How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not arguing morality.

Which prevails? What about Sharia law? Since it's law in muslim culture, is it right the way they treat women? I would give you the benefit of the doubt and anticipate you would not say such laws are right. If right, what then do you base that on? A moral code?
Whether people want to admit it or not, there are absolute moral rights and wrongs that supersede any laws.

Reactions: P19978
Leftist are extremely racist. Al Sharpton is a leftist. Jesse Jackson. Obama.
I agree with you 1,000%. I've said for years that your true racists are liberals democrats. My definition of a racist is, someone that bases everything on skin color. Anyone that supports affirmative action, supports this based solely on the color of a persons skin. And that's the democrat party. The dems apparently feel like that blacks are so inferior to whites that they need special help through something like affirmative action. The dems look at black people the way we all look at a handicap child. Like they can't make it on their own. Republicans on the other hand, looks at blacks as not needing help. We look at blacks as being just as smart as whites. It time we call these lying ass liberals out on this.

The Supreme Court ruled that slavery was acceptable at one time too. That was obviously wrong.
This is what is scary. Once again, you are citing opinions that while "feel" the same to you, are not.

The Supreme Court did not rule to "end" slavery, the Emancipation Proclamation did that. Dred Scott, which you are refereing too, ruled that African Americans werent entitled to due process because they werent citizens. The 14th amendment, or the Constitution did that, by granting rights to all citizens. Not the Supreme Court. So once again, your feelings are dictating fact, not reality. EDIT: Left out obvious 13th amendment.

Second, and from Roe v Wade (synopsis) Then, the Court established that the word "person" as used in the due process clause and in other provisions of the Constitution did not include the unborn, and therefore the unborn lacked federal constitutional protection.

So a fetus is not considered a person, and thus lacks protections of the constitution. This has been reaffirmed by later cases as well.

So, no, the Supreme Court did not overturn slavery...

Last edited:
Reactions: Resist2017
It's one thing to have the freedom to criticize authority; to choose your life's work; to choose where you will live, marry; to choose how/if you will worship. THOSE are the types of rights our nation was founded on. The founders of our nation would roll over in their graves if they could see how we've bastardized the concept of "rights" as they intended in our constitution. Those guys were brilliant thinkers. IMO, if they had been asked to make a decision on Roe v Wade, they would have made short work of it. It's wrong. It's evil. Hopefully, we get some SCJ's that interpret the Constitution based on the intent of the writers and not adapting it to our times.

From what I've read, abortion was legal in the English colonies of early America and after the founding as long as it was performed before what they called the "quickening" (when the mother first began to feel the baby moving). Have you heard differently? If so, please share.

I think forcing a woman to give birth to a child who will in all likelihood live an incredibly shitty life is morally wrong. Not morally wrong forcing the mother to give birth, she made a choice. But forcing a kid into that life to satisfy my own conscience.

I agree with you 1,000%. I've said for years that your true racists are liberals democrats. My definition of a racist is, someone that bases everything on skin color. Anyone that supports affirmative action, supports this based solely on the color of a persons skin. And that's the democrat party. The dems apparently feel like that blacks are so inferior to whites that they need special help through something like affirmative action. The dems look at black people the way we all look at a handicap child. Like they can't make it on their own. Republicans on the other hand, looks at blacks as not needing help. We look at blacks as being just as smart as whites. It time we call these lying ass liberals out on this.
I had this very conversation with a black lady yesterday. Hand-outs, favors on the surface look like good-hearted gestures but it's like a parent deciding to "help" a child by always carrying it around/never letting it learn to walk. There are some steps that need to be taken to protect all people like our anti-discrimination laws, but for the most part, we'd do minorities a favor by removing crutches.

I had this very conversation with a black lady yesterday. Hand-outs, favors on the surface look like good-hearted gestures but it's like a parent deciding to "help" a child by always carrying it around/never letting it learn to walk. There are some steps that need to be taken to protect all people like our anti-discrimination laws, but for the most part, we'd do minorities a favor by removing crutches.
I think forcing a woman to give birth to a child who will in all likelihood live an incredibly shitty life is morally wrong. Not morally wrong forcing the mother to give birth, she made a choice. But forcing a kid into that life to satisfy my own conscience.
One thing to help would be making adoption easier. Also restrict women from reclaiming their baby after it has been adopted

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
From what I've read, abortion was legal in the English colonies of early America and after the founding as long as it was performed before what they called the "quickening" (when the mother first began to feel the baby moving). Have you heard differently? If so, please share.
It may have been an accepted practice by some as is abortion today. No mention of it in the constitution. In fact, when right thinkers read the constitution, they will strive to read it in a manner that is consistent with other tenets of the original constitution. I fail to see how, based on the apparent train of thought of the writers, how a concept like abortion would be consistent with their logical, reasonable writings.

Which prevails? What about Sharia law? Since it's law in muslim culture, is it right the way they treat women? I would give you the benefit of the doubt and anticipate you would not say such laws are right. If right, what then do you base that on? A moral code?
Whether people want to admit it or not, there are absolute moral rights and wrongs that supersede any laws.
I have no clue what argument you are making. We live in America, the United States of America, that has a Constitution, a Bill of Rights, a focus on inalienable freedoms. Our laws are based on many things. However, when Madison wrote the Bill of Rights, his very first, (read that again) very first amendment was separation of church and state.

And I quote Madison (its a real quote, not made up)

“experience witnesseth that eccelsiastical establishments, instead of maintaining the purity and efficacy of Religion, have had a contrary operation.During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What have been its fruits? More or less in all places, pride and indolence in the Clergy, ignorance and servility in the laity, in both, superstition, bigotry and persecution.

You can argue Islamic laws are wrong all day, but we are in America. Whatever your conscious feels that you must abide, I understand, but I am an American first, and thus will follow our laws. When HRC rigged the DNC, she broke a fundamental tenet of our democracy. Pure evil.

I get the need to lash out at certain laws. If you feel they are unfair, go for it, but some laws would violate the constitution, and that is a pretty big divide.

This is what is scary. Once again, you are citing opinions that while "feel" the same to you, are not.

The Supreme Court did not rule to "end" slavery, the Emancipation Proclamation did that. Dred Scott, which you are refereing too, ruled that African Americans werent entitled to due process because they werent citizens. The 14th amendment, or the Constitution did that, by granting rights to all citizens. Not the Supreme Court. So once again, your feelings are dictating fact, not reality.

Second, and from Roe v Wade (synopsis) Then, the Court established that the word "person" as used in the due process clause and in other provisions of the Constitution did not include the unborn, and therefore the unborn lacked federal constitutional protection.

So a fetus is not considered a person, and thus lacks protections of the constitution. This has been reaffirmed by later cases as well.

I thought it was the 13th. The Supreme court's job is to interpret the intent of the constitution and of its writers at the time of the writing or at the time of the ratification of amendments and apply to law accordingly. There should be no consideration of "what is popular", "what do the people want" etc...

Reactions: WettCat
I thought it was the 13th. The Supreme court's job is to interpret the intent of the constitution and of its writers at the time of the writing or at the time of the ratification of amendments and apply to law accordingly. There should be no consideration of "what is popular", "what do the people want" etc...
What are you arguing? It was 13th. And 14th. I forgot to add it.

The Supreme Court held that fetuses were not afforded protection under the 14th.

I have no clue what argument you are making. We live in America, the United States of America, that has a Constitution, a Bill of Rights, a focus on inalienable freedoms. Our laws are based on many things. However, when Madison wrote the Bill of Rights, his very first, (read that again) very first amendment was separation of church and state.

And I quote Madison (its a real quote, not made up)

“experience witnesseth that eccelsiastical establishments, instead of maintaining the purity and efficacy of Religion, have had a contrary operation.During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What have been its fruits? More or less in all places, pride and indolence in the Clergy, ignorance and servility in the laity, in both, superstition, bigotry and persecution.

You can argue Islamic laws are wrong all day, but we are in America. Whatever your conscious feels that you must abide, I understand, but I am an American first, and thus will follow our laws. When HRC rigged the DNC, she broke a fundamental tenet of our democracy. Pure evil.

I get the need to lash out at certain laws. If you feel they are unfair, go for it, but some laws would violate the constitution, and that is a pretty big divide.

Madison's writings, IMO, were a direct condemnation of what colonists had experienced in England, where the "Church of England" was considered the only acceptable means of worship. I believe his intent was to allow freedom of choice in matters of worship. Additionally, I believe his statement as quoted has more to do with avoiding theocratic form of governments. Morality and religion are two different things.
I,too, will follow laws until they violate absolute moral principles.

If abortion is to be legal, and irresponsible women want to use it as a way "reach their dreams" so be it.

1st abortion - its on the house. People make mistakes blah blah blah
2nd abortion - well, you're gonna have to pay for that one right there. That will be 50,000.00 - thank you very much
3rd abortion - Something tells me you are either a self absorbed psycho who is too cowardly to end the life of an adult, or you have the IQ and mental capacity of the fetus you are terminating. Welcome to prison,and we'll be taking those reproductive organs from you just in case you haven't learned your lesson, but by all means fck away.

Abortion is only acceptable if/when the life of the mother or child are in danger, or if the mother was raped, but that's a slippery slope as well.

There are many ways for women to protect against getting pregnant, so many forms of birth control. So why should the government have to pay for a blatant lack of personal responsibility?

The Supreme Court did not rule to "end" slavery, the Emancipation Proclamation did that. Dred Scott, which you are refereing too, ruled that African Americans werent entitled to due process because they werent citizens. The 14th amendment, or the Constitution did that, by granting rights to all citizens. Not the Supreme Court. So once again, your feelings are dictating fact, not reality. EDIT: Left out obvious 13th amendment.

I didn't say the Supreme Court overturned slavery. I'm aware of the Civil War. The Supreme Court ruled that slaves were property, thus making it legal. That's what I said. It's pretty simple.

Madison's writings, IMO, were a direct condemnation of what colonists had experienced in England, where the "Church of England" was considered the only acceptable means of worship. I believe his intent was to allow freedom of choice in matters of worship. Additionally, I believe his statement as quoted has more to do with avoiding theocratic form of governments. Morality and religion are two different things.
I,too, will follow laws until they violate absolute moral principles.
Thats a fair assessment.

I was just arguing the process. People have tried for years, including some of the best legal minds to overturn Roe v Wade, but barring a constitutional amendment, I dont see how to do. I have mixed feelings.

Good one monkey. So, besides omitting the 13th amendment, where was I wrong?

The presumption that you are more intelligent than others. Comparing me to a monkey. You are still in 8th grade and have no business speaking to other adults the way you do. You are an insolent adolescent. I need to get back to work. Try not to get sent to the principal's office.

Your argument infers something different. I get argument is tough for some people. Perhaps a basic course would help you?

http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.php?t=152732
Show me where I insinuated the Supreme Court ended slavery. You cited that abortion is legal, which is true. I noted that slavery was once legal, which wasn't the right thing to do, but it was legal. Somewhere in there, I'm not totally sure how, you got lost.

It may have been an accepted practice by some as is abortion today. No mention of it in the constitution. In fact, when right thinkers read the constitution, they will strive to read it in a manner that is consistent with other tenets of the original constitution. I fail to see how, based on the apparent train of thought of the writers, how a concept like abortion would be consistent with their logical, reasonable writings.

You might want to dig a little deeper. It's ok to venerate the founders. I do as well. Just don't fall into the delusion that their idea of morals always match yours or that since they wrote so beautifully on some subjects they must agree with your ideas on issues of which they were silent in their formal writings.

There are no "absolute morals". We decide and judge what is moral, what is good, and what is evil. It's been an ongoing struggle throughout history.

I've got to go dig out from a mountain of snow now.

I have never understood why the "Women's Movement" is so consumed with abortion or the killing of a child in the womb. As a married man, my wife and I understand a woman does not have to get pregnant just because she has sex. Civilized and educated human beings understand this. Only the ignorant or irresponsible allow "unwanted pregnancy" and are careless. I guess if you know a government will pay your bills to kill your unwanted baby it is easy to be irresponsible. And for those that argue that these pregnancies are a mistake only I say that would be a good argument if they were in the hundreds but not when they are in the millions.

Still it seems women put the right to kill above any other right they have in society This makes them crazy like their role models UK Ashley Judd and Singer Madonna. It is something to see as they scream, yell and act like 3rd graders who just discovered profanity. Of all our citizens they are the saddest and scrape the bottom of humanity. The poor Democrat Party is stuck with the reprobate and low life of the voting public. Sad to see.

You all need better insults.. and the mods should just let it happen. Calling people nutsacks and dickbags only does so much for me.

Expected executive actions today: Trump moving forward with Keystone XL and Dakota pipelines. A move sure to piss off the enviros but will create thousands of jobs. The oil and gas is already moving across our country. Pipeline is much safer and cheaper than rail. Why can't the tree-huggers understand that.

http://www.businessinsider.com/pres...e-xl-and-dakota-access-pipelines-today-2017-1

Trump is telling Obama to kiss his ass on quite a few executive actions and it is awesome.

Personally, I'm fine with the insults. Conservatives are pretty thick skinned. If we're all what you say we are.. skoal chewing, gun toting hillbillies.. pretty sure those folk don't care about "feelings".. Instead it's the liberal bootcamp colleges and large cities who can't seem to take a joke or have a laugh.

You're smart enough to realize which party gets offended and which doesn't.. right?

Heck, I'd use "monkey" too.. if I knew that half the nation isn't allowed to say that word. It's why I love the c-word.. it's still so vile for so many people.. damn right I'm gonna drop it now and then.. err.. everyday.
anyone can call me a monkey any time they want. Or an ape, or a gorilla primate. I don't care. If you come to my business and get the $15 car wash I will let you call me what ever you want.

Thats a fair assessment.

I was just arguing the process. People have tried for years, including some of the best legal minds to overturn Roe v Wade, but barring a constitutional amendment, I dont see how to do. I have mixed feelings.
We have dehumanized abortion by calling the unborn a 'fetus' rather than a 'baby'. There are several ways to avoid getting pregnant these days and also a morning after pill in case you didn't use a form of contraception. I can even get my arms around abortion up to around 6 weeks which is when brain/heart development really begins. Beyond that, I just can't understand how ANY human can justify abortion except in the case of rape, incest, health of mother, etc... EVERY woman should be forced to see an ultrasound of the baby with its beating heart. They should also be forced to watch a video of what happens during an abortion. Finally, they should watch a video showing that a baby has a 50% chance of survival at week 22 or so with full term being week 41.

Personally, I'm fine with the insults. Conservatives are pretty thick skinned. If we're all what you say we are.. skoal chewing, gun toting hillbillies.. pretty sure those folk don't care about "feelings".. Instead it's the liberal bootcamp colleges and large cities who can't seem to take a joke or have a laugh.

You're smart enough to realize which party gets offended and which doesn't.. right?
I dont claim party lines. Obviously, I lean left, but not liberal. I think the DNC is garbage right now, and HRC might have been the worst candidate you could put up. She rigged that shit. I dont like Trump either, but impressed so far.

I think both Dems and Pubs are both easily offended. Obviously, this political board is a shit talking board. But I carry, I am from Kentucky. Stupid people on both sides.

But I have seen a lot of Trump supporters act just as offended as SJW. I mean, the hour by hour spouts from Heisman for example.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I dont claim party lines. Obviously, I lean left, but not liberal. I think the DNC is garbage right now, and HRC might have been the worst candidate you could put up. She rigged that shit. I dont like Trump either, but impressed so far.

I think both Dems and Pubs are both easily offended. Obviously, this political board is a shit talking board. But I carry, I am from Kentucky. Stupid people on both sides.

But I have seen a lot of Trump supporters act just as offended as SJW. I mean, the hour by hour spouts from Heisman for example.
The difference is show me where conservatives' grievances has resulted in: property damage, bodily harm, disruption or some form of banning (Not showing up) etc....

We have dehumanized abortion by calling the unborn a 'fetus' rather than a 'baby'. There are several ways to avoid getting pregnant these days and also a morning after pill in case you didn't use a form of contraception. I can even get my arms around abortion up to around 6 weeks which is when brain/heart development really begins. Beyond that, I just can't understand how ANY human can justify abortion except in the case of rape, incest, health of mother, etc... EVERY woman should be forced to see an ultrasound of the baby with its beating heart. They should also be forced to watch a video of what happens during an abortion. Finally, they should watch a video showing that a baby has a 50% chance of survival at week 22 or so with full term being week 41.
When I saw my first kid in ultra sound at 8 weeks, it made me rethink everything. I get it. There is a baby. Perhaps the day will come when we collectively agree its wrong. There are probably tougher questions that go with this.

When I saw my first kid in ultra sound at 8 weeks, it made me rethink everything. I get it. There is a baby. Perhaps the day will come when we collectively agree its wrong. There are probably tougher questions that go with this.
I don't have an opinion on a necessary abortion. I'm referring to the liberals' pandering to the likes of Kermit Goznell. Snipping baby's necks, people should be exposed to what went on. Instead we get the likes of Jimmy Kimmel crying over Cecil the Lion in a coordinated effort to not even talk about infanticide brought to you by the modern Democrat party.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT