvW is the lynch pin of abortion, Casey v Planned Parenthood reaffirmed the courts ruling. Granted, that was 25 years ago, but that is why its will be so difficult. Would likely need a constitutional amendment.

In some European Countries, (or at least the few I looked up) 12 weeks seems to be the limit. Im ok with that. Thought the Germany was interesting (from wiki)

The two laws had to be reconciled after reunification. A new law was passed by the Bundestag in 1992, permitting first-trimester abortions on demand, subject to counseling and a three-day waiting period, and permitting late-term abortions when the physical or psychological health of the woman is seriously threatened. The law was quickly challenged in court by a number of individuals — including Chancellor Helmut Kohl — and by the State of Bavaria. The Constitutional Court decided a year later to maintain its earlier decision that the constitution protected the fetus from the moment of conception, but stated that it is within the discretion of parliament not to punish abortion in the first trimester,[citation needed] provided that the woman had submitted to state-regulated counseling intended to discourage termination and protect unborn life. Parliament passed such a law in 1995.[12] Abortions are covered by public health insurance.[citation needed]

Its funny. Germany protects the fetus and gives it right, in America, its opposite. But I also think medical advances are making a lot of people rethink their stance on abortion.
Just curious LEK, why do you think it's funny that Germany protects the unborn and not the US?

If you guys haven't had a chance to watch Sean Spicer's press conferences (there have only been 2 lol), do yourself a favor and watch at one sometime.

It is absolutely hilarious to watch the difference between the liberal press and everyone else. The libs keep trying to get Spicer on "gotcha" topics (today, in the first 10 minutes, I think he had 3 or 4 questions on Trump's statement about voter fraud from last night).

Trump's signing EO's trying to get the economy moving, talking jobs with S&P 500 CEO's, etc... and all these libs care about is stuff that's irrelevant at this point.

This is Trumps plan though, and the only idiots dumb enough to fall for it is the liberals.

While they are going to hell and back to prove how bad Trump is on pointless shit he is rocking this president thing out like a BOSS.

You think these CEO's telling him where they are getting F'd by America and why it benefits them to outsource anything won't help fix the damn problem? You have to be a dense dumb dip$hit to not see how beneficial it is for the top guys at the top companies helping Trump right the ship.........just like he said he would do.

The narrative will only get laid on thicker and thicker as things get better. It won't be long before the media straight up says

" You don't really feel this good, your success is not because of Trump, America still hates you"

Watch this will be said at some point to us by the media.

This is Trumps plan though, and the only idiots dumb enough to fall for it is the liberals.

While they are going to hell and back to prove how bad Trump is on pointless shit he is rocking this president thing out like a BOSS
Yep. Too worried about social issues, political correctness and dumb shit to see what's really going on.

Announcing his pick next week. Gorsuch seems to be trending way up.

I really like that pick who is well qualified. Neil (49 years young) believes in a strict interpretation of the constitution in the same way as Scalia. Unlike Pryor (another favorite), Gorsuch was easily confirmed by the Senate to the U.S. Court of Appeals under GWB. The dems would have a hard time painting him as a radical but of course they will try.

Reactions: moe_schmoe
I really like that pick. Neil (49 years young) believes in a strict interpretation of the constitution in the same way as Scalia. Unlike Pryor (another favorite), Gorsuch was easily confirmed by the Senate to the U.S. Court of Appeals under GWB. The dems would have a hard time painting him as a radical but of course they will try.
Yeah, pretty sure he's the most Scalia bunch of them all. Definitely a good pick, imo.

And no surprise, Trump trying to suppress scientific research. Seriously going back to the dark ages where tobacco was good because your doctor smokes! Woo hoo!

Trump doing his best to do Putin's job for him. MILLIONS OF ILLEGALS DIDN'T VOTE FU$*#(*$ TWAT BAGS

Reactions: Dallas-Wild
Respectfully disagree. Not only are there absolutes, but I believe they are intuitive. It's part of our creation. Everyone knows it's wrong to murder, steal. They may still do it, but in their spirit, they know it's wrong. IMO :)

I know why you want to believe the way you do. You have a conclusion that must be supported. But the facts show you are wrong.

Some cultures had cannibal flesh markets. Some nomadic tribes stole freely from other tribes for survival without a hint of guilt. This is easy. Morals are shaped by society and basic survival instincts. You might even call them intuitive over time.

As I said, defining morality is an ongoing struggle. I could type pages on the subject, but really don't feel like it at the moment. There's too much positive moral change underway as a result of the election and I want to consume the good news and celebrate. :)

Reactions: FusterCluck
Hillary making a come back? Source close to her says there's a 50/50 chance she runs for mayor in NY.

And no surprise, Trump trying to suppress scientific research. Seriously going back to the dark ages where tobacco was good because your doctor smokes! Woo hoo!

Trump doing his best to do Putin's job for him. MILLIONS OF ILLEGALS DIDN'T VOTE FU$*#(*$ TWAT BAGS

It really doesn't matter because he won in any case. Trump will leave a real legacy that can't be undone with a pen and a cellphone. This is because he has the votes in Congress (unlike O). Its going to be many years before the dems have control of the Whitehouse, Senate and the House again.

I think what really surprised me when looking into the voter fraud claims was the number of multiple votes, along with deceased votes. Virginia had quite a few people admit to being non-citizens and voting, not out of malice, but not understanding the law. So you really gonna tell me that out of the 15 million or whatever the number is that it's not highly possible that 3 million misunderstood as well? Granted that doesn't mean that they all voted for one side, but fraud is fraud.

California is gearing up just in case of voter I.D. laws. They're now allowing illegals to have a driver's license, but there's only the slightest distinction between the illegals' I.D. and official California state I.D. You have to be actively looking to spot the shit. That's not on accident.

*Edited to add picture

CA-DLs-COMPARED.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: FusterCluck
There is no particular reason to believe that any set number of these hate crimes was committed by a conservative individual, let alone a conservative group. For example, one recent hate crime, motivated either by race or anti-disability bias or both, occurred in Chicago, and it was allegedly committed by four black people against a mentally disabled white victim. This crime will appear in the statistics, but it's obviously not a crime committed by a conservative group. It's likely that these four idiots in Chicago probably lean to the left politically, to the extent that they have political views at all, but, even at that, it's a stretch to even try to tie them to a liberal group. Similarly, to consider two of the more famous right-wing oriented hate crimes in recent memory, the Byrd dragging death and the Sheppard murder- perhaps these idiots who committed these acts had some kind of Nazi leanings, but they weren't part of any conservative organization.

Here's the reality- almost all organized violence in 2016 of any strictly political nature (as opposed to deranged individuals acting alone) was leftist. From BLM directed race riots to non-BLM directed race riots, from Baltimore to Charlotte, to Milwaukee, to violent assaults and vandalism at Trump rallies, to the idiocy in D.C and other places on Friday, to the idiocy in Portland and other places after the election....it just goes on and on, and it's all from the Left. That also includes the skinhead vs. SJW brawls in California, which were provoked by the SJWs and not the skinheads.

Will be interesting to see if someone figures out a way to challenge California's voting procedures to, eventually, declare them null and void. Invalidate their entire process thus putting their votes in total limbo.

I agree with Trump, the entire election was a fraud! The American people should demand new elections immediately!!

Call me a conspiracy kook, whatever, makes no difference to me. I'm very secure in claiming, without any evidence, that illegals vote in American elections.

No one will ever convince me otherwise. I don't care if it's three million or one. Bottom line is, it's happening, it shouldn't be happening, and it's something that's easily avoidable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT