POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ridiculous because he's been successful. He's dropping out but we've got Trump and Carson in it. Wow!
Walker's young enough to be a factor down the road.

Best move for him is to run for Senate. Win there and he'll be a huge player in the future.

for all the talk of the GOP's deep bench of qualified executives from large, important states, the first two candidates to acquiesce are exactly that.

for all the talk of the GOP's deep bench of qualified executives from large, important states, the first two candidates to acquiesce are exactly that.
Bush took the cash and Trump sucked all the attention.

But pretty much anyone remotely considered an establishment candidate is SoL for now.

I can see a F4 of Trump, Cruz, Bernie, and Biden....but would not be surprised if none of those are there at the end.

Same thing is happening to me. I'll always pay attention to UK sports, but I don't have anywhere close to the level of interest I once had. The NCAA is beyond ridiculous, I never latched on to any pro teams when I was younger, and even as a former athlete I find the environment and the people surrounding sports to be toxic.

Kinda like you. I still follow the cats in basketball and watch all the games that I can. But, I no longer have the passion for it I once did, and it's mostly because of the OAD rule. Not blaming Cal, he is only playing the rules as they exist, but it is souring me on college basketball overall.

Shame about Walker, a very qualified candidate who was able to get some conservative things done in a blue state. Knows how to govern and get things done. This is the first real impact Trump has had on the race. Until now, it's just an interesting story, a riddle.....

Bush took the cash and Trump sucked all the attention.

This. Bush raised so much money, that it destroyed other establishment candidates. Its why you see Rand Paul on twitter asking for $100 all the time. Its also the main reason Nate Silver still has Bush as the front runner to get the nomination.

Shame about Walker, a very qualified candidate who was able to get some conservative things done in a blue state. Knows how to govern and get things done. This is the first real impact Trump has had on the race. Until now, it's just an interesting story, a riddle.....

Walkers accomplished good things. But hes just not charismatic enough to make it in this race. He comes off as very robotic. Not gonna cut it in todays idiocracy.

Trump thought Romney was too harsh on immigration....and that is now his supposed calling card issue.

This. Bush raised so much money, that it destroyed other establishment candidates. Its why you see Rand Paul on twitter asking for $100 all the time. Its also the main reason Nate Silver still has Bush as the front runner to get the nomination.

Americans love them some oligioarchy.

smh,Clinton or Bush.

hahaha "hey, I know that rattle snake bit me 5 times before, but ya know what, I think this time it will be different"

derp derp derp..

Americans love them some oligioarchy.

smh,Clinton or Bush.

hahaha "hey, I know that rattle snake bit me 5 times before, but ya know what, I think this time it will be different"

derp derp derp..
It will be different. You're building up immunity to venom and that's what lots of voters think.

Said from the beginning that it will be Bush versus Clinton. Politics in this country is so corrupt and fixed that its inevitable these two get the nomination. Who in their right mind thinks either one fixes this mess is dumber than a box of rocks. Unfortunately, there are many out there which is one reason why the government has taken over this country and our lives.

Said from the beginning that it will be Bush versus Clinton. Politics in this country is so corrupt and fixed that its inevitable these two get the nomination. Who in their right mind thinks either one fixes this mess is dumber than a box of rocks. Unfortunately, there are many out there which is one reason why the government has taken over this country and our lives.

Man, I hope you're wrong.....but I'm not sure that you are. Bush....Clinton.....gah.

Didn't Hilary hint that she may make Bill her VP? That should be rich.

All Bush has to do is keep his mouth shut and surf his tsunami of money to the nomination. Clinton, the same.

This is how it's been, is, and always will be barring a major revolution. A revolution that will never occur due to the slow and calculated castration of the populace of this country.

Reactions: jamo0001
Didn't Walker say it was God's plan for him to run when he made his announcement?

The Almighty evidently has quite the sense of humor.

Let me get this straight - Walker stated he felt like God was calling him to RUN for president.

Therefore it must mean God is a jokester because he wasn't going to WIN.

I suppose I don't understand the point in making fun of someone for their religious beliefs or their feeling that God is calling them to do something worthwhile. Even if they fail.

I mean, every president ever has made it clear their belief in God. Liberal and conservative. Even with the current coolness of hating God/religion.

Seems petty.

Man, I hope you're wrong.....but I'm not sure that you are. Bush....Clinton.....gah.

Of course that would be our options, which is what I was afraid of in the first place. Enough with these two families.

What's the stigma against Rubio at this point? He would be a good option for us at this point.

Let me get this straight - Walker stated he felt like God was calling him to RUN for president.

I suppose I don't understand the point in making fun of someone for their religious beliefs or their feeling that God is calling them to do something worthwhile. Even if they fail.

I mean, every president ever has made it clear their belief in God. Liberal and conservative. Even with the current coolness of hating God/religion.

Seems petty.

I just look at most politicians as liars so I put no stock in any mentioning of God by them. It reminds me of the atheist troubled politician in House of Cards.

Remember when Obama claimed to be Christian and then took the opposite stance of Christians most of the time if not all the time? He's scum.

Agree. Just see no need to comment/make fun of it CONSTANTLY considering 95%+ of politicians espouse their religious beliefs to the masses.

But hey, Walker is a meanie conservative so it's okay to make fun of his faith!!!

Again, just petty.

Agree. Just see no need to comment/make fun of it CONSTANTLY considering 95%+ of politicians espouse their religious beliefs to the masses.

But hey, Walker is a meanie conservative so it's okay to make fun of his faith!!!

Again, just petty.
Exactly, can't get him or any other of the Dems here to even comment on their candidates. Pathetic lot.

It is also laughably ironic to hear so many liberals upset that people won't identify BO as a Christian....a group they love to mock. Very strange.

Exactly. God's plan for each of us is perfect, and his plan for Walker was to run a humiliating, gaff filled campaign in which he blows a lot of money before finally dropping out in embarrassment.

And this is coming from someone who constantly questions my religion and God.

I just don't see the need to belittle the man's faith because of a failed presidential run. It's ridiculous. And to steal a play from your side's playbook..... It's bigoted and close-minded.

Last edited:
Didn't Walker say it was God's plan for him to run when he made his announcement?

The Almighty evidently has quite the sense of humor.
As with most contemporary critics of religion, you have a limited understanding of the way religious people think and speak.

Kinda like you. I still follow the cats in basketball and watch all the games that I can. But, I no longer have the passion for it I once did, and it's mostly because of the OAD rule. Not blaming Cal, he is only playing the rules as they exist, but it is souring me on college basketball overall.

I'm in the same boat. With the one and done system, it's a "win it all" or it's a failure mentality because everyone leaves and you have to start over. Hate the system. But that is down the list of why I have lost a lot of my passion for "watching" sports. The egos, the salaries, the huge percentage of the athletes that can barely read and were given grades, the fact that players seem to always be in trouble, etc. It's just tiresome and I don't want to spend money watching and supporting these people.

I'm in the same boat. With the one and done system, it's a "win it all" or it's a failure mentality because everyone leaves and you have to start over. Hate the system. But that is down the list of why I have lost a lot of my passion for "watching" sports. The egos, the salaries, the huge percentage of the athletes that can barely read and were given grades, the fact that players seem to always be in trouble, etc. It's just tiresome and I don't want to spend money watching and supporting these people.

Maybe priorities have changed? I remember getting sick to my stomach and losing sleep after UK lost to Arizona. Miss on a recruit and I would get depressed as hell. A divorce, buying a house, raising a kid, burying a few family members and a few stints in the hospital myself and now they are just a bunch of kids playing a game that doesnt matter nearly as much as it once did.

Reactions: KingOfBBN
So I guess Rand Paul being religious is a bad thing too, FTS?

He could be the Libertarian candidate once he gets blackballed from the GOP (which is happening already-just like they did to his dad). So you have an option other than the god awful democrat candidates and the god awful GOP candidates, but he is religious.

Is that a deal breaker for you? It isn't for me, and I hate everything about religion.

While I'm not going to vote for Rand Paul unless he's the nominee, I admire him. What you see is what you get with Paul. Same with Bernie Sanders.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
It is also laughably ironic to hear so many liberals upset that people won't identify BO as a Christian....a group they love to mock. Very strange.

I don't really think BO is a Christian, or a Muslim, but likes to co-opt elements of both, essentially thinking all religons are the same. His real god is using to power of government to achieve social justice, preferably on a world scale.

Reactions: jamo0001
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT