POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
China is turning away from coal and investing in renewables while the US goes backwards towards coal. Solar and wind energy have been the biggest job creators the past 8 years. Solar energy costs now on par with coal and natural gas.

NO

China is turning away from coal and investing in renewables while the US goes backwards towards coal. Solar and wind energy have been the biggest job creators the past 8 years. Solar energy costs now on par with coal and natural gas.

Why does it have to be either/or? Why not both?

Thats a fair assessment.

I was just arguing the process. People have tried for years, including some of the best legal minds to overturn Roe v Wade, but barring a constitutional amendment, I dont see how to do. I have mixed feelings.

Yes. Or a complete shift in the makeup of scotus. It's possible under trump. But no way rgb retires with a Republican in office. Honestly, I'm shocked she didn't retire when Obama won reelection. She probably messed up there.

Reactions: -LEK-
It's why I love the c-word.. it's still so vile for so many people..
True. Americans are so offended by that word. Odd why that is. In England it's used so much it might as well be a term of endearment.

Bloke shows up at his mother's house - "C'mere you old c* and give me a hug!"

Reactions: screwduke1
Yup, if you can't refute statistics or it doesn't bend to your world view, rail on the source. Meanwhile the right quotes Breitbart and World Nut Daily. Believe it or not, even the Heritage Foundation, a bastion of right wing circle jerks, has some material worth referencing, because it's backed up with data.

I applaud Trump for wanting to move the Embassy to Jerusalem to bring 'peace' to the Middle East. However, if even 1 American dies because of this, I just know you guys will hold the same hate for him as you do for Hillary over Benghazi.

I also know you will hold him accountable when the pipelines inevitably leak and destroy water supplies. Oil that most likely won't be going to a single pump in America. Nor do a single thing to bring down the price of gas.

Trump may do well in bringing some jobs back to the U.S. Everything else looks like a disaster waiting to happen. His trade policies with regards to NAFTA, could also destroy jobs in those same states he took from Hillary. They are the most dependent on NAFTA trade. We shall see. Glad I don't need the gov't to create jobs for me.

All that oil and gas is already being shipped from Canada to the U.S. for refining. That is a much more dangerous and costly way to do it than by pipeline. Can you imagine a the damage that a derailment of a oil/gas shipment would cause in to a major city. You libs are stupidly against any fossil fuels. The problem is we are going to have to rely one them for our needs for at least another quarter century. We have the greatest wealth of fossil energy resources on the planet. Why would we knowingly give up that competitive advantage against the rest of the world?

16265718_10209874453796757_9063533759735490907_n.jpg

I'm really curious what the narrative is going to be when none of the left's predictions come true about Trump? When none of the "end of the world" stuff comes to fruition. When no one's rights are taken away, when no one prevents you from being gay or doing whatever? What will they say?

The economy is going to rock, we're going to get serious about our borders and they will still be pushing the same BS in 2020.

Is there a way to make voter ID laws mandatory federally in order to vote in federal elections?

What needs to be done is make government IDs completely free, which destroys the liberals argument that "people of color can't afford to get an ID." Make it free and then make it to where you have to verify identity before you can vote.

Then let's see what the vote totals are in a lot of these heavily Mexican areas are.

Reactions: allabouttheUK
If you guys haven't had a chance to watch Sean Spicer's press conferences (there have only been 2 lol), do yourself a favor and watch at one sometime.

It is absolutely hilarious to watch the difference between the liberal press and everyone else. The libs keep trying to get Spicer on "gotcha" topics (today, in the first 10 minutes, I think he had 3 or 4 questions on Trump's statement about voter fraud from last night).

Trump's signing EO's trying to get the economy moving, talking jobs with S&P 500 CEO's, etc... and all these libs care about is stuff that's irrelevant at this point.

Thats a fair assessment.

I was just arguing the process. People have tried for years, including some of the best legal minds to overturn Roe v Wade, but barring a constitutional amendment, I dont see how to do. I have mixed feelings.
I wonder about the possibilities of a Trump SC. Trump is an enigma in most things and his views on the SC are likewise. I believe he will appoint candidates that try to interpret the Const as it was written and the way the writers might have responded to issues as opposed to candidates that bend and sway with the times. I don't believe he will necessarily appoint conservatives, just very smart people. That said...if he is fortunate to get another candidate in addition to the one he will appoint in a couple of weeks, the make-up may be sufficient to thwart the political activist type thinking of the late 60's and early 70's that spawned RvW.
Personally, IMO, had the justices had access to the scientific info we have now, I believe their decision might have been to allow abortion, but with several stipulations.

You might want to dig a little deeper. It's ok to venerate the founders. I do as well. Just don't fall into the delusion that their idea of morals always match yours or that since they wrote so beautifully on some subjects they must agree with your ideas on issues of which they were silent in their formal writings.

There are no "absolute morals". We decide and judge what is moral, what is good, and what is evil. It's been an ongoing struggle throughout history.

I've got to go dig out from a mountain of snow now.

Respectfully disagree. Not only are there absolutes, but I believe they are intuitive. It's part of our creation. Everyone knows it's wrong to murder, steal. They may still do it, but in their spirit, they know it's wrong. IMO :)

True. Americans are so offended by that word. Odd why that is. In England it's used so much it might as well be a term of endearment.

Bloke shows up at his mother's house - "C'mere you old c* and give me a hug!"

Trainspotting! . . . greatest Brit movie EVER, ya doss c*nt!

Reactions: moe_schmoe

other than the falsities previously pointed out....which country is increasing carbon emissions and which is decreasing?

If you guys haven't had a chance to watch Sean Spicer's press conferences (there have only been 2 lol), do yourself a favor and watch at one sometime.

It is absolutely hilarious to watch the difference between the liberal press and everyone else. The libs keep trying to get Spicer on "gotcha" topics (today, in the first 10 minutes, I think he had 3 or 4 questions on Trump's statement about voter fraud from last night).

Trump's signing EO's trying to get the economy moving, talking jobs with S&P 500 CEO's, etc... and all these libs care about is stuff that's irrelevant at this point.

I watched the one yesterday, and Trump's idea of allowing skype reporters from other parts of the country is genius.

I could not pull the trigger on Trump on election day, and still have reservations about his personality, but things like this, and meeting with union workers are great starts. I grew up in a union household, and make a big distinction between government unions and private sector unions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT